With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Your board name origin stories

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    It was a word I made up when I was like 12 lol.

I was talking to a few of my online friends that are Brazilian I often use voice typing because I hate touch keyboard with a burning passion!
    So one day I was typing a sentence and Donkey? ended up being written some how.
    so now when I talk to you one of my foreign friends and we are having a Lost in translation moment I write my username or they do lol

OTP Ship/slash name for 2 Transformers.

Add kensei on Discord Add kensei on Steam
    Borrowed one of those "choose your own adventure" books from the local library wherein you took on the role of a kensei, a legendary swordsman. My younger brother had recently stolen my previous name that I used to use for everything, meaning it wasn't cool anymore, so I switched.

Add Scrungo on Discord Visit Scrungo's Youtube Channel Add Scrungo on Steam Visit Scrungo on XBox Live
    So, in freshment year we got tablets for my computer science class, and we had to make a new email specifically for that class, and me being the non-conformist type, I made up a random name that sounded funny, that name being "Scrungus McDungus". My friends LOVED it and laughed so hard when I said it. Needless to say it became my new username. (before that it was radTad15, which can be explained simply by that it was my fan Pesterchum handle).
    After a while I shortened it to "Scrungo McDungo" to make it quicker and easier to say, as well as during that time I made a character based on the name to be my sort of online persona (who is no longer in use), so giving him a short nickname worked out.

Apparently, "Scrungo" is also the name of a meme dog with a long sweater, so I see it set as peoples usernames sometimes. I think about switching my username back since I don't like the thought that I blatantly stole the name from some dumb meme, but I've used "Scrungo" longer than "Scrungus" at this point it would just be sacrilegious to revert back.

Thank you for coming to coming to my Ted Talk over the history of a stupid username.
    Fun Fact:

There are literally NO such things as FUN FACTS, they do NOT exist, and if anyone tells you otherwise, they are WRONG.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk :)

Ain't got no mojo...
    Mine came from the JP name of Gary from the Pokémon Anime, and the last two digits of my birth year.

I am a fan of the Super Sentai series Jetman.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213