PDA

View Full Version : Wii info...

RadienceofMiracles
09-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I didnt see any other topic for the Wii in place yet.

I was on gamespot.com and some guys were talking about leaked info at wallmart (a planogram for Wii games).

I work at FutureShop (a top of the line electronics store in canada) in the entertainment department. The Wii is already in the system. I was very very surprised.
No release date as of yet, but the price is tagged at 349$ canadian. I have a strange feeling it is incorrect due to problems in the games prices and even problems with the PS3 prices (which is also in the system).

Also, the info is not accessible online at either Futureshop.ca or bestbuy.com (both same company) which is why I was so damn surprised. The games and prices are there, but the console has yet to be put online.

Not a Diginoob
09-12-2006, 02:15 PM
I just learned that ToeJam&Earl will be on the VC
that is so cool.

SeiferA
09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Nintendo has confirmed that the Wii won't cost more than 250 US bucks, so that price tag is defienatly wrong.

RadienceofMiracles
09-12-2006, 03:04 PM
well Id heard that price tag as well, so I knew it was wrong. But I dont think it's been confirmed yet. I read on ign.com that it was announced to come out in the UK for 149. In canadian thats 300-sum.

Leon Kennedy
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, with the price of the Wii being lower than any of its competition, odds are it'll be the new *shudders* "Casual Gamer's System..."

Spite
09-12-2006, 04:03 PM
I do hope the Wii is successful. While I'm not a big Nitendo fan, I respect that they're attempting to redefine how games are played, as they've tried with the DS; while Sony and Microsoft keep dishing out the same old - just better looking.

And the cheapness is a huge plus. Since the PS3 in Europe and Australasia has been delayed, it'll hopefully steal some sales from kids who would've asked their mommies for a PS3 for Christmas, and instead they'll have to get a Wii or Xbox 360. :P

Not a Diginoob
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, with the price of the Wii being lower than any of its competition, odds are it'll be the new *shudders* "Casual Gamer's System..."

They're trying to get everyone playing games
and you already know it's going to be lower then 250usd so why did you ask that question.

Leon Kennedy
09-12-2006, 04:41 PM
and you already know it's going to be lower then 250usd so why did you ask that question.

What question?

Not a Diginoob
09-12-2006, 05:16 PM
sorry I missread your post.

edit: they are also going to try and cater to all Hardcore/Casual/new gamers

so we have have Twilight princess and Smash bros. while they have Wii Sports and other "simple" games
although I think I might like a few of them, Wii moter Sports look ok(with the airplane and all)

Galactic
09-13-2006, 04:49 AM
I like Wii. It's controller is awesome and it's really small and cheap. I won't probably buy it but if I buy some game console it will be Wii.
But again, that's what I said about GameCube that now sits on my table doing nothing...

SMG seems really awesome. If I buy Wii I'll buy it.

Sonuis
09-13-2006, 12:47 PM
All we got to do is sit pretty until Friday. Then our questions about price & release questions will be answered.

Not a Diginoob
09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Actually we just have to wait until tonight(wednesday as of this post) that's when the japan conference will be
and the American conference is tomorrow

and I'm sorry to say that I'll probably know everything I want to before Uk's conference.

Rein
09-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Remember Remember the 19th of November.

Two days after the PS3 launch is a great move. :D

Although, I'm really not like that the controllers will cost even more than the freaking games. That's just not right. >_>;

Ah well, with around 45 games coming out before 2007, the Wii is going to rock. D:

Not a Diginoob
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM
the controller doesn't cost more then a game
but a controller+nunchaku does.

Rein
09-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Yes, that's what I meant. To me, the nunchaku completes the Wiimote, even if you don't need it. D:

Unknown Neo
09-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Well I know what I'm getting in the next 6 months. Plus it's very interesting with all the Wii can do.

Websurfer145
09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Well, that's definitely going to be my next Christmas present. Too bad Super Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Brother Brawl won't be out at launch though. And I kind of find it funny that the US is getting the Wii before Japan does. At least, assuming I'm reading all the details right. Then again, Japan doesn't have Thanksgiving, so guess Nintendo wants their console ready by then for when the rabid shopping starts.

Master Link
09-17-2006, 03:42 AM
I'd really like to buy a Wii this fall, but with school, bills and the fact I quite my old job, I dont think I'll get one right away. Of course I'm looking for a new job right now and if I can find one that pays alot better then my old one then I think I might be able to buy one.

All I know is I'll have one by March/April of 2007. As long as I have one by the time Wario Ware and Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are released.