With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Your board name origin stories

Ain't got no mojo... Pizza Splitter's Avatar
    I like pizza. And I like Timesplitters. So yeah. Although the Timesplitters bit isn’t particularly noticeable just like with my other username I typically use pizzaperfect. Used it for the first time years ago and it stuck so I kept using them.

Banned
    I needed a username. I didn't want to use my own name. I got a friend called Marwan, so I just used his name instead of my own name, lol.

Follow XDragon On Twitter Visit XDragon's Youtube Channel Add XDragon on Steam Add XDragon on DeviantArt Visit XDragon on XBox Live
    It's been my on-line username since the early 2000's
    Last edited by XDragon; 01-16-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Accuracy
    Currently Raising:

20th anniversary V-Pet (Alphamon Version)
    RustTyrannomon & Alphamon

I love and collects electronic toys like Tamagotchi but Digivice is for man.
    So Digivicemon = Digivice + Mon (Derived from Popular Digivice Toys from Popular Digimon Series)

Ain't got no mojo...
    I used my initials mixed in the s at the end of my last name with my favor Egyptian God from the YGO TCG. I use this username for almost all sites. Its become kind of a universal username for me so I just used it.

Mine is a bit silly. It's the name of an old Pikachu OC of mine from my original deviantArt account. The silly part is that I used to say that it was a mash-up of the words thunder, fire, and heaven. Not sure why I did that.

I've used it for several other websites and forums over the years.

Ain't got no mojo... NeoDarklight's Avatar
    Mine is just as silly. 15 years ago, I was a 13 year old with megalomania. So I did what every chuuni 13 year old does, and came up with the most cliche name possible that 13 year old me could- Darklight. And since it was on NeoPets, naturally, that was taken, so I added a number to the end. Then after so long, the email I used for that account became defunct, so I made a new one that didn't last for all that long. Naturally, that ended up being NeoDivinos. Why? Because I was a megalomaniac and made a crappy guild or whatever it was called on NeoPets called Devine (sic) and I had no idea how those things worked because I was a megalomaniac and didn't care. After a while, I decided that wasn't chuuni enough, and settled upon NeoDarklight, and I've been too lazy to change it since. A few years ago, I found out that the name violated all three forbidden names on some guy's Internet Etiquette site, and I loved it so much that my laziness about my name became some sort of "ironic" pride in having a name so associated with Internet idiocy while priding myself on having grown out of that sort of behavior (for the most part) that I now refuse to use any other username (unless it's taken or too long, in which case I use NDLight instead).

And that's about as complete a story as I can make it, because I forgot the rest.

Banned
    I really like Game of Thrones. And no one else in here was named Jon Snow. And it's a funny name, so why not?

Ain't got no mojo... KoreeluStromboli's Avatar
    Follow KoreeluStromboli On Twitter Visit KoreeluStromboli's Youtube Channel Add KoreeluStromboli on DeviantArt
    "Koreelu" is made up while Stromboli is the name of a character from Walt Disney's Pinocchio. I used that name when I joined the Official Nintendo Magazine UK forums on my 16th birthday back in 2010 and that name has stuck with me ever since.

Follow Hanbei On Twitter
    I used to go by a sillier name for most of my childhood online, that i came up with by mashing up vaguely anime-sounding names until i got something i was satisfied with, Kainrand. As i grew up, however, i found that i didn't really like it anymore, and started trying to look for new ones, and it just so happened that it was around the same time Pokémon Conquest came out. I was very hyped for it, as i love SRPGs, and in it, i found a character named Hanbei, who was Hideyoshi's strategist. I thought he looked cool, his name sounded cool, and since i played a lot of SRPGs, i fancied myself a strategist as well, so i felt he represented me pretty well.
    I've been Hanbei in most of my online presence ever since.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast