PDA

View Full Version : Digimon World 2 : Moonlight/Sunburst *Pre-play* (Spoilers abound!)

Kaeri
03-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, yours truly got extremely lucky and managed to get a copy of both Moonlight and Sunburst and have been getting into both games a little bit and thought that I'd share the differences and ideas within both versions.

A nice touch on both games is that there are a bunch more humans around in both versions. Both "Light Fang" and "Night Crow" have their own leaders and humans that follow them, as well as much different versions of the storyline; though both factions clash and interact within both games.

You can choose to be a boy or a girl in either game, and all four sprite characters look quite nice; with the Sunburst characters in shades of yellow and red, with the Moonlight characters in purples and blues.

However, if you thought you'd only get 1 Digimon to start out with, you'd be highly mistaken. Each game starts out very similar to Digimon World 3; with each character getting to pick 1 of 4 sets of Digimon to start out with. The sets each include the main new Digimon (Coronamon or Lunamon, depending on the version) and 2 other 'backup' higher level digimon. The sets seem to depend on mixing old and new Digimon (such as one of Moonlight's sets : Pandamon, Lunamon, and Lillymon or Sunburst's Leppamon (Kudamon's Adult Form), Coronamon, and Karatenmon) There are 4 sets, each including the respective starter at level 20 and the other remaining Digimon at level 35 each.

Sunburst's story starts out with the main character arriving in the Digital World's main city (name unknown, at this moment; I couldn't manage to translate it) and meeting up with a member of Light Fang. The action starts up right away after meeting with the main human in charge of Light Fang and the Digimon leader, Ophanimon (with a small redesign, very cool looking, in my opinion). The main character is then lead to the Arena where a tutorial of 3 fights begins against 3 members of Night Crow. After winning, the character is then taken to Light Fang's personal area (.dot hack fans can think of this as the personal guilds of .hack//GU) where the storyline picks up immediately. A mysterious force (shown as a red-hooded ghost-like character) appears and wreaks havok while the main character is guided through their first farm-type area (lead by Tailmon). When the character returns to the Light Fang server area, they arrive to see all of the Digimon on the Server reduced to Digitamas and the humans unconscious, which leads to the character fighting an unknown "skull-domed" entity (in which the battle is fought with their own Digimon reduced to Level 1, except for the new main Digimon; who is still at Level 20.)

After the fight, the character is then swept into doing a few missions which leads to finally getting to go off into different areas and fighting Digimon.

That's about as far as I've gotten in Sunburst, now for Moonlight's turn.

Moonlight's game begins alot differently, as we learn that Night Crow is far worse off than Light Fang in terms of area and the like. Night Crow's Server space is dim and dark, and looks very worn-down (compared to Light Crow's bright and new-looking digs), with even the characters seeming to dress in more shoddy-looking clothes than their counterparts in Light Fang. The human in charge here is a girl, along with her Digimon counterpart, ChaosDukemon. The main character here is lead through the 3 tutorial battles via people in the Night Crow organization, where soon after, the 'red-hooded' entity arrives, bringing with it a host of hostile Digimon, which begin to attack the humans within Night Crow. The main character manages to beat the Digimon horde and arrives to watch the 'red-hooded' entity speak some sort of warning to CDukemon and crew before vanishing.

Unfortunately, I spent way too much time playing Sunburst to get any further in Moonlight, but due to the change in storyline, I'll try to keep playing both a bit more and see what I can find out.

Overall, between the 2 versions, I managed to find some unique and cool new features. Both Sunburst and Moonlight introduce new characters and recolors of some of our favorite Digimon. (one example being that Piyomon can now evolve 2 different ways; one into the normal Birdramon and one into a recolored Birdramon - name unknown at the moment) Also, from the previous example, Piyomon's Ultimate form is not Phoenixmon as it was in the previous game, but a (new?) chimera-like Digimon.

Also, during battle, the battle animations have evolved into new animated forms, with attacks swerving around before hitting the target digimon, and the like.

In conclusion, these 2 games seem much more evolved than their previous versions, with a ton of new features and Digimon and 2 very different storylines to boot. I'll keep working through my versions and let you know what else I can find out!

MugenSeiRyuu
03-29-2007, 12:20 PM
The recolored Birdramon is Sabirdramon, the Chimera Digimon Gryphomon. Both old Digimon.

But thank you for the Info ! Very interesting !

CrimsoniteX
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Is there actual online battling in this version?

AlforceVeedramon
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
The action starts up right away after meeting with the main human in charge of Light Fang and the Digimon leader, Ophanimon (with a small redesign, very cool looking, in my opinion).

What's the new addition to her design? A new pattern or weapon?

Kaeri
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
CrimsoniteX -> I believe this is correct, I just haven't gotten far enough to unlock it yet...plus I'm sure I'd get pwned at such an early level. ^-^;

AlforceVeedramon -> She looks a bit brighter overall, plus I believe that they animated her more (her wings move when she walks, etc) and I believe that her screenshot 'circle' (shows up when speaking with her) was redesigned, as well. If I can manage to get pictures of it, I'll post them later on.

CloneWarrior
03-29-2007, 01:12 PM
CrimsoniteX -> I believe this is correct, I just haven't gotten far enough to unlock it yet...plus I'm sure I'd get pwned at such an early level. ^-^;

AlforceVeedramon -> She looks a bit brighter overall, plus I believe that they animated her more (her wings move when she walks, etc) and I believe that her screenshot 'circle' (shows up when speaking with her) was redesigned, as well. If I can manage to get pictures of it, I'll post them later on.

What do mean animated more? And how was her circle changed...

You do know she wasn't in the original right?

Kaeri
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong...but I believe she was part of a side-quest for Omnimon/Omegamon where she sharpened the Digimon's blade back up for it.

AlforceVeedramon
03-29-2007, 01:24 PM
you're right, she was one of the several Digimon that only appeared for side-quests

Devkyu
03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I've managed to snag the names of most of the Light Fang members. Still have some I have to hunt down so I can rip their sprites. Some names I couldn't quite figure out, so I just left the phonetic pronunciations.

Light Fang

-Commander Gurea - male - green hair - Leader of Light Fang
-??? - male - Sunburst Player Character
-??? - female - Sunburst Player Character
-Ko(ma?)chi - female - brown hair, pigtails
-Tonpei - male - red hair
-Chiiku - male - blonde, red bandanna
-Parusa - male - blonde
-Kenpa - female - blue hair
-Gaou - male - dark brown hair, red headband
-Raira (Lila?) - female - light brown hair, poofy, red...hair bandanna thing
-Riiton? - female - spikey blonde hair, tan

Night Claw

-Commander Julia - female - light blue hair - Leader of Night Claw
-Sayo - female - Moonlight Player character
- ??? - male - Moonlight Player character

Other

Referee - male - blonde, red sunglasses - Referee

SakuyamonX
03-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Someone posted on 2chan BBS these codes for Moonlight, that are very like the codes used in the first game to get the Dot Digimon:

I have no clue where to put them, or what they do. Someone needs to find out and try them.

Kaeri
03-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Devkyu -> Thanks for the names! ^_^

SakuyamonX -> I'll take a look shortly and let you know.

Devkyu
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Damn, I really need to pay attention in Japanese class more.

Okay, Light Fang organization lives in Shine City, Night Claw inhabits Dark Moon City.

The Cities are broken up into areas. For Shine City, so far, I've found the Square, Hall, and Market.

The Golux
03-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Newton and Dorothy are also members of Nightclaw.

FET-Kun
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Those codes can be entered in by talking to Valkyriemon in the Arena area. The codes only work for moonlight and give DotFalcomon and Sukamon. Anyone have more codes? I'd like to get Dot ShineGreymon. XD

Anubimon
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Those codes can be entered in by talking to Valkyriemon in the Arena area. The codes only work for moonlight and give DotFalcomon and Sukamon. Anyone have more codes? I'd like to get Dot ShineGreymon. XD

Try 70307991

FET-Kun
03-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Try 70307991

It worked, and I've got Dot ShineGreymon!! He's made things a lot easier as far as leveling goes, and with his help I won two Tournaments and am now a Silver Rank Tamer. Though, I barely won the second one...I fought fought Parasimon, MoonMilleniummon and Vademon and they were in the high 30s.

My Digimon consist of Firamon, ShineGreymon, Tailmon, Galgomon, Veedramon, and Centarumon.

AlforceVeedramon
03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
has there been any confirmation of Alforce in the game yet? And how early can you degenerate, not counting the forced degeneration at the beginning of the game?

FET-Kun
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
has there been any confirmation of Alforce in the game yet? And how early can you degenerate, not counting the forced degeneration at the beginning of the game?

I beleive you can degenerate right at the start if you wanted, but I can't 100% remember. I know you can at least do so after beating the first boss, Aquilamon, cause I devolved a Digi at that point. If all goes smooth, I might be able to evolve my Veedramon to his Perfect by tomorrow morning and then we'll know.

In the meantime...even though new routes are opening inside the maps themselves, I still can't figure out the next step to further the story.

AlforceVeedramon
03-30-2007, 03:44 PM
great, I look forward to it. I'm already happy that we'll all be able to have our own personal Zeromaru, but if Alforce is in the game, then that's just the icing on the cake.

FET-Kun
03-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Ah, looks like if the Digimon is lvl 1 you can't devolve them. Not a big deal, but that's what you get when you convert data...a lvl 1 Digimon, so you have to go and lvl it quick before doing anything else.

AlforceVeedramon
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
well, at least being level 1 makes it way easier to level up

SakuyamonX
03-31-2007, 12:32 PM
-Commander Gurea - male - green hair - Leader of Light Fang

Gurea is Glare, so it's Commander Glare (like the Glare of the Sun...)

lotus_rose
04-09-2007, 08:55 AM
I know this is a stupid question so don't flame me. how do you catch a digimon on sunburst and another question what do you do on you first quest????

MugenSeiRyuu
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
You canĀ“t catch them. You need atleast 100% Scan Data to get a Digimon. You convert the Data into a Digimon.

lotus_rose
04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Is that when you press start and the go to the third icon and on the bottom of the page there is a number mine is 2% so then i got 2%??? and i know that i really sound stupid but i have never played a digimon game This is my first he he :D

Santaskid
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Is that when you press start and the go to the third icon and on the bottom of the page there is a number mine is 2% so then i got 2%??? and i know that i really sound stupid but i have never played a digimon game This is my first he he :D

That is Game percentage if I am correct, there are several percentages in the game, each having to do with something else. Digimon Scan data percentage is shown mainly when you encounter them in the wild you'll notice in the bottom left corner it says something like 15%, then the next time it will say 30%, or other increments based on the digimon's level. you can check this by going to your Digivice, Middle bottom option in the start menu. Then the Far Right button, and it will bring up the Digimon Zukan, which will show what percentages data wise you have of each digimon you've encountered in the wild.

lotus_rose
04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
okay thanks now i have another question i have finished the first quest with aquilamon. Now what do I do after the boy talks to the akokatorimon i am stuck ??? ???

EDIT: when i meet a wild digimon like lopmons in-trading form it says ok on the bottom left does it mean that i can scan it and if so how do you scan a digimon

Santaskid
04-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I am assuming that the boy with the Akokatorimon is the same as the one in Moonlight who has Kabukimon. Basically they told you about Quests, talk to one of the four front digi's to be able to take on a quest from a digi of that DNA type. When you accept one it will say in the left column of the mission info the difficulty(stars) and the requester(usually a digimon, with the only exception I've seen being the ones from Pied/Seraphimon) Pied and Seraphimon are the Guild Quest distributors. You talk to them to receive a quest from your guild leader, then you have to go talk to the person who posted the quest, their name is posted in the first box of the info. You can check them after wards for reminders by looking at the quest menu which is the Top Right most option in your menu.

When a Digimon has OK next to the word scan when you encounter them in the wild it means you have enough to Convert them. So go to the Tamer home(Tailmon/Phascomon's island) and access the computer next to the farm computer, then it is the top option.

lotus_rose
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
how do i ad the new digimon to my team sorry for my stupid question but i am a thickhead
EDIT:I did as you said but when i press play it doesn't work :'(

Tsum
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Assuming that Sunburst is similar to Moonlight in terms of bases (or are you playing Moonlight?) there should be an area to the farthest left of the Quest Building. The only building in this area will sell farm equipment, and has a young man with a Tentomon inside. In anycase, head down to the warp area past Kapurimon, and when you get to the new island, head to the spot that has the two computers and use the computer on the right hand side. The options that I have at least, are:

1) Convert

2) What I assume to be Armor when its applicable

3) Jogress

As for the Quests, when you accept a quest, look around for a matching type of that Digimon around the city. For example, in Moonlight, the first Quest that Lilymon gives you requires you to look for a Tanemon that is sitting somewhere in the city. When you talk to her, you'll hear a ding sound, and you will find that one of the dungeons will have the word 'Quest' flashing over it. Do battle against any odd looking Digimon that might be standing around the Quest area, or collect items from treasure chests until you hear the ding sound again. Afterwards, just go back to your client, hear the bell ding, and end the quest by talking to the Digimon that told you about the Quest.

Santaskid
04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Play just shows to show that it is your active quest. you half to go and talk to the person indicated to actually do the quest, then head to the main map and go where ever the quest icon is.

As for adding digimon to your party after you've converted them use the Farm Computer then there should be two options, the top is Farm, the bottom is Digimon List, select list, scroll down to the digimon select it, then the top option is MOve, second is Info, third is Delete(returns to 100% scan data). Select move and then move it to your party by using L/R to the party list.

Tsum, the second option is Evolution trees, basically it shows the evolutions, so you can view your digimon, and their stats. You can also use it to evolve. The bottom option in the Digivolve PC is actual Special Evolution I believe, because when you select it then select a digimon the sub menu says Jogress, Armor, and cancel

lotus_rose
04-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the help it really helped me on my journey ;D