PDA

View Full Version : CyberSix

Blackjack Gabbiani
02-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Anyone else love this show? It ran a few years ago on Fox Kids, and was never seen again (at least in the US). I've heard that it aired recently in Canada, is that true?

I'd love to get my hands on a DVD or VHS of it. I saw it on YouTube not long ago, but I'd love to have a hard copy.

And according to IMDB, the voice of CyberSix/Adrian was also the voice of Shampoo in the dub of Ranma 1/2. Which is really kinda scary.

Unknown Neo
02-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I've never seen this but I have heard about it and I did wiki it. Uh... her brother's a panther and there's a woman dressed like a man. And the series didn't really have an ending. Is that right?

Blackjack Gabbiani
02-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah, that's about it. Her brother (they're probably not really related, but they were created in the same experiment) died when they were young and his brain was put into the body of a panther, the main character's alter ego is a male English teacher (best alter ego ever, who would think to look for her in a high school?), and the series left itself open for a sequel.

Sobekmon
02-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I beleive I saw all the episodes of this when it was on fox kids back in summer 2000..I really liked this show, I even manged to tape 2 episodes (the one with the gargoyles and the one with the eyeball) That villian kid was pretty annoying though, and some things made no sense..like in the episode with the werewolf, all the humans who were bitten by her turned back to normal like it was a magical curse, even though the werewolf was genetically created ??? Anyways Cybersix herself was pretty attractive and Data 7 was awesome...I wish there were more episodes of this.

Blackjack Gabbiani
02-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I wish they'd make that second season/series they implied in the ending. Like Von Richter pointed out, she can't survive without Sustinence, so I wonder how long she could last and if her power would be impacted in the meantime.

CyberDramon
02-17-2007, 09:08 PM
According to Zannen, only 4 episodes aired on Fox Kids, and on Teletoon whatever episodes were made has been occasionaly airing for quite a while now... I remember watching it over a year ago.

The cartoon was based on an Argentinian comic, and I'm pretty sure Teletoon stopped making episodes because not enough money was coming n from the show to cover it's cost (high-cost for the animation quality). The comic, though, it geared towards a much older audience, and covers about 12 volumes of about 12 chapters each (so around 144 chapters). Even in an edited format, if each chapter were turned into an episode there would be well over 50 episodes, so even if there Were a second season I doubt it would end the story. ;]

Blackjack Gabbiani
02-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah, but they cut a lot out from the comics to make the show kid friendly. Like I've heard that Lori was originally a heroin-addicted hooker rather than a somewhat lusty high school girl. The show also left out all the Nazi parts of Von Richter and Jose's history.

CyberDramon
02-18-2007, 12:49 AM
True, but doesn't the cartoon also have a few filler episodes here and there?

Blackjack Gabbiani
02-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, it had a fair amount, which was really kinda weird considering how short it was.