With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Play Interest Check

Add Faust on Steam Add Faust on DeviantArt

Role Play Interest Check

Role Play discord chat group available here - https://discord.gg/DTmjGPq

I've seen threads like these used on various boards to varying degrees of success. With how inactive the RP board is currently, I figured that it wouldn't help to try something like this.

Basically, this is an interest check if you've got an RP idea. Post here with the idea, and see if any users or potential players reply to state their interest. This way time will be saved writing up the whole RP if no one wants to join.

Of course, this will only work if people actually use this thread, so folks, I highly encourage you to speak up if you're a writer or have any interest in RPing.
    [hr]
    As for ideas, I have a few.

I was thinking of trying some short term RPs. I feel like what scares some people away from role playing is the long term commitment. I thought that maybe if we do some shorter ones, writers who might not otherwise have RP'd might be more willing to give a game a try.

Most of them involve digimon only--no humans.

One I tried on another site once, involving newly hatched digimon just living it up in Primary Village. I would have introduced a minor plot, probably about baby snatchers or something, for there to be conflict, and once it was resolved, the RP would end. Playable levels would be Baby-Child.

Another I've been wanting to try is a village that's been cursed by an angry Goddess, where the inhabitants are turning into digi-zombies, and the only way to stop the spread is to kill the Goddess. Playable levels would be Child-Adult-Perfect.

A third involves a bunch of kids just running around in a city. Either they'd be orphans or part of a mini "gang" (nothing serious, just petty delinquencies. They could plan to rob a store or something and get wrapped up in something bigger than them, or they could be looking for a home or what not. Playable level would be Child only.

So yeah. Would anyone be interested in any of these? As I said, they'd be short term, and posts wouldn't have to be too long, just two or three paragraphs (as long as they are good posts, and don't come off as spam.)
    Last edited by Faust; 04-02-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Re: Role Play Interest Check

It's been almost a month since someone last posted in the RP section.
    I'm planning on a Frontier RP,with a defined level structure:
    H-Hybrid:Champion/Adult
    B-Hybrid:Ultimate/Perfect
    A-Hybrid:Mega/Ultimate
    Z-Hybrid:Super Ultimate
    And I have a few ideas;school of the Extraordinary,future 22XX,another planet quite isolated from Earth. Along with something called the "Maverick Complex"(if you know what I mean) that may or may not be in the final idea.

Ain't got no mojo...

I don't have any ideas and I really don't care what the RP is I just what to play it. So if you have any ideas you might as well post it, What with the inactivity in the RP section.

Why don't you join Rex's game? It's pretty early on, definitely not too late to join in

I'd be interested in some short-term RP's, and those last two ideas sound like good fun Ice, especially the second ^^ It's probably the commitment that makes me nervous; I'd hate to let the others down if I got too busy. I was set to do one RP here a few years ago, but it never got off the ground. This reminds me a bit of Pathfinder, and for an obvious reason I suppose. I enjoy that, so I'm sure I'd be able to immerse myself in a roleplay ^^

Red shirt

hey guys,

New to this, but would like to participate in a short simple RPG so if anybody would like to join me let me know. I have an idea of a very simple story, if you guys are down, I will make a new post.

Key Aspects of the story:
    - 3-4 players (keeping it simple)
    - evolution will only be armor evolution
    - final boss will be ultimate level digimon

Some general ideas about the story:
    - Humans and digimon are at war in the human world for some time
    - main characters are part of neutral party fighting to end the war
    - War is led by 4 Ultimate level digimon Generals (story will only focus on the battle against one of the generals and depending on how the game goes, we can choose to either tackle the other three and ultimately end the whole story, or leave it open ended -- will depend on game chemistry)

So this is kind of like a short-side OVA story format. Anyway, if there are people interested I will make the posts

Would the humans and digimon we play be actual chosen partners, bonded by the will of someone else, or just our "tamed" digimon? Are the other humans and digimon fighting each other? No digimon partners for them?

Hmm, I'm a little iffy on armor evolution only. Would it have to stick to canon? Like if I had a wormmon, would it only be wormmon's selection of armor evolutions? How would that work? I feel like it's kind of limiting but you may have a particular way of handling it that would circumvent the limitations.

Ain't got no mojo...

I really like that idea Feelix. Please post that

But queen has a point what if I choose hawkmon, and I want to digivolve to flamedramon. then what? I know that was a bad exaple but can you work that out?

Red shirt

[quote author=Queen of Ice link=topic=15928.msg225450#msg225450 date=1329361473]
    Would the humans and digimon we play be actual chosen partners, bonded by the will of someone else, or just our "tamed" digimon? Are the other humans and digimon fighting each other? No digimon partners for them?

Hmm, I'm a little iffy on armor evolution only. Would it have to stick to canon? Like if I had a wormmon, would it only be wormmon's selection of armor evolutions? How would that work? I feel like it's kind of limiting but you may have a particular way of handling it that would circumvent the limitations.
    [/quote]

I haven't really thought about it specifically, but I would probably say the digimon and humans will be more like partners or I guess the digimon will be our "tamed" partners. And the only humans and digimon partners other than the 3-4 main characters will be those that are in the neutral party that's fighting to end the war. Other than that, humans and digimon are fighting each other.

I chose armor evolution only because I like the variability aspect of it. Instead of the digimon being stuck to one evolution line, they can change into different types to better adapt to the situation. It was a really good idea in Digimon Adventure Zero Two that got dropped half way through the season, and I really like to bring it back. The focus in this story is using teamwork, variability of evolution, and strategy to beat the opponent rather than using sheer power or power from friendship (or something like that).

I was thinking the evolution can follow the trend listed on the digimon battle card games or as shown in the digi-egg digivolution chart on digimon wikia. I would like to say that I didn't really do my research because, I chose armor evolution with the idea that all rookie digimon can armor evolve into something (but that's not really the case). However, I would still like to go through with this idea and probably end up just having a selected few of rookies and modify the armor evolution line a little bit to give the players more freedom.

Well, a lot of RPs use armor digimon as normal digimon, so what if we could use normal digimon as armor digimon?

So like, I could take whatever child digimon I'm using and use the armor egg of faith to evolve into Angemon or something.

Will the different eggs and such be available for all to use? Like shared between the neutral party? Because even if we have four players that'd be two each, and there would still be the rest of the NPC neutral party who would be using them too.

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast