02 Character Profiles for Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna, Plus Digimon Actors Return

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Already an update for this!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

With DigiFes over, we have a few more details regarding the 02 kids and Digimon for Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna.

First up, a bit of an overall introduction to the them appearing in Kizuna:
Since the end of the TV series, this movie is the first where the 02 characters had new designs. In the images, they've grown into more adult figures, while still showing the memories of who they were. It's felt each charater is going to the future shown in the final story of 02, such as Daisuke, who is engaged in ramen shop training.

A scene featuring the 02 kids was shown at DigiFes, but overall descriptions of the scene have been minimal minus that it was there.

We have short profiles for all 8 characters. Update- Update- All the profiles have been swapped with translations by onkei.

Daisuke Motomiya
First year university student attending a vocational school. He is studying everyday to get a cook's license. He's decided on training to become a ramen shop owner, and uses digital gates to fly around to different parts of the world to eat and research their noodles.

V-mon
Child level, Free attribute, Small Dragon
Daisuke's Digimon partner. A small dragon-shaped Digimon who walks on two legs. He's mischievous and a bit haughty, but at his core, he is very kind and extremely amenable to those who express duty and humanity. His special attack uses his head to headbutt, V-mon Head.

Ken Ichijouji
First year university student studying psychology. His sense of justice is stronger than the average person, and actively participates in the usual Digimon activities. He often goes with Daisuke on his ramen trips.
Wormmon
Child level, Free attribute, Larva
Ken's Digimon partner. He's a bug Digimon who looks like a caterpillar. While he is both kind and caring, he is also quite innocent. His special move is Nebaneba Net.

Miyako Inoue
A second year studying programming in an engineering university. Currently doing a study abroad in Spain. She's admin of the Chosen Children community, and actively communicates in it. Her aim is to be a mature woman.
Hawkmon
Child level, Free attribute, Bird
Miyako's Digimon partner. A bird-shaped Digimon that looks like an eagle. Polite with a calm deposition. Although his intention is to be the cool-headed handsome role, he's often pushed around by Miyako's whims. His special move is throwing a feather that rotates at high speed, Feather Slash.

Iori Hida
The only high school student among the members, in his second year. He wants to be a lawyer and studies hard to go to law school. He continues kendo as a school club activity, and pushes along on the path that he thinks is right. He's grown taller and looking more like an adult.
Armadimon
Child level, Free attribute, Mammal
Iori's Digimon partner. He's a mammal-type Digimon with a shell. Optimistic and as strong as he looks. Speaks in a unique Nagoya dialect. His special move is Rolling Stone, where he folds his arms and legs inside his shell to give a body blow.

And last up, we also now know the cast for the 02 Digimon partners in the film:

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Junko Noda as V-mon
Naozumi Takahashi as Wormmon
Kouichi Toochika as Hawkmon
Megumi Urawa as Armadimon

So all 4 02 Digimon return with their original voice actors!

Some good information from the profiles, and it's great to see the original actors for the Digimon coming back. Has to be a touch odd for Megumi Urawa, since she was 'both' Iori and Armadimon in 02.

Previous information regarding the 02 characters in Kizuna can be found here.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, "Currently studying in Spain". I guess she might not be involved with everyone else in the movie, or like... she gets teleported lol. Suppose we'll see what happens.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, "Currently studying in Spain". I guess she might not be involved with everyone else in the movie, or like... she gets teleported lol. Suppose we'll see what happens.
Considering the first character profile already talks about using digital gates to travel around, it would seem to be a non issue.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They showed a scene from Kizuna with all the 02 characters getting together at DigiFes. Marc may have a point with the use of digital gates.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting stuff. I get the feeling Miyako has changed a LOT - which is normal, just a lot compared to most of the other Chosen.

Note that she's also the only one out of the 4 to not have her field of study revealed.

Also, Daisuke and Ken going together on trips to eat ramen is hilarious and precious.

Last edited:

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leave it to Daisuke to abuse Digital Gate like that, lol.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daisuke:
- Studies at a "Technical University"
- In order to be a cook
- And first of all wants to teach cooking Ramen
- And uses digital gates to "research and eat Ramen"

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like that Ken is studying Psychology. It actually weaves well with his backstory on top of things. I wonder what kind of technical subject Miyako is studying. Was it Iori or Ken who was the policeman in the epilogue? Was it Ken as a police and Iori as a lawyer?

Zeta

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like that Ken is studying Psychology. It actually weaves well with his backstory on top of things. I wonder what kind of technical subject Miyako is studying. Was it Iori or Ken who was the policeman in the epilogue? Was it Ken as a police and Iori as a lawyer?
Ken is the one ending up as detective. But him studying Psychology makes me think he's going to be something like a criminal profiler instead of just a "normal police detective"?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. Obvious Davis X Ken joke much like the Tai X Matt jokes from the first few movies and Miyako in Spain? Interesting. Th Digital Gate thing seems really smart for Davis though. The dub did him wrong.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. Obvious Davis X Ken joke much like the Tai X Matt jokes from the first few movies and Miyako in Spain? Interesting. Th Digital Gate thing seems really smart for Davis though. The dub did him wrong.
To be fair, Daisuke seems to be book dumb even in the original. However, Daisuke is still pretty creative (this should happen with Davis in the English dub too).

Daisuke/Davis using Digital Gates to eat different types of food fits totally his character.

Last edited:

Noctus Noir

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Davis and Ken sounds like a fun mini side manga series I'd totally but even untranslated.
Also Cody barely looks and different aside from being stretched and it's adorable in the way.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They showed a scene from Kizuna with all the 02 characters getting together at DigiFes. Marc may have a point with the use of digital gates.
May I ask where you got this from? I've been looking around the forums and social media but I haven't really seen anyone talking about a sneak preview with the 02 kids in it :eek:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
May I ask where you got this from? I've been looking around the forums and social media but I haven't really seen anyone talking about a sneak preview with the 02 kids in it :eek:
He was sitting in the room.

Most descriptions of the scene have basically been 'they showed a scene'. Most people seem to be keeping it to themselves.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All the profiles in the news have been swapped with translations by onkei.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He was sitting in the room.

Most descriptions of the scene have basically been 'they showed a scene'. Most people seem to be keeping it to themselves.
I see. Thanks!