PDA

View Full Version : Okami

Jadoi
09-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Has anyone play this game?
If so talk about it.

digiboy123
09-22-2006, 11:38 AM
OMG, I love the game play. I was gonna buy it when it first came out, but didn't get to. I actually just bought it last night. The drawing element is really unique, and the graphics are just purdiful.

Jadoi
09-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Well, everything from the background to the animation... is all Japanese watercolor paintings... or so i read.

Rika24
09-22-2006, 06:25 PM
i so wanna play this. i've been reading about it in the playstation magazines for a while now.

digiboy123
09-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Yes, you SHOULD play it. Forget renting it. Buy it. It's so nice looking. I especially love reviving the trees and making the sun with my brush~ So unique.

Seithecs
09-22-2006, 09:36 PM
i have it but now i am stuck, i talked to mr.orange, and he did a hilarious dance i watched a dozen times afterwards, and now i don't know what to do...

digiboy123
09-23-2006, 12:21 AM
-Game help below for Seithics. May cause spoilers-

You talked to Mr. Orange? If you're problem is anything like mine, then you're gonna need go to the edge of Kimikiri (I think that was the name of the village) and talk to the merchant trying to get passed the boulder on the path. After you do, a bunch of demons will attack, so then you defeat them. The merchant then tells you to go get... (forgot his name, but he lives in the nearest house) Sumaru? After you wake him up, you need to get him some sake, cause that's the only way he'll train.

Go to the house with the broken windmill, and fix the windmill by drawing the rest of the windmill in. (Easy, right?) Then go inside, and the woman will give you special sake for fixing the mill. Then you take it to the Sumaru guy, and he'll start training again. (Which you have to help in)

Hope that helps. I spent 3 HOURS trying to figure what to do. Thankfully, my little brother helped me out... o.o;

Seithecs
09-23-2006, 09:17 PM
actually i already solved it.
major spoilers ahead, not story wise but game play wise, you have been warned

i already talked to him, fixed all the trees and even fought the spider lady thing, and defeated Waka twice, not too mention, fixed like 4 or 5 trees!!! now i have to save the canine something or other dogs, only two left, and i have already learned the water stream brush thing, i should pay more attention...

digiboy123
09-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, saving the dogs is the easiest mission ever. Just follow the canine device, and the map.

Lianjie
09-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Freakin' amazing game, anyone with a PS2 and even a fleeting interest in adventure games should rush out and pick this one up. Unless you're worried about school. In which case, you may want to wait. I bought the game on Friday and I've just been blasting through it so I think I've only got about 1/4 left. Tons of treasure, side-quests, and just plain fun have kept me up till the wee hours in the morning when I should have been sleeping to get up for school on time. I'll probably either finish it tonight or tomorrow *nods*. Ooh, and NG+ looks interesting enough to warrant another run through.

digiboy123
09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I know what you're talking about. @.@; I didn't go to bed until 8 AM this morning. It is soooo addicting.

Duke
09-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I love playing this game. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. Why is it rated T instead of E+10? I mean it isn't that bad of a game. The reason why I'm asking is because my little brother wants to play but mom wont let him cause it T. I just don't get it. But anyway if you haven't gotten this game you need to. It is so fun even thow I have beat it, it is fun to play.

Jadoi
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
The reason it is a "T" rating is because it was an Adult type game. Yes it seem odd, but it was really an adult game.
But instead of putting it as a "NC- 17/M" rating (If there is any in games) they use "T" for teens and over.

digiboy123
09-28-2006, 01:03 PM
That rating is really unnecessary. The game has sake, crude humor and fanatasy violence. I would've gave it an E10+ AT MOST. I doubt most kids even know what sake is.

Unknown Neo
09-28-2006, 04:46 PM
True. But of course, some people just won't shut up with how a game is rated.

Suzaku
10-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I really hope this game sells well enough stateside to convince Clover and Capcom to do a sequel or follow up of some kind to this game, since it didn't sell too well in Japan.

Lianjie
10-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Eh, I'd only want a sequel IF they could produce enough story material to go with it rather than end up with, "Oh look! We made another Okami that was rushed for money's sake!" sort of thing [KOTORII[/cough]]. Then again, the ending itself was kind of far out there already.

Seithecs
10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
hello all, just saying i beat the game a couple of days ago(spoilers ahead), a sequel, i couldn't stand a sequel, i cried when i said good bye to issun, that was good bye! a sequel qould probably suck.

Jadoi
10-06-2006, 07:41 AM
a sequel, i couldn't stand a sequel, i cried when i said good bye to issun, that was good bye! a sequel qould probably suck.

Well, I never played the game till yesterday, though it was just a demo... but it was really worth playing... I mean, it was really cool the you fight by ramming, painting, and do other attacks on the enemy. But a sequel... I kind of agree with Seithecs here.

Lianjie
10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Ah, slightly off topic, but I'm sure you'll all forgive me when you see the tragic news.

The death of Clover Studios ;_; (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159721.html")

This pretty much guarantees that Okami will see no sequel.

Unknown Neo
10-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Someone on another forum said that maybe capcom should just give nintendo their franchises. I like the idea of someone else getting some of the games capcom made/makes. I want viewtiful joe 3!