1 year since the new WtW launched

Websurfer145

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm only a minor lurker and I only post every once in a while, but I can't help but add "Long Live With the Will!"

Thank you to everybody who has helped WtW endure over the years, even those who have left. And hearing all the events of the last year or so summarized like that... strange how many people went insane and just dropped Digimon in that time.

I still remember the old days of Megchan's Digimon Sekai, when she updated her card encylopedia regularly. I even remember the last farewell banner on that board, vaguely. After that board shut down, I mainly came here to the WtW site (back when it was still hosting Frontier clips) and the WtW board, even after Digimon Frontier ended and the long drought began.

Happy Birthday WtW(-X), here's to many more.

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this seems like a nice party, mind if I join? XD ^^

I joined WTW back when Digimon Savers had only been on for about 6 episodes or so? (I forget exactly) Of course, eventually, Greg went insane and I stayed on the site alot just to see what was going to happen.

Oh well, so as not to reminise (sp?) too much, I will just say this, WTW has better a better owner now than it has ever had ^^

oh and special thanks to Lost as he is the one who sets up a hell of a lot on this forum

and let's hope this is another good year for WTW ^_^

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Deviate link=topic=4998.msg65334#msg65334 date=1189321812]
Oh I know. I just called it WtW-X because I think of that as 'Mark's era on WtW'. Which if of course the best of the three 'eras'.
[/quote]

While there's only 3 admin "eras", the site actually has 4 distinct histories.

Post Megchan's Message Board Era (This was the busiest most active era of the board with a mass migration off Megchan's collapsing EZboards as JoeyTeel officially shuts down the MB)
Post Hacker Era (Board got hacked, was down for over a month, no info on wtf happenned, everyone left)
Digimon Savers Era Pt. 1 (Membership increases, activity reignites with the new season)
Digimon Savers and Beyond Era (Now)

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy Birthday, WTW-X! Love the retro layout....takes me back to when I first started translating Digimon profiles!

Here's to another year of merriment and fun! 8)

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I didn't even realize it was the new WtW's birthday... lol

I think a few days or weeks later Digimon Himitsu closed down. (I think it was October, I just remember it was in Fall).

Not a Diginoob

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as you don't make WTW more kid friendly and never redesign your Mascot for no reason at all, then I'm good.

Bikutaa Honno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, how could I not check this out? Happy Birthday, WTW!

It's nice reading the history of the site, I think it really says something about the fandom. Rather, certain parts of the fandom. XD
As an immigrant from Digimon Himitsu, I'm glad to know a good portion of the fandom has a nice, stable place to come to talk about Digimon.
...I'm not sucking up, man. Long live the staff and all that, and good luck towards another year of awesomesauce. XD

gerjomarty

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy B-day to With the Will.

God, can't even remember when I joined now. It must have been in between Frontier and Data Squad, but after your first hack. Good times. But seriously, this site has been such a resource and a centre for this community, and I don't think I'm stretching the truth when I say it's kept us all going back in the darer days when we didn't know Savers was around the corner.

Forget the drama, forget the serious business. The real power behind this place is the people who visit and the brilliant people who keep it running smoothly. Well done for getting this far goc, let's hope for many more years to come.

rianmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been a good year. Far from the day NightStallion told me about WtW as Megchan's was going down. I hope you are doing well Luc. I miss Roger-vic also. He had a sense of humor I enjoyed. I think goc and lost are doing fantastic. It's hard to imagine all the extra's they have incorporated into WtW in just a year. It's nice having a place where members of the Digimon community can find and discuss things they may not find elsewhere.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/rianmon/SubspeciesFolder3pg1.jpg

Personally it's nice having the card scans all together in one place. Thanks to lost's ability to create Terminal and goc for giving me the direction on how to improve the scans. Also, hat's off to Fenrir for doing a kick-ass job on translating everything so well at a great pace. It sure beats the heck out of the days I posted everything on Photobucket.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/rianmon/Oa-003DragonWing.jpg

Makes me curious as to what will happen over the next year. One thing that has remained constant is that WtW is never boring.

Ominous

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh Omnitor...ahahahaha
King of the jackasses...

I'll admit I miss the old days. There were some good times to be had, and fewer spouts of drama occurred.

Anubimon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I see, no special thoughts for Anubi who has painstakingly worked so hard this last year sitting on his ass and contributing hardly anything.

Happy birthday to this incarnation of WtW. Whether it's better or worse that WtWs past, I do not know, but I hope the site continues and doesn't atrophy under lack of exciting news.

SSJ Jup81

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A whole year, eh? Wow, I can't believe I"ve been with WtW (in some way) for about six or seven years now. You know, during the days where Josh and Omni were running things and how I was on Grace's board, before joey closed that down, before that.

Either way, happy birthday to this version of WtW.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy birthday, WtW! Here's hoping future drama gets kept to a relative minimum. XD

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy Birthday, WtW! *is it just me, or are there birthdays being celebrated here all the time?* May you never, NEVER, N.E.V.E.R. get as bad as TDE *shudder* was and still is. Halleluiah, you're not! ;D

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
switched theme back to the september tenchi one

Clogon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow it's been a year already. I joined wtw a few weeks before the first episodes of Savers came out and started to become quite active by the time, WtW split. I remember when wtw-x was first created. I had to register twice for some reason. Now I mainly just lurk and post here and there.

I'd like to say thanks to all the staff of WtW for keeping this site alive. And sorry for the late reply.