PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist

Metalgarurumon
04-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Does anyone else watch this?
I saw it on TV today and it seemed like a pretty sweet show.

Vande
04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
I've watched FMA and i get the manga as well - i love the series

lost in thought
04-21-2007, 09:25 AM
@ Vande:
You moved it just so you could mention the manga, didn't you? XD

@ Metalgarurumon:
It's much more sweet than you could know. It deals heavily with religious interpretation, the feelings of guilt, loss, betrayal, and an overwhelming sense of determination; now while it's steeped quite readily into fantasy, there's a lot of truth to it. And while it turns quite a bit differently than the author had penned it, what really surprises me most about it is just how amazing the team responsible were able to make it.

I've seen my fair share of shows over the years, and I've never seen a show like it before. Good times. I am in the process of getting the funds together to buy up every volume in one fell swoop.

Vande
04-21-2007, 09:57 AM
@ Vande:You moved it just so you could mention the manga, didn't you? XD

not at all vande's lying i have all 12 english releases so far

Benschachar
04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
FMA is easily my favorite anime series ever, even more than Evangelion, the characters are wonderfully developed and very human.

The animation is not too impressive but the richness of the story more than makes up for it, it's character driven and a tragedy in the original Greek sense, oh and the movie rocks, too.

Unknown Neo
04-21-2007, 02:56 PM
It is quite awesome. The characters are very likable, except for some evil ones. The manga has a very different story and I like the DS game. I've almost beat all of it.

Websurfer145
04-22-2007, 03:47 AM
I prefer the manga to the anime myself actually. I don't own all the English releases, but I've read all of them and up to the current Japanese chapters.

The anime is ok, in my opinion. Not bad, but... well, it seems like they lowered the intelligence of a lot of the manga characters to increase the danger (honestly, anime Al is a moron in the final part of the show), and they aren't exactly skilled at shoving in scenes from the manga.

Though my opinion of the FMA anime is probably in the minority, but I've always been weird.

Vande
04-22-2007, 05:48 AM
I prefer the manga to the anime myself actually. I don't own all the English releases, but I've read all of them and up to the current Japanese chapters.

I just need to read up on Vol13+ *ahem*

Kruegera
05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah, FMA.

Great anime. It blends together realistic situations with some good humor. I watched all the subs of FMA that I got from

Link removed

I don't know if it's on T.V. anymore. If it is it's probably some obscure channel on some satellite service that you have to order special because it plays only anime all day long(my friend has this channel, I don't >_>). It's worth the watch if you can find it.

Vande
05-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Read the rules on the media policy here it's a licenensed show so subs are illegal

Kruegera
05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I know the rules... The link lead to here:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k251/Kruegera/FMA_DLscopy.jpg

=P

And I don't really know of where to get subs in the first place. I watched them at a friend's house.

lost in thought
05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Bwahahaha, good one Growlmon.

@Vande:
Burned. XD