PDA

View Full Version : The Real World...? Sign Up and Discussion Thread (Temp. On Hold [Info Inside])

eonwarrior
08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
"... Where am I...? ... Why is it so bright...? ... This must be a dream."

"If that is what you wish to deem it."

"...!? ... Who are you...?"

"If this is your dream, I must be a figment of your imagination."

"..."

"Come and sit down. Let's... talk."

"Talk with my imagination? ... Isn't that silly...?"

"If this is JUST a dream... who will know...?"

"... Somehow... I get the feeling... this isn't a dream."

"..."

"So where did these chairs come from...?"

"..."

"... You know, you smirk a lot."

"Ah, forgive me for that bit of ego. I... revel in the thought of being so... all-knowing."

"So you think your a god?"

"... Maybe."

"Why won't you give me a straight answer...?"

"..."

"Okay, fine. I guess I have to do a bit of figuring out. So... who are you...?"

"..."

"... Um...? Hello?"

"Hello."

"Ugh. Could you please answer my questions?"

"... Sure."

"Then who are you?"

"..."

"... You're not answering."

"... Because you're not asking the RIGHT questions."

"Huh? The right questions? Knowing who you are isn't important?"

"Knowing who I am is the least important thing right now."

"Riiiiiight..."

"..."

"Okay... so... why are you here?"

"..."

"Ugh. Okay then, Mr. Smart Ass. What is the most important thing right now?"

"The most important thing...? Well... all I'll say is... it's not who I am that is most important. But... you're very close to the right question."

"You're making my head hurt."

"Thanks."

"... Anyways... if it's not... 'who' you are... then... 'What are you?'"

"..."

"That's a much bigger smirk."

"So it is. I'll answer. ... 'I'm the same as you.'"

"... I still don't get it."

"You will... in time."

"But I want to know now."

"I know you do. I've seen how you work."

"Huh? You've seen how I work?"

"..."

"God, this is giving me such a headache."

"Try another question."

"I don't know if I should for fear of my head exploding under this philosophical stress."

"..."

"Did I say a good question?"

"No. I'm smirking like this cause it's a funny statement."

"Ugh."

"Ask me a question."

"... What is this place...?"

"It is just like us."

"Huh...? It's... just like us?"

"Yes."

"You're a very strange man to hand me this "open mind" stuff."

"I live to serve."

"Look, can you just give me one straight answer!?"

"... Well... since you seem to be getting impatient, I guess I could tell you something of intelligent use."

"Oh dear god, I'm now scared as to wither I'll be able to understand..."

"Don't worry. Everything that has happened here will become clear in several days time."

"Wow, that was easy to understand."

"When you wake, just know that you've stepped onto the path of a new beginning in your life."

"That... sounds awesome. But there's got to be a catch...?"

"... Yes, there is one. With success comes defeat."

"Unless you're perfect."

"Wayne Gretzky was a wonderful hockey player, but he was not perfect, no matter how wonderful his plays."

"Why are we talking about Wayne Gretzky?"

"Wayne Gretzky became who he was after many failures."

"I never saw him take too many."

"I'm talking about training. Training is the one area where you can make mistakes and learn by them without fearing too much ridicule."

"Alright..."

"But I'm sure he suffered a bit of failures in his early day matches. Yet he rose above mistakes and became a very skilled player."

"What does that have to do with right now...?"

"For every great success comes great failure. More often than not, you'll experience great failure at first."

"Well that's great."

"But I have faith in you. Faith in you and the others."

"Others? You've done this mumbo jumbo with others? So this means it's not entirely a dream."

"..."

"I hate it when you do that."

"Well, I believe this is all for now. Everything... is up to you now."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's how it's going to break down. You can have multiple characters, as many as you want, need or can handle, etc. When you create your character(s) and PM them to me, I will place them here for public view.

For now, I think civilian occupations will be unlocked at first, seeing as how I don't want to give away much of the story and plot for now.

Construction of your characters are as follows:

First and Last Name:
Occupation: I'll let people choose freely, but when they PM me their profile, I'll judge as to wither they can have the job specified or not. Don't despair, I can be flexible.
Navi Digimon (If applicable): Any official Digimon is acceptable here. If things go good, I MAY let fan-made in, but it's not certain.
Background Info: Give your character some dramatic flair, anything will do! :P

So... I think for the first discussion, I want to ask potentials "Where should we hold the RP? Somewhere in North America or should it be in Japan?"

27/08/08 ANNOUNCEMENT
With the release of Digimon World Championship, I've found it necessary to temporarily keep the RP on hold, because I'm too wrapped up in my gaming obsessions. >.< So, everyone enjoy DWC!! :D

eonwarrior
08-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Username: RedAgumon
First and Last Name: Zach Scott
Navi Digimon (If applicable):RedAgumon

Description: A 5'10" red colored Agumon with with a crocodile smile. He has green eyes with vertical black marks over his eyes visually similar to scars but they are just coloration . He has an elongated tail with black Leomon esk bands on both his arms and his tail. On his head their are two vertical fin (like a shark's dorsal fin) like crest over his eyes. When he stands his legs and feet look like that akin to a bipedal dinosaurs.

Attacks:
Bind- He launches the bands off his body to immobilize his foe it sometimes fails.
Claw Smash- A powerful punch with his claw. The direction can be changed into an uppercut or a downward smash. It also can be powered up with a fiery aura.
Blaze Breath- a tremendous burst of fire in the form of a fire ball or stream.

Background Info: Zach lives on his own he was emancipated from his mother just last year. She was a horrible person always preferring to get high or drunk than watching her own son. He has had to pretty much fend for himself since he was five and his father died. He has a lot of inner turmoil that suppresses. He works at the Zoo to pay the bills. He's one of many tour guide over the entire zoo but he likes the Big Cat exhibit and Aquarium the best.

Username: osirist
First and Last Name:Tres Eldin
Navi Digimon (If applicable): Strabimon
Background Info: Tres grew up in New Orleans, so he learned quick how to take care of himself. As a result he usually carries a very illegal knife with him. He's fiercly proud of his Cajun heritage and will often throw in a few french phrases when he's talking. Tres is easy going and gets along well with just about anyone. The one thing that bothers him is getting serious. He believes people should keep it simple and try not worry about everything, and usually ends up the one trying to cheer everyone up. Although when the situation calls for it he can be dead serious.

Username: Griff842
First and Last Name: Jeff Dracon
Navi Digimon (If applicable): Kamemon
Background Info: Nothing incredibly special about Jeff. He just graduated from high school and is in the process of applying to a university. He would be best described as extremelt determined, proud, and independent. He doesn't really like being told what to do by leaders and will sometimes disobey if he doesn't agree with what they say. He can be somewhat serious, but light-hearted Kamemon attempts to bring out the best in him.

Username: DuskGem
First and Last Name: Ami Freeman
Navi Digimon (If applicable): Pawnchessmon (White)
Background Info: Is the identical twin of Ami. They are orphans, and live with foster parents. They both care a lot for animals and help out at their parents veterinary surgery and rescue centre. When they were 12 they were involved in an accident that caused her to lose the sight in her right eye.

First and Last Name: Alice Freeman
Navi Digimon (If applicable): Pawnchessmon (Black)
Background Info: Is the identical twin of Alice. They are orphans, and live with foster parents. They both care a lot for animals and help out at their parents veterinary surgery and rescue centre. When they were 12 they were involved in an accident, where her sister lost the sight in her right eye, which makes Alice very protective of her.

Username: Agu-Chan
First and Last Name: Tom Dogry
Occupation: Orphan, Student, Weekend Sign Spinner(Dudes really done on his luck)
Navi Digimon: Gilamon
Background Info: Tom was a orphan since he was very little he is very timid and shy do his up bringing. He considers himself a outcast do his inability to make any friends.

Vallant
08-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Has RedAgumon said you'd could use his digimon?

DuskGem
08-25-2008, 01:18 AM
It is Redagumon. It's his sign up. not guilmons.

I'll do it later, because I'm a bit busy. I have an idea...

Agu-Chan
08-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Do to the last rpg I was in failed I guess I could give this rpg a try tho I have been given negative rpg comments in the past. I will greatly dedicate myself to your rpg intill it reaches the end or when you decide to let it go.

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Okay, Agu-Chan, I can understand your enthusiasm, but I stated that you should PM me your Profile. But don't worry, just copy and paste the stuff in your current post into a PM, double check it for errors, then send it to me. After that, you can edit the post above, okay?

Next, this is to everyone: I was surprised to have Fan-made Digimon thrown at me from the get go, and that's fine. I have no problem with Fan-made ones, as long as they're kept under control. But I DID say that I wanted to use Official ones at first, BUT... I guess I could make an acception. Though official Digimon ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED AND RECOMMENDED.

Just to let you all know.

Alright, so... does anyone have any ideas on WHERE in the world we should hold this RP? Like, the setting?

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I suggest North America...perhaps the northeast? (Let's face it, no one likes the west :P)

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for starting things off, Griff. And why not the west? D: I wanna be a cowboy. (j/k)

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm thinking more Western Canada since I don't know much about the States. xP

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh, rather have it in Canada? O.o Interesting. Have a specific place in mind?

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
No, I meant I was poking fun at Western Canada. ^..^;;

But for the record it's not a frozen tundra up here. :P

I'm fine with mostly anywhere.

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I was thinking... maybe New york? :P I know, cliche. But.... we could also do it in Chicago. Lots of tall buildings there.

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't mind New York.

Is anyone else gonna discuss this besides us? :P

osirist
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, New York is a bit cliche. Why not New Orleans? Its just as good but not as predictable.

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, we go to your character's home town, Osirist? :P

We need some very interesting metropolis... Hmmm... How about... Miami? Relatively close to New Orleans, has some interesting landscape, it's on the east coast...

osirist
08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
I actually like that idea, good place, good excuse to go there (vacation)
It fits well, i'd go with that one!

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Toronto is big and has free health care. xP

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Hmm... true, if we ever plummet to our death trying to make the mega leap, if we're in Toronto, we can get fixed up for free! xD

Naw, but seriously, I think Miami is our best bet, but I'll leave New York, Chicago and New Orleans up for vote.

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Out of curiousity, HOW similar to the Matrix is this?

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Er... I'm not sure myself. ^^;;; I'm a wing it kind of guy. Planning an RP is also alien to me. D: So go easy on me, guys.

Grovyle48
08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Well, just as long as it's not the Matrix with digimon :P

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it'll be a good variety of both. At least I hope it will please you guys the mix. ^_^;;

Agu-Chan
08-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Just to be trueful I have never seen any of those matrix movies. So this makes me think it to be harder for me to run thru the rpg. :-\

osirist
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Its not that hard to grasp, the whole plot is that the "real world" is actually a virtual world. and the real real world is over run with machines who use the humans boby heat to power themselves. its one of those post apocalyptic things ya know.

RedAgumon
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I really don't care where this this set but it kinda has to have a Zoo.

osirist
08-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm sure it will, Miami has lots of zoos, so does new orleans, chicago im not sure though.

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Alright, so I guess the vote is unanimous?

Then tomorrow, I will open the RP thread. ^_^

osirist
08-25-2008, 08:47 PM
awesome, now I finally have something to do after school.

Agu-Chan
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm considering dropping from the rpg because the matrix in my point of view is more fantasy than science fiction and i'm a strong disliker of fantasy films.

What would my character do mostly.

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Seriously? You'll drop out even before you try it out?

And I can see a bit of truth that there's a bit of fantasy, but the only reason they can do such fanciful things is because the world they go into is one huge computer program. They're special in the fact that they can change the code and exceed the program limitations.

And basically, fantasy = fiction. And science fiction just likes to use gadgets/big words/geeky stuff along to make it all seem cool.

So... it's kinda all and the same.

Agu-Chan
08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
You could be right I will experience first.
So what does my character do first at the start.

eonwarrior
08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
I'll leave that, and the RP thread, for tomorrow... that's if I'm not too busy playing Digimon World Championship. *coughs*

osirist
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't want to rush things but, when are we gonna start?

eonwarrior
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry about the delay, but I MIGHT get things up and running this week.

osirist
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
(Commits RP suicide from lack of intrest)