PDA

View Full Version : Giratina and the Sky Warrior

Sabrblade
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
The eleventh movie aired a little while back on Cartoon Network. It was pretty good, it had its ups, its downs, good parts, not-so-good parts, and the traditional randomly "added in" scenes with Team Rocket (they literally played no neccessary role in the film, as they were just there because of their "main character" status in the show, and for comedy).

Giratina was a pretty intense pokemon, as a Legendary should be. Though, only Dialga made an actual appearance in the film. Palkia was seen in a flashback to the tenth movie, but he didn't make a physical appearance.

Shaymin was kind of a jerk at times, but he softened up eventually. His voice seems to have been the same person who does Tails in Sonic X.

As for the villain, Zero, one of the better ones to be in Pokemon movie, using advanced technology, instruments of death, and an assault fighter to achieve his goals and do battle towards the end.

As far as Pokemon movie villains go, he's up there with Mewtwo from Movie 1, the Iron Masked Marauder from Movie 4, Giovanni from Mewtwo Returns (not a movie, but he's still a good villain, and that special is really the only time we see him in action), Annie & Oakley from Movie 5, and maybe Phantom the Pirate from Movie 9 (ash going "Super Saiyan"-esque to beat that guy was cool). The rest of the villain could've been better.

And, this movie did something different from the others: it foreshadowed to the next film, as Giratina flew off to look for Dialga.

Overall, I give it a 3.8 out of 5. It was good, but did have some parts that could've been better. Here's hoping Movie 12 will finish off this trilogy with a bang!

But, after having watched the movie and looking back at the title, one question comes to mind: who was this "sky warrior" the title referred to? As none of the characters seemed like a "warrior".

Jegretis
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
i thought it was pretty good. I would give it a 3.9, or maybe even a 4.0 out of 5. I hope the 12th movie will be REALLY good though.

Unknown Neo
02-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I think it was Shaymin. Sky form. Maybe the other title made more sense. But that's why Giratina is my favorite of this trio. It doesn't seem anything like a pokemon. It's more "frightening" then all of the others.
And next movie is the big one. All three plus a big star. Arceus! And one secondary star. Like Regigigas in this one, Heatran is in the next.

Sabrblade
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I didn't understand Regigigas' role in this one. He was like just some statue in a temple/shrine-like cave who came to life just to hold back the glacier with a bunch of Mamoswine (did I spell that right?).

He really had no explanation of what his purpose was, nor did he have a proper introduction to the rest of the cast. Now had he been mentioned at some point earlier in the film then he might've fit better into the movie, but yet he just shows up out of his cave to come try to help save the day (even though it was Giratina who saved the day in the end, so all Regigigas did was buy some time).

Unknown Neo
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah. That's a role more for Heatran. Now if Regigigas showed up next, then it might work. Hey, Cressila only gets an episode. It seems a little more important then Heatran but not as important as Gigas.
So who knows why.