PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (360/PS3)

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Does anyone want to comment on this ultra-cool platform adventure game that is ready to push Sonic's speed to the limit? ;D

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh dear. You had to go and get me started. >_>

First off, I'm one of the biggest Sonic fans around. Have been for 12 years now.

But I have to say, I feel this may be the beginning of the end for Sonic. =/ Eggman's new look is awful. They brought back Shadow, even though he has no further reason to exist. Silver the hedgehog has the looks, traits, and name of a really bad fancharacter. Mephiles is just the worst thing I've ever seen.

I see no evidence of any of the classic characters appearing. What the hell is up with this Princess Elise? They made Sonic taller.

I honestly don't like the looks of this game very much, and it really does pain me to say that.

I'd still buy this game, were it coming to a console I'd actually want to buy. I plan to buy a Wii. If I ever did buy Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, I would refuse point blank to buy the English version. I've boycotted all English Sonic things. Thanks for that, Jason Griffith, you talentless, poorly-voiced jerk.

But for that, I'd need a PS3. They cost a lot. And won't even be out by the games' release.

Unless the XBox360 has some region-free mod chip for it, or something. And I'm sure as hell not buying a console for just one game.

I want a Wii for GameCube backwards compatibility. I can't stand switching consoles hooked up to my TV, see?

God, this is actually scary. This'll be the first Sonic game that I've not bought since 1997. And the first one I'll have not bought due to a lack of interest.

I miss Yuji Naka. Sonic seems to be going to hell without him alredy. =/

Weed-san
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm die hard Sonic fan, and this new game is just amazing! Going to get it to PS3 which comes to Europe at March, so i have 6 months to collect money, that means i need a job. 630e in 6 months doesnt sound so hard~

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm a Die-Hard Sonic fan too, so why don't I seem to care about this game? =/

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Believe it or not, it's uncomfirmed who'll be voicing Sonic in this new game. Sure, it could be Griffin... but they had Princess Elise be voiced by a NON-4Kids actress. Lacey Chabert!

And speaking of tall Sonic... what about his appearance in Sonic Adventure 2, he looked tall.

In my opinion, this Sonic game looks really, really AWESOME!

The main theme is called "His World"... sung by a couple of guys from Zebrahead.

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Sonic is supposed to be 100cm tall.

And it is Jason Griffith, since other 4Kids VAs have already appeared in trailers. They even got Jason to voice Silver, for cryin' out loud.

And he LOOKED slightly taller in SA2, but wasn't. In Sonic 2006, he's apparently the same height as humans.

...and Eggman's new look is still awful.

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 11:17 AM
That isn't Jason's voice for Silver. It's a different actor. Namely, the same guy who did Jaden Yuki in GX. And if you're referring to the lastest trailer, it was just a voice clip from Sonic Riders.

Sonic's gotta grow sometime...

And maybe it isn't the same Eggman... ;)

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 11:31 AM
If it's not the same Eggman, that's the worst idea ever.

And ah, I know they used Jason in the first trailer, but it WAS unconfirmed if that was his final voice, so yeah. But still, Silver is a sucky character. =/

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
What about the theme song? Isn't that good? ???

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I've only heard a little of the song, the instrumental version in the trailer.

But yes, from what I've heard, that song is very good. I hope the gameplay is good, at least. That might pique my interest, after the seemingly horrible setting for this game.

I just wish it was coming to the Wii. =/

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I hope the gameplay is good as well. From what I see, I'm ready for the challenge when it comes to the ultimate sonic speed! ;D

And I wish it was coming to Wii as well... oh well, there's always that Sonic-only game coming out...

Spite
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I see no evidence of any of the classic characters appearing. What the hell is up with this Princess Elise? They made Sonic taller.

If you look on the official website, it's confirmed all the usual susupects are back. Including Blaze the cat, which is the surprising entry.

Shadow seems to be different too, working for GUN and all. I think he's put all that Maria stuff in the past now, and moved on. I'm glad because hopefully he wont be so emo anymore.

I wouldn't get too worked up over the loss of Yuji Naka, or how it's affected the game. He seems to be more of a figure head, and if you look at the past 4 years of Sonic games... it's been a bit disappointing. The transition of Sonic from 2D to 3D hasn't yet proven itself yet. So his loss should invoke some kind of change... I hope.

I'm probably going to buy an Xbox 360 for this, and then sell it and buy a PS3 when it a) comes out here (not till March), and b) gets some other games worth buying.

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Oh? Can you give a link to the official site, please?

Spite
09-12-2006, 01:32 PM
http://sonic.sega.jp/sonic/

Go to the character section. They're all in silhouttes, but it's pretty obvious who they are.

Also the website is a bit glitchy, and doesn't work for everyone. I think it's fixed now, but if it doesn't work let me know, I'll take a screenshot.

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Hmm... who's that between Rouge and Blaze? Omega?

Looks a bit 'round' to be him.

Spite
09-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah it's Omega. The top part of his shell sorta curves down, hence the roundness. He just looks weird in silhoutte form. if his goal is still to kill Eggman, here's hoping he kills the new Eggman. DIE IMPOSTER!

No silhoutte for Mephiles?? I wonder why, he's not a secret anymore. In fact they mention him in Shadow's bio. It could have something to do with his changing forms, it's also believed he's the fire beast in the trailers. Manaita on DevArt translated it, and it mentions he transports Shadow into the future.

SeiferA
09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Early reviews cite that the same camera problems we've loved to hate from the previous adventure games are STILL in this version.

However, it seems to have a city to walk around in, much like in Sonic Adventure 1, so it may not be ALL that bad...

... then again, there's still a lack of chaos =/

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE90cJhpGZg

Contains His World. ;D

Spite
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Early reviews cite that the same camera problems we've loved to hate from the previous adventure games are STILL in this version.

However, it seems to have a city to walk around in, much like in Sonic Adventure 1

In fact the whole game seems like Sonic Adventure 1. From the city map, to the fire beast (think the opposite of Chaos), not to mention it seems Emerald Coast has made a comeback in this game. But that's good, because I think overall Sonic Adventure is the best 3D Sonic game. So if the game is nothing more than a juiced up SA, then I'll be happy. As for the camera, if you've played enough 3D Sonic games then it should be no problem. ^^

I'd love to see Chaos again too, and especially Tikal. Although it's hard to imagine how they could be used again, the only time Chaos ever made an appearance story-wise after SA was Sonic Battle, and he didn't do much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE90cJhpGZg

Contains His World. ;D

The song so bad even SEGA had to remove it from their website. ;D Although personally I don't find it too bad, the chorus is horrible. And you have to wonder why they removed it.

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Because they revealed the music too early?

Unknown Neo
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I've heard the mephiles guy will look like who ever you fight him with. And strangely enough, Blaze will show up and some people say she could be the princess some how. But they also say that the princess and sonic have a tiny thing for each other. And that reminds me I have to beat sonic rush. I'm stuck on the last level of the last world.

Spite
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I've heard the mephiles guy will look like who ever you fight him with. And strangely enough, Blaze will show up and some people say she could be the princess some how. But they also say that the princess and sonic have a tiny thing for each other. And that reminds me I have to beat sonic rush. I'm stuck on the last level of the last world.

Blaze is the guardian of the sol emeralds, Princess Elise is the Princess of Soleanna. There's that "sol" again, not to mention Blaze is also a princess. Blaze has fire abilities, Eggman is in Soleanna looking for the secret of the flames of disaster. So there's a fire theme too. It's highly possible that Elise is Blaze the cat. I'd like to see her do an animorphs thing and turn into Blaze. :D

Whatever her role is, it's probably important. She's supposed to have some connection with Silver.

Mahzes
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Wow, that song is... not so good.

I preferred the guitar-only version used in early trailers. It was faster, more upbeat, and didn't have that godawful rap in it.

darkqiviut
09-13-2006, 05:16 AM
I find the game very interesting. The graphic design was very neat and very realistic, and its gameplay was smooth.

The characters I'm interested the most are Silver and Elise. Silver finding the Iblis Trigger, hmm... and his fighting technique (his telekinesis powers) gives him some originality.

Is it me, or am I really the only one who likes Eggman's design? To me, his body actually looks a lot like a usual egg than the other designs he had through years past.

Mahzes
09-13-2006, 05:26 AM
To me, Silver looks like a bad fan character. >_>;

The name sounds like that of a bad fancharacter. His backstory and powers (from the future and has psychic powers) are like those of a bad fancharacter.

He looks like some horrible cross between Sonic and Shadow, so he even LOOKS like a bad fancharacter.

*sigh* I guess new Sonic characters just aren't what they used to be...

Ninetalesuk
09-13-2006, 05:52 AM
There's going to be two modes! One Story Mode with Sonic, Shadow and Silver and a Non-Story Mode... and only one character has been comfirmed of being playable in the Non-Story Mode... Tails! This is getting good! ;D

Unknown Neo
09-13-2006, 04:51 PM
A lot of people think silver is like that. But of course him being a possible trunks like character(my opinon only) plus the fact that he doesn't move fast (which is weird since he's a hedgehog) is probally some of the main reasons why he's not that liked.

Spite
09-13-2006, 05:06 PM
A lot of people think silver is like that. But of course him being a possible trunks like character(my opinon only) plus the fact that he doesn't move fast (which is weird since he's a hedgehog)

If you want to get technical, Sonic and Shadow are the weird ones as hedgehogs are naturally slow (I should know as I've seen enough of them lying flat on the road). Amy isn't fast either, but yeah it might be a bit of a bad transition zooming through levels as Sonic and Shadow and then slowly crawling through the same areas as Silver.

I'm not making any conclusiosn about Silver till I play the game, but he does sound like a bad fanfic. I'm betting he isn't a hedgehog for no reason, probably related to Sonic or Shadow in some manner.

Unknown Neo
09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
We don't want to get technical with sonic. But about silver is because he doesn't run fast like the others. That's what's weird. Even Amy trys to run fast to catch sonic.
And some people have thought he could be related to shadow and amy. But that's mostly because of the whole princessXsonic thing.

Spite
09-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I've heard such theories as him being Shadow x Rouge's son, because he's got Shadow's hairy chest and he's similar in colour to Rouge... while he's grey he usually looks white in the game.

Of course cross-species breeding is a bit weird for me, but they do it in the Archie Sonic comic (not to mention supporting incest and teenage pregnancies), so it could happen.

amigobro2
09-13-2006, 05:47 PM
I want this game, even if you can't play as Tails (my fav), but I can't right now cause the PS3 is WAY too expensive, and even though the XBox 360 seems ok, I like Sony a little better, so I'm going to have to wait. >:(

Spite
09-13-2006, 05:52 PM
I want this game, even if you can't play as Tails (my fav), but I can't right now cause the PS3 is WAY too expensive, and even though the XBox 360 seems ok, I like Sony a little better, so I'm going to have to wait. >:(

Wait for the PC version, although there's no release date, it's believed that it wont come out till next year. There's also a rumoured Wii port, although it wont be as good looking as the others if it is ported.

Ninetalesuk
09-14-2006, 04:55 AM

Actually, you CAN play as Tails. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Hot-Shot/action04_04.jpg

Mahzes
09-14-2006, 06:22 AM

Wait for the PC version, although there's no release date, it's believed that it wont come out till next year. There's also a rumoured Wii port, although it wont be as good looking as the others if it is ported.

Oh? Where did you hear about the Wii port?

Spite
09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
I've been trying to find the source, I can't seem to locate where I saw it. But even if I found it, it's still just a rumour.

If it does come out on the Wii, probably wont be for awhile, until after Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Unknown Neo
09-14-2006, 06:05 PM
I've heard such theories as him being Shadow x Rouge's son, because he's got Shadow's hairy chest and he's similar in colour to Rouge... while he's grey he usually looks white in the game.

Of course cross-species breeding is a bit weird for me, but they do it in the Archie Sonic comic (not to mention supporting incest and teenage pregnancies), so it could happen.

Yes but the archie comics are very different. (And I have no idea about those other two things you mentioned) But rouge/shadow would make more sense. Contact with those emeralds plus all the other stuff in shadow's make up has to have some effect down the line.

Ninetalesuk
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Zebrahead are currently doing a full version of His World with the ENTIRE band. It'll be ready by the 19th September.

Master Link
09-17-2006, 02:56 PM
When the game was first shown I was interested but when Silver and Shadow where shown I lost all interest. It's just looks like all the other 3D Sonic games where they keep putting in all these other charactors that dont belong and drag the game down with crap like treasure hunting, shooting or fishing. Now if the game gets some really good reviews then I might develop on interest but right now it looks the same as the other 3D Sonic which I wasn't a fan off. Sonic games should be all about Sonic and platforming.

This is why I very excited about Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii, it looks like the entire game will involve only Sonic and his style of speed and platforming. All the preview of it so far have said it also does a good job of feeling like the 2D Sonic games in 3D which makes me very happy to hear. Of course I still worry that Sega will find find a way to screw this game up to before it's release by adding something that doesn't belong in it as well.

Jadoi
09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
If anyone knows but there is also a new Sonic game (Don't know what system) called: Sonic X
i don't know if it's like a series or not but I think it is like a little fighting like game.
i don't know? ???

Weed-san
09-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Sonic X (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_X) is, as far as i know, only anime ^_^ and damn good one. Still, cant beat old skool aosth and SatAM episodes XD;

Unknown Neo
09-19-2006, 05:40 PM
There are four things about Sonic X I(and/or some others) thought:
1. People did not like chris. Maybe he was too clingy.
2. I did not like the voices for the E-units in the SA1 dub. Gamma is a favorite character of mine and the crappy voice annoyed me a lot. He's supposed to have a robotic voice!
3. The season where they went around the universe reminded me of DBGT. Which just futhers the DBZGT references.
4. They could have made more episodes. They had heroes they could have done and now they have riders and rush.

Ninetalesuk
09-20-2006, 05:04 AM
There are four things about Sonic X I(and/or some others) thought:
1. People did not like chris. Maybe he was too clingy.
2. I did not like the voices for the E-units in the SA1 dub. Gamma is a favorite character of mine and the crappy voice annoyed me a lot. He's supposed to have a robotic voice!
3. The season where they went around the universe reminded me of DBGT. Which just futhers the DBZGT references.
4. They could have made more episodes. They had heroes they could have done and now they have riders and rush.

Actually, more episodes are being made for Sonic X. So, it could contain Heroes, Riders and Rush... I hope this means Blaze, Omega and the Rouges will turn up...

Anubimon
09-20-2006, 07:02 AM
I'm not all that interested in the new Sonic game... I think the series has been going downhill since SA2 (I did not care for Shadow at all, he seemed to Mary Sue-ish). If it gets good reviews, I may pick it up whenever I get a PS3, but otherwise... eh.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles FTW.

Unknown Neo
09-20-2006, 04:50 PM
As long as shadow isn't emo or a bad ghetto copy(shadow the hedgehog) and is more like the vegeta he's copying then he's not that bad. I actually have his image songs from SA2 and sonic heroes.

Ninetalesuk
09-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Check out this new video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0Ic3F8Fnc

Blaze is also in this promo... alongside Silver if you keep a careful eye out.

I tell ya, it's shaping up to be sweet like Sonic Adventure! ;D

Unknown Neo
09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
I didn't see blaze but I know someone will make something of that sonic/princess thing. Someone somewhere will. Atleast that's what a friend of mine said after we saw it.

Weed-san
09-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Check out this new video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0Ic3F8Fnc

Blaze is also in this promo... alongside Silver if you keep a careful eye out.

I tell ya, it's shaping up to be sweet like Sonic Adventure! ;D

sweet, Shadow with motorcycle ^^ This game looks better and better

Ninetalesuk
09-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Try this

http://www.badongo.net/vid_id.php?width=480&id=205496

Blaze appears at 1:22... alongside Silver. Keep a careful eye out...

If that doesn't help... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blaze_and_Silver_copy.png

Unknown Neo
09-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I see her. Not that bad. But does anyone else think it's weird that when I think of shadow on a motorcylce that I think of dante from DMC. And after seeing the offical art for silver I now agree, he could be the trunks of the series. Shadow's son from the future.

Megidramon
09-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I think this might be a good game from the trailer clips i have seen. Almost worthy of the title Sonic Adventure 3 but that might be jumping the gun a bit.

The song "His World" at first i didn't like it but it has grown on me, but i do like the instrumental version more. Also on that new trailer, near the end it had a nice piece of music which, I hear is meant to be the ending song, the version we heard on the trailer is a remixed version by Akon of Dreams Come True song "Sweet Sweet Sweet". The song sound nice.

Also why have they showing Shadow using vehicles, can't he run fast like he used to anymore?

Unknown Neo
09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
He better. Shadow needs to run and needs to throw some chaos attacks around.

Ninetalesuk
09-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Looks like Lacey Chabert will be the only voice actor on this new Sonic game who isn't working for 4Kids. Jason Griffen is Sonic's voice...http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2712167721780458059&hl=en-GB

Not a problem to me... but to Mahzes, he totally hates it....

jfred
09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
This game looks cool! Let's hope it comes to the Wii!

It would be nice if Chao would make a return though...

Unknown Neo
09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
http://www.sonic-cult.org/!trash/snextcharbios.png
Character bios. Blaze's is weird/funny. And sliver's just proves I was right. He is trunks.
Copy the whole address. Don't click it!

Ninetalesuk
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog is out and in my opinion, it's good minus some problems like difficulty, lack of play for Knuckles and Amy (she only helped Silver in one level) and lack of prizes that you get if you complete the game and stuff unlike the previous games...

However, this game was surprising to me because Sonic actually died!

Psycho
01-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I've only heard bad things about this particular game but the thing that bothers me the most is the bad voice acting.

((4kids voice acting is terrorable but I bet a lot of you know that already))

Ninetalesuk
01-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, Silver's voice needs be worked a lot, in my opinion...

Psycho
01-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, Silver's voice needs be worked a lot, in my opinion...

I also heard the rest of the voices have only gotten worse and from waht I've heard of them that's horrible!

Let's see Tails shouldn't sound like a woman.

Sonic needs emotion in his voice!

Rouge should never sound like what most call an old prositute but to me she sounds more like a man.

Creams voice should never be squeaky and neather should Charmys.

Shadow's voice needs lots of work also.

I just hope theirs a way for me to access the Japanese voice acting so I could hear quality voices.

Ninetalesuk
01-12-2007, 04:13 PM
What about Knuckles?

Unknown Neo
01-13-2007, 09:00 PM
For once I actually agree with you. I kept thinking, "Emote more" when I saw some of the cut scenes on youtube.

Psycho
01-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I fear 4kids may spell the death of the Sonic franchise.

gerjomarty
01-14-2007, 12:57 PM
I actually have this for the 360, and I can say that it's a very good game.

However, there are too many very annoying glitches that sometimes cause death by falling that can be a real pain. Voice work isn't the best, but it isn't bad either. Rouge's ordinary speaking voice is fine, but her "huhs!" and "ahs!" do sound far too manly sometimes. Tails' voice is also quite grating. Apart from that, this game is quite good. There are three main storylines - Sonic's, Silver's and Shadow's. All three of them intertwine and the storyline as a whole is seen from different perspectives.

Unknown Neo
01-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Now I disagree with you. While my personal problem is with their dubbing of Adventure 1(E-unit fan). If anything, sega will mess themselves up.

Ninetalesuk
01-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I enjoy the game as well... if it wasn't for the long loading times. But, I perfer playing this on the X-Box 360... rather than PS3...

gerjomarty
01-16-2007, 04:12 PM
I enjoy the game as well... if it wasn't for the long loading times. But, I perfer playing this on the X-Box 360... rather than PS3...

That's actually the most annoying thing I've come across. The smaller town missions actually have two loading screens. You've just got to wonder why.

Unknown Neo
01-16-2007, 06:08 PM
A common joke is that if it's ported to the Wii, nintendo will make the, fix most of the bugs.

Ninetalesuk
01-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah... I hate the loading as well... but, I put up with it...

It's great to actually play as Blaze in a 3D world.

Unknown Neo
01-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I had/have an idea for that. But it also had almost every playable game character in it. Although 5 were just for a 2 player part.