PDA

View Full Version : D/P's third game

Ryo
06-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Seeing as every other generation has had a third game released after the first two versions, it's pretty safe to assume the same will happen for Diamond and Pearl.
Just as Emerald was to Ruby and Saphire
Crystal to Gold and Silver, and Yellow to Red and Blue.

But on every single forum I've been on this topic has been debated over and over and over again.
So what I'm asking is: If there is a third version to accompany D/P in the fourth generation, what kind of additions would you want in the game?

-I for one was disappointed to have rebatteling Gym Leaders pop up in Emerald, then disappear.
It was one of my favorite features in the game and I'd love for it to be brought back.
-Plus, I know there was a shortage of fire types in the game, but really- Why did so many trainers have the starters? I thought it was cool, since they were actual pokemon and weren't really considered as rare as other starters, IMO. But there really wasn't that bad of a need to constantly use them over and over again.
-Redesign the damn male trainer.
-A Sinnoh Battle Frontier would be awesome. Hell I'd be satisfied if they put a boat in the Fight Area and said "HAY WUNNA GO 2 HOENNS BATTLE FRONTEIR?" and just brought back the old one with D/P graphics.

Blackjack Gabbiani
06-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Give us back the Fame Checker. It was invaluable to fanfic writers.

Kuronaruku
06-12-2007, 02:12 AM
-Redesign the damn male trainer.

Yes. the whole Frenchy Beret look makes him look weaker than Ash. Probably the most unpleasant design I've seen.

jpwong
06-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Honestly, you would think that with all the advances in memory, hardware and software, they'd be able to let us pick what we want our trainer to look like for clothing. At the very least give 3 or 4 options for each gender.

Say, the default sprite, Red and 1 or 2 others. There can't be that many animations that these guys use :-\

Sakura
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I would say:

-Fame Checker: It was awesome because you can gather a good amount of information on important characters
-Re-Battle Gym-Leaders: I've never played Emerald before, but that sounds like a cool feature
-Make the PokeRadar and Sinnoh Underground less of a pain in the ass
-Design your trainer (Hey, they had t in BR right? Why not a handheld game?)

So basicly...everything that everyone has already said. Also though I'd like to add that we should get better prizes from the Game Corner. After all, what is a Game Corner without smuggled Pokemon?

It's not really the third game that I'm hyped about, I'd like to see a better spin-off games (Will we EVER get a game playing as Pokemon Nurse? that would be a good game for the DS) and if we don't get a G/S/C re-make after all the little bits and peices of Jhoto in this game... well, I wouldn't be very happy at all.

DtD
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
My wants;

Charater Designer
Battle Frontier
Re-battling Gyms
Allow the Pokeradar to charge, instead of having to take 50 fucking steps every time
Celebi
Underground can be used on WiFi
...I know this would never happen but, wild starters xD

Airdra
06-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I want touch screen support on the Box system. It would be just so much easier to just touch the Pokemon with the stylus and drag them around to where they needed to go. (I say this because my boxes are horribly disorganized right now and the prospect of getting them organized scares me.)

Character customization would also be nice. I feel kind of bad for the guys who are stuck playing as that beret-wearing little dork. XD You can sort of pick what you look like in the Union Room and stuff, but that's not exactly something you actually get to see in the course of your game.

And they need to add in more stuff after the E4. G/S/C were great in that regard, and I'm hoping for a remake (with even MORE stuff added XD).

The Golux
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I may be the only person in the world that likes the male trainer design...

Shadow King
06-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I may be the only person in the world that likes the male trainer design...

No, you're not alone, I like it.

I do want to see character customization in it though. Something else cool would be to be able to change a Keckleon's main color. ;D

jpwong
06-13-2007, 09:48 PM
When you see it from the top down, it's not so bad, but really, what if I want to play as Red? It's not like they shouldn't be able to have at least 2 character options per gender.

Santaskid
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind character selection either, I say selection becuase it would be more practical in a handheld pokemon game than Customization(even as little customization as the recent Yugioh games had it wouldn't be to practical for pokemon due to walking sprites.) But yeah, throw in Red or some random other character design, to choose from and that would be nice.

WyndRyder76
06-14-2007, 12:32 AM
I want touch screen support on the Box system. It would be just so much easier to just touch the Pokemon with the stylus and drag them around to where they needed to go. (I say this because my boxes are horribly disorganized right now and the prospect of getting them organized scares me.)

Character customization would also be nice. I feel kind of bad for the guys who are stuck playing as that beret-wearing little dork. XD You can sort of pick what you look like in the Union Room and stuff, but that's not exactly something you actually get to see in the course of your game.

And they need to add in more stuff after the E4. G/S/C were great in that regard, and I'm hoping for a remake (with even MORE stuff added XD).

I'm not sure about the DS. But in Emerald, you could press the Select button, and the little pointer turns orange and you could select more than one pokemon at a time.

Me?

Rebattling Gymleaders (That's gone?! Why!? T.T)
Battle Frontier
Evolutions for some pokemon *coughspindacough*

shermpmc
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Most of my ideas are the ones you guys've already posted. Rebattling Gym Leaders should have stayed, as well as the Fame Checker.

Evolutions for some pokemon *coughspindacough*

Pandizzy? ^_^

Shadow King
06-14-2007, 10:53 AM
And Kangaskhan. I can't believe they STILL haven'tcom up with the prevo.

Matsuo_Makoto
06-14-2007, 11:02 AM
personally, i hate how they have made almost EVERY single evolution pokemon into a multiple one. I loved how scyther and snorlax were the only evolution, and now scizor and munchlax come along. Muchlax ruins the sleeping part of snorlax and focuses on the eating part. scizor is alright, but i always imagined scyther to be the only evo. Thank god pinsir is still solo.

omegaknight
06-14-2007, 11:09 AM
There's alot of pokemon that could use either pre-evos or new evolutions, they could even add split path evolutions. I agree with what you all said they need to bring back the ablity to rebattle gym leaders, wild starters would be an interesting idea only if they removed gts and added it after the e4. They need bigger maps with more things to re-visit. More after the e4 events. Plus for just one game maybe have all the starters use evolution stones to reach there new evolutions rather then just lvling all the time. As well as an in game iv cheaker for the pokemon on you team, i mean they have a checker for everything else. Finaly they need a better pc with a new search system, because with almost 500 pokemon boxes can get pretty hard to use.

Unknown Neo
06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank god pinsir is still solo.
Personally, I thought it evoed to heracross at first. Would have been kind of cool. And since scyther evoed, I kind of hoped it did. But girl heracross have heart shaped horns. Which is cute.

Anubimon
06-15-2007, 12:17 PM
The big thing I'd like to see improved upon in the next gen is the GTS. At the very least I think it'd be nice if they let you search for people who were seeking a specific Pokemon (i.e., you have a Cyndaquil you want to trade. It'd be nice to see if you could search and see what people were offering in hopes of getting a Cyndaquil). Maybe search for held items too, though I don't really see how practical that'd be.
Otherwise... I've always kinda wanted to be able to customize my trainer. I guess since there's front/back sprites it could be difficult, but at least give a few options for how the trainer looks. I want my lovely R/S/E guy back. ;_;
Re-battleable gyms would be great. At least include an Elite 4 round 2 like was in FR/LG, that was a wonderful feature. Also made getting levels up a lot easier.

Airdra
06-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Oooh, that option on the GTS would be great. Like when I had a surplus of Totodiles I'd bred and was trying to get rid of them; that would have gone more quickly than what I wound up doing--putting them up for trade one at a time.

jpwong
06-15-2007, 05:48 PM
On the GTS idea, they should filter results and allow you to only show based on what you have. That way if you don't have Palika, you won't see the billions of "Bidoof for Palika" type things on the GTS.

Unknown Neo
06-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Ha ha ha. That's funny. Also, that is true. It would be easier. Or maybe typing in what pokemon you want.

Grave
07-02-2007, 08:42 AM
- Custom Trainer (Come on, people love that feature in Battle Revolution)
- Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Orange Islands added.
- Choice of which Custom Trainer to start off with (Ya know, to buy clothes to change them)
- Allow us to start off in a region of our choice.
- Personal Berry Farms
- WiFi Sinnoh Underground and Larger Bases.

Vegito
07-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Isn't pokemon battle revolution the third game??

Grave
07-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Isn't pokemon battle revolution the third game??

No.

It's a separate game.

If you don't get the point it's like this: Red and Blue came out, then they had a third game - Yellow version.

We mean version, Battle Revolution is an entirely different game.

BoktaiFrog
07-02-2007, 11:00 AM
- Custom Trainer (Come on, people love that feature in Battle Revolution)
- Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Orange Islands added.
- Choice of which Custom Trainer to start off with (Ya know, to buy clothes to change them)
- Allow us to start off in a region of our choice.
- Personal Berry Farms
- WiFi Sinnoh Underground and Larger Bases.

Yes! Only reason I don't want it to add Johto or Kanto is because I'm hoping for a G/S/C remake for the DS. If they did that and added Hoenn to the 3rd version, then pokemon would have finally completed the move from GBA to DS.

jpwong
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
If you don't get the point it's like this: Red and Blue came out, then they had a third game - Yellow version.

Technically it was Red and Green, followed by Blue, then Yellow.

But yeah each game series has had a third game that plays the same area as the other two, but tends to have improved graphics, storyline, etc.

For Red/Green/Blue it was Yellow
For Gold/Silver is was Crystal
For Ruby/Saphire it was Emerald

Unknown Neo
07-02-2007, 09:07 PM
And for this pair it will be opal or onyx. There's two great pokemon for it but one of them is already in a movie. So I'm hoping for opal.

Xehanortmon
07-02-2007, 10:46 PM
^ Not to mention Onyx is already a Pokémon in and of itself (Though personally I think Pokémon Obsidian Version sounds coolest). I would like to see custom character stuff, particularly when it comes to Contests (I don't like the way the guy's hair looks with the tux, and I've heard the girl has no neck and the bow is bigger than her head).

I would absolutely love it if they allowed bikes in the Underground. I hate having to walk everywhere. Also having a marker on your Underground map when you encounter one of those sphere trading guys so you don't have hunt them down every time. I also hate the giant boulders in my base, what with so few people nearby who own one of the games (my best friend has it, but his base is on that island you can only reach after the E4, and I'm trying to level up my guys before I take 'em on).

The Golux
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
The hikers are always in the same places. GameFAQs has a map that shows where they all are and tells what they trade (Goods, Traps, or buy Treasures).

Unknown Neo
07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Thank you. I now will talk about it being Opal or Obsidian. Although that one does seems like a big word for a title. But it is a good second choice.

Dorumon
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
cum in the asshole

Snix
07-08-2007, 03:30 AM
I personally wouldn't mind if they sbuffed the whole '3rd game' idea dn instead spent more time woking on either

a) A G/S/C remake (but it has to be D/P quality, not R/S/E)

0r

b) A whole new game like... a paths game. Like, you can choose what region you start in, and depending on what choices you make early on in the game, you get a differnt ending (sort of like Fable but much more advanced). Like, in the R/B/Y games, the Rocket Grunt at the end of the nugget bridge asks you to join Team Rocket. Man, the first time I played Blue version, I almost flipped as I was reading that. Before my character says no by itself, I was given the impression that I was gonna be a Rocket, but nooooo.

You should also be able to do something after the Pokemon Leage, and I'm talking something big like maybe becoming a gym leader, and eventually advancing to become an Elite 4 member. It always puzzled me that after beating the games Champion just once, you become the new one... I mean, does that mean that sice ash beat Brock he's the new Pewter Gym gymleader? No, it does not. You should have to earn lots of ranks to even be considered as the champion, and when you do becom Champion, you shouldn't have to go and beat the elite 4 again to become the Champion again.

Maybe the game could have lots of mini quests that needed to be done, like taken directly from the show, and Brock and Misty followed you or something cool like that. What i'm saying is, I want the game that i imagined as a young biy growing up...

well, that's my 2 cents.

jpwong
07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
b) A whole new game like... a paths game. Like, you can choose what region you start in, and depending on what choices you make early on in the game, you get a differnt ending (sort of like Fable but much more advanced).

I'm not sure if that's possible given the limited memory size of a DS cartridge (which I'm told is 128MB). At best you'd probably get something like GS where once you defeat your current region you'll be able to partake in another nearby region.

Betterthanumon
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I also wonder what Pokemon'll be on the Box Art. I was thinking Arceus once.

the pokemon on the box would probably be Giratina, considering the whole groudon-kyogre-rayquaza trio they had in the last games

Matsuo_Makoto
07-09-2007, 08:15 AM
I also wonder what Pokemon'll be on the Box Art. I was thinking Arceus once.

the pokemon on the box would probably be Giratina, considering the whole groudon-kyogre-rayquaza trio they had in the last games
thats what i was thinking. Either him or darkrai.

Ryo
07-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Only problem with that theory is that neither Darkrai nor Giratina are in the National Dex.
Which leads many fans to think that Mespirit (Or was it Azelf?) to be the third box legendary, since he's in the National Dex.

Matsuo_Makoto
07-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Only problem with that theory is that neither Darkrai nor Giratina are in the National Dex.
Which leads many fans to think that Mespirit (Or was it Azelf?) to be the third box legendary, since he's in the National Dex.
my reason for thinking its darkrai is mainly because of that new movie with him, palkia, and dialga in it. The fighting reminded me of the groudon and kyogre fighting and rayquaza came to brake it up. (to me the DP equivalent of rayquaza is giranta, and thats my only reason as to why he would be it instead of darkrai, but w/e)

Websurfer145
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Perhaps, however, I doubt Darkrai would ever become that common, as if it became the mascot Pokemon of the third game of this generation, it should be available in the game without any special items or events needed. Rayquaza and Suicune were both easily obtainable (well, Suicune, not so much, damn wandering Pokemon). Giratina on the other hand can be caught after the Elite Four are beaten easily, and also, with how both Dialga and Palkia are part Dragons, Giratina would fit in.

The anime has influenced the games sometimes, but shoving Darkrai into the Dialga and Palkia legend was somewhat... messy. Then again, its not like the anime or the movies have ever been of all that high quality anyway.

Anyway, my main arguement against Darkrai being the mascot Pokemon is that it will likely remain a rare event Pokemon more than anything else. If only though...

Master-Element
07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
How many times do I have to say this.
In R/S/E They had a Theme
Land, Water, Sky
Groudon= Land
Kyogre= Water
Rayquaza= Sky

In this game they also have a theme
Dailga the Time ruling Pokemon
Palkia the Space ruling Pokemon
Time and space make up the universe

Giratina is said the be from another world and even the ruler of it. It is the Renagade Pokemon so it goes againest the others. And makes it related to the theme.
In this game they have a theme for the Gem pokemon
Diamond= Dialga
Pearl= Palkia

Dialga's name is partially derived from Diamond
While Palkia is partially derived from Pearl

Giratina's name is derived from the word guillotine and a kind of opal, I believe the blood opal.

So it fits the pattern regardless if its not in the national dex

Shadow King
07-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Shut up DB. Everyone knows that.

And to correct you: A guillotine is something that was used in olden times for beheadings. It was a big tall contraption that had a blade on a track, and when someone's head was placed underneath it, you can imagine what happens.

And the opal you tried tying in, done incorrectly, is girasol, commonly called fire opal or blue opal, depending on the variation.

Please - before you make a post, find things out. Just because there was a pattern in the last Generation doesn't mean anything. If we were following trends, we would be able to get to Johto and Kanto in R/S/E.

The Golux
07-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't see anything he said that was wrong, Dusk. And the reasons you can't import from GSC to RSE, because of changes in the game's mechanics that would have been too hard to work around and changes in the hardware associated with link trading, were strictly mechanical; there was no plot reason.

Master-Element
07-09-2007, 11:29 PM

And to correct you: A guillotine is something that was used in olden times for beheadings. It was a big tall contraption that had a blade on a track, and when someone's head was placed underneath it, you can imagine what happens.

And the opal you tried tying in, done incorrectly, is girasol, commonly called fire opal or blue opal, depending on the variation.

Please - before you make a post, find things out. Just because there was a pattern in the last Generation doesn't mean anything. If we were following trends, we would be able to get to Johto and Kanto in R/S/E.

How about you shut up. My points a valid and if everyone knows that then why has no one said so before me
except unknown neo but he didn't tie that to Giratina.
And I just forgot that it was fire opal, and was just unable to find proper confirmation.

Pokemon has ways stuck to patterns new and old.
And in correctly fortelling nintendo's next moves (which includes Pokemon) I have a long track record.
Also you don't ever see me trashing other people's theories

Matsuo_Makoto
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Although i still think girantina will most likely be the mascot, im also wondering if lucario will be in anything specific to the game. Players seemed to get him very easily in the game, and i always thought he would be a little more important than just getting an egg from some guy.

Anubimon
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM

Perhaps a one generation trend isn't enough for a definitive conclusion, but Giratina certainly seems to be the most logical choice for the mascot of a third game. He was clearly intended to compliment Dialga and Palkia.
Compare the moves learned upon level up for all three of them. They're mostly the same with only a few differences in between. Also look at the base stats, they all use the same numbers in different orders, much like the Eeveelutions: 90, 120, 100, 150, 120, 100.
So that + the naming scheme would certainly suggest he'd be a mascot of the third game like Rayquaza, and perhaps with more story expanded upon his presence.

One thing that I'm interested about is if you'd catch Dialga and Palkia in a third game? I kinda had the thought that you might take on both in a double battle, and after one was KO'd you'd be able to catch the other.

Dorumon
07-10-2007, 03:35 PM
ass shit

Master-Element
07-10-2007, 04:13 PM
But you can only get Darkia in an event, and I doubt they will make it so he's the legendary you can exclusively get through an event in the third game. like Mew was in emerald. Besides if the do that in the third game, It should be Celebii, he is still missing, unless you live in japan and/or had the Japanese Colosseum bonus disc, and a Japanese GBA game.

shermpmc
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I say Pachirisu should be the 3rd one. *smacked*

Actually, I'm where Dorumon stands, but Darkrai and Giratina seems a bit more unlikely due to what Ryo pointed out: they're not in the National Dex. D:

Dorumon
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Ryo!

Ryo
07-10-2007, 04:57 PM
>_>

Say things outloud first, Dorumon.

Unknown Neo
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Wait? What about me? I tie giratina to the games since he's gem named, he's ghost dragon, and he seems like something that would fit. Plus opal is easier for everyone to say then the gem for darkrai earlier in the topic.

Matsuo_Makoto
07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Girantina seems like a pretty good choice but when I think of theNew Pokemon Movie, Palkia vs Dialga vs Darkrai, It seems to me that that's maybe a hint that Darkrai could be it. In my opinion, the top 3 are Girantina, Darkrai and Possibly Arceus.
wow how could we forget arceus? I dont exactly know what the game version would be called, but that seems like an interesting choice for a mascot.

jpwong
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Girantina seems like a pretty good choice but when I think of theNew Pokemon Movie, Palkia vs Dialga vs Darkrai, It seems to me that that's maybe a hint that Darkrai could be it. In my opinion, the top 3 are Girantina, Darkrai and Possibly Arceus.
wow how could we forget arceus? I dont exactly know what the game version would be called, but that seems like an interesting choice for a mascot.

Problem is Arceus is also an event only Pokemon in DP. It would defeat the purpose of being an event item (requireing something from Nintendo to activate without cheating) if the followup game of the same generation made it the in game capture legendary.

Dorumon
07-10-2007, 09:25 PM
dweeeeeeeeeeebz

Ryo
07-10-2007, 10:27 PM
It being an event pokemon makes it impossible for it to be a box Pokemon.
Charizard & Blastoise were available in R/B
Ho-oh and Lugia were available in G/S
Etc.
And God/Hedgehog and the Ghost are all event pokemon meaning they're not available in-game. End of story.

So out of the candidates that leaves Giratina. Whom you can't even obtain until AFTER you beat the elite four and get the national dex.
So either the third box legend will be one of the Legendary trio (Following the G/S/C patter- which would make sense seeing as how many references there are to G/S/C/Johto in D/P) or the story expands AFTER the national dex. Which I don't really see happening, but eh, I guess it could.

Websurfer145
07-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Or they can simply adjust the plot a little, so that instead of Palkia or Dialga being summoned by Cyrus, instead Giratina gets summoned at Spear Pillar. Sure, the Sinnon creation legend mentions only time and space, but they could just alter it a little. Rayquaza didn't really matter at all in Ruby/Sapphire, though one could still find him somewhat easily, and then in Emerald, the player had to go to the Sky Pillar and wake up Rayquaza so it could stop Groudon and Kyogre from destroying the world, making it a necessary part of the plot.

And even making Arceus available through a "super duper quest" would still make him too common, like completely filling up the National Pokedex (short of the other rare event Pokemon), considering how Pokemon fans are somewhat obsessed (with how many Pokemon are EV trained these days and all).

And it could just be one of the Psychics too for that matter, considering how Suicune ended up as the mascot legendary during the G/S years. One of them, Mesprit, I think, almost seems to have a strange bond with the player character, given how the player character's home town is near its lake.

Unless they make it so that you'd have to player through another mostly unrelated game to get Arceus, like how one had to play through Pokemon Ranger to get Manaphy (which I actually bought for that purpose only). More profits that way, but Manaphy's still not that great compared to Arceus, so I doubt it. Though that did sorta work with Lugia and Ho-oh in the Gamecube games.

jpwong
07-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Although it's not currently very far into the DP saga, you could probably look at the Manga for indications of just who the third game will feature once they get around to that point.

Websurfer145
07-11-2007, 02:59 AM
It depends on how far they'll go. It might take them a year or two to get that far, given how most of the main character's (mis)adventures seem to be the mundane gym, contest or other random stuff, though Team Galactic has started showing up. But even with three storylines going simultaneously, it'll still take them a while. They haven't even named the Lady yet, as the name of the third game is unknown.

And the manga plot can diverge a lot from the actual games. Like how the Regis played a much bigger role in the R/S manga plot than the games'. Not to mention the almost ridiculous plot device at the very end of that saga.

Though the fact that the manga already has three main characters is pretty much already a sign that there'll be a third game.

jpwong
07-11-2007, 07:31 AM
It might just take them a year or two to put out anothe game. Emerald came out 2 years after R/S, I believe that Yellow was released 2+ years after R/G/B. Crystal was the only one that came out a mere year after the G/S games.

The Golux
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I really don't see how it could be anyone other than Giratina or maybe Arceus. They're both national-dex, yes, but the national dex in this game is nowhere near as much of a restriction as it was before - you can catch national pokemon all over sinnoh once you have it, and can trade them in any time you want. You can already get Giratina after you have the national dex anyway, so that part wouldn't even have to change. It would just show up earier (in a non-combat or non-catchable role) and be more relevant to the plot. As for Arceus, it could likewise show up earlier in a plot-relevant and noncombat role, and it really wouldn't be hard to alter the plot so that the azure flute was given to you in-game at some point (and if it was, you could then mystery-gift the flute to your friends with Diamond and Pearl).

Unknown Neo
07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Now if they had a real big XD like game for the Wii then maybe arceus would fit. If it was a really big game.

Websurfer145
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
True, Emerald came out two years after Ruby and Sapphire, however, FireRed and Leafgreen were released in the gap between R/S and Emerald, so that there was a new GBA Pokemon almost every year. With the original generation, Yellow came out so late because that was only the first generation and nobody expected Pokemon to be such a big hit, and the anime had to build up momentum, not to mention that Blue came out too.

Of course, I'm still hoping this means G/S remakes in the meantime, unless it ends up like with G/S then Crystal.

jpwong
07-11-2007, 11:15 PM
A new game came out, but not of the same generation. FR/LG are remakes with added content, but did little to touch on the storyline of R/S.

It's plausable that whatever DP's third game is will not only let you play though the DP saga, but also include gamefreak's version of a GS remake as an after Sinnoh bonus given the number of in game hints that point towards the Johto region.

Unknown Neo
07-12-2007, 09:39 PM
That would be interesting. Being able to go back to that old area. How is the pokemon world set up?
Kanto is near Johto. Houen is across water and it seems so is Shinno. So would you take a boat? Could you somehow get to Kanto or would that train be not working?

jpwong
07-13-2007, 12:06 AM
I can't recall exactly how it works, but if you look at the original Kanto region, Johto is set to the west of it and is a single land mass with both regions. Not sure on Hoenn's actual location, but Sinnoh is located North of Kanto and appears for all intents and purposes to be an island that is only reachable by boat.

Anubimon
07-13-2007, 12:37 AM
I can't recall exactly how it works, but if you look at the original Kanto region, Johto is set to the west of it and is a single land mass with both regions. Not sure on Hoenn's actual location, but Sinnoh is located North of Kanto and appears for all intents and purposes to be an island that is only reachable by boat.

I believe Hoenn is supposed to be located southwest of Johto, and would probably also only be reachable by boat.

Sad that no game was announced at E3, though I guess it is perhaps too soon. I'd still lean toward GS remakes appearing by itself before the third DP game, like FRLG in between RS and E... But who knows? Hopefully we'll hear something new at the TGS later this year.

jpwong
07-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Sad that no game was announced at E3, though I guess it is perhaps too soon. I'd still lean toward GS remakes appearing by itself before the third DP game, like FRLG in between RS and E... But who knows? Hopefully we'll hear something new at the TGS later this year.

I don't know what the sales charts for DP look like right now, but if DP is still doing good sales, it wouldn't make sense to announce another game at this time. Plus, if the sequal is to contain the followup area like in Emerald with the Battle Frontier, you wouldn't see a game announcement until closer to the end of the DP anime season so that they don't give away the next "area" too far in advance by accident.

Ryo
07-16-2007, 11:22 PM
And by wanting to keep Pokemon game sales up, but not reveal the next area after Sinnoh (Battle Frontierish, I mean.) leads them to a possible GSC remake to fill the gap. =D

That, or a spin off game.....And we do already have the second set of Mysterious Dungeon games.....Shoot.
But after all the hints of Johto in D/P, I really see a GSC remake coming before we get the third game in the D/P series. Of course, this really belongs in the G/S Remake thread....Meh.

lost in thought
07-17-2007, 03:42 AM
"And by wanting to keep Pokemon game sales up, but not reveal the next area after Sinnoh (Battle Frontierish, I mean.) leads them to a possible GSC remake to fill the gap."
I like that completely baseless assumption that that leads to the possibility of remakes. Assuming they even continue doing the 3 games per generation deal --which I personally believe is rather pointless, past Crystal. Considering the Battle Frontier was woefully unimpressive and confusing-- it's very much unlikely related to sales in its whole to contribute to the value of releasing remakes.

While money does, often, take precedence, Nintendo isn't sore enough for money that it would throw together remakes for the purpose of holding up Pokemon sales in the US, with both Diamond and Pearl holding good sales figures, and hitting fantastic figures back on their initial release, as well as the recent Battle Revolution release, which I imagine has sold well.

Really, this only brings a few things one can deduce Nintendo would turn to for making these remakes come into fruition. The first of which, to make more money; which I am sure they would definitely do, and be a major incentive to doing it, as opposed to profit margin maintenance.

Secondly, because it's ultimately necessary, due to the lack of being able to attain many of the Pokemon specific to those titles that were not ported into diamond/pearl; however while necessary to being able to collect these, it wouldn't specifically make it guaranteed.

Lastly, because I imagine there are a lot of fans out there who want them to be remade for the DS. Fans who would appreciate such a thing in the wake of the original games remakes. This plays right into the first interest, actually; keeping an ear to fan interests and demands, and seeing a a large enough amount of such to validate it would ultimately mean that if they do it, they stand to be bleeding money from the investment.

"That, or a spin off game.....And we do already have the second set of Mysterious Dungeon games.....Shoot."
Nintendo has done more than enough spin-offs at this point. We're *just* going onto 2 years into the release of XD, we've *just* gotten Battle Revolution, we're just getting into a year from the release of both Mystery Dungeon AND Ranger, and a few months pulled out from Diamond and Pearl. I don't think the community is hurting just yet for something new, especially considering you mentioned the Mystery Dungeon follow-up, which is on the way.

Two years isn't very far into a games life-cycle, considering, unless a company gets lazy, it takes that long or longer, and usually within the comfort zone of 3-4 years, to actually make a game of any reasonable size, or longer. So we're sitting in a point where we've got 5 Pokemon branded titles out, new, and one of which not even out of diapers yet; and one still on the way (discounting sets in the total count, mind.)

Also, didn't your momma ever tell you it's improper to start a sentence with a conjunction? lol.

Anubimon
07-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Secondly, because it's ultimately necessary, due to the lack of being able to attain many of the Pokemon specific to those titles that were not ported into diamond/pearl; however while necessary to being able to collect these, it wouldn't specifically make it guaranteed.

Maybe I misread this line, but it's not really necessary for a GS remake in order to complete the PokeDex. Every Johto Pokemon is available except for the starters and the legends, which is also the case for Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon in DP. The starters and legends are a bit more difficult to obtain then Kanto/Hoenn ones, granted, since they're mainly bonuses in RSE/FRLG or in the GC games, but they're obtainable nonetheless.

lost in thought
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe I misread this line, but it's not really necessary for a GS remake in order to complete the PokeDex. Every Johto Pokemon is available except for the starters and the legends, which is also the case for Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon in DP. The starters and legends are a bit more difficult to obtain then Kanto/Hoenn ones, granted, since they're mainly bonuses in RSE/FRLG or in the GC games, but they're obtainable nonetheless.

I honestly don't know what is available, but, starters and legendaries are Pokemon as well; thus we're up to a handful. And, as well, just because they're obtainable through the GC games doesn't mean they're really 'available'. That's like saying Surfing Pikachu was available in Yellow, when it was more or less a prize from Stadium, if I am remembering correctly. Or that Mew is available because you can get him through a glitch.

Then there's the difficulty inherent to finding certain Pokemon at the forefront of the situation. D/P is literally a mess of Pokemon from the other games, while also trying to squeeze in all the Pokemon created for them specifically; this creates some issues with the availability comparatively to that of G/S/C.
Fire Red and Leaf Green not only remade and updated the original games for the long-staying and new audiences, but also made catching/finding them easier in the long-run, due to the game being almost entirely devoted to the original Pokemon; but also allowing you to collect some which weren't 'freely available' and importing them into your game of choice.

The point being, that not only connectivity is the issue which could spurn on the push for remakes, but it also does a lot to relieve the monotony of trying to find these bum-fuck Pokemon in D/P. And now that I think more about it, I could see remakes of the G/S/C generation heading as the last swan song to the GBA, which is currently slowly being allowed to die of natural causes for the most part, as opposed to actual DS remakes, since I can see little and no point to actually doing the latter, when the GBA games can still connect to a certain degree with the DS games.

Excuse me if this was hard to understand, as I just woke up. lol.

Grave
07-18-2007, 08:09 PM
My Theory: Chances are there will be a G/S/C Remake for the DS.

Supporting Evidence Number One: Lots of fans want it.
Supporting Evidence Number Two: New Official Game Artwork of the Johto Gym Leaders is being released.

Shadow King
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Supporting Evidence Number Two: New Official Game Artwork of the Johto Gym Leaders is being released.

Oh, do you have a link?! (Sorry, GS fanboy coming back.)

Grave
07-18-2007, 08:15 PM

Oh, do you have a link?! (Sorry, GS fanboy coming back.)

No, all I know is, new art will be released for the Johto season of the Pokemon TCG League. Since there are also new badge designs, we may also see new badge art for Johto. But this makes me wonder, Johto is finally making an appearance after all these years?

Pamizard
09-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I would like the E4 to have an improvement after you beat them for the fist time. After you get the National Pokedex, you can refight them, but they have 6 Pokemon of the type that they are. Flint should have more fire Pokemon since he only had Rapidash and Infernape

I'd also like to see all three legendaries Diagla Palkia and Giratina caught in it. Giratina should be the third version's main Pokemon. This could be similar like in Emerald that you can find groudon and Kyrogre after you beat the Game for the first time

DarkTamer Steph
09-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Girasol, definitely. Mascot being Giratina (for multiple reasons already stated here)

They could fit it in as the third game by having minor appearances by Giratina during Team Galactic's little conquest, like have him appear every-so-often whenever they catch one of the pixies. Not to battle, just for the player to spot out, but it like fades away like it wasn't there or teleports or something. (getting "What was that horrible thing?!" and "What Pokemon could *that* have been??")

Then at the top of Mt. Coronet after your final battle with Cyrus, where there are BOTH of the Legendary Dragons instead of just one. They break free from Cyrus on their own accord, like usual, and the Pixies calm them down. You and your rival double battle them, but they flee mid-battle when things look good for you. Out of battle, a cinematic like in Emerald when Kyogre and Groudon were fighting. It shows the player and rival standing in front of the two Dragons, and we hear Giratina's cry; he's standing on the pillar right behind them- They flee, leaving Giratina standing there. The internal clock-dealy that makes it daytime or nighttime, and the different shades of the day stop working and everything turns grey-

Cyrus comments who the Pokemon is, Giratina, and Mesprit makes one last return- healing your Pokemon before flying off. (I think that's what happens in the regular game, it heals you... oh well) you battle the Ghost/Dragon, who flees. Since you don't have the National Dex, you can't go find him. Proceed with game as normal, with basic gym battle upgrades and Fame Checker via Emerald and LG/FR.

W00t, awesome stuff goin on there.

But as cool as that would be, I would seriously be getting ticked about all the freakin' fleeing. lmao

::EDIT::

And DEAR LORD, make Rotom a higher level!!!

The Golux
09-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Why make it at a higher level?

DarkTamer Steph
09-15-2007, 02:06 PM
lol ignore that part, I was tired and going through my boxes and realized he was only level 15. I wasn't thinkin right and for half a second thought he was a legendary.

Unknown Neo
09-15-2007, 09:02 PM
You know, Steph. That sounded great. And workable. But we'd probably call it Opal. Sounds better.

DarkTamer Steph
09-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah, probably. We'd have a bunch of little kids running around screaming "Girasool" or "Grasol".

And I have a big imagination when it comes to stuff like that :)

Unknown Neo
09-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, it is called the fire opal. And that's why they named it that. Plus, it may be one of my favorite pokemon. It just doesn't really look like a pokemon.

Master-Element
09-17-2007, 01:12 AM
As to a Remake of GSC you forgot that jasmine is it the last Gym town from the johto region, and says something about Gog there or something like you should visit. (not saying you can transfer your character there)
even if that's not to significant

Toko Tamer
10-03-2007, 09:37 AM
As to a Remake of GSC you forgot that jasmine is it the last Gym town from the johto region, and says something about Gog there or something like you should visit. (not saying you can transfer your character there)

Actually, she's the 6th. The final Johto Gym Leader is Clair.

DarkTamer Steph
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Actually, she's the 6th. The final Johto Gym Leader is Clair.

I think that Digi-Brigade's post was meaning that Jasmine, from the Johto Region, is in the last Gym Town that you go to in Sinnoh.

Jasmine is kind of a staple for some reason though, connecting the newer games to Tohjo...

In Ruby and Sapphire, when you did a contest, she was in the audience..

And no that wasn't a misspelling, Tohjo is the continent that the regions Johto and Kanto are on.

lost in thought
10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
You know, not only have I never heard of such a continent existing in the realm of the videogames, I also find no conclusive information to suggest that it does either. After a series of searches and reading a great deal of information upon the subject matter, the only result I can find, which is one I was already well aware of having played the games, is that the waterfall that separates the two areas from one another holds this name.

Realistically the name of a waterfall, or landmass, or what have you, doesn't usually indicate the name of the continent itself that the area resides. And in this context it makes sense that it wouldn't, considering it's suggested that it's a portmanteau of both of the regions names in which it separates.

Alternatively, if this is the case in the comic series, or alternate media such as the television series (which admittedly I am only vaguely familiar with the comics, and only familiar enough with the cartoon that I've watched the first four seasons dubbed before calling it quits for awhile) it holds little and no bearing towards the logistics of the videogames themselves. considering, as we know, there tend to be differences associated between the two, such as area locations (two that come to mind being Battle Tower, and Mt. Silver/Shirogane.)

jpwong
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I've read Pokespecial (manga based directly on the games), and I don't recall them mentioning the continent name anywhere in the vols I have.

Toko Tamer
10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Well, I've never heard of of Tohjo being the actually name of the land mass Kanto and Johto reside on, however it is in fact the name of the waterfall that separates the two regions.

So where did you find such information DarkTamer? Because being the huge Pokemon freak I am, if this were official information I'm sure I would of come across this many times on a place like Bulbapedia or somewhere...

lost in thought
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
@Toko:
Kinda redundant to reiterate a point I've already made. Also, I am lead to believe that after more research, either it's misinformation on the part of another party, or alternatively, an assumption based upon the waterfall.

I say this because, in spite of the opening redundancy, you make a good point, that if it were the case Bulbapedia (one of the more well rounded information resources I find, compared to Wikipedia. Albeit light on actual context for a good many things, including this) would have elaborated upon that similarly as they had with the Battle Tower's location.

Toko Tamer
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I apologize lost, I was in a slight hurry at the time of posting and didn't get the chance to read through your whole post.

DarkTamer Steph
10-04-2007, 12:11 AM
...Wow where the hell did I think I read that before?

Nevermind lmao I was wrong-o.

Actually I think I just stated that in one of my fanfics me and a buddy teamed up on, but I thought I had read it in an official dealy before.

My bad!

Elrade
10-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I personally think that they should bring back the Colosseum characters in a sidequest. Seriously, Wes was the best hero in any Pokmon game. The guy is badass. That steely gaze, that confident smirk, that awesome Snag Machine... He could probably beat Red in one second. Also, he'd make the anime a whole lot better... As long as they give him a voice that's cool. Like Shadow the Hedgehog's non-4Kids voice. I mean, look at the guy! I can just see him and his team of Pokmon handing a severe beatdown to Team Galactic or even Arceus!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/7d/Colosseum_Wes_3D.png

Here's what his team should be if he appeared in the anime: Gallade, Scizor(His first ever Pokmon in the show), Houndoom, Nidoking, Froslass, and Luxray.

Edited: You do not hotlink/display images from other peoples servers. -- lost

The Golux
10-14-2007, 12:52 PM
No, yannow, Espeon and Umbreon? His Actual Starters?

Elrade
10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
No, yannow, Espeon and Umbreon? His Actual Starters?
No. Scizor just suits him better. Besides, they take liberties with a LOT of characters in the anime. I mean, Ash started with Pikachu instead of the normal three. Why not do a re-make of Colosseum where he starts with Scyther and Nidorino?

Raider
10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Because they're too bad-ass to be cute baby starters -_^

Elrade
10-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Because they're too bad-ass to be cute baby starters -_^
Does he LOOK like he'd have cute baby starters to you? I don;t think so. He looks more like the kind of guy who'd start with something that kicks ass.

Raider
10-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Ah, flawed thinking in it's purest form.

That aside, Pokemon has always sent it's characters off with sweet little things that eventually evolve into something tougher. All the good looks in the world won't save him from that little tradition.

Elrade
10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Ah, flawed thinking in it's purest form.

That aside, Pokemon has always sent it's characters off with sweet little things that eventually evolve into something tougher. All the good looks in the world won't save him from that little tradition.
Then he'd start with Nidoran male.

Shadow King
10-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Elrade, give it up. This isn't even on topic.

Real topic: D/P's third game. I don't think it exists. I don't think it will exist. ;D K.

Master-Element
10-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Elrade, give it up. This isn't even on topic.

Real topic: D/P's third game. I don't think it exists. I don't think it will exist. ;D K.

Your kiding yourself if you really think that,of course its going to happen. Pokemon has yet to break from its well established traditions. Not to mention that the franchise is still very much alive, way more then digimon(Much as it hurts to say it)

Websurfer145
10-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Yeah, its almost guaranteed that there'll be a third game of the D/P generation. Its barely been a year since D/P came out in Japan (give or take a month), so its not like its that long of a drought, long enough for people to think that there won't be a third D/P companion game.

If you want to talk longshots, a Gold/Silver remake is still wishful thinking at best, though there's some code in D/P that seems to support an eventual G/S remake, but that's still wishful thinking mainly.... at the moment. If by the 2008 E3 or TGS there's still no sign, then it might be hopeless.

Shadow King
10-29-2007, 03:27 PM
People... You all need to take a chill pill. I was kidding. Of course there is going to be a third one. The only reason I said that was because, one, the topic needed to get on track, two, we still have no evidence of a third.

Anywho... I hope that they do make a G/S remake. We NEED it.

GENO FOR BRAWL!

DarkTamer Steph
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Remember, for Ruby and Sapphire, we got Leaf Green and Fire Red before we saw Emerald, so a third D/P could be far away.

Eimon
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Out of curiosity, was there a third game for FR/LG? I kept expecting to see Thunder Yellow or Sea Blue or something, but never did.

Master-Element
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
No there wasnt which makes me think they wont be remaking Crystal even if they do Remake G/S

Shadow King
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Says who, DB? Just because something happened once doesn't mean it will the rest of the series; When they added 100 new Pokemon to the roster, it wasn't 100 for every following generation, but a different number.

Keep in mind, people, that just because something becomes a trend doesn't mean it will last forever, and things tend to change. Other wards, how and why would people be walking around with their pants below their asses? Only because of slight changes did that happen.

And also, when/if the third game is released, would you want them to change the appearance of the protagonists? Personally, I like the way the boy looks, but it's my opinion.

Unknown Neo
10-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Maybe switch the beret but they have to have a third game. Giratina has to be on a cover. It's looks so much not like pokemon and it's types are awesome. It could be my favorite of the three. Darkrai would work too though.

Master-Element
10-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Says who, DB?

Note how I said Makes me think, so no one says, its what I think.
I think that Giratina is the only choice, and so what if he is not in the national dex, look at Darkia he's an event only pokemon. So he has way less chance then Giratina, plus Giratina has all the things that make him appear to by the third game pokemon. A Ruling pokemon(other world ruling) he is a dragon plus a another type, and his name has to do with a jewel. And what does Darkia have like that(note that I said like that. as in theme), that makes him a canidate, other then the last movie?

DarkTamer Steph
10-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Out of curiosity, was there a third game for FR/LG? I kept expecting to see Thunder Yellow or Sea Blue or something, but never did.

Actually, since the FR/LG games were just remakes, it would make sense NOT to have the third game in that series...

Maybe they should just clear up the G/S thing by remaking Crystal, we'd get our G/S fix AND the extra junk.

Unknown Neo
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Someone already said of a jewel that could work for Darkrai. It's in the topic somewhere. But like I said, the ghost dragon will be it. Because it is not much like any real pokemon. Darkrai would work though. Like a second place prize.

Websurfer145
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM

Actually, since the FR/LG games were just remakes, it would make sense NOT to have the third game in that series...

Maybe they should just clear up the G/S thing by remaking Crystal, we'd get our G/S fix AND the extra junk.

Nah, when they remade FireRed/LeafGreen, they also split up the 150 original Pokemon among the games, so that if you wanted all of the original Kanto 150, you'd need to buy both games. Same with Emerald, it had a lot of Pokemon, but was still missing Hoen Pokemon that were exclusive either to Diamond or Pearl.

So, if/when they make a G/S rmake, it'll be both G/S and skip Crystal.

And even if Giratina isn't in the regular Sinnoh dex, maybe you can only get it after you get the National Dex in the third game, as one couldn't catch Rayquaztl in Emerald until after the climax.

And yeah, Darkrai's too rare to be the title Pokemon of a game, unfortunately.

DarkTamer Steph
10-31-2007, 12:18 AM

Nah, when they remade FireRed/LeafGreen, they also split up the 150 original Pokemon among the games, so that if you wanted all of the original Kanto 150, you'd need to buy both games. Same with Emerald, it had a lot of Pokemon, but was still missing Hoen Pokemon that were exclusive either to Diamond or Pearl.

So, if/when they make a G/S rmake, it'll be both G/S and skip Crystal.

And even if Giratina isn't in the regular Sinnoh dex, maybe you can only get it after you get the National Dex in the third game, as one couldn't catch Rayquaztl in Emerald until after the climax.

And yeah, Darkrai's too rare to be the title Pokemon of a game, unfortunately.

Yeah, but also, in FR/LG, you could catch Pokémon that weren't found in Ruby or Sapphire.

I don't think there's any Pokémon that you can't find that are originally from the Johto games, nix the Legendary Pokémon.

A complete G/S remake would be better, both for the fun of consumers and for profitable reasons to Nintendo (see: "Gold and Silver remakes are the biggest fan-wanted Pokémon games out there"), and that's what they would do if anything, but I think that it would be way better for my wallet if they just remade ONE Johto game. Either Crystal, Gold or Silver. Preferably Silver, because I fell in love with that game.

jpwong
10-31-2007, 06:40 AM
If they do do a remake, it would undoubtedly be both Gold and Silver. It makes sense since those were the two flagship games of that generation, much like how Red and Green were the first two original japanese Pokemon games released.

Even if Silver did do exceptionally better than Gold, I don't think that they'd give up the opertunity to make people want both games.

4gotmyoldusername
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
And Kangaskhan. I can't believe they STILL haven'tcom up with the prevo.

Haha yeah really, there is a great idea for one sitting in Khangaskan's pouch...

Yeah all we need is for every pokemon to have at least 2 evolutions and 1 prevolution i.e. Charmander: prevolution, Sparker (lol made it up); 2 Evolutions, Charmeleon, Charizard. or something like that (LMAO Sparker, sounds cute =]).

Eimon
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Actually (unless something has changed with D/P), even with prevolutions, no Pokemon so far evolves more than twice. There may be branch evolutions, but no single Pokemon ever has more than three forms (not counting Transform ^u^).

I think the whole "prevolution" thing came up when G/S revealed that some of the Pokemon we had before (like Pikachu) were actually evolved. I'm guessing the term only came up because the card game had previously established those as base-level Pokemon (again, that's just a guess). In fact, it seemed to me like they were moving towards making it the norm for Pokemon to have three stages.

The Golux
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Actually, the Prevolutions/Babies are different in another way too: No pokemon that evolves into a previously-existing pokemon can breed.

Before D/P, they couldn't be found in the wild either, but that's obviously been changed.