10th Anniversary CD Info, Coverart and... Maybe Something More

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Lord Puppetmon link=topic=12662.msg162569#msg162569 date=1247378738]
All the CD stuff is extremely cool and I look forward to it, but I feel like I'm missing something. Is there something else I need to look forward to...?
[/quote]

there seems to be an unknown track on it (special comment) which could be anything. some of us believe it could be an announcement of some kind...

cuore_ridente

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digifan2: Well, was Savers ever leaked before the announcement? I don't think so...right? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Didn't we kind of get announcement that was something like, "Okay, new season!" and then everyone had awhile to speculate what it was going to be (like a lot of people thought, "Tamers sequel!") But then they revealed more information to us about the season.

As far as I can remember, we HAVE gotten most of our information through announcements. Again, please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Digifan2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, that was a little controversial, but still my opinion anyway ::)

This is gonna slip into August, and theres no way helping that. Meaning we will only know by then!

Im not saying i KNOW, rather this is simply a modest guess. I've only been a Digimonfan for about 10-years (imagine as long as you guys)and hardly have any connections to Japan at all.

That said, i would dare to say i know a little about there "culture" and yeah, anime inludet. I doubt there ability to keep things like this a secret, or secrets at all ::) As Jpwong here has stated,these things always leak out. Usually almost 6-months before launch. Hajime no Ippo new chalenger is a classic example! I manage to dig up stuff about it atleast 5-months before launch, and hell, im not even a(big) fan ::)

I love Toei and there work. I really DO! And even more then that i love Digimon! That said...well, the writings on the wall guys! In a way i wish the anniversary would just be over with, so we could move on! People here are very active fans, and have made breakaway Digimon games of our own, so we really dont need Bandai-Toei to hold our hand anymore ::) Ofcourse no matter how awesome fangames we create, we can never make anime like Toei!

We all know that! Im going to stop shooting down hope over here! Just brought up my thoughts. Evidence does not show that there would be anything new by August. That being said, there is probobly still life after August for Digimon. The "bible" for example is coming up at September. It is mysterios to me, why there is only 1 new song on that CD? That leaves a question mark? Did they run out of money, or didn't they simply bother to make more songs because...something BIG is coming out, that they are annousing :eek:?

I have already made my opinion about this clear. I expect nothing new! That being said, i may be in for a suprise :eek: Guess at a surden level i was hoping Digimon would finally move onto our fanworks, so we would kind of get to "own it" since Bandai+Toei dont have the ability to develope it anymore. But thats just my opinion. Im basing it on what i know about anime and Japanese in general. There not very good at keeping secrets ::)

cuore_ridente

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright, alright, chill. Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with having some hope, so I'm going to continue to hope. We'll just have to wait for August.

Killy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally don't think they'd be releasing a message about something phenomenal like an OVA or a new season on a dvd. That would be done in a much more straightforward way that would cause wide notice. Not on a CD. Rather, the message could be something more to inspire nostalgia in the fans.

cuore_ridente

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Killy link=topic=12662.msg162649#msg162649 date=1247428892]
I personally don't think they'd be releasing a message about something phenomenal like an OVA or a new season on a dvd. That would be done in a much more straightforward way that would cause wide notice. Not on a CD. Rather, the message could be something more to inspire nostalgia in the fans.
[/quote]

Initially, I was going to say that I agree and that maybe, if anything, we'd get an official announcement at the concert. But the thing is, why would they include that little snippet when describing the CD if they weren't going to reference it somewhere on the it?

Digifan2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Ten years after the broadcast of "Digimon Adventure"...
Facing what lies beyond another door, a new story will come to life."

Are you sure the translation is right on this guys ::)?

Thats sounds...interesting. Eventough i stand firmly behind my believes, this...sounds a little odd. If they were going to say "goodbye" to the Digimon brand, would they be writing stuff like "a new story coming to life"

Hmm...

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digifan - shut up. You're starting to annoy me, you really remind me of someone who used to come here spouting similar junk.

If you doubt the translation, learn Japanese yourself.

Killy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=cuore_ridente link=topic=12662.msg162665#msg162665 date=1247459363]
But the thing is, why would they include that little snippet when describing the CD if they weren't going to reference it somewhere on the it?
[/quote]

Well, we don't know what form that reference is going to take. That statement could just be a reference to what we've all gained from Digimon, and what we have to show for it. Who knows. But I don't expect it to be anything big. A major decision from a production company just wouldn't get much attention from being on a CD. And if it's a message than it can't be a CD drama, it would be more like a sendoff (haha, now it could be a sendoff in the form of a CD drama, if you like that better).

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also think, that the special Thingie on the CD isn't the announcement, but I have big hope, that we get one at the concert ^^" Okay, maybe both, since I dare to predict, that the CD will also be sold on the concert und stuff...

And I don't think, if there will be a new TV Animation, it will be much before 2010. I just hope for the announcement.

But I cannot help it. "A new story will come to life" really, really sounds like a new season.

And if they would tell Digimon dead... Why spending so much money in making new CDs, a concert and stuff and rereleasing old CDs?

SSJ Jup81

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the most part, I don't think we'll get another television series...maybe a drama track, and that's probably a big maybe. Nice if they made an OVA from one of the Adventure dramas. It'd be funny to see some of those animated.

daimondai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sad that Digimon has been reduced to a series of music CDs. I really hope for another series, if thats even the case.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But we don't have a precedet about announcin seasons in Cd's....

I think if it's in a CD, it's about something in cd, maybe a drama.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That big blue room with the really bright light
[quote author=daimondai link=topic=12662.msg162689#msg162689 date=1247497560]
I'm sad that Digimon has been reduced to a series of music CDs. I really hope for another series, if thats even the case.
[/quote]

Be thankful that we're getting anything at all. ::)

daimondai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Orochi link=topic=12662.msg162720#msg162720 date=1247522809]
Be thankful that we're getting anything at all. ::)
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of music albums, so in a way, its nothing for me at all.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=daimondai link=topic=12662.msg163059#msg163059 date=1247851137]
Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of music albums, so in a way, its nothing for me at all.
[/quote]

Stop your freakin whining. It's something for the community as a whole.

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy that Digimon stuff are being released at all instead of the opposite. So, I'm not complaining...

Vallant

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if my sources are correct, it shall be two short films that we'll be getting for the anniversary. Toei will be releasing 2 short Digimon films (each being 7 minutes long) in Japan this October. Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grand Prix and Digimon Savers 3D Digital World Kiki Ippatsu!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vallant link=topic=12662.msg163119#msg163119 date=1247940228]
Well, if my sources are correct. Toei will be releasing 2 short Digimon films (each being 7 minutes long) in Japan this October. Digimon Adventure 3D: Digimon Grand Prix and Digimon Savers 3D Digital World Kiki Ippatsu!
[/quote]

What is your source for that?