PDA

View Full Version : Digimon World 4

Tortured Soul
09-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Talk about the game Digimon World 4 here I guess (I've never made a topic in the games area before)

I thought it was a very hard game! And I didn't get far becuase the video store games are so scratched up and don't work! so it froze in the same spot everytime I got to it!

What are your thoughts about the game?

digiboy123
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree with you. It was a hard game for me as well. I defeated Apocalymon(sp), but I can't remember where I left off after that. I think it was somewhere in a desert? Meh.

Anyways, I quit basically because I wasn't getting any new evos. I played for the longest time, just to get Agumon ..... ? I wanted Growlmon~! So, yeah, I didn't like the structure of the game.

dorumon_fanatic
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I thought it was way too easy because it took me less than a day to basically beat it. *It was awesome having Dorumon in it though! *;D
The digivolution system was terrible though, no basic digivolution line and Dorumon digivolving into Veemon WTF? *I liked that it was kind of based off x-evolution though. *All in all I thought it was a pretty good game, although I liked digimon world 3 a bit better. *But I'm glad they finally got away from the turn based battle system and spontaneous enemies because I HATED that in the older games.

Airdra
09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I hated that "evolution" was really just a fancy name for "character select." >.<;; And I really hated the limited Digimon selection--there&#39;s so many, and they only put in a tiny handful of playable ones. XP

I also hated that in two-player mode, if you&#39;re not careful on the platforming parts, the camera will spontaneously kill one of you if you&#39;re not staying close enough together. x_x

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
It&#39;s a very hard game... and the Digivolution system... Good grief... you&#39;ll have to have four players in order to gain the Digivolutions i under a time limit! Digimon World 2003 is somewhat better than this...

Agu-Chan
09-14-2006, 05:38 PM
I,ve been playing the game since late june. I,ve just made it to machine pit.

ChiBKey
09-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Watch out for brutally honest review of mine! Digimon World 4 was literally utter waste of time. The amount of training and training required convinced players to use cheat device on this game. World 4 is a story about a dungeon crawler, diligent gymnast, machine-killing DSG member &#39;nuff said. The gameplay was terrible and there aren&#39;t much we can do but slaying foes. And what&#39;s up with Digimon unable to use their real technique? Instead, using weapons bought from a shop or found at the road. Just... what the hell. From a non-Digimon fan perspective, this game have no replay value. Overall, I was very disappointed with Bandai when this game was the spotlight in Digimon fandom.

Jadoi
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Yes it was a hard game. But the Digivolution for them is not really a problem... well it is as you get them... but you can get them.
After you got the first Digivolution, level up some more till you get strong enough then talk to one of the digielfs (that is if you saved all 10 on the river part) that&#39;s over in the far right corner from where you start and talk to the one on the up left...

Here is a little map (sort of)...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 2X--* *3
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *1 -* * 4
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -
starting place: O--------------------

I know it is not a "Good" map but if you can understand it, OK if not good luck.*
Anyway, just talk to it and it will tell you about some problems and if you except, it will open the battle area. There you fight some digimon and find a open portal (or whatever) "Don&#39;t cross the bridge, that will lead you back." And the place you are going to is the Mummy Graveyard (or something like that) There you need to beat all the digimon there. There are about... 279 I think... but if you get them all, you will get you first and real Digivolution. Again... good luck. ;)

Jadoi
09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh, and for the techniques...
if you continue to use them, the stronger they will become.
Like, healing... continue to use it and it will change to a stronger version. Same goes for Force, Shot, Stab, Slash, Bash, Crush, and any other I forgot.
But I think you already know that. Just wanted to add that in too. :D

Kazu-kun
10-01-2006, 06:02 AM
The only ish I have about digimon games, is the excrusiating amount of training you have to do before you can make your guys all badass. In the end I think it&#39;s pretty worth it though