With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Play Interest Check

Red shirt

Re: Role Play Interest Check

[quote author=Queen of Ice link=topic=15928.msg225473#msg225473 date=1329393123]
    Well, a lot of RPs use armor digimon as normal digimon, so what if we could use normal digimon as armor digimon?

So like, I could take whatever child digimon I'm using and use the armor egg of faith to evolve into Angemon or something.

Will the different eggs and such be available for all to use? Like shared between the neutral party? Because even if we have four players that'd be two each, and there would still be the rest of the NPC neutral party who would be using them too.
    [/quote]

I'm still brain storming the idea of sharing the digimentals with everybody and there are some pros and cons to the idea that I'm still trying to consider but initially I was going to have it shared between everybody but the characters will stick to two primary digimentals and every so often will request to trade a digimental with another character when the situation calls for it (during battle) AND they will be able to change their two primary (held in their portable devices) with the main HQ at different checkpoints in the story.

using a normal digimon as armor is a very good idea, but as for now, I want to keep the story simple and so I would rather just keep the armor digimon for armor digimon. The reason is I want the players to strategically engage with the limited selection and require players to discuss strategies to tackle a tough situation by being able to change roles in combat.

The more we talk about it, the more complex this proposal of mine is turning out. I don't think this is very simple anymore DX

Add Faust on Steam Add Faust on DeviantArt

Haha. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems! Maybe the digimentals could be handled like in the digivice toys, where there's maybe a 'blueprint' of them inside and you're able to evolve with the blueprint. That way they could be 'shared'. Or maybe the organization only lets you download two to three at a time.

Well, I think you should be safe to go ahead and do a Sign-Up write up. It might be easier to get a grasp on once it's in a more solid form. Regardless I'm probably going to join in, I still have Laura I never really got to use. Looking forward to it ^^

Red shirt

will do once I'm done brainstorming

Ain't got no mojo...

Well I was thinking about this for a long time, well...

What happens if humans are the digimon themselves like their human form is their intraining form.

Mine is this.

Kayla - is a human/wolf hybrid also in-training form.
    DarkAgumon - Rookie
    DarkGeoGreymon - Champion
    DarkRizeGreymon - Ultimate
    DarkWargreymon X - Mega
    DarkVictoryGreymon - Super Ultimate
    DarkAncientgreymon - Super Mega.

^ this is my line up.

Completely digital DigiTamer Rikun's Avatar
    Add DigiTamer Rikun on DeviantArt

[quote author=Queen of Ice link=topic=15928.msg205907#msg205907 date=1299537550]
    I was thinking of trying some short term RPs. I feel like what scares some people away from role playing is the long term commitment. I thought that maybe if we do some shorter ones, writers who might not otherwise have RP'd might be more willing to give a game a try.[/quote]
    Yeah, that's definitely the case for myself, and I wouldn't be surprised if others feel that way too.
    At least for the time being, I'm just lurking around the RP forum until I see something that I feel comfortable joining and stuff... .__.

As for the RP ideas in the OP, they all sound pretty good to me. The 'Digi-zombie' idea is especially intriguing to me. I can already see a pack of smaller-sized Digimon hiding out in abandoned buildings from hordes of Raremon, DexDorugamon, and SkullGreymon.... *shudder* >w<

Ideas I have... I have a few ideas that I sort of loosely assembled into a RP premise...
    Basically, it combines a few aspects of the games and the show that aren't really used all that often... the main idea was something I thought of from watching that moron Marcus (Marasu in Japan I think?) punching various gigantic, enemy Digimon in Savers. (Seriously, that fool should be breaking every bone in his hand from punching guys like Okuwamon and Craniamon.) And then Digimon World 4 was pretty weird, where you have the monsters that can already fight for themselves.... using swords.... WTFhax?

But that gave me an interesting idea... why couldn't a Tamer fight alongside his/her Digimon, huh? Instead of giving equipment to Digimon like in the Digimon Story series, Digimon use other items and the human characters could arm themselves with little digi-blasters and swords (like you have in DW4) and such like that. Other optional factors are things like the DW2 Digi-Beetles, an idea that I thought was really neat as like a means of transportation and such (if you have a Digimon like Meramon or something that's not ideal for travel). If you're not familiar with Digi-Beetles, they're basically tanks with faces and with or without guns. And then the card system from Tamers or something...? But I have no idea how to integrate that.

So yeah, I don't really have a plot.... just concepts....
    FIXED -> Get a picture recolored! Re-opened for business!

@DarkVictoryGreymon - I don't know, it seems kind of weird to me. Maybe humans could really be part digimon, but there's a whole heck of a lot of extra stages there and I'm not quite getting how a human can be a wolf hybrid and have a dinosaur line ^^'

@DigiTamer Rikun - I've actually experimented a bit with both. I had cards going in Rise of the Firebird, and while it was fun, it was a lot of work too making sure it was kept balanced. As for humans using weapons, it's a lovely concept, and tons of RPs have done it. It really adds a lot of depth. The only issue I've run into is that most weapons require a decent amount of training to use properly, especially swords, so for humans to use them they would probably need to do that training, or at least have a background in it.

Completely digital DigiTamer Rikun's Avatar
    Add DigiTamer Rikun on DeviantArt

@ Ice Queen: I hear you there, though I never really thought that mattered much... I suppose it depends on the context. If the RP is set in the real world, then training is definitely a must for weaponry and firearms and such. If the RP is set in the Digital World, however, I imagine that's less important, because the Digital World(s) of the anime are largely imagination-driven. (I'm remembering the scene from Tamers where Impmon's toy gun given to him by Mako transforms into the gigantic badass hand cannon :3) I imagine that the weaponry would be more simplified, too. Swords would be simple cyber-swords like the ones in DW4, and guns would be simple cartoony/digitized laser weapons, something that wouldn't require a lot of knowledge or experience to use. It should be something a kid, like the kids from Adventure or younger, should be able to use, and the tamers would be able to get better weapons depending on their level of personal growth or their relationship with their Digimon and such. I always imagine a Guardromon or something running like a digital chop shop or armory where you can buy things like that, haha.

I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, but the gist of it is that they're simple weapons for the context of the Digital World, which doesn't follow real world logic... thus, experience to use weapons is probably not needed, because it's like a video game.

To quote RvB: "My sword? F%#$ yeah I know how to use it. What's there to know about 'swish swish stab'? It's a friggin' sword, dude. It's not a fighter jet."
    FIXED -> Get a picture recolored! Re-opened for business!

Mm, it's likely just stylistic differences. When I run RPs they tend to be on the realistic fantasy side so I do take training and such into consideration as a GM, even if the characters are in the digital world. That's just me though, I know that most other GMs won't do that :P

Ain't got no mojo...

@Queen of Ice: Well Kayla was born like that way, and she gets criticized a lot cause of her Dinosaur line and part wolf. So yeah.

Well then, you have fun with that! But it's not really my kind of thing ^^'

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast