With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For Whoever Is Interested

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook

For Whoever Is Interested

Figured I would add a topic of my own to tell about what's going on in my life.

Things are pretty good at the moment. I'm on Christmas break through the rest of the month, though I will be having my wisdom teeth removed on the 14th, so that might suck a little.

I decided several years ago that whatever day job I have, I was going to be a writer of fiction. I'm not really interested in one particular genre, though looking over my list of stories to write I guess most would be considered horror. I wrote a few short stories in high school which are in bad need of revision, and have also just finished the first short story I'm going to try to publish, "The Other Lodger."

A few of you may have noticed that I also started a topic on the Writing board, with my Digimon/Cthulhu Mythos fan fiction The Call. I got three parts of it out, but now am having trouble getting back into writing. Being on Christmas break is making me lazy, I guess. I keep meaning to add more to that story or to resume work on Alpha and Omega, a novel I started forever ago. Hopefully my sense of responsibility will require me to finish The Call so as not to leave any potential readers hanging (the two responses I got to it were positive feedback).

I have so many ideas for stories. I have listed the ideas for 83 novels (not including The Call, if that ends of being as long as I expect it to be), 3 novellas, and 175 short stories. Hopefully I can get at least a few of those released to the world before I keel over one of these days.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you've made it this far. I'm glad to be a part of something like With the Will, but have not been very sociable up to this point. Might add to this topic later if anything of note happens in my rather uninteresting life.
    Last edited by TMS; 02-24-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Re: For Whoever Is Interested

How did you get into Digimon in the first place? What has kept you interested?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

My younger brother got me started on watching the first season of the dub. I watched the first three seasons in the dub. We didn't have cable at the time, so I was unable to watch season four once it switched networks, and I kind of grew away from Digimon.

Several years later, I was showing my brother the wonders of Wikipedia, which I had just recently discovered. As an example of its usefullness I showed him its complete list of Digimon. I decided then to look at "Dragomon," who I had always been interested in since episode 13 of season 2. I saw that he was based on the writings of H. P. Lovecraft, and so I started reading those stories. Basically from then on my interests in Digimon and the Cthulhu Mythos have fed each other, with the latter inspiring me to become a writer myself.

Savers was starting around this time, and I took to watching the episodes as they were subbed. After finishing that series I went back and watched the Japanese version of Frontier, then of Adventure, 02, and Tamers. I've never bothered to watch season four of the dub or Data Squad. The dub was good enough to get me hooked on Digimon, but now that I'm older the original versions are better suited for me.

As for why I like Digimon, who knows. Maybe it's the giant monsters, or all the information to memorize, or the way they evolve. Oh well. I just love it all, I guess.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

Well, wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I probably won't be eating much the next few days. I'll be spending my recuperation time writing and reading, so more of The Call should be expected. I'm planning on updating that story every other day or so, working on my own more serious fiction on the off days. Hope everyone else is doing okay.
    MY PROJECTS

Been a while since I updated this topic, mostly because nothing has really been happening. Christmas and New Years have come and gone, leaving me buried in new video games, books, and DVDs that will probably take years to finish (I think there's some DVDs from previous years I still haven't gotten to). I'm back at school for winter quarter, which has added to the pileon with reading and writing assignments.

So, I've been busy. My writing (by which I mean the writing I actually want to do) has pretty much ground to a halt (a few of you may have noticed that my fanfiction on this site, The Call, has not been updated since the start of this month - the beginning of winter quarter). God, I miss summer. No school, I could wake up in the morning, do nothing but write 9 to 5, then enjoy the nice weather until the sun sets and I go to bed. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to take at least one summer class this year. I'm working sporadically on The Call, and have promised myself (and am now promising ukyouluvr, Lhikan, and any other readers the story may have) not to go a month without an update. I came close once already.

By the way, I've finally broken down and made With the Will my homepage. It was Google, but the forum is almost always the first place I navigate to. All the best.
    MY PROJECTS

Isn't it funny how all the tests and papers hit around the same time in a quarter? That's where I am now. As winter quarter draws to a close, all the essays need to be written. I really wish they would try to spread them out more, at least when multiple essays are for the same class. Anyway, it's going to be a busy week. I doubt I'll have time to write anything else before Thursday at the earliest. Oh well...
    MY PROJECTS

Well, the week from hell is pretty much over. Now I can get back to writing. Unfortunately there are now new frustrations like trying to book all the classes I need for next quarter, and preparing for finals and a nasty paper. I'm living for Spring Break, at the moment.
    MY PROJECTS

Ahhhhh....

The big paper is done, next quarter's classes are signed up for, and all that I have standing between me and a week of freedom are two exams. This is great. I can put a bunch of time into writing, and can watch movies I've been meaning to see. I may even play a videogame. It's been over a month! I am in a good mood.

If only Xros Wars wasn't on hiatus, things would be perfect.
    MY PROJECTS

Huh. Guess it's been a while. Spring Quarter is virtually over. I have a take-home exam due Friday, exams on Wednesday and Friday, and then it's on to summer break. If I get any free time in the coming week, I'll be working on writing The Call. I still plan on devoting the entirety of my first week of freedom after exams to writing, so that I can start making amends to my long-suffering readers for the frequent (and lengthy) hiatuses.
    MY PROJECTS

Totally forgot I had this topic.

After my last post in spring I had a lovely summer, and then a fall quarter of school which is about to wrap up. Just this weekend I finished my last major project of the quarter, a full short story. I have a few 3-pages-or-so essays left to write for the same class, and a linguistics quiz, but the worst is behind me except for my comprehensive Spanish exam in a week or so.

My university is a little unusual in that after fall quarter we are free from school until after New Year's Day, so I'm really looking forward to having some time to relax and to get back to less important but more interesting projects such as The Call. I've also done some preliminary work on something else that I plan to eventually share with the forum, but I'm not ready to talk much about it yet. I also need to get back to work on my little Digimon fan wiki thing. My other plans you probably wouldn't find very interesting.
    MY PROJECTS

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast