10th Anniversary CD Info, Coverart and... Maybe Something More

Goggles

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=BlackWarGreymonX link=topic=12662.msg162376#msg162376 date=1247170250]
Oh god no, Adventure all the way.

Not that I didn't enjoy Frontier I just prefer Adventure.

[/quote]
Not that I didn't like Adventure, I just thought it would be nice for Frontier to get its own sequel. More Adventure stuff will still be pretty cool, though; it's still my favorite series!

Vallant

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it the tenth anniversary of Frontier? No, its the tenth anniversary of Adventure, so by rights it should be Adventure that gets the goods

BlackWarGreymonX

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Exactly Vallant, maybe a Frontier sequel in 2012 when Frontier is 10 years old.

Eimon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Bakuryu Asuka link=topic=12662.msg162368#msg162368 date=1247162777]Can anyone make out the thing on the cover?[/quote]
Took me a long time, but I'm pretty sure it's five arms/hands doing that "put all their hands in the middle" thing, as seen from below, with what appears to be a sixth hand disappearing into digicode or something. Or maybe the sixth hand/arm are fully there, and it's just a trick of the light and very hard-to-see details.

I'll just go ahead and put it out there, did that drama CD specify how many new chosen children were in Daisuke's sister's group?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's most likely is those are supposed to be the singers.

Goggles

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vallant link=topic=12662.msg162378#msg162378 date=1247171354]
Is it the tenth anniversary of Frontier? No, its the tenth anniversary of Adventure, so by rights it should be Adventure that gets the goods
[/quote][quote author=BlackWarGreymonX link=topic=12662.msg162379#msg162379 date=1247171664]
Exactly Vallant, maybe a Frontier sequel in 2012 when Frontier is 10 years old.
[/quote]
You guys are right, Adventure should get more stuff. But if it's on Adventure, what do you reckon will it be?

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i think there are three things it could be:

1. something that happened during that 25 years we didn't see
2. a prequel with the originals before taichi's group
3. after the 25 years with their kids

Vallant

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Remember how their was only 5 original chosen, you know, who first beat Apokarimon? could the 5 hands be an indication of that?

Killy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Bakuryu Asuka link=topic=12662.msg162368#msg162368 date=1247162777]
The start of the Anime. Not the start of it all. Sorry, should not sound smartass or rude if it does.
[/quote]

Yup, that's what I meant, I just didn't think I needed to elaborate. We all know Adventures was the first season and the start of the anime! Though it should encompass all the seasons, not just Adventure, even though Adventure marked the beginning.

Eimon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vallant link=topic=12662.msg162385#msg162385 date=1247176223]
Remember how their was only 5 original chosen, you know, who first beat Apokarimon? could the 5 hands be an indication of that?
[/quote]
Thought had crossed my mind, but it wouldn't make much sense for being "10 years after" without some convoluted time travel plot, unless the prequel happened in the summer of '89 and they're just mind-f'ing us.

And anyway, continuing to look at the cover, I'm getting more and more convinced that sixth hand really is completely there, and it was just a trick of the light that made it look like it was disappearing.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Eimon link=topic=12662.msg162387#msg162387 date=1247177590]
Thought had crossed my mind, but it wouldn't make much sense for being "10 years after" without some convoluted time travel plot, unless the prequel happened in the summer of '89 and they're just mind-f'ing us.
[/quote]

You are assuming that the first line is some plot reference and isn't just referencing that the anime was airing a decade ago, thereby just saying 'its been a decade since the original show was airing, something new is coming now'

Digifan2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point ANYTHING is possible :eek:

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Digifan2 link=topic=12662.msg162488#msg162488 date=1247286616]
At this point ANYTHING is possible :eek:
[/quote]

I think that pretty much sums it up. Not really all that long to go until we get it.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I think if anything will be anounced, it will be on that concert, won't it?

But I still hope, that there won't be a new Adventure-Sequel-TV-Series... Okay, 13 Episodes would be okay, but if TV it would be around 50 Episodes... And they messed up the timeline enough until now... >_<
More I would like anything new of maybe the prequel... (Or OVA or Movie - that would be okay, but "new story" sounds more like season...)

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it is that. We shouldn't hype it too much or we might be disappointed at the outcome. What I want to say is that people should not expect a new series, mvie or OVA, as the "new story" might aswell be "just" a Drama CD.

If it is about the Children of the Chosen Children, one can only hope for Multipath Evolution at work, otherwise we would get the same Digimon as in Adventure.

[quote author=Eimon link=topic=12662.msg162381#msg162381 date=1247172386]
Took me a long time, but I'm pretty sure it's five arms/hands doing that "put all their hands in the middle" thing, as seen from below, with what appears to be a sixth hand disappearing into digicode or something. Or maybe the sixth hand/arm are fully there, and it's just a trick of the light and very hard-to-see details.[/quote]

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=12662.msg162382#msg162382 date=1247172575]
What's most likely is those are supposed to be the singers.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote author=Eimon link=topic=12662.msg162381#msg162381 date=1247172386]
I'll just go ahead and put it out there, did that drama CD specify how many new chosen children were in Daisuke's sister's group?
[/quote]

I don't think so, just some members. No info on the Digimon however.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bakuryu Asuka won me XD

I was thinking the same, if there is an announcement in a music CD, i think it will be a CD Drama maybe or something like that.

Digifan2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, heres just my 2-cents ::)

As i expected, there apears to be only 1 single on the entire album, just as the rumours predicted.

What does this tell us :(?

It's real difficult to say. However, this may very well be a goodbye. I expected this already at the "official" anniversary of the toy and anime in march 6 this year.

Basicly, Digimon is a "dual brand" with both the toy and anime very similar to Gundam. I was wishing, hopin, praying for a movie or an OVA just like you guys, but the more time goes by, the more i begin to doubt :'(

There was a Dragon Ball short movie launched about a year ago by Toei, but then again, they soon launched Dragon Ball Kai afterwards. These are just my 2-cents, and im no more a Digimon fan then you guys ::)

But i think we should not get our hopes too exited. Thet "special track" may simply be a goodbye from the Digimon crew at Toei. The official Digimon book is also something worthy of note. The info on it was leaked several months ago, and it is coming up on September. Now it's only 20 days to go! If there was a movie or an OVA, we would probobly know it by now. Tecyhnicly yes, Bandai and Toei could try to keep this all a secret to the max. But i doubt it. Seriosly;news on stuff like this always leakes out 1 way or the other. There is a "30-day deadline" for news on the internet era, wich basicly means, that if there is something new coming out of Japan, you'll know it by then. 1 good example is the Hajime no Ippo;New challenger! A great anime, and everybody knew it was going to air 6-3 months before the deadline! Thats over a 100 days!!!

The fanbase is going MAD about this, and since some of us do know how to speak and read Japanese, we can get info also off fansites and Toei+Bandai sites+leaks. I dont believe they could keep something big a secret from us once you cross the 30-day deadline. Sorry about this. It's just how i feel :'(

My god, they sure have streched this out A LOT but technicly yes, the childrens summer camp officially began at 1 of August 1999. That date is officially inside the series. So yeah it's "legal" The have surdenly had TIME to do what ever they wanted! If there was something new like an OVA, we would have known it by now. I doubt Bandai-Toei could keep a thing like that a secret.

But yes, technicly it's possible there still hiding something. The CD is released on 1 of August, and so is the consert. However, i will risk my neck by simply saying;dont expect too much! I doubt there ability to hide something big, if it was coming up. If there was a movie or an OVA, we would have heared about it by now. The info would have been aired the same time with that book. Sorry, i just doubt they could keep a thing like that a secret. Dragon Ball had a short 30-minute movie. And you have to remember;Dragon Ball kai soon followed aftwerwards! Yes, it's possible, but please people, dont get your hopes up! Anyway, GREAT JOB getting info with still 20days to go :eek:

Ok, i will just say this;I dont believe Toei can make ANYTHING unless Bandai funds it! There is the issue that is costs money(Toeis level of animation probobly isn't cheap)Second is the copyrights, since it´'s a dual brand. Bandai for the sake of the "law" would have to be in on it somehow. Toei websites show nothing new. I have not heared anything new about an OVA from anywhere else. There is no news from Bandai about a new toy or a game. They dont to PC games, and hardly cellphones games either. A new Digivice would be hard to built. What short of new properties would it have? The best would be a hybrid, combining the elements of both PC and a cellphone game, but that is clearly beyond Bandais expertees, even tough they fused with Namco :'(

If anybody wants to, please shoot me down, but i see no way that they can just pull a miracle out of there hat. Theres been no news this summer. They have 20-days left. There could be an annoucment in that concert about something new in the future. But i doubt it :embarrassed: That special track on the CD is most likely a goodbye from the creators, thats all!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's so much wrong in the last post, rather than going step by step, I'm just gonna hand if off to my friend, Charlie Brown's teacher.

Waaa waaa waaa waaa, waaa waaa waaa waaaa

'translates'

that post has alot of wrong stuff in it

Digifan2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could always be wrong ::)

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All the CD stuff is extremely cool and I look forward to it, but I feel like I'm missing something. Is there something else I need to look forward to...?