Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A big pre-DigiFes surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The 02 characters in the new movie!

Int he new art Iori is dressed for school, Daisuke's outfit at first glance appears to be a take on a Japanese chef's jacket (with new goggles, or glasses... will likely be easier to tell when we get them higher resolution), while both Ken and Miyako are dressed in more casual outfits. At first Miyako appears to have an entirely new style, but the more I like at it doesn't feel 'super' different for her.

On top of confirmation of their appearance, and a look at their new designs, we also get a few other things...

First, we get a look at the new designs for their Digimon partners. All look much how you'd expect, but a bit more streamlined (the biggest change to my eyes feels like Hawkmon.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Daisuke will be played by Fukujuro Katayama, who was the lead in Ping Pong and has played Bluestreak in a few shorter bits of Transformers.

Ken will be played by Arthur Lounsbery (I believe this makes him the second American to play a lead in Digimon in Japan?), he's likely best known as Kaito Tsukigami in Starmyu.

Miyako will be played by Ayaka Asai, who has been in Laura in Aikatsu Stars, Jeanne in High School DxD, Hazuki Kato in Sound! Euphonium and Liz and the Blue Bird, and Mio in Testament of Sister New Devil.

Iori will be played by Yoshitaka Yamaya, he's likely best known as Tomohito from Assassination Classroom, Marx from Black Clover, Itsuki from Rising of the Shield Hero, and many other roles.

The cast for the 4 Digimon isn't confirmed yet, but based on the 8 Adventure Digimon, and that V-mon and Wormmon's actors are guests at DigiFes tomorrow, the old cast returning for all 4 wouldn't be a surprise, but hopefully we can get that confirmed one way or the other shortly.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The last piece of art appears to just be a comparison between their old and new designs.

Update- Changed the character layout and cast image to a better version.

The designs of the Adventure kids and their Digimon in Kizuna can be found here.

Update- Did some digging around and here's a bit more...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Clean versions of the art for all 8!

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I---
I was not expecting this but this is a pleasant surprised!! I'm even more excited for this movie! Even if they don't have a big part, I'm happy that they'll actually exist lol.

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and just like that Last Evolution has regained a fair amount of the trust that Tri smashed. Now if only they don't ignore Meiko/Meicoomon and try to fix them...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They exist!?

I hope Wormmon and Veemon aren't too upset at probably getting killed in Tri lol

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew the orginal maker of the Adventure would not let us down she is going to show how u really make a Digimon movie.

Though now I'm really wondering who is the the main villain it must be extremely powerful since we got to see a small look of Omegamon's digivolution sequence used in Tri.
I really hope it's Demon because it would make sense since he did say he would return and Dark Genai even mentioned him and Diablomon would be insane if it was both

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, wasn't expecting that! They'll more than likely be tertiary characters at best (it's one movie, people are expecting a miracle...), but it's still nice that they're getting full designs.

Not super feeling Ken's haircut or Davis' clothes, but everything else looks pretty spot on!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With many characters, it could be quite the cluster fuck. May as well throw in Meiko too lol

Now for everyone to wonder what they do for megas. Will Toei stick to Imperialdramon, GranKuwagamon, and Valkrimon? will they go new? will they jogress, since TK and Kari don't really need to? now for the fandom wars to begin again!

Only for Alphamon to kidnap them in the first ten mins again.

but I think the best way would be for 01 to fight Diaboromon, 02 Daemon, and then I guess they combine together to defeat both after they fuse into evilsatanmon

In terms of design, I think Davis looks too much like Mikey... and Ken honestly doesn't really look like himself to me.

ontamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This gets my hopes up!
I hope all of them getting their own, unique ultimate and mega. ALSO Iori and Miyako still doing jogress with Takeru and Hikari, and we get Silphymon and Shakkoumon evolution too. It's the only chance we can get

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What...?

No... Way.

Wut

Speechless.

Vmon and Wormmon are alive. They better explain about that Imperialdramon infected. AND Maki's fate.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with better looks at the art.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it me or does Davis look exactly like Izzy?

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which character was played by the first American?

With many characters, it could be quite the cluster fuck. May as well throw in Meiko too lol

Now for everyone to wonder what they do for megas. Will Toei stick to Imperialdramon, GranKuwagamon, and Valkrimon? will they go new? will they jogress, since TK and Kari don't really need to? now for the fandom wars to begin again!

Only for Alphamon to kidnap them in the first ten mins again.

but I think the best way would be for 01 to fight Diaboromon, 02 Daemon, and then I guess they combine together to defeat both after they fuse into evilsatanmon

In terms of design, I think Davis looks too much like Mikey... and Ken honestly doesn't really look like himself to me.
GranKuwagamon? It has no correlation with Shakkoumon whatsoever?

Since expecting new evolutions/stage is probably asking too much for a film entry time/length-wise, I just want a decent battle showcase of the 6 Ultimates debuted in Tri.
It is a bit of a cheat and a half experience, but I would not mind the 02 four already reaching new evolutions during the time-skip or something, so they can already evolve to Perfect/Ultimate or something. Otherwise, I'm not sure how they will be able to handle the 6 Ultimates + 2 new Ultimates that depends on Jogress at the same time.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GranKuwagamon? It has no correlation with Shakkoumon whatsoever?
DinoBeemon>GranKuwagamon is Wormmon's parallel with V-mon's Paildramon>Imperialdramon DM. Though there's really no reason to use GranKuwagamon at all in the film because Imperialdramon already serves the same purpose.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will Toei stick to Imperialdramon, GranKuwagamon, and Valkrimon? will they go new? will they jogress, since TK and Kari don't really need to? now for the fandom wars to begin again!
Headcanon time:
Since Yukio's sacrifice and digital world's restoration (and since the holy ring returned to Tailmon) they eventually managed to evolve to their previously jogressed forms on their own:
V-mon - XV-mon - Paildramon - Imperialdramon DM - Imperialdramon FM
Wormon - Stingmon - Dinobeemon - GranKuwagamon - GrandisKuwagamon
Hawkmon - Aquilamon - Sylphimon - Valkrimon
Armadillomon - Ankylomon - Shakkoumon (blah, retcon it away*) - ClavisAngemon if they want a direct evolution of Shakkoumon or Olegmon if they want a more natural conclusion for Armadillomon - Ankylomon ignoring Shakkoumon.

Didn't check to see if I spelled these correctly, apologies in advance!

Why the jogressed forms? Because they are forms they had already been in before. Also because IF these kids get to be part of any actual action, I hope they won't just stay at Adult/Champion level and I doubt they'd create entirely new evolution lines for them either.
Alternately, they could just be seen going straight to Mega, of course!

*: Like I said in another thread, they can always use this as Armadillomon's Ultimate if they realize what a mistake Shakkoumon was as an Ankylomon+Angemon jogress are feeling... creative!

But back to the main topic, I am sitting here laughing by myself with the fact that we actually see them this time around. I can't believe it!
Last time it was like they had swept an elephant under the rug and pretended no one noticed, so I'm kind of in a shock after this update!

Last edited:

frankiemon827

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
now we have 02 kids and I'm interested to see if they gonna tell us what happened to them during tri....and hopefully Last Evolution fills in all the stuff left behind in tri...

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow they actually made one wish from fans already come true - kudos to creators of this film They look amazing all 4 of them, Miyako the best IMO

Now probably this indicates several enemies not just one, or at least not in most of the film, it all depends on the length of the film so waiting for now

I also hope it's Demon, maybe his Super Ultimate form, and just hope we get to know some answers about the origin of darkness/evil in the Adventure universe

DudeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This gets my hopes up!
I hope all of them getting their own, unique ultimate and mega. ALSO Iori and Miyako still doing jogress with Takeru and Hikari, and we get Silphymon and Shakkoumon evolution too. It's the only chance we can get
Nah,

I Prefer the Jogress follow D-3 Digivice Toy

Vee + Agu
Pata + Gabu
Hawk + Piyo
Worm + Tento
Armadi+ Goma
Tail + Pal

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and just like that Last Evolution has regained a fair amount of the trust that Tri smashed. Now if only they don't ignore Meiko/Meicoomon and try to fix them...
Yes. Those two and poor Himekawa as well.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this is an anime film, I'm not falling for "FEATURING THIS PERSON!" to then have them speak a single line and appear in merely one shot.
I actually expect this to be the case for even the original 01 cast, beyond Matt and Izzy. The fact Joe is in medical clothes implies he may just be seeing everything happening on TV throughout the film, not unlike how the kids were caught up in life during Our War Game.

Aside: Wonder if it's just going to do its own thing and pretend Tri never happened, either. It was announced not long after (or even before?) Tri wrapped up, and Mei's still absent. The same one who was built up as part of the gang and even Tai's love interest.
The entire existence of Kizuna is just weird in general. Something had to of been going wrong with Tri, behind the scenes, on several fronts.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this is an anime film, I'm not falling for "FEATURING THIS PERSON!" to then have them speak a single line and appear in merely one shot.
I actually expect this to be the case for even the original 01 cast, beyond Matt and Izzy. The fact Joe is in medical clothes implies he may just be seeing everything happening on TV throughout the film, not unlike how the kids were caught up in life during Our War Game.
Yeah. I feel pretty similar about this situation.

I really doubt 02 cast will have a big role in the fights of this film. It's possible they aren't even involved in the fights.

Even 01 cast will likely have little screentime. Taichi seems to be the big focus in this film.