PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Medley

jfred
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok, I just can't figure this game out. I've got the battle system, but the storyline baffles me. First I see Takato, Rika, and Henry. Then all of a sudden Impmon appears and they all seem to be dead... wha?! Then the Digimon Adventure logo pops up. It really IS a medley.

I just don't get it. Haven't gotten too far, but it's very... interesting. ???

MugenSeiRyuu
02-28-2007, 01:34 AM
They are not dead, just knocked out and chained up. Then they somehow remember the Adventures of the Adventure and Zero Two Cast.

DigistarDBZ
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
This is actually a pretty interesting game with an odd storyline. I've played through it multiple times, since at first I felt a lot like you did, but as I played through I realized just how simple it was to play.

Basically Impmon has captured Culumon as part of a deal that will make him stronger. The Tamers go to stop him and get Culumon back, but he stops them and uses the power that was granted to them to cast them into a weirdo dimension where their power is taken away. Takato is knocked cold despite the pleas of the others for him to wake up, and he essentially "dreams" the Adventure and 02 storylines...condensed and abridged versions, of course. And the storylines can be altered depending on the decisions you make and the characters you choose to play through a level with. (For example, if you choose to defeat Devimon with either Taichi or Yamato instead of Takeru, you get to fight Etemon fused with Nanomon, or if you choose the Agumon card instead of the Gomamon card in Vamdemon's castle, you're sent to Summer Memory to fight Vamdemon alongside 8-year-old Wallace. ???) You finish the game back with the Tamers, as depending on how you played the game, it's revealed that a pre-selected Shiseijuu (either Qinglongmon, Zhuqiaomon, Baihumon or Xuanwumon, it depends on what you did in the game- I've found all of them except Zhuqiaomon, though) has employed Impmon and is trying to destroy you. So either MegaloGrowmon, Taomon or Rapidmon fights them off and you win.

The sprites are extremely simple, pretty much on par with NES sprites. But this is to be expected, because it was made to be cross-compatible with the black-and-white Wonderswan and the Wonderswan Color, which was brand-new at the time. (I think.) The gameplay is also extremely simple, with battles consisting of either rapidly tapping the A button or timing the stampdown of little bars. (This part becomes a little more challenging as you play further along in the game, with the bars becoming smaller and having to press the A button down faster) There's also no need to level up, as when you play through a level, you're done and you go onto the next level. (You do need to battle in order to get your EP up, because the boss battles are pretty tough unless you evolve)

That's pretty much all I can say about the game, other than the fact that I've ripped just about every single sprite and background from the game, all of them resting in a .zip file. I know there's a little bit more to unlock, like a battle level with Cherubimon and Armagemon vs. Omegamon, but I'd need a strategy guide in order to find that out. :-\

jfred
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah, it is pretty fun. Hey, if it can battle with the D-Ark, that makes it an awesome game right there.

It makes sense that he would dream the Adventure and 02 series, seeing as he has probably watched every single episode. Interesting how your choices can affect the storyline though. Makes it sound like one of those choose-your-own-adventure books.

Anubimon
03-01-2007, 07:17 AM
It makes sense that he would dream the Adventure and 02 series, seeing as he has probably watched every single episode. Interesting how your choices can affect the storyline though. Makes it sound like one of those choose-your-own-adventure books.

Kinda off topic, though I guess it's related... Wasn't Digimon being a TV show in Tamers something that was only in the dub? I thought all it was in the Japanese version was a card game and v-pet.

jpwong
03-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Not sure, I know the dub went outright in mentionning it, but I would think that even if they didn't say anything in the original, it was at least implied.

MugenSeiRyuu
03-01-2007, 07:43 AM
I think Konak planned something like this in the early planning stages.

CrimsoniteX
03-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Remember guys,
As explained in Brave Tamer, there are multiple digital worlds, all exsisting in different dimensions. Adventure 01 and 02 were in one dimension, and Tamers another. however they were in fact connected, via Ken and Ryo's story. In my humble opinion, ryo's story is the real digimon story. He was the only one who traveled through the two dimensions, and times. (And for those of you that dont know, the Ryo in the wonderswan games is the Ryo in tamers). Most people don't realize how involved he actually was in the first three seasons... you guys should play the wonderswan games if your interested ;)

CloneWarrior
03-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Remember guys,
As explained in Brave Tamer, there are multiple digital worlds, all exsisting in different dimensions. Adventure 01 and 02 were in one dimension, and Tamers another. however they were in fact connected, via Ken and Ryo's story. In my humble opinion, ryo's story is the real digimon story. He was the only one who traveled through the two dimensions, and times. (And for those of you that dont know, the Ryo in the wonderswan games is the Ryo in tamers). Most people don't realize how involved he actually was in the first three seasons... you guys should play the wonderswan games if your interested ;)

Yeah, there're about five topics with this info in them already...

There was no reason to put it here...

CrimsoniteX
03-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Remember guys,

Yeah, there're about five topics with this info in them already...

There was no reason to put it here...

Mabey it was bordem, no crime against that eh?