PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Story

jpwong
09-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Well, discuss here if there's anything left to discuss I suppose...

ChiBKey
09-10-2006, 02:10 AM
We knew Story would come to US eventually, but anybody like written rumors (http://ds-x2.com/index.php?id=5688). *shrugs*

jpwong
09-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Well, as mentioned on the old forums, Nintendo did briefly list "Digimon" for nintendo DS, though the game appears to have been removed recently (which could mean anything). Nintendo Power supposedly confimed a 2006 release in english though.

SeiferA
09-11-2006, 01:13 AM
... still listed on Gamestop's POS for a November 11th release... :P

ShiNocturne
09-11-2006, 04:24 AM
*sighs* Makes me wish I had a DS..or something =\

Vande
09-11-2006, 04:31 AM
I have the game yet didn't really like it or get into it....i stopped after about an hour....i will get an English version (if we do get it). I think it was cause it was in Japanese (first jap game i ever got) that put me off....but hey i got one that's all that matters

digiboy123
09-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Oh, that reminds me: Did you ever get that RizeGreymon insert card, Vande?

Heh. Whenever it comes out, I'll be happy. -Sees that gamefaqs.com has it down for Oct 1st.. oO;;- http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/933925.html

Yeah, SeiferA is right. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=180235

Vande
09-11-2006, 05:22 AM
nope i didn't get the card ~_~

Yuuki
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I'll only get Digimon Story if they add a Battle Wi-Fi option. Honestly, that was the stupidiest thing they did, not having that in there. Then again, Namco Bandai US has been known to alter anime games for the US...mostly in a good way (an exclusive One Piece Grand Battle sequel, adding Kyuubi Naruto and Curse Seal Sasuke to Narutimate Hero etc). I can hope that they'll do the right thing. ^^

....*sigh* Why did Turuiemon have to be gipped? =(

jpwong
09-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, we can hope I suppose, though if it really is comming out in Oct/Nov, it's probably just a strait port over with just language translation. I don't know how hard it is to add wifibattle, but I would suspect it might take a little longer with more testing to actually add that in.

gerjomarty
09-12-2006, 11:08 AM
A question for those who bought Digimon Story - is it actually a good game? I'm thinking of buying a DS for this and the new Pokemon games, and I want to know if it's worth it. Is it what you expected? Do you get much use out of it?

Airdra
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Have you ever played the Dragon Quest/Warrior Monsters games for the Game Boy Color? I found it to be kind of similar to those. That's a good thing--I loved those games to pieces. ^^;; I personally think Digimon Story's the best of the Digimon games out there (well, there's still Digimon Ver. Wonderswan...). I'm still playing mine pretty regularly and I have 43 hours of playtime.

I just wish there were Wi-Fi battles. >.<;;

jpwong
09-12-2006, 12:31 PM
It&#39;s enjoyable, but in japanese, you do loose out on some of the more subtle things. If it comes out in english, I&#39;ll pick it up. I would enjoy it more if they delayed the release and added WiFi Battle.

SeiferA
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, basically, as long as you&#39;re not worried about multiplayer battles and just want to have a good, fun digimon rpg game, then this is the one you want.

Stunt
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Someone should contact GameFaqs asking were they got that information.

Tsum
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Well, if you&#39;re wondering about release dates and such, most of that is submitted by users, so.....

Stunt
09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh, well I hope the user who submitted it is correct.

jpwong
09-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Oh, well I hope the user who submitted it is correct.

Might be, might not be. Nintendo just says 2006 with no physical date in their Nintendo Power apparently.

Jadoi
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
You guys (and gals) might already know this but i think the game play stinks... I&#39;m not trying to put it down or anything but if anyone here has played Final Fantasy Legends, on how the fighting is... that you see the person you fight but not the person that&#39;s doing the fighting.

But the game itself is cool and all... the trailer preview can be seen on YouTube.com
and it looked like a little like DW3 on some parts.

*kills marquee + font colour as it couldn&#39;t be read properly* ~Vande

G4bumon
09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
hey I got a Q for the game, I wanna get a chaos Dukemon, I know you have to befriend another chaos dukeon, but I don&#39;t know how to do that, I found another farm that has one on it what do I do now?

jpwong
09-27-2006, 06:36 AM
You get Chaos Dukemon from egg matching,

No.42 Chaos Egg (KAOSU EGGU)
-Black War Greymon+Black Saint Galgomon
-incubation needs to grow over 9999 Darkness EXP
--Chaos Dukemon (100%)

G4bumon
10-02-2006, 07:13 PM
hy, I got another q, heh heh, I forgot what was the attack of bolth metalgarurumon and wargreymon have to be to get a omegamon? Also is there anything else that I need?

reddmann
10-03-2006, 04:20 PM
heres a question.... before and during digimon story&#39;s release in japan they had the follwing website:

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_digimon/

so does digimon world ds have a similar site up that anyone has found or knows of?? 8)

reddmann
10-11-2006, 11:16 PM
oh snap!!

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/digimonworld/media.html?sid=6159692&amp;autoplay=6159692

jpwong
10-11-2006, 11:29 PM
hy, I got another q, heh heh, I forgot what was the attack of bolth metalgarurumon and wargreymon have to be to get a omegamon? Also is there anything else that I need?

I believe the number is 500 for each of them.

Takato-mon
10-29-2006, 02:38 PM
I hate that they messed up the evolutions.Does anyone have a good reason why they did it?And do you think they will mess up the evolutions on the Wii game?

jpwong
10-29-2006, 03:11 PM
There are already 2 seperate topics on Digimon Story (Digimon World DS). Did you really feel the need to make a third one?

As for messing up the evos, are they actually messed up? No one expects a game will follow "in show" evolutions, but are they really that different from the evolution lines that you can do in the Digimon TCG?

BTW, I&#39;m merging this to one of the existing topics

SakuyamonX
10-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Not so much as they are messed up, just some are a bit weird (Gotsumon -> Airdramon), they could of made better choices for some imo, but other then that I like how the evolution lines are set up =)

Rax-Blackcat
10-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Not so much as they are messed up, just some are a bit weird (Gotsumon -> Airdramon), they could of made better choices for some imo, but other then that I like how the evolution lines are set up =)

Digimon was originally conceived as a V-pet training thing where your Digimon would evolve according to status, care mistakes and so on. It would really take the fun out of Digimon if you could only evolve to the evolutions showed in anime and manga. Or do you mean there is no way to get the “official” evolutions?.

SakuyamonX
10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
...That&#39;s not the point...

My point was, some just don&#39;t sound good on paper. A bear made out of rocks into a Dragon Digimon. It would of been overlooked if the evolutions weren&#39;t linear, but they are (except for baby forms).

MugenSeiRyuu
10-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Not only Baby Forms.

SakuyamonX
10-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Child and up, at most have 2 branches (and you can&#39;t switch between those branches). Meaning if you evolve Agumon into Geo Greymon, then I don&#39;t think you can evolve Geo Greymon into Metal Greymon.

MugenSeiRyuu
10-29-2006, 03:52 PM
I know. But you can evolve Grey to Metal or Skull.

I think Agumon is actually the one with most evolution forms in that game.

Airdra
10-30-2006, 05:11 PM
The Gotsumon > Airdramon greatly disturbs me for no other reason than that I just really don&#39;t care for Gotsumon at the moment. XD (Blame Savers Gotsumon, heh. Probably would&#39;ve been fine with it had it occured at some other time.) I&#39;m fine with the other bizzare evolutions in the game, though. V-pet evos make me feel at home. X3

tmcheetor82
11-06-2006, 09:45 AM
I wanted to stay in topic so I thought I&#39;d ask here. Do you guys think America will release a Players Guide for Digimon world DS. I hope so. I&#39;m a bit of a guide collector. And I would LOVE one for this game.

Unknown Neo
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I hope someone will. I&#39;d need it. I want a digimon and I will get that digimon. A guide would just make it easier because I don&#39;t have to find one on the net. Plus, pictures.

AlforceVeedramon
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
In the final day (and several hours) leading up to its release, who will everybody be choosing as their starters? At first, I was planning on making it Tsunomon, since you can&#39;t get any of his forms until late in the game. But now, I just feel it&#39;d be appropriate to choose Koromon.

Toraneko
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
o.o It is too! Wow, I hadn&#39;t realised.

Terriermon Fan
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM
In the final day (and several hours) leading up to its release, who will everybody be choosing as their starters? At first, I was planning on making it Tsunomon, since you can&#39;t get any of his forms until late in the game. But now, I just feel it&#39;d be appropriate to choose Koromon.

Tanemon... that way I get can get Raramon. (I hope)

tmcheetor82
11-06-2006, 10:24 PM

Oh man that&#39;s a tuffy....Umm...I really wish they had some Frontier evo&#39;s but I guess going but what&#39;s available I&#39;d have to choose.... Tsunomon Basically cause I love Gaomon he&#39;s my dude. ^_^ That and as AlforceVeedramon said. Get&#39;em NOW or wait forever and get him later. And well I&#39;m not the most pacitant man. hehe :P

reddmann
11-07-2006, 12:12 AM
hands down tsunomon...... gabumon/garurumon evos are my favourite digimon of all time.... so there&#39;s no question about it...... 8)

Toraneko
11-07-2006, 12:43 AM
What&#39;s the options for starters anyway? Is it like Pokemon, where you have to choose best one out of three? lol.

AlforceVeedramon
11-07-2006, 05:00 AM
you get a choice of Koromon, Tanemon, and Tsunomon. Koromon is the well-rounded one, Tsunomon has high attack, Tanemon has high magic powers or something :P. But unlike Pokemon, you&#39;re capable of getting the two starters you didn&#39;t pick later in the game. That&#39;s why it&#39;d be smart to pick Tsunomon, because you can&#39;t get him until way later in the game (I think during the Demon Lord quest).

By the way, does anybody with the Japanese version know how far into the game you can get one of Koromon&#39;s evolutions? I know Tanemon comes pretty early. (also, I don&#39;t want to do DotAgumon, because his level would overshadow the rest of my team)

MugenSeiRyuu
11-07-2006, 06:10 AM
I think you can get him when fighting BWG near the End of the Game.

Personally I would chose Tanemon, but I guess I´ll chose Tsunonmon, since it´s hard to get him later and Darkdramon is cool ( Who the hcek dediced to make him part of Tunamon Evolutions ? ). Ofcourse I´ll get the other two aswell.

SakuyamonX
11-07-2006, 08:05 AM
I&#39;m picking Tanemon, since she can evolve into Renamon, and Lalamon. Who are my two favorite Digimon ^_^

Airdra
11-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I picked Tsunomon when I imported the Japanese, and if I do decide to pick up the US release (and I probably will), I&#39;ll be starting with him again. Takes just too long to get him otherwise. You can obtain Digimon that devolve to Tanemon pretty early on, and you can get Koromon through devolving a DotAgumon (which you can get through a code in the Japanese, no clue about the US version) which is also easily obtainable.

Anubimon
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I&#39;m choosing Tanemon, because Raramon is badass. My plans for a team currently are Raramon, Renamon, and Kudamon.
I can&#39;t wait to get the game. Hopefully it&#39;s as fun as people have been saying.

MugenSeiRyuu
11-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I picked Tsunomon when I imported the Japanese, and if I do decide to pick up the US release (and I probably will), I&#39;ll be starting with him again. Takes just too long to get him otherwise. You can obtain Digimon that devolve to Tanemon pretty early on, and you can get Koromon through devolving a DotAgumon (which you can get through a code in the Japanese, no clue about the US version) which is also easily obtainable.

That´s exactly the reason why I choose him and not Tanemon. So the badass Ladies have to wait a bit for me. Just for the sake of a complete collection.

reddmann
11-07-2006, 02:07 PM
so ther release date was for today ;D..... go to my local game shop.... they tell me it SHIPS on the 7th :&#39;( gotta wait till tomorrow or maybe even thursday! >:( ..... its ok, itll be worth it!! 8)

Terriermon Fan
11-07-2006, 03:16 PM
so ther release date was for today ;D..... go to my local game shop.... they tell me it SHIPS on the 7th :&#39;( gotta wait till tomorrow or maybe even thursday! >:( ..... its ok, itll be worth it!! 8)

Drat. Just like Kingdom Hearts II.

Oh well. Anyway, my future will have Raramon, Terriermon, and Patamon. That might change though, once I have the game.

Unknown Neo
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Two questions. Rosemon Yes or No? If not then what does lillymon and lilamon evo to?

Terriermon Fan
11-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Two questions. Rosemon Yes or No? If not then what does lillymon and lilamon evo to?

Rosemon yes. She is in the game. Porblem is if you want her you can only get her by making Lilymon evolve. Lilamon can&#39;t evolve into her. I&#39;m not sure if there are other Digimon that can evolve into Rosemon other than Lillymon though.

Master-Element
11-07-2006, 06:41 PM
All Rize Greymon , Mach Gaogamon, and Lilamon are dead end evolutions

Toraneko
11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Well I guess they didn&#39;t want to to put in the new Ultimates yet.

I think I&#39;ll go with Tsunomon. Wolf-type Digimon FTW!

AlforceVeedramon
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
got my copy today, decided to choose Tsunomon. Now preparing to actually play it.

Master-Element
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
getting mine in two hours, Btw I suggest you start with tsunomon, since you wont find any thing from his line until near the end of the game as a lv 60 Darkdramon, and since you find the other two in several worlds, by six i think and there short.

Takato-mon
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
I&#39;m not sure who to start with.I will just pick whoever I think is the coolest.And I like your v-pet Digi-Brigade.

WarOmnimon
11-08-2006, 03:21 PM
This may make you all change your starting partner plans, but I have to break it to you seen as how I just got the game.

The DotAgumon and DotFalcomon codes in Digimon Story will not work with Digimon World DS. I tried them, they do not work.

MugenSeiRyuu
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
And someone already have a Svars Digimon ? Any name changes ?

Airdra
11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
The DotAgumon and DotFalcomon codes in Digimon Story will not work with Digimon World DS. I tried them, they do not work.

Awww, poopie. T_T I&#39;m still getting Tsunomon when I get it. >_>;

Anyone know yet if it&#39;s compatible with the Japanese one?

FET-Kun
11-08-2006, 04:12 PM
I need to know if we can trade Digimon between World DS and Story. I&#39;ll end up buying the english version eventually, but I&#39;d be me prompted to get it if I knew I could keep my Digimon from Story.

I&#39;ve lvl&#39;d my team like crazy, sooooo many hours of work. Oh, and is it confirmed battles are only local wi-fi and not internet?

AlforceVeedramon
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
This may make you all change your starting partner plans, but I have to break it to you seen as how I just got the game.

*cries*

Why would they do something stupid like remove the codes?

Wait, is the password thing still there? Maybe they just changed the passwords. And there has to be a way to get the Dot Digimon, since they both appear in the instruction booklet.

Unknown Neo
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Rosemon yes. She is in the game. Porblem is if you want her you can only get her by making Lilymon evolve. Lilamon can&#39;t evolve into her. I&#39;m not sure if there are other Digimon that can evolve into Rosemon other than Lillymon though.

Close enough. And I could figure they&#39;d do that. Just change them with different codes.

AlforceVeedramon
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM
according to someone at GameFAQs, the JPN passes were the airdates of Savers backwards, Adventure backwards, and the release of teh original V-Pet backwards. Now, since Savers has yet to air in the US, DotFalcomon can&#39;t be determined (I imagine he and Savers are the same, right?), but does anybody know the US release date for Adventure?

Master-Element
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I just got digimon World da and Gaomon&#39;s name is unchanged

Toraneko
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Local wi-fi?! D:

Terriermon Fan
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Okay I havent played the game yet.

But judging by the manual. Touma&#39;s name is unchanged and they used the orginal art from japans Digimon Story on the back of USA&#39;s box.

I can&#39;t play it right now because I have to study, so what a useless post this was.

Devkyu
11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I rented it from work, and thus far I&#39;m a bit disgusted. Digimon levels are now "generations". On the back of the box it says "BECOME THE TRUE DIGIMON MASTER!" ...yeah, thrilling.

I&#39;m really thinking of importing instead. I know enough japanese to get me by.

reddmann
11-08-2006, 07:32 PM
ive been playing for about 2 hours now.... most of that is during work.... in fact im still at work ::) .... im having loadds of fun with this game... i picked tsunomon &#39;cuz gabumon is my favourite digmon ;D ...... one thing i dont like is you HAVE to nick name yer digimon and it only gives you 7 or 8 digits.... so you cant always just re write what their species is :( i was never big on nicknaming my mons (may be pokemon or digimon)..... other than that... its F**CKING explosive!!!!

current line up (pretty weak right now)
-gabumon -going for garurumon
-gomamon -going for ikkakumon
-patamon - going devolve to get falcomon

im gonna go play some more 8)

AlforceVeedramon
11-08-2006, 07:40 PM
yeah, I&#39;m not too thrilled on nicknaming either, but at least it lets you renickname them each time they evolve or degenerate

Master-Element
11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Sorry alforce Veedramon your theory of doing the adventure airdate backwards didnt hold water

jpwong
11-08-2006, 07:55 PM
but does anybody know the US release date for Adventure?

8/14/1999 though it probably won&#39;t work.

Master-Element
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Ya it doesnt, that sucks

AlforceVeedramon
11-08-2006, 08:56 PM
well, I just checked my Tokomon, and sure enough, DotFalcomon appeared in the evolution line, with the requirement "Must befriend a DotFalcomon", just like the JPN version. So it has to be obtainable somehow.

MugenSeiRyuu
11-08-2006, 11:58 PM
If he is obtainable.

"BECOME THE TRUE DIGIMON MASTER!"

Makes me wonder if Atari Germany ( Distributes Digimon Games in Germany ) made the Box. ( BTW: Atari hates Germany )

Toraneko
11-09-2006, 12:46 AM
DIGIMON MEZASE! XD

...sorry, that was coming. *flee*

AlforceVeedramon
11-09-2006, 04:30 AM
If he is obtainable.

well, he almost has to be, since he and DotAgumon both appear in the manual (DotAgumon even appears twice; plus, he&#39;s on the game&#39;s title bar on the DS main screen)

edit: Well, I just took on Tokomon&#39;s second favor quest, return Masaru&#39;s Digivice, and sure enough, Agumon called him "Boss", so that may be the fate of &#39;Aniki&#39; in the dub.

jpwong
11-09-2006, 06:39 AM
So does anyone know if the game is compatible with the JPN version of the game? Ie, can you Egg match, trade and battle with a japanese version of the game if you use the english edition?

If this were a nintendo in house product, you could probably only get the dot forms from the nintendo tours, but they&#39;ll probably release codes in Nintendo Power or something (unless someone wants to brute force it and try all possible number combinations)

Takato-mon
11-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Well I wish they put Dotagumon and Dotfalcomon in it.I never saw what they look like.And I&#39;m getting my copy on my birthday which is Nov.14.And I&#39;m confused.So you can&#39;t battle and trade from all around the world?

jpwong
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Well I wish they put Dotagumon and Dotfalcomon in it.I never saw what they look like.And I&#39;m getting my copy on my birthday which is Nov.14.And I&#39;m confused.So you can&#39;t battle and trade from all around the world?

You can Egg match over the WFC, but everything else is local wireless only.

Takato-mon
11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh.Now I have to conveince my cousin(who lives with me as of now)to get a DS and to get that game,if I want to battle and trade.I hope the the one for Wii is online.

Master-Element
11-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Actualy I read the manual and it says wireless and wifi but It didnt say that you can do trade battle locally, and lets face it , it would be smarter to make those wifi cause few people that buy the game will be able to do stuff face to face and would cause alot of disatisfation , japan digimon is popular so it doesnt matter there but it does here

Airdra
11-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Has anyone actually tried connecting with Wi-Fi yet? I&#39;m wondering how many people there are out there waiting to breed. XD I&#39;m thinking of trying to connect my Japanese one to see if I can catch some US players.

Unknown Neo
11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
edit: Well, I just took on Tokomon&#39;s second favor quest, return Masaru&#39;s Digivice, and sure enough, Agumon called him "Boss", so that may be the fate of &#39;Aniki&#39; in the dub.

I always thought that&#39;s how they&#39;d do it. That&#39;s also how I translate it sometimes. He&#39;s not like a brother.

Raptorscribe
11-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Can anyone say anything about potential dub names?

Terriermon Fan
11-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Can anyone say anything about potential dub names?

Well I can say that Agumon, Raramon, Gaomon, Kudamon, Kamemon, and Touma have the same name.

Mercurimon
11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I thought Raramon would become Lalamon.

Anubimon
11-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Masaru and Yoshino also kept their names.
*Grumbles and keeps trying to kill SkullGreymon*

Master-Element
11-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Yoshino is the same too, anyway Im a bronze tamer I have connected once to wifi, but I still cant find out how to get my wifi code, can some one till me how? Oh and ill be waiting on the irc.blitzed.org digiport chat room ( since I cant find the WTW one) , come on there if you want to connect, and match

jpwong
11-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Yoshino is the same too, anyway Im a bronze tamer I have connected once to wifi, but I still cant find out how to get my wifi code, can some one till me how? Oh and ill be waiting on the irc.blitzed.org digiport chat room ( since I cant find the WTW one) , come on there if you want to connect, and match

You get the Wifi code from the loading screen under the WiFi option.

Master-Element
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Could you be a little more specific please jp

jpwong
11-09-2006, 10:45 PM
How more specific do you want? There&#39;s only 3 menu options which IIRC are "Continue game", "WiFi Options", and "Start New Game" if it&#39;s anything like the japanese edition. Inside the WiFi, there&#39;s probably one that says "Friend Code" or something similar.

Master-Element
11-09-2006, 11:03 PM
thanks its a little differntly organized in english

FET-Kun
11-10-2006, 10:14 AM
I really wish someone knew if the JPN and USA ones are compatible with trading. XD I&#39;d love an english version, but I&#39;ve got a billion hours of work on my Digimon already to want to bother lvling the same Digimon back up.

Meh...maybe I&#39;ll go buy it myself and find out. @_@

Anubimon
11-10-2006, 12:30 PM
So, does anyone know it&#39;s possible to get an Agumon in the game besides picking Koromon as the starter? Was devolving DotAgumon the only other way to get it before?
Also, if someone knows the correct path through this retarded swamp, that&#39;d be nice. =D

Airdra
11-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Previously, if you didn&#39;t devolve the DotAgumon you&#39;d have to wait until Chronomon&#39;s area, which has wild BlackWarGreymon running around.

The swamp...good luck with that. >_<

Anubimon
11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I FINALLY found my way around. That was not fun. XD
Just got Kyubimon, so I&#39;ll try and use that in battle... I feel like I&#39;m underlevelled though, bosses are pretty hard.

Raptorscribe
11-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Has anyone gotten any of the new digimon besides the 3 Savers digimon?

Terriermon Fan
11-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Uh, just a few quick question.

I wanted to obtain Kamemon and it said Poyomon needs to be at level 22, but Poyomon can&#39;t get any higher. He can only obtain level 10. What should I do?

Another question, I want to get Falcomon, but I don&#39;t know what the "fnd" stands for

Also, can you find Orgemon later on? Besides the first battle you fought with him early in the game.

Ten no Sasuke
11-10-2006, 02:53 PM
For the kamemon question just evolve down one of the other paths then when you devolve it will be able to lvl higher than it previously could. The game requires alot of evolving and devolving and lvling to get certain digimon.

Terriermon Fan
11-10-2006, 03:02 PM
For the kamemon question just evolve down one of the other paths then when you devolve it will be able to lvl higher than it previously could. The game requires alot of evolving and devolving and lvling to get certain digimon.
Yipe! Sounds like I have to do alot. (Or maybe not)

Anyway, thanks for the adivice.

Master-Element
11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
ANd lving them up and evolving them raises there overal stats, and there lv cap, so you can have a lv thirty baby clash with a lower lv adult and hold your ground, and the higher lv and evo stage your digimon is when you devolve it the higher the lv cap will raise. you cant only devolve when you become a silver tamer

Takato-mon
11-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Ah you guys make me want to play it so bad.I can&#39;t wait till my birthday on Nov.14.I want to play it now.And I&#39;m still confused with what you can do with Wi-Fi.And can&#39;t you breed your own digimon.

Airdra
11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Another question, I want to get Falcomon, but I don&#39;t know what the "fnd" stands for

Also, can you find Orgemon later on? Besides the first battle you fought with him early in the game.

I&#39;m guessing "fnd" stands for Friendship; it goes with the Japanese requirements, anyway. ^^;; (60% Friendship)

And you can get Ogremon later on; I remember seeing him wild somewhere, just not where. (And you can always evolve/devolve something.)

Master-Element
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
You can find him in the data forest where you fight him
any way ill be waiting in the Digiport channel @ http://blitzed.org/ for any one who wants to match
My friend code is in the friend code thread

Takato-mon
11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
I&#39;ll be happy to.WHEN I GET MY GAME.This wait is killing me.I will try to be more patient but,oh yeah its only next tuesday.I can&#39;t wait for my birthday.

Anubimon
11-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Finally hitting my groove in the game and actually not sucking so much. I am now obsessively levelling Tokomon and obsessively scanning Growlmon. =D Lilamon, Zudomon, and HolyAngemon are my current team. Training Dorugamon and Tokomon who devolved from Falcomon.
I really am enjoying this, although it can be a bit tedious.

Kazin Kagari
11-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I need to work on leveling. I just can&#39;t stand the grind too much, and it hurt both my income and my power level. In too much of a rush to get to more story XD

Right now, my team is Garurumon, Roachmon, Hookmon, Angemon, Ikakkumon, and Peckmon, plus I have 3 farms that I&#39;m supporting right now :p

Trying to level up my Dorumon and Guilmon seems hard -- I can probably work on Guilmon with Renamon at Sheer Canyon, but there&#39;s no good place to get beast xp right now. Just opened up Packet Swamp, so I&#39;ll try there. I really wanna get all the way up to Dorugoramon, and get Guilmon to Dukemon and Angemon to Seraphimon, but it&#39;s gonna take time...

I&#39;m still a bit confused on how the Digimon WiFi works for training and such. I&#39;ve worked a little with the Digimon Match and got a crapload of eggs -- that I can&#39;t hatch with the current stuffs I have at my farms XD

Toraneko
11-10-2006, 10:04 PM
So, just to clarify. Breeding is avaliable on international Wi-Fi, but battling is only local Wi-Fi?

Crap, I really need to get a DS Lite.

jpwong
11-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Reports indicate that the Japanese edition is not compatible in any way with the US edition. So if you own Digimon Story, and your friend has Digimon World DS, you will not be able to WiFi or battle or anything with them.

If anyone&#39;s tested anything other than WFC though to confirm, that&#39;d be great.

Takato-mon
11-10-2006, 10:40 PM
You Guys make me want to play so bad.I can&#39;t help it!! >:(

Anubimon
11-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, if anyone with a Japanese copy wants to try and egg match with me and see if it works or not, I&#39;ll be glad to try. Just PM me or post here or something.

jpwong
11-11-2006, 05:30 AM
Well, if anyone with a Japanese copy wants to try and egg match with me and see if it works or not, I&#39;ll be glad to try. Just PM me or post here or something.

Egg matching has already been attempted and confirmed not to work. However, local play has not been tested (though since egg matching didn&#39;t work, I doubt local will work either).

Airdra
11-11-2006, 07:37 AM
T_T That would be why I couldn&#39;t find anyone when I tried searching for people to breed with. >.<;

How hard is it to find someone randomly over WiFi, anyway?

Ten no Sasuke
11-11-2006, 07:41 AM
T_T That would be why I couldn&#39;t find anyone when I tried searching for people to breed with. >.<;

How hard is it to find someone randomly over WiFi, anyway?

Matching screen only has 1 option this time... "Match With Friend" in other words you can add up to 15 friend codes and well you can only match with those people if they are connecting at the same time as you. Me and Anubi breeded last night but other than that I get nothing

AlforceVeedramon
11-11-2006, 08:39 AM
my team as of this post:

-- Gaogamon
-- Gargomon
-- Angemon

Reserve

-- Peckmon
-- Guilmon
-- Dorumon

I still really wish I had chosen Koromon, but I still love Gaogamon. His insane attack has saved my ass on several occasions.

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 12:08 PM
In name news, they called the cloaked form of Demon Creepymon. Ugh, I&#39;ve always hated that name.
Currently in the Lava Ridge, levelling and training more. =D

AlforceVeedramon
11-11-2006, 12:10 PM
NOOOO! NOT CREEPYMON! Ugh, that&#39;s such a horrible name.

Wait, does that mean the true form is called Daemon, or is the cloaked form all you&#39;ve seen so far?

TKTakeru
11-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Hm, I think Bandai has always called him Creepymon- while the dub called him Daemon?? Same with Apokarimon/Apocalymon. I could be wrong though...

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I don&#39;t know what non-cloaked Demon is, I haven&#39;t seen him yet.
On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Chaosmon is in the game?

TKTakeru
11-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Demon:

http://www.digimon.channel.or.jp/digivice/evo/img/evo_demon.gif

Master-Element
11-11-2006, 12:26 PM
I looked on a list and so far it says Chaos is not ,but if he is that means you can only get him by matching a lv 60 Darkdramon and Bantyeo Leomon who are in the game but niether has their regular line

Ten no Sasuke
11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Me and Anubi are already going to try to get Chaosmon. I&#39;m going to get Darkdramon and he is going to get Banchouleomon and then... WE SHALL BREED!

Takato-mon
11-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I don&#39;t have Wi-fi yet.I&#39;ll try to get it.And if anyone wants to be my friend they can.They don&#39;t even have to be people I know.But does anyone know where they found how to get each digimon by breeding?I want to find out.

Master-Element
11-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Its just so happens that im worknig with my starter who is on his way to becoming darkdramon but remember since War Greymon and Metal Garurumon have to both be sixity to match a omegamon, no dought so do Darkdramon and Bantyo leomon to make chaosmon if he is in the game

Airdra
11-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh, man...does the Creepymon thing mean Deathmon&#39;s being called Ghoulmon? *shudder*

And I managed to obtain an English copy of the game today (it&#39;s been easier to find than Justice League Heroes, I about had a heart attack) but I&#39;m not starting it right away. I&#39;m saving it for the inevitable round of holiday travelling I will do. XP

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh, man...does the Creepymon thing mean Deathmon&#39;s being called Ghoulmon? *shudder*

And I managed to obtain an English copy of the game today (it&#39;s been easier to find than Justice League Heroes, I about had a heart attack) but I&#39;m not starting it right away. I&#39;m saving it for the inevitable round of holiday travelling I will do. XP

Yes, it&#39;s Ghoulmon. >>
I now have a sexy Kudamon. His Perfect stage is called Tylinmon. The others are the same, I think. His Adult stage&#39;s name is spelled Reppamon.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I beat the game! Whoo!

Ten no Sasuke
11-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Yes, it&#39;s Ghoulmon. >>
I now have a sexy Kudamon. His Perfect stage is called Tylinmon. The others are the same, I think. His Adult stage&#39;s name is spelled Reppamon.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I beat the game! Whoo!

I don&#39;t recall you having 15 ultimates to trigger the demon lords Anubi! YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED YET! XD

jpwong
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I looked on a list and so far it says Chaos is not ,but if he is that means you can only get him by matching a lv 60 Darkdramon and Bantyeo Leomon who are in the game but niether has their regular line

You&#39;re quite sure on that matchup? Because if that&#39;s true, that&#39;s a brand new egg match not found in the Japanese version.

Takato-mon
11-11-2006, 04:58 PM
No one answered my question.Where can you find a breeding guide to tell you how to get digimon?

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 05:07 PM

You&#39;re quite sure on that matchup? Because if that&#39;s true, that&#39;s a brand new egg match not found in the Japanese version.

He was saying "if", so I don&#39;t think anythig is official. It&#39;d be nice if he was in though, since his two "components" are in the game. Ah well.
Currently I&#39;m just levelling up in the final area. Kinda boring. =/ Hoping to get my 15 Ultimates to start the Demon Lord quest soon, and trying to get 999% data on BlackWarGreymon so I can have a head start on uber-WarGreymon for Omegamon.

Master-Element
11-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Tamer Name - Anubi
Friend Code - 137522628391
Tamer Rank - King
Chosen Partner Digimon - Tanemon --> Palmon
Current Team - Lillymon, Growlmon, Zudomon
Digimon that you&#39;re looking to get - Would love Omegamon and Dukemon Crimson mode once I get my Digis strong enough
Willing to battle/breed Digimon? - Will breed my Growlmon in order to make V-mon eggs
where did you get Growlmon breeds to make Veemon, and if thats true whats the other Digimon you match

Terriermon Fan
11-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Question: Does the Digimon benefit anything from having a great amount of scanned data? Just wondering if it&#39;s worth it to have a 999% of data for one Digimon.

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Question: Does the Digimon benefit anything from having a great amount of scanned data? Just wondering if it&#39;s worth it to have a 999% of data for one Digimon.

Yes, the more data you have, the better stats you get. I got 999% on Growlmon and he was quite godly even before I began to level him.
My next question is... What, if anything, is in the wild that can devolve to Tsunomon?

jpwong
11-11-2006, 05:47 PM
My next question is... What, if anything, is in the wild that can devolve to Tsunomon?

Darkdramon, located in the final stage where you fight the Demon lords (Final Quest in the game). He&#39;s a bit harder to get than Koromon (BlackWarGreymon in the Final stage of the regular game).

Takato-mon
11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I feel ignored.Can someone give me a breeding guide for the game.

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Another question, because I&#39;m quite clueless.
I bought some accessories from the shop that&#39;s supposed to increase the amount of experience I get. However, they don&#39;t seem to be giving me any extra exp. Is there a reason for that? Trying to get Sliepmon is driving me crazy.

Deviate
11-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Anyone have a list of all the new dub names in Digimon Story? This is what I have so far:

Gaomon = Gaomon
DotFalcomon = DotFalcomon
Falcomon = Falcomon
Kudamon = Kudamon
Reppamon = Reppamon
Qulinmon - Tylinmon
Gaogamon = Gaogamon
Peckmon = Peckmon
BantyoLeomon = BantoLeomon

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 08:15 PM
DoruGremon is DoruGreymon... I dunno if that name has been around in the dub before or not.

Deviate
11-11-2006, 08:30 PM
The last series of cards released in America gave dub name to most of the X Digimon. Thanks anyway.

These are the Digimon I need Dub names for.

GeoGreymon
RiseGreymon
DotAgumon
Darkdramon
Dracmon
Sangloupmon
Matadormon
Neptunemon
Kamemon
Gawappamon
Yatagaramon
Valdurmon
Sunflowmon
Lilamon
BlackAgumon
Kenkimon
PawnChessmon
Puttomon
Sleipmon
Dorimon
Parasimon
Diatrymon
Barbamon
Lilithmon
Leviamon
Belphemon
Chronomon (Both Modes)

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 08:41 PM
In addition to my Exp Ring question, I have yet another question... Isn&#39;t it possible to get the four Holy Beasts? How do you go about doing that?

As for dub names, I&#39;ll mark what I know.

GeoGreymon- I think the same
RiseGreymon- I think the same
DotAgumon- I think the same
Darkdramon
Dracmon
Sangloupmon
Matadormon
Neptunemon- Same
Kamemon- Same
Gawappamon
Yatagaramon- Yatakaramon
Valdurmon- Same
Sunflowmon- Same
Lilamon- Same
BlackAgumon- Same
Kenkimon
PawnChessmon- Same
Puttomon
Sleipmon- Same
Dorimon- Same
Parasimon- Same
Diatrymon
Barbamon
Lilithmon
Leviamon
Belphemon
Chronomon (Both Modes)- Chronomon DM and HM

jpwong
11-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Another question, because I&#39;m quite clueless.
I bought some accessories from the shop that&#39;s supposed to increase the amount of experience I get. However, they don&#39;t seem to be giving me any extra exp. Is there a reason for that? Trying to get Sliepmon is driving me crazy.

I believe you are getting it. It raises the XP gain for all digimon in the party, not just the one wearing the accessory (Ie, you&#39;d probably want everyone wearing one of those accessories for max XP gains).

Takato-mon
11-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the FAQs.That really answered my questions jpwong .

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 09:36 PM
All right, I started the Demon Lord quest. All the names were kept, except Lucemon is called Lucemon CM. Oddly enough, Demon&#39;s name is Daemon which is what it should be. I guess they&#39;re treating him and "Creepymon" as seperate Digimon.

Master-Element
11-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Guys I found a way to get the missing starter digimon through breeding look

No.46 Hero&#39;s Egg (HI-RO-ZU EGGU)
-Digimon who had the same class 2 generations ago+Digimon who had the same class 2 generations ago
--Agumon (34%)
--Gaomon (33%)
--Raramon (33%)

so some one who will help me?

Anubimon
11-11-2006, 11:03 PM
*Dances happily* Finally got Sliepmon after much irritation in getting 20,000 Holy Exp. And so far, he does not disappoint. Though I&#39;ve only used him to do a basic attack.
Working on levelling Tanemon again, decided to make it Raramon once again, I like the moveset of its evolutions more than Palmon&#39;s line. I&#39;m almost able to get Dukemon, but my playtime isn&#39;t 30 hours yet. 3 levels away from getting Valdurmon. Just go Kuzuhamon as well. I&#39;m quite happy with my progress.

jpwong
11-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Guys I found a way to get the missing starter digimon through breeding look

Quite frankly, we people with Digimon Story have been attempting for all 3 eggs that give starter digimon since we knew what we were supposed to match up. To my knowledge, next to no one has ever achieved it if at all, and those people who might have aren&#39;t saying what digimon they used to do so.

Master-Element
11-11-2006, 11:36 PM
its not amatter of what digimon you use but how you go about it, I&#39;ve allot of experiance from Dragon warrior monsters 2 on GBC,the breeding system on that was very similar and you wouldnt believe what a alaborite breeding lines I had to go through to get a dracolord with out using Drack wich you only get one of , went through what felt like ten generrationsI

jpwong
11-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Ok, I think I understand what they mean for it now, though the main problem is that other egg types do seem to take precedence over those ones.

The people I saw posting were saying that you had to match up evolution parents, not breeding parents, and I&#39;m sure that&#39;s what was messing a lot of people up.

Airdra
11-12-2006, 07:28 AM
All right, I started the Demon Lord quest. All the names were kept, except Lucemon is called Lucemon CM. Oddly enough, Demon&#39;s name is Daemon which is what it should be. I guess they&#39;re treating him and "Creepymon" as seperate Digimon.

Where do you go to fight them separately? I&#39;m a little stuck on my Japanese because I don&#39;t know where the heck I&#39;m supposed to go next. XD

Anubimon
11-12-2006, 08:37 AM
The first one is supposed to be in the Mountain area. I haven&#39;t actually gone looking for him to fight yet though.

Airdra
11-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Ah, cool, I&#39;ll go hunting for him or her later, thanks. :D

SakuyamonX
11-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Lucemon CM: That&#39;s because it was Lucemon Chaos Mode in the dub =O

TheTET
11-12-2006, 09:50 AM
darn they use the most stupid name on one of my favourite digimon :(
but did they fix the Kerpymon mistake and name it as Cherubimon?

Ten no Sasuke
11-12-2006, 09:55 AM
The first one is supposed to be in the Mountain area. I haven&#39;t actually gone looking for him to fight yet though.

It is actually random anubi for each game... XD

Airdra shall enjoy failing to find him >.>

Anubimon
11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Sean and I have once again bred, but this time instead of winding up with a ton of Numemon, we have bred... V-mon!
So if anyone wants a V-mon, I have an Obedient Dragon with over 300 attack. You just need a Dragon to do the dirty deed. PM me or post here or whatever if you want it.

Finally, 30 hours reached! So I was able to evolve a Valdurmon and Dukemon at last. Dukemon has a very sexy 696 attack stat. I was wrong about Valdurmon&#39;s name being the same, though. It was translated as "Varodurumon"

Tsum
11-12-2006, 02:07 PM

It is actually random anubi for each game... XD

Airdra shall enjoy failing to find him >.>

Really? Its random?

In my Stroy save file, I just followed where someone&#39;s livejournal had the pics of their battles against each Demon Lord. Needless to say, I found them in the exact same areas as the livejournal poster did. ( ican&#39;t quite remember whose journal it was, so sorry to whoever the journal belongs to....)

Airdra
11-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Hah! I haven&#39;t looked yet! XD

...I&#39;m still going to try anyway, since hitting random ones isn&#39;t working out all too well. XP You find them in the regular old boss areas, right?

jpwong
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Not quite, while they&#39;re in those levels, they don&#39;t all appear where the "area boss" was the first time around.

AlforceVeedramon
11-12-2006, 06:32 PM
goddamn, the beach level after getting gold rank is the worst thing ever. Etemon and Silphymon everywhere, and every battle ends with at least one of my Digimon fainting. Worst yet, it&#39;s a freaking maze.

Anubimon
11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah. Okay. WTF. So I had kicked the first six Demon Lord&#39;s asses, go on to fight Belphemon, annihilating everything along my path.
And then I have to fight Demon again and he kicks my ass. What exactly is up with that? Did I miss something? How am I supposed to beat all of them? Do I have to do even more obsessive levelling?
Sheesh. >>

Master-Element
11-12-2006, 09:59 PM
How do you get a egg to hatch

jpwong
11-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Meet the hatching requirements. All eggs have basic requirements to hatch. Some of the more "rare" eggs have higher requirements. They tell you when you look at the egg things like, atk over 50, or mp over 200, or needs 5000 darkness XP. That sort of thing. When you meet the said requirement(s), talk to the egg and voila, it hatches.

Anubimon
11-13-2006, 09:18 AM
All right, I have another set of questions that will hopefully be my last. If some smart person could help, I would appreciate it.
I know that devolving is key to getting better stats, and I&#39;ve done it a lot sometime. But how high exactly should I bother getting things before I devolve them? I&#39;m trying to level for the Belphemon/beating the other six Lords again before you fight him, and I don&#39;t really want to level all the way to 70 each time. If you don&#39;t level high enough, can your stats end up going down?
Is there any way to help certain stats grow better? I know the farms have some items, but are there other ways? My Dukemon is getting closed to maxing out attack, but is really slow... Valdurmon has maxed out speed, but has pitiful attack. I&#39;m sure both are needed to be able to fight the Lords.
Does anyone have a general idea of how high stats need to be for the final Lord battles, or any strategies? Belphemon&#39;s area is really long, and I don&#39;t want to walk all the way to the end and have to hike back again.
And lastly, where is the Digimental of Courage? I expect it&#39;s in one of the chests that I wasn&#39;t high enough rank to open before, but there are many of those. Does anyone know the specific area?

jpwong
11-13-2006, 10:38 AM
If you devolve early, you will lower your stats. So never evolve and then devolve without gainning a few levels first at least.

Farm items can raise attributes of your digimon who you leave on the farm. For example, the best speed booster (hamster wheel type thing) at lvl3 will naturally raise that farm&#39;s digimon&#39;s speed atribute to a max of 700 over time.

Anubimon
11-13-2006, 11:11 AM
If you devolve early, you will lower your stats. So never evolve and then devolve without gainning a few levels first at least.

Farm items can raise attributes of your digimon who you leave on the farm. For example, the best speed booster (hamster wheel type thing) at lvl3 will naturally raise that farm&#39;s digimon&#39;s speed atribute to a max of 700 over time.

All right. I try and get the Baby/Child/Adult stages to level 40 each before evolving them, then for Perfect I try and go a bit higher than what the Ultimate&#39;s level will be. Hopefully that&#39;s enough to help me stat-wise.
I guess I&#39;ll try training things on the farm more. I wish farm raising was a bit faster though. x.x

Takato-mon
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I finally get my copy tomarrow.Oh yeah.And tomarrow is my birthday.

Anubimon
11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
*Happy dance* I beat the Demon Lords. I thought it would take a lot more levelling to beat them for round 2, but they were pretty easy. These were my stats, for reference if anyone else has trouble with fighting them for the final time.

Lilamon
HP: 3380
MP: 6216
Attack: 588 + 87
Defense: 346 + 52
Spirit: 998 + 94
Speed: 633 + 10

Valdurmon
HP: 3491
MP: 3271
Attack: 396 + 119
Defense: 527 + 91
Spirit: 645 + 30
Speed: 999 + 38

Dukemon
HP: 5154
MP: 2029
Attack: 999 + 89
Defense: 560 + 116
Spirit: 603 + 73
Speed: 343 + 30

And I got Culumon! Now I just need someone else to get Culumon so we can breed them to get Dukemon Crimson Mode. Hoorai.

Takato-mon
11-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah you beat the Demon lords I&#39;m so happy.I just want to play so bad.I&#39;m not a good gamer but I think I could beat the demon lords.

Airdra
11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Anubi, do you remember where you found the rest of the Demon Lords? Demon was actually in the mountains. XD

Anubimon
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Hm..
I believe the next was in the Sky Palace? That was Beelzebumon, I think. Then there was one in the Lava Ridge, Barbamon I think.... I don&#39;t recall where Lilithmon was, I *think* it was the area with all the Etemon and Silphymon. Leviamon was in the undersea area of the mountains... Lucemon was in the final area. Belphemon is in a new area.

Airdra
11-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Ah, awesome, awesome, awesome. Thanks a bunch. ;D Even an uncertain answer is better than me randomly hitting different areas. XD

AlforceVeedramon
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I&#39;m confused on the subject of traits. Eventually you&#39;re forced to get rid of one to make way for another, not unlike Pokemon attacks, but it seems like it&#39;s forcing me to get rid of an existing trait, rather than allowing me to refuse to learn this new one. How do I solve this?

Anubimon
11-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I&#39;m confused on the subject of traits. Eventually you&#39;re forced to get rid of one to make way for another, not unlike Pokemon attacks, but it seems like it&#39;s forcing me to get rid of an existing trait, rather than allowing me to refuse to learn this new one. How do I solve this?

Press B, it should let you cancel out.

In other news, I have over half the required Holy experience for Imperialdramon Fighter Mode. Once I have that, hopefully I can help people get Imperialdramon Paladin Mode.

Takato-mon
11-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Yay!!!! I finally get my Digimon World DS game today.Which digimon is the best to start out with?

Anubimon
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Yay!!!! I finally get my Digimon World DS game today.Which digimon is the best to start out with?

Any of them are fine. However, neither Koromon or Tsunomon are obtainable until much, much later in the game.

I have finally raised Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, and he has quite nice stats. Also has a nice ability which increases scan precentage, though that&#39;s a bit useless to me now.
Now I just need Omegamon, then I need to breed Imperialdramon Paladin Mode. =O
It&#39;s also worth noting that Imperialdramon FM is insanely overpowered, so if you&#39;re having trouble in the game, just get V-mon some Holy Exp.

Also, Dorugoramon didn&#39;t get much of a name... He&#39;s only listed as &quot;Drgoramn&quot;

Takato-mon
11-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Ok I know who I&#39;m going to start out with.I got to the part were you first teleport on the pad thing.Now I have to convience my mom to get Wi-Fi for me.Oh and my tamer name is cloud.Ok I got to the point where you pick your first Digimon.Ok I picked koromon.He is my current party

Koromon:
HP:77
MP:58
Attack:52
Defense:35+5
Spirit:38
speed:36
aptitude:10

Poyomon:
HP:80
MP:72
Attack:51
Defense:29
Spirit:47
Speed:31
Aptitude:10

I didn&#39;t train them yet.I&#39;m going to find gabumon.

Ok I need to bring back the Blade now and I can evovle koromon to Agumon.I will post the new stats later.

Anubimon
11-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Blah, another question. Does anyone know where the Digimental of Purity (I assume Sincerity in the English version) is found? I&#39;d like to evolve my Aquilamon to Shurimon.

RewolfJ
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Blah, another question. Does anyone know where the Digimental of Purity (I assume Sincerity in the English version) is found? I&#39;d like to evolve my Aquilamon to Shurimon.

Earlier today, my Aquilamon (whom I want to evolve to Gigadramon) sent me on a favor quest for it while he was at the farm.

Kazin Kagari
11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Does anyone know if you can actually get a Koemon to join your party? I&#39;m on a favor quest for PicoDevimon and it has me trying to coerce one to give me it&#39;s slingshot.

I thought that pretty much every digimon you find in the game can join your party, but I haven&#39;t seen any way to get one in your party.

Anubimon
11-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know if you can actually get a Koemon to join your party? I&#39;m on a favor quest for PicoDevimon and it has me trying to coerce one to give me it&#39;s slingshot.

I thought that pretty much every digimon you find in the game can join your party, but I haven&#39;t seen any way to get one in your party.

No, Koemon cannot join your party as far as I know.
Also, most of the bosses you fight cannot join you either. Which is sad, because I want Lilithmon. ;_;

AlforceVeedramon
11-14-2006, 08:07 PM
anybody know where you get the Digimental of Light? I&#39;ll need it soon if I want Ankylomon to evolve.

Kazin Kagari
11-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah. Sucks that you can&#39;t get SkullGreymon. I mean, if he took up three of the spaces that&#39;d be an interesting fight where he&#39;d get owned anytime they used a multi-zone attack XD

Oh well. No monkey for Kazin. I shall deal :p

jpwong
11-14-2006, 11:08 PM

Most of the digimetals and stuff are found in the chests. The better the chest (ie, need to be higher Tamer rank) the better the item.

RewolfJ
11-15-2006, 01:59 AM

Most of the digimetals and stuff are found in the chests. The better the chest (ie, need to be higher Tamer rank) the better the item.

Nope:

Earlier today, my Aquilamon (whom I want to evolve to Gigadramon) sent me on a favor quest for it while he was at the farm.

You get it from that favor quest Aquilamon, it&#39;s on the ground in the middle of chrome mine after you accept that quest.

jpwong
11-15-2006, 06:31 AM
You can still only get some digimetals out of chests. I didn&#39;t say which ones because I don&#39;t know which, just that a few are in chests. It&#39;s a general post. I didn&#39;t say you must get digimetal X here.

PK
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Miracles = storyline.
Courage = Tamer points
Sincerity = Aquilamon quest
Light = Ankylomon quest
Kindness and friendship = chests (both were blue, kindness in packet swamp, friendship in hard mountain)

that&#39;s what I&#39;ve found so far, anyone know any others?

Takato-mon
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Ok I&#39;m on the part were you fight Skullgreymon and I got creamed.I had level 16s on my team.What level do you have to be to beat him?And I better put my Aquilamon in the digifarm if I want that digimental.And currently I only have Beast,Dragon,and Normal Digifarms, just in case you wanted to know.And here are my digimon:

Angemon Lvl.19(party)
Greymon Lvl.18(party)
Aquilamon Lvl.20(party)
GomamonLvl.19(party,backup)(trying to get Ikkakumon)
Wormon Lvl.13(Normal Farm)(Trying to get stringmon one of my favorites)
Airdramon Lvl.12(Dragon Farm)(May use as back up when stronger)
ToyAgumon Lvl.12(Dragon farm)(going to Machine farm when I get it)
Renamon Lvl.13(Beast Farm)(just converted)
Terriermon Lvl.13(Best Farm)(How do you get Darkgargomon?)
Dorimon Lvl.8(Beast Farm)(Just converted)(Trying to get Armadillomon)

And most of my Digimon&#39;s natures are graceful.

AlforceVeedramon
11-15-2006, 07:15 PM
to get the Demon Lords quest, do you have to have 15 Ultimates right then, or can it just be that you&#39;ve had a total of 15 Ultimates during your playtime?

Airdra
11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
You have to have 15 Ultimates all at once. (Found that out the hard way. &gt;.&lt;;; )

Since I finally figured that out, I&#39;ve been schooling the Demon Lords with BanchouLeomon, Darkdramon, and Airdramon...Darkdramon one hit KO&#39;ed Beelzebumon and Barbamon. XD

Anubimon
11-15-2006, 07:37 PM
You have to have 15 Ultimates all at once. (Found that out the hard way. &gt;.&lt;;; )

Since I finally figured that out, I&#39;ve been schooling the Demon Lords with BanchouLeomon, Darkdramon, and Airdramon...Darkdramon one hit KO&#39;ed Beelzebumon and Barbamon. XD

Haha, nice. Just be warned, as Belphemon is much much harder than the other Lords.

Takato-mon
11-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Can someone tell me what Level is good agaisnt Skullgreymon.I&#39;m thinking 20.My cousin is training my digimon.It is so addicting.

Airdra
11-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Haha, nice. Just be warned, as Belphemon is much much harder than the other Lords.

Well, Darkdramon and BanchouLeomon both have 999 attack, so I don&#39;t think I&#39;ll have too many problems. XD

And those locations you gave me earlier are all good. Looks like they&#39;re in the same spots in every game. :D

Anubimon
11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Can someone tell me what Level is good agaisnt Skullgreymon.I&#39;m thinking 20.My cousin is training my digimon.It is so addicting.

I don&#39;t know what level to recommend, but make sure you have attacks that hit three spaces. Since SkullGreymon takes up three panels, any attack that hits three panels will do a lot of damage to him.

Takato-mon
11-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I only Have Digimon that can attack 2 spaves.When Gomamon digivolves to Ikkakumon I&#39;ll see if he has three space moves.

jpwong
11-15-2006, 09:52 PM
I&#39;m pretty sure he has a 3 space water wave attack. If you have any MetalGreymons, they have a 2 space missile attack and a 3 space super attack (once you get to the appropriate levels)

Anubimon
11-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Woot, my Omegamon egg hatched! Happiness. Now I just need Dukemon CM and Imperialdramon PM.

Does anyone know how to obtain Imperialdramon Dragon Mode Black? It&#39;s listed as being available, but I don&#39;t see how to get it. Is it a special event? A Favor Quest?

PK
11-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Woot, my Omegamon egg hatched! Happiness. Now I just need Dukemon CM and Imperialdramon PM.

Does anyone know how to obtain Imperialdramon Dragon Mode Black? It&#39;s listed as being available, but I don&#39;t see how to get it. Is it a special event? A Favor Quest?
I&#39;d like to know too.

and once my omegamon hatches I&#39;ll match for IDmon PM. ;)

DukeMon CM will have to wait though, as getting a lv99 is tough (other than calumon)

I&#39;d also like a digitamamon, so maybe when we match for IDmon PM we can match our chronomon&#39;s (both are nicknamed Chrono, and the req. for digitamamon is identical nicknames IIRC.)

and a question: Grankuwagamon digivolves from both wormmon and tentomon lines, can he degenerate into either? Or does he degenerate only into the one he digivolved from?

AlforceVeedramon
11-16-2006, 04:57 PM
this game seems to call the Dub version of Super Ultimate as Ultra; they refer to it several times when speaking of Chronomon (who I&#39;m about to fight).

Also, to get Imperialdramon Black, I think you have to evolve Digitamamon.

Anubimon
11-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Got the Imperialdramon PM egg.
However, if my math is right, it&#39;ll take around 20 hours to hatch. =/
One day at a DigiFarm is about 15 minutes. My farm gives 1030 exp a day. So, without training... To get the 80,000+ exp needed... Yeah. XD

RewolfJ
11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Heh, wow... :
(minor spoilers for Hard Mountains) (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/theimageofmyownbreast/failedagain.jpg)

AlforceVeedramon
11-18-2006, 07:43 AM
I have a question about a favor quest

No. 3, I Want to Make Friends Again
Requesting Digimon: Veemon
Required Tamer Rank: Normal Tamer
Tamer Points: +200
Requirement: Veemon is in the farm and Wormmon isn&#39;t one of your Digimon.

Speak with Wormmon in the Item Shop area.

So does that mean I have to hold off creating Wormmon until I have a Veemon? Or could I just put Wormmon in the Digibank?

Anubimon
11-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Shazam. Imperialdramon PM hatched. I&#39;m not exactly sure how it hatched so quickly, even once my farm equipment levelled enough to get 1500 exp per day.
He&#39;s level 75. His stats are really underwhelming, though. I was expecting better. 443 attack, 265 defense, 263 spirit, 167 speed. Since he can&#39;t evolve or devolve, he has little room for growth.
Spiffy sprite, though.

AlforceVeedramon
11-18-2006, 05:42 PM
question about the Demon Lords quest: if I were to initiate it (i.e., have 15 Ultimates in my possession), would I have to do it right then, or could I still train? I want to just have it activated so I can degenerate the Ultimates I obtain (I&#39;m holding back on degenerating right now)

jpwong
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Shazam. Imperialdramon PM hatched. I&#39;m not exactly sure how it hatched so quickly, even once my farm equipment levelled enough to get 1500 exp per day.
He&#39;s level 75. His stats are really underwhelming, though. I was expecting better. 443 attack, 265 defense, 263 spirit, 167 speed. Since he can&#39;t evolve or devolve, he has little room for growth.
Spiffy sprite, though.

I believe it&#39;s generally assumed that by the time you get IMPM you have all that high quality massive stat boosting farm equipment available that will rapidly bring the stats to 700.

Anubimon
11-19-2006, 05:10 PM
I believe it&#39;s generally assumed that by the time you get IMPM you have all that high quality massive stat boosting farm equipment available that will rapidly bring the stats to 700.

Really? Because all of my farm equipment is pretty horrible. XD But I haven&#39;t really focused on farm stuff. Besides, the shop never seems to have much that&#39;s very good, unless there are others way to get good farm equipment?

jpwong
11-20-2006, 05:34 AM
nope, the farm shop once you get further into the game will have a mix of the shit stuff and the best stuff which rotates. I mean, most of the atainables have pretty bad stats, IMPM, DMCM, Culumon all have underachiever stats, but my farm equipment rapidly realized their stats (with intensive trainning all the stats are 700+ last time I played)

SharzMy
11-21-2006, 06:53 AM
I wish I could have some of the Demon Lords.. :( ....Barbamon,Leviamon and Lucemon!

Airdra
11-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, you get Beelzebumon&#39;s scan data after you defeat all of them and you can get cloaked Demon normally, but that&#39;s about it. &gt;.&lt; Too bad, because I would have loved a Leviamon.

AlforceVeedramon
11-21-2006, 04:32 PM
yay, I beat all 7 Demon Lords! Now I can start degenerating and do some more Favor Quests

reddmann
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
heres a question.... so we dont get miragegaogomon and shinegreymon why does falcomon get a mega level?? i never watched frontier so was his mega form there?? if not then why would they give his mega form and not agumon, gaomon and raramons?? i checked out some info on digiport.com and they state that falcomons mega form is different then his mega form from digimon world DS..... can anyone help me figure out this dilema of mine?

Bikutaa Honno
11-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Because Valdurmon was Falcomon&#39;s &quot;linear&quot; Ultimate form untl they decided to include him in Savers and realized it just wouldn&#39;t do. Or you could just say Valdurmon is the Ultimate form of the &quot;non-ninja&quot; Falcomon.

reddmann
11-22-2006, 04:49 AM
aaaaaah.... that explains it..... thanks bikutaa 8)

Anubimon
11-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Huzzah, I got Dukemon CM! He was the easiest Digimon to hatch EVER. XD 100 Holy Exp.
Of course, continuing my trend of shitty personalities, he/she is Prissy.

AlforceVeedramon
11-23-2006, 05:53 PM
heh, I never knew it before, but it appears you CAN get Koromon early in the game; Starmon apparently appears in Sheer Valley, according to his profile in the Digimon Gallery.