PDA

View Full Version : EV Training

Yakuza Soul
07-19-2007, 09:02 PM
I need help with Ev training. I sort of get it and I sort of don't. Like If I fight 4 magickarps I will get + 1 for what ever stat they give ..? So in theory if I fight 16 I will get + 3 ?

The Golux
07-19-2007, 09:59 PM
No, the ratio is only 4 EVs to 1 stat point at Level 100. At level 50, it's 8 EVs to a Stat Point, I believe. So for every 4 magikarps you fight, your Pokemon's speed (that's what Magikarp gives) will be one point higher when it gets to L.100. Until then, the increase will be smaller, but with enough EVs there will still be one - it's definitely noticeable by level 40.

Unknown Neo
07-20-2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml
This can help with your EVs. But to quote a penny arcade guy: "I never got past algebra. All I want to do is show people my Pokemons, not build a Goddamn time machine!"
And I agree. It does seem too long and hard to do it.

Yakuza Soul
07-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys. Ya It does seem complicated but I had some more light on the subject in the chat room last night. I gotta master it if I plan to going to the national tourney xD.

Grave
07-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I also have a video explaining Macho Brace. If you want I can post it for you, it's a useful item.

The Golux
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
A *video?*

Grave
07-22-2007, 11:19 AM
A *video?*

Yeah. I'm making a series of videos explaining certain items or features in the game.

daisukanator64
07-27-2007, 08:22 PM
ive got some questions too.
1.do you have to battle the same pokemon four times consecutively like if you battled one graveler once then turn the game off and battle three more then will you gain those ev points

2.if you battle three geodude and one zubat what evs do you get

3. do the ev points add up like 4 graveler=2 points then you level up and then you level up would that add on to any more points at level 100
?

Shadow King
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I can answer two of your questions.

1.) Even after you turn off the game, you keep all of your EVs.

2.) http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/ , Have you like, never heard of Serebii? It's somewhere right above the bottom of the page, "Effort Points from Battling it"

3.) This is the one I don't have an answer for.

jpwong
07-28-2007, 01:51 AM
You can have a Max of 510 EVs TOTAL, with a maximum of 255 EVs in any single category.

Stat gains from EVs are applied gradually over levels, so you may not notice a major gain unless you gain a huge number of EVs in a single level.

At lvl100 every 4 EVs in a category will have increased your stats by 1 point compared to if you hadn't EV trained.

Pamizard
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
What I suggest is that you give the Pokemon you are EV training a Macho brace when its at a very high level that is far from 100. For instance, I am currently EV training my Heatran. So far he has gotten alot of points for all the stats from level 70-75. I think the 70 range is the best spot to ev train the Pokemon. If you plan on doing that, don't give your Pokemon any HP UP, Protein etc, because that is going to prevent you from getting higher stats when you EV train

jpwong
09-13-2007, 06:21 PM
You'll only notice more points if you start at higher levels simply because you end up having to play EV point catch up. If someone went from 0 to 252 EV points in one stat at level 99 and then reached level 100, they'd see a 63+ point boost in a single stat.

And giving your pokemon HP up etc only gives them EV points in a specific area (10 per item to a max of 100 base EV points) so they can really cut down on your trainning time if you use the ones that boost the area you want to train up.