02 Characters in Kizuna, Character Designs & Cast Info

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which character was played by the first American?

Junpei/J.P. from Frontier was played by Michael Shintanda, who at the time was using the stage name Masato Amada. He's credited under his real name in the Frontier CD drama.

Totally blindsided by this news! It's not a big deal to me if they have big characters arc or not; I'm just glad they're here. Recasting doesn't come as a shock, but topping Romi Park is a tall order.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this is an anime film, I'm not falling for "FEATURING THIS PERSON!" to then have them speak a single line and appear in merely one shot.
I actually expect this to be the case for even the original 01 cast, beyond Matt and Izzy. The fact Joe is in medical clothes implies he may just be seeing everything happening on TV throughout the film, not unlike how the kids were caught up in life during Our War Game.
I actually said in another forum that I totally expect them to appear in a scene where they say they are going out for dinner with their digimon and then disappear for the rest of the film.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this is an anime film, I'm not falling for "FEATURING THIS PERSON!" to then have them speak a single line and appear in merely one shot.
I actually expect this to be the case for even the original 01 cast, beyond Matt and Izzy. The fact Joe is in medical clothes implies he may just be seeing everything happening on TV throughout the film, not unlike how the kids were caught up in life during Our War Game.
I actually said in another forum that I totally expect them to appear in a scene where they say they are going out for dinner with their digimon and then disappear for the rest of the film.
That would be hilarious and even entirely possible. Imagine how many 02 fans in the theatre would react with: 😐??

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know I said I think the movie will probably be better is it is Taichi and Agumon centric etc. etc. in another thread but... IT’S MY SQUAD! HELL YES! I don’t care if they barely do anything, I’m just happy to see them... T_T

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I'd be fine if they don't get new evolutions or even fight at all. So long as they have more than just a five second cameo and we get see how their characters have changed over the years is more than enough for me.

Just so happy to see them again. <3

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My first thought upon seeing those designs was "Daisuke would look unhinged and terrifying if those shades were actually on his face".

So I photoshopped them down and...
...There we have someone you really wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley with that creepy grin on his face.
Something about the half limp hands makes it especially unnerving and adds to the cheerful serial killer look.

In my opinion Daisuke's descend into madness and murder would be the perfect way to integrate the Zero Two kids into the new movie as a fun little subplot. It would even offer a great chance to feature Ken and Iori's choice of career as policeman and defense attorney respectively. And then Miyako could make Daisuke a cake after he's put in Prison or something.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its gonna be hard not hearing Paku Romi delivering Ken's lines. Can't wait to know what the 02 gang is been up to.

Do we know anything about the length of the movie already?

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hell yeah! Great to see them again! I was worried this was fake when I first saw it online xD.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my God! :eek:

I like how Daisuke is dressed like a Japanese chef in reference to how he ends up running a noodle business in the future.

Miyako looks good. I like how her headband makes me think of a neck tie being worn around the head. XD

Miyako will be 20 in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution - Kizuna so she'll be finally old enough to drink.

I hope there will be a moment where the 02 leads join a battle while Target ~akai shougeki~ plays. I can dream.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daisuke over there living his dream while Taichi is still trying to figure himself out for the seventh movie in a row.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that someone mentioned it would be great they made new versions of 02 songs like Target or Break Up

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, should we start preparing our wallets for the remaining color versions of the CSA D-3?

I wonder if we'll get that sort of merchandise for this movie. Like many have said, we might not even see all of the characters join the battle.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never pray but this time I must have to pray for...

02 partners must have their own new Perfect/Ultimates after jogressed first for the sake of nostalgia along with Valkyrimon & Shakkoumon('s fated Ultimate remains unknown). Tons of screentimes not just show up once then barely mentioned in the dialouge.... And good animation.

OH yeah also Alphamon and some old Digimon friends, too.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never pray but this time I must have to pray for...
This will at most be a 90-100 minute movie which, so far, appears to be very Taichi and Agumon centric, and on top of being billed as their 'last adventure' is going to have to give all eleven of the other DigiDestined and their Digimon a proper send-off too. With the 02 cast being more or less confirmed, that's a lot of characters to cram into one film. And inevitably, some of them are going to end up getting the shorter end of the stick in terms of screentime. Sora is my favourite character, but her profile seems to suggest that we might not see much of her, so at the moment that's pretty much what I'm expecting.

All I'm saying is; don't set yourself up for disappointment, and keep your expectations realistic.

LotusRose

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am a little concerned about the number of characters in this one movie, but I can't deny I'm happy to see them. Especially Yolei, love her new look.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh thanks for info. Oh well at least I finally have to watch more new Digimon media. Don't worry. Although it's shame...

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, so Toei is acknowledging they're actually part of the team lol! Crazy but a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

Gotta wonder how big of a role they'll play, and whether or not they'll be involved in any fighting. If so, I wonder whether they'll go back to Jogress Evolution since Takeru and Hikari both have access to Ultimate on their own now. Will we see GranKuwagamon and Valkyrimon? What will Shakkoumon's Ultimate form be?

Also, unrelated to 02 specifically: will the Mysterious Man return? Was he Gennai all along? Will Demon/Daemon show up? And is Maki dead? So many questions...

Is there a thread for speculation/theories about this movie?

Never expected Daisuke and co. to be in this movie to begin with so this is just icing on what so far looks to be a very promising cake.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can answer one of your questions. The Mysterious Man was not Gennai. Gennai was in one of the tubes with Daisuke and the others.