PDA

View Full Version : Episode 24 Speculation/Discussion

SakuyamonX
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
SPOILERS!

Episode 24 - The Cold-Hearted Past is Revealed! Gizumon/Gizmon AT!
Ikuto gets between the group, and Mercurimon in order to stop them. However, Kurata tries to compromise. Yet the truth is, Kurata was the one who killed Yukidarumon.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I guess Yatagaramon will kill him for that.

SakuyamonX
09-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Btw, I forgot to say that the AT was not in Japanese. That leads me to believe its an acronym, and not the word "at".

MugenSeiRyuu
09-11-2006, 06:10 PM
AT = Artificial Tamer ?

Chaos Saiyajin
09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
>:( Well, there goes Kurata from my list of favorites...>_<;;

The bastard killed Yukidarumon... :&#39;(

Interesting, though. I wonder how pissed Ikuto&#39;s gonna be over all of this.

Vande
09-12-2006, 01:13 AM
I was right Kurata is part of the &#39;evil&#39; team!!
Score 1 for me...

I wonder if Ikuto will find out in this episode that Kurata was the one to kill Yukidarumon

Ninetalesuk
09-12-2006, 06:04 AM
So... Kurata thought no one will suspect he was one of the cold-hearted Digimon murderers, hmm?

Question is, how will it be revealed? Will it be himself, Mercurimon or something else? This will be VERY good.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Perhaps Gizmon will reveal it.

Gizadude
09-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Well i knew he was evil all along. Now I just got to see what Hashiba&#39;s up to.

Ainz
09-14-2006, 12:54 PM
AT... I was thinking attack team.

DigistarDBZ
09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Fuji TV&#39;s preview is up. (http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/digimon_s/index.html)

When they say "The Past Revealed", they mean it- judging from the preview, we&#39;re going to find out more about Masaru&#39;s father and the extermination team- and in the preview, Tohma says that Mercurimon ended up not being the bad guy; to which Masaru vows that he&#39;ll never forgive Kurata for what he&#39;s done!

Who wants to bet Suguru is going to be the character that Hirata Hiroaki voices this season? ;D

Vande
09-17-2006, 01:55 AM
I think we&#39;re gonna find out stuff about the past yes
$10 bet that Hirata Hiroaki is the VA :p

MugenSeiRyuu
09-17-2006, 03:26 AM
I guess this Epsiode also proves that the Machines are indeed Digimon. Anyone has a bigger Screen Version of the preview ? Looks like the Digivces of the Extermination Tea are different than the 10X and 20X Digivces of the Savers.

Master Link
09-17-2006, 04:17 AM
I hope are hero&#39;s team up with Mercurimon to fight Kurata and his gang. Those bastard deserve to die for what they did to those poor Digimon. I just hope Mercurimon doesn&#39;t get his data messed up like Saber Leomon. As we saw it only takes one hit and your pretty much screwed.

Hopefully Mercurimon can use his amazing speed to dodge it, I&#39;d hate to see him die.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-17-2006, 04:34 AM
Yes, that´s true. I also wonder if Kurata will turn into Kuratamon. Perhaps he is also responsible for Prof. Daimon´s disappearence.

Immo
09-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I hope that Mercurimon won&#39;t die as soon as Kurata turns into a "Digimon". Mercurimon isn&#39;t a bad Digimon, so it should stick together with Masaru&#39;s team and fight Kurata(mon). But we all know who&#39;ll kick his butt: Yattagaramon, finally in Ep 25. ;D

Maikeru-chan
09-17-2006, 01:04 PM
This episode looks promising. It would be nice to learn of some the past (even though I can&#39;t understand Japanese yet) and seeing Ikuto&#39;s reaction when he learns about Yukidarumon will be cool but you&#39;d think that would be what would trigger Ikuto&#39;s full digisoul. I hate waiting a week for a new episode...

MugenSeiRyuu
09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
The Previewe also proves that Prof.Daimon is not Mercurimon. I wonder if he has a partner and who it is. Prof. Agumon maybe ?

Tsum
09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Erm, if I remember correctly, I think whoever it was that mentioned Prof Agumon as a partner was just joking before.....

Anyway, with that being said, I&#39;m looking forward to these upcoming episodes. As for Gizmon (or whatever its is), I&#39;m wondering if maybe it&#39;ll be more non-Digimon enemies with various types, like the D-Reapers? I mean, we&#39;ve already seen the floating supposed "Gizmon" that assited in Saber Leomon&#39;s deletion, and according to the preview, there&#39;s going to be / has been a spider type.

On a side note, I suppose I&#39;m just slightly strange in thinking this, but the weapons that the soldiers seem to be holding in the preview kind of remind me of iCs. Then again, I suppose that&#39;s because of the three buttons positions. Now that I look back on the preview, it seems like they have a very simliar function to the iCs, except they hold those machines instead of Digimon.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Erm, if I remember correctly, I think whoever it was that mentioned Prof Agumon as a partner was just joking before.....

I mentioned it. And Prof.Agumon doesn´t seem to be an ordinary Child-Digimon. Judging by his position in 20x

Anyway, with that being said, I&#39;m looking forward to these upcoming episodes. As for Gizmon (or whatever its is), I&#39;m wondering if maybe it&#39;ll be more non-Digimon enemies with various types, like the D-Reapers? I mean, we&#39;ve already seen the floating supposed "Gizmon" that assited in Saber Leomon&#39;s deletion, and according to the preview, there&#39;s going to be / has been a spider type.

They might be Digimon with different forms, kinda like Arkadimon.

On a side note, I suppose I&#39;m just slightly strange in thinking this, but the weapons that the soldiers seem to be holding in the preview kind of remind me of iCs. Then again, I suppose that&#39;s because of the three buttons positions. Now that I look back on the preview, it seems like they have a very simliar function to the iCs, except they hold those machines instead of Digimon.

Actualy I think these Machines are some kind of Digimon.

Soem Digimon have the ability to permanent delete their victims.

Tsum
09-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I mentioned it. And Prof.Agumon doesn´t seem to be an ordinary Child-Digimon. Judging by his position in 20x

Actually, I was referring to a post made on Net Ocean. Then again, I suppose my mind was wandering, because the post I was thinking was saying something about Masaru&#39;s father BEING Agumon. Ah, whatever.

I know that&#39;s the case in Tamers, and also in Next, but I haven&#39;t quite seen a case like that in Savers so far. Unless you are counting the floating machine as a Digimon....

I suppose those machines could be Digimon, there&#39;s nothing yet that says they aren&#39;t or are. I&#39;m kinda looking forward to how the past might be revealed though, as well as Ikuto&#39;s reaction to it.

TKTakeru
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I also want to know why Kurata keeps sneezing when he&#39;s around Agumon. Maybe something to do with his past.

Vande
09-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Kurata maybe allergic to Digimon....

we can only hope he gets the Digital World virus...XD

cassius335
09-18-2006, 03:58 AM

Which is?

MugenSeiRyuu
09-18-2006, 04:49 AM
He is one of those Hidden Digimon.

I know that&#39;s the case in Tamers, and also in Next, but I haven&#39;t quite seen a case like that in Savers so far. Unless you are counting the floating machine as a Digimon....

I suppose those machines could be Digimon, there&#39;s nothing yet that says they aren&#39;t or are. I&#39;m kinda looking forward to how the past might be revealed though, as well as Ikuto&#39;s reaction to it.

Actually I was also referring to the powers of some Digimon that are mentioned in their profiles. These Digimon can permanent delete their enemies.

The Machines actually move like they are alive and having them stored in the Digivices also speaks for them to be Digimon.

SakuyamonX
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
So I guess the idea of Masaru&#39;s iC being his Fathers is much more possible.

I would so laugh if it was Prof.Agumon, but it makes perfect sense.

All though he might not have a Digimon, I think all humans in Savers have DigiSoul, regardless of having Digimon, or not.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I don´t think that every human has a Digsoul, otherwise DATS wouldn´t have to test Chika. But yes, I think that having one doesn´t automatically mean that a human has a Partner.

Lilithmon
09-20-2006, 06:15 AM
That idiot killed Kuratamon!!!! That supid bastard!! :&#39;(

Torhu
09-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Isn&#39;t it quite possible that Agumon was Prof. Daimon&#39;s Digimon? Thus explaining why he reacts to Masaru&#39;s Digisoul. It would also explain why there just happened to be a Digivice ready for him in the first episode.

Mercurimon
09-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Darn Torhu... I was just about to say that almost word for word...

onkeikun
09-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Except all Agumon remembers is living in the institution, and they said he came to the human world as an egg... Unless he died in the Digital world under Prof. Daimon, I&#39;m not sure how it works...

Infinity Blade
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Except all Agumon remembers is living in the institution, and they said he came to the human world as an egg... Unless he died in the Digital world under Prof. Daimon, I&#39;m not sure how it works...

Mercurimon was surprised that Piyomon still had memories of Chika when he was reborn. Thus, we should probably assume that when a Digimon is destroyed and reverted to a Digiegg, they effectively "die" and loose their memories.

Vande
09-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Yet another DW1 reference ^_^ keeping a good theory on track XD

onkeikun
09-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Mercurimon was surprised that Piyomon still had memories of Chika when he was reborn. Thus, we should probably assume that when a Digimon is destroyed and reverted to a Digiegg, they effectively "die" and loose their memories.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I like the theory Torhu pointed out, and I&#39;d love to see it on screen! I just assumed that if a Digimon has a strong bond with a human like Piyomon had, they wouldn&#39;t forget their memories that easily. Maybe Piyomon&#39;s an exception but... that&#39;s kinda strange to me...

MugenSeiRyuu
09-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Yet another DW1 reference ^_^ keeping a good theory on track XD

Yep, when a Digimon deson´t die of old age, it looses some of it´s techniques. Which are supposed to be it´s memories.

Move forward ! Analogman !

Vande
09-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Everything is pointing towards analogman....technically we should know how the story ends in a way....

Master-Element
09-21-2006, 03:20 PM
It seems to me that since Prof Daimon had a digsoul he had a digimon which I think was a agumon that had the same evolutionary line as tai&#39;s from adventure and that it died and was reborn as a egg. And do you remember in next they said that agumon was a illiagal and hacked some maybe in savers since agumon escaped from a institution they took Prof Daimon&#39;s agumon and altered it so it would have a different evolution line that was stronger and thats where the whole thing of wearing gloves came from cause I believe that they have some kind of signifigance just like gatomons tail ring. so maybe it was there intent to give agumon to masuru the whole time though I dought yoshino was in on it.

DigistarDBZ
09-23-2006, 05:52 PM
2chan page is up (http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3645458.htm), and seeing as this may be the last episode discussion we have on WtW, let&#39;s make it special. Remember: no direct linking!

Ninetalesuk
09-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Last episode discussion? What have I missed...? ???

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:05 PM
WTW is going down.

Edite: Seems like Gotsumon was always after Ikuto

Ninetalesuk
09-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Ah... nuts... I really missed a lot, huh...?

Where should I go to continue the Savers and Sonic discussions?

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Dats.us or Digimonhimitsu

Hey look:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sakurabisu
09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5168/11590569188055d40wk8.jpg
Propa respec&#39; brud!

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Kurata is really cold Eating a Lolipo while slaughtering.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DigistarDBZ
09-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Judging by the comments, I think Mercurimon just bit the dust. o_O And Masaru&#39;s not happy at all about it.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Because it wasn´t in a man vs. Man fight. And because he was told the truth.

ChiBKey
09-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Can somebody identify these, if they&#39;re from Savers? :P

http://www.digitaluploader.com/1/68731159057503122fd69.jpg
http://www.DigitalUploader.com/1/940611590575942619fad.jpg

Ninetalesuk
09-23-2006, 06:30 PM
First one... no idea...

Second one... PECKMON&#39;S ULTIMATE FORM!!!

Not only Masaru, but Ikuto as well.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:31 PM
The first one isn´t, the second seems to be from Yatagaramon´s evo Sequence.

ChiBKey
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, and I bet the Yatagaramon&#39;s scene is from episode 25 preview thing. And also new ending song for that episode. >:3

Ninetalesuk
09-23-2006, 06:34 PM
NEW ending song?!?!

I need to catch up...

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:37 PM
You should really do that.

ChiBKey
09-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Ryuusei (Falling Stars) will be it. DHimitsu for more info..

And basically, this episode is about unseen flashback and negotiation... What&#39;s the "AT" and "Giz(u)mon" in the title mean, anyhow?

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Ryuusei literally means Dragon star.

The Giz(u)mon are the Digimon used by Kurata´s team. And AT may stand for Attack Team.

Ninetalesuk
09-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Ryuusei (Falling Stars) will be it. DHimitsu for more info..

And basically, this episode is about unseen flashback and negotiation... What&#39;s the "AT" and "Giz(u)mon" in the title mean, anyhow?

I would if the site isn&#39;t down at the moment...

EDIT: No... let me rephrase that... I was wrong. It is working.

Interesting...

Fiascomon
09-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Mercurimon getting wasted by not even really fighting and Masaru&#39;s father being more of a poser Super Saiyin than his son is; what else is new. ::) You know what I&#39;ve decided to just stop complaining about Savers from now on. I&#39;ve pretty much given up watching this season anyway and there is nothing accomplished by continuing to drive my opinion of how much I think Savers sucks to the ground. I&#39;ll just leave it alone for now on unless I have something positive to say.

DigistarDBZ
09-23-2006, 06:53 PM
So, Suguru&#39;s voice actor is Gouda Hotzumi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=14828). Can&#39;t say I&#39;m familiar with his works, but I&#39;ll have to see if he has a voice sample or something to get ready for later tonight.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Anyone knows how Mercurimon really died ? I guess he was killed by the Gizmon. These are some really nasty Digimon, if you ask me.

I&#39;ll just leave it alone for now on unless I have something positive to say.

The Best thing you´ve ever typed ! ;D

DigistarDBZ
09-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Apparently he&#39;s not dead yet, I saw him in the preview. But he might not be alive for long... shall we say "trigger for DigiSoul Full Charge"?

MugenSeiRyuu
09-23-2006, 07:33 PM
So he was stinned by Gizmon.

Considering that he might be like a father for Ikuto, and Kurata is the one who killed his "Mother", this literally screams for it !

I also wonder if it is possible to fix his damaged data somehow.

SakuyamonX
09-23-2006, 09:20 PM

Not according to the kanji: ??

I like these types of episodes =O Were the pasts are revealed.

Lucifer Angel
09-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Hope this isn&#39;t the last eppy we tlk about here.

Ainz
09-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Hope this isn&#39;t the last eppy we tlk about here.

It won&#39;t be, this site still lives

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 02:05 AM

Not according to the kanji: ??

Okay, that means that it is not the case. But with the different kanji, it would.

I like these types of episodes =O Were the pasts are revealed.

Very true. It looks very interesting.

And I don´t think anyone expected Prof.Daimon to be NOT very strong.

DigistarDBZ
09-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Kudamon fought in this episode. ;_____________________;

It was in a flashback only, but still.... (And Younger!Satsuma&#39;s hotness points increased in this one. ;D And here I thought he looked older when he was younger...)

Apparently Satsuma and Yushima were DATS&#39; first field agents, before they established the uniforms and such. To my knowledge, there was a secret agreement between them and Mercurimon that Digimon who crossed the border would be returned to the Digital World safely as DigiTama- of course, Kurata was either authorized by scared government officials or went on his own money, technology and accord to bust it up. >_<

I think after this episode I can officially say he&#39;s batshit insane. And I want to know what made him cross the line.

Interesting note, too: Mercurimon is mentioned as one of the Olympus 12 by name- meaning there&#39;s more of them out there, and probably just like him: afraid of humans and would feel better off that they left things better off alone. And Mercurimon mentions to Suguru that there&#39;s a Digimon God named "Yggdrasil"......

Oh, dear. Why don&#39;t I like the sound of that? :o

Well, Suguru went off to find Yggdrasil, who Mercurimon admits he&#39;s never seen himself; in fact, no one has. This also explains the Digital Gate in Mercurimon&#39;s palace, which was created by Kurata&#39;s bomb. Suguru could&#39;ve gone home at any time: but he&#39;s still searching for Yggdrasil and the hope that both worlds can co-exist peacefully with each other.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 06:16 AM
There is still a chance that this is a different Yggdrassil. The one in X-Evo was destroyed. But with the Existence of X-Digimon like MetlaPhantomon it somehow makes sense.

I also hope to see some of the other Olympus 12 in action.

Kamemon also fought in this Epsiode. Interesting how his Missile resembles Missimon.

Sapphire-Phoenix
09-24-2006, 06:48 AM
What an awesome episode... It was great to see the researchers and their struggles in the Digital World. It was also great to see Suguru use his DigiSoul to amplify his ability. Just think of how easily he would&#39;ve been able to evolve a Digimon if he had one ^_^

I actually thought Kudamon was going to evolve when he jumped into the air in that flashback. Pity we didn&#39;t get to see them actually meeting their Digimon.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Perhaps in a later episode.

onkeikun
09-24-2006, 07:38 AM
(???) ? Long.

Yukidarumon is walking in the forest when she hears a baby crying. (Analyzer: Although she looks cold on the outside, she&#39;s very gentle, warm, and hates to fight) Finding Ikuto, she takes an immediate liking to him. While she&#39;s cuddling him to stop his tears (Isn&#39;t she... cold? Won&#39;t she... melt? :x), she hears the faint cries of Ikuto&#39;s real mother calling out his name as the Digital Gate behind her closes. With a smile in her eyes, she says, "So you&#39;re called Ikuto." Ikuto responds with bubbly giggling. Unwilling to leave him alone, Yukidarumon takes him with her.

Present time. At Mercurimon&#39;s lair, Ikuto shouts that they can&#39;t fight. Agumon argues that Aniki is in the middle of a man-to-man match, and tries to hold Ikuto back. Ikuto pulls away and says he won&#39;t allow fighting. Running up to Mercurimon, Ikuto says that he&#39;s met his human mother. He asks Mercurimon for assurance if he was really a human and not a Digimon. Sitting back down on his throne, Mercurimon says, "Yes. You are human. You were never originally from our world to begin with."

Masaru says, that doesn&#39;t give him the right to have done such a thing. Mercurimon doesn&#39;t know what he&#39;s talking about, and Masaru shouts Gotsumon and his comrades had come after them. Mercurimon says that he had never ordered them to... Digimon have enormous hatred for humans, and Gotsumon was one of them. Gotsumon&#39;s attacks were of his own volition.

Ikuto: I hated humans too. But after meeting Masaru and the others, I realized that not all humans are bad.
I became friends with Falcomon. Humans and Digimon don&#39;t need to fight, don&#39;t they?

Mercurimon&#39;s brows furrow at those words, but Kurata comes forward, chuckling. The soldiers behind him also move forward with guns raised.

Kurata: Friends? Think carefully before you say such stupid jokes. Digimon are dangerous beasts who inflict harm on human beings.

His eyes wide with recognition, Mercurimon angrily asks Kurata what he&#39;s doing here. Then his gaze turning to Masaru, he says, "Did you bring him with you? I&#39;ve misjudged you, Daimon Masaru!"

Masaru looks at him in surprise, and Mercurimon says that that man is the leader of the ones who&#39;d killed his comrades and Yukidarumon.

Opening sequence!

Back to the past, Yukidarumon is inside her igloo home, cuddling Ikuto. A large stomp that shakes the earth interrupts them, and Yukidarumon steps outside to see Gotsumon and Mercurimon. Mercurimon greets her, and Yukidarumon asks what one of the Olympus 12 is doing here. Mercurimon says that he&#39;s come to nip the bud of an impending calamity, and Gotsumon adds that he&#39;s talking about the baby. Saying that humans and Digimon were never originally meant to mingle with each other, Mercurimon orders Yukidarumon to hand him the child. But Yukidarumon retorts,

"Despite it being your orders, this is one I refuse to listen to.
I will raise this child, Ikuto! This is something I&#39;ve already decided!"

Gotsumon scolds her for her rudeness, but just then, Ikuto cries and Yukidarumon rushes to comfort him. Looking at the pair, Mercurimon smiles. "I&#39;ve heard of this. Human mothers act this way to protect their children. Are you planning to be that child&#39;s mother?"

"Mother?" Yukidarumon says in slight surprise. Repeating the word softly as she looks down at the smiling Ikuto, she says, "That has a nice ring to it.... All right. Starting today, I will be Ikuto&#39;s mother!"

Mercurimon smiles in resignation. In the present, he explains to DATS, “Yukidarumon loved Ikuto from the bottom of her heart. As if he were her real son.

“But that man ripped apart that bond between Ikuto and Yukidarumon!”

Kurata tells him that’s a one-sided view; the real victim is himself. 10 years ago, the Digimon had almost taken the lives of everyone in the exploration party.

Flashback to 10 years ago. Professor Daimon Suguru is enthusiastically taking pictures of Gomamon playfully jumping around, and Satsuma (then a special investigations police detective) tells him to be more serious because their goal for coming here is to find Ikuto. Hiroshi (then a special investigations assistant inspector) is looking at plants and says he can’t blame the professor; this entire world is full of things no one’s ever seen before. Suguru agrees that it’s a magnificent place, but he’s interrupted by a gun shot. The Gomamon jump into the water in fright, and Kurata comes out from a cave, his gun aimed at a Digimon (Lynxmon? ^^; ). Suguru tells him to throw his gun away, but Kurata shoots again and misses. Just as the Digimon attacks, Suguru grabs and tosses it into the water.

Suguru asks Kurata why he shot, and Kurata says because it was coming after him. Suguru says as long as they don’t appear dangerous, the Digimon have no reason to attack them. As if to support that idea, one of the Gomamon pops out of the water and evolves to Ikkakumon – it’s decided that the humans are enemies and defends itself.

Kurata explains that since then, the days grew hellish. Trying to take refuge from the Digimons’ attacks, they enter Infinity Ice Ridge, only to find SaberLeomon upon them. Meeting a dead end, Kurata brings out a bomb that oscillates space-time; it can be used to force the Digital Gate to open. Suguru tells him that it’s not a finalized version, so it’s too dangerous. But with SaberLeomon drawing near and their choices running out, Kurata presses the switch, saying it’s the only way for them to survive.

Present-time Kurata says it was a close call. If he had acted a second later, they would currently be bloody remnants from being murdered by the vicious Digimon.

Mercurimon: “That’s right, you coward! You escaped. But that man didn’t.
He tackled me with directness until the very end.”

That man he’s talking about is Daimon Suguru. With a Digisoul in his fist, Suguru stops SaberLeomon, telling the rest to return to the human world. SaberLeomon is amazed by how a human can have such power, and Suguru responds that when a man wants to protect something, he finds hidden strength within him. Just like SaberLeomon has his reason to fight, Suguru has friends that he wants to protect – and he punches out SaberLeomon’s eye. Mercurimon appears, and the two exchange fists.

Masaru is extremely impressed at his dad. Mercurimon says that Suguru was very strong; not once did the man falter. When he asked the professor why he stepped into the sacred grounds of the Digital World, Suguru responded,

“Because an unknown wind was blowing here.
I want to know what I don’t. I want to see what I want to see!
That curiosity is a man’s instinct! It’s a natural desire!”

(Uwaaah… this guy really is Masaru’s dad…….)
Mercurimon asks if satisfying that desire gave them the right to enter their world, and Suguru says that’s not what he meant. He explained to Mercurimon their situation, that the Digital Gate made sudden appearances in their world, causing a lot of humans to mysteriously disappear, and that he was also looking for the child of one of his friends - Ikuto. Finally trusting Suguru, Mercurimon told him that Ikuto was alive and well.

Suguru: “Noguchi’s gonna be happy to hear this.”
Mercurimon: “Noguchi?”
Suguru: “Ikuto’s father.”
Mercurimon: “Father?”
Suguru: “I have a son too. His name’s Masaru, and he’s a naughty boy.
Kids are great. They look at you with a direct gaze. While you try teaching them how to live, you always end up learning something from them instead.”

Mercurimon tells him to go to Yggdrasil – a being that can be considered the Digital world’s God. Suguru will need Yggdrasil’s approval to get Digimon and humans to live in harmony. When Suguru asks him where he can find him, Mercurimon responds,

“He is everywhere, and yet nowhere.”

When Suguru asks if he’s making fun of him, Mercurimon responds that you can feel a God, but you can’t see His form. Mercurimon would like to help, but as long as the Digital Gate Kurata had opened is here, he can’t leave (this is the Gate seen in Mercurimon’s lair in previous episodes). He doesn’t want his comrades to come upon it and fall into the human world. Mercurimon and Suguru make a promise to create a world where Digimon and humans can live together.

Suguru goes on a journey to find Yggdrasil, but Kurata says they haven’t heard from him since; he might be lying dead somewhere. Masaru objects.

Back at DATS, Satsuma replies that Professor Daimon is indeed alive. Their proof is that the blueprint of the digivice had been sent to them from the Digital world, and that the professor had entrusted both Kudamon and Kamemon with a message – that he wanted them to cooperate with humans and create an organization that will provide protection to the Digimon who wander into the human world. That was how DATS was established.

Tohma says that explains why both Kudamon and Kamemon’s data weren’t included in the headquarter’s dabatase. Both were emissaries from the Digital world who had come to fulfill Suguru’s wishes - to prevent the vain battles Digimon instigate in the human world. These Digimon would be turned into digieggs and sent back to the Digital world. Mercurimon continued to spend his days in front of the Digital Gate in his lair, until that peace was broken… the day Kurata and his soldiers snuck into the Digital world.

The soldiers use flamethrowers to burn the forests down, and when Mercurimon sees this, he believes Suguru has betrayed him. Ikuto and Falcomon are playing far away when they see the flames. The soldiers are burning down the area where Yukidarumon lives. Some Digimon try to oppose the humans, but Kurata laughs.

“How depressing. These pathetic Digimon think they can defy humans.
Let me show you my supreme masterpiece!”

The soldiers Realize several Gizmon, which shoot at the opposers and leave no digiegg behind. Yukidarumon is still in the forest, waiting for Ikuto to come back. Gotsumon approaches her, saying this isn’t the time for that, but he runs away and leaves her behind when the Gizmon appear. Ikuto and Falcomon appear from the same direction he left, running towards Yukidarumon. Yukidarumon tells them not to come closer, when a Gizmon shoots her.

A soldier reports to Kurata, who is overlooking the destruction while sucking on a lollipop. (Why is he sticking out a pinky…) Kurata orders soldiers to areas where the Digimon are opposing. He grumbles to himself that if they leave these ferocious monsters alone, they’ll come to attack the human world someday. All Digimon must be exterminated. A Gizmon behind Kurata (or someone else?) reports that a large Digimon is heading towards his direction, and Mercurimon appears, obliterating the Gizmon with one strike of his Thousand Fists. Kurata is appalled. Mercurimon demands an explanation from Kurata of why he broke the promise and attacks, but Kurata flees back to the human world using the Space-time Oscillating Bomb again.

Back in the forest, Yukidarumon tells both Ikuto and Falcomon to go… she’s near her end. They try to drag her with them, but she’s too big. With tears in her eyes, Yukidarumon says, “Listen carefully, Ikuto. An unbearable destiny may be waiting for you from this point on. But you must never hate the humans, Ikuto. Because, you are…”

Disappearing at that instant, Ikuto gives a pained scream for his dead mother. Gotsumon says that this is Ikuto’s fault; ever since he’d come here, strange things have occurred in this forest. Falcomon protests, but Gotsumon says that Ikuto really is the seed of disaster, and demands he leave. Falcomon appeals to the other Digimon there, but no one will agree that Ikuto isn’t at fault. Ikuto turns to go, but Mercurimon says that even if he left, Yukidarumon will not return. He tells Ikuto to live in this forest… as the Digital world’s warrior. Painting blue streaks on his cheeks later that day, Ikuto says, “I am a Digimon! The Digital world’s warrior, Ikuto!”

Present time. Ikuto glares at Kurata, and Mercurimon says that he is the man who’d killed his mother. Kurata is snide.

“Mother? What do you mean by that?
ALL Digimon are our enemy. I’m merely fulfilling my mission to protect the humans against the demonic hand of the evil Digimon!”

DATS members do not approve, but Kurata says what are they going to do, attack him? Masaru yells that he’s the worst, and Kurata replies they’re just talk. They can’t even deal with one Digimon.

Kurata: “What a disaster. I’d have preferred things to end with you and Mercurimon striking each other. I’m very disappointed.”

At the snap of Kurata’s fingers, a Gizmon that had been lurking behind Mercurimon shoots him through the chest.

Kurata: “Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for waiting! This is my latest and greatest masterpiece: Gizmon AT!”

Very Pissed Off, DATS members prepare for a fight.

Ending sequence!

Preview: Gizmon is very strong, but Ikuto is determined to defeat it. He’s realized that it isn’t humans he should hate, but bad guys like Kurata. Yatagaramon!

…Yukidarumonnnnnn! ????(??`)????

In the end, it’s still Kurata’s fault. X(

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Very interesting and intense review ! Thank you !

Vande
09-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Yggdrasil mentioned....now the fun begins

Not a Diginoob
09-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Ikuto could have his own kid tarzan esq spin-off series

Ikuto: The Digital World&#39;s warrior

Vande
09-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Ikuto could have his own kid tarzan esq spin-off series Ikuto: The Digital World&#39;s warrior

Now don&#39;t go giving Disney ideas XD

Ninetalesuk
09-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Will Kurata be punished or will he survive? I&#39;m actually thinking he&#39;s gonna die and he gets his revenge on DATS in the 26th episode... Sorta like Gerald Robotnik and the ARK thing... from beyond the grave thing...

MetalGururumon
09-24-2006, 11:25 AM
The Revealed Past - Heartless! Gizumon: AT
or
Like Father, Like Son

Things I Like About Professor Kura-zy: His "Digital Gate in a Sphere"
Things I Dislike About Professor Kura-zy: Everything else.

After viewing this very good, if expository, episode, I no longer see Mercurimon as the Big Bad anymore. If anyone, the Big Bad has to be Professor Kura-zy and his Gizmon. He&#39;s...he&#39;s just cruel to the Digital species. Which is why I absoultely can&#39;t wait for Yatagaramon to arrive next week and fight like it&#39;s never fought before. Ikuto will get a new sequence from it too, no doubt. Seeing the past, with Young!Satsuma, Young!Mishima and Suguru Daimon was pretty cool. I wonder when Masaru&#39;s fighting skills will reach the level of his dad. I&#39;m sure we&#39;ll see in time.

AlforceVeedramon
09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
hard to believe that Mercurimon is good as dead. But at least Yatagaramon is produced from it.

Mercurimon
09-24-2006, 12:16 PM
They... shot... me... W... T... F...

I will not die.

I refuse to believe that that stupid Gizumon AT can kill a God. I highly doubt it will cause death because Mercurimon is a god, Gods are immortals... Regular digimon are like Mortals. You can only kill a god with poison from some sort of plant on an arrow shot into the god&#39;s heart. Very hard to kill. I believe it will only weaken Mercurimon and he will not die.

Not a Diginoob
09-24-2006, 12:18 PM
The Olympus twelve seem more like guardians then gods to me
or at least in savers they do

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Right. Atleast Mercurimon referred to Yggdrassil as a God, but not to himself as a God.

And Gods are indeed mortal in several mythologies. The just don´t die of old age and are hard to kill.

As for Mercurimon, I´m sure that he and other powerfull Digimon could actually survie a Gizmon attack. I also think that their data might return to normal. Why ? Well, I´m pretty sure that the SaberLeomon killed by RizeGreymon and the one Prof. Daimon faough are the same. And remmber that SaverLeomon seemingly lost an eye in this fight.

Raptorscribe
09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
They... shot... me... W... T... F...

I will not die.

I refuse to believe that that stupid Gizumon AT can kill a God. I highly doubt it will cause death because Mercurimon is a god, Gods are immortals... Regular digimon are like Mortals. You can only kill a god with poison from some sort of plant on an arrow shot into the god&#39;s heart. Very hard to kill. I believe it will only weaken Mercurimon and he will not die.

They never ever refer to any of the Olympus Twelve as gods.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 12:52 PM
They are classed as God Man Digimon. And called Olympus 12 Gods. But Gods are not neccesary immortal.

Raptorscribe
09-24-2006, 01:28 PM
A digimon&#39;s type does not neccessarily mean it has all of the roles and abilities associated with such a creature.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Yes, I just wanted to correct your statment about them never been classified as something invovling gods. . Sakuyamon and Susanoomon are God Man Digimon as well ( Did I ever mention that Dub Classifications like Shaman for God Man truely suck ? )

cassius335
09-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Dubs probably closer in this case...

Master Link
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Even though I hope Mercurimon lives, chances are he wont. My guess is he&#39;ll still be holding on for a good portion of the next episode but he&#39;ll eventually die. Which will result in Ikuto getting his full Digisoul.

Devkyu
09-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I would be greatly amused by a Baby I or II version of Mercurimon... sadly that will most likely never happen...

Ikuto
09-24-2006, 07:21 PM
There&#39;s obviously got to be a way for them to counter the effects of Gizumon AT, otherwise it&#39;ll be DATS vs. Kurata = end of series pretty darned fast D: it&#39;s a shame though that by the time they figure it out it&#39;ll be way too late for Mercurimon.

Also notice they say nothing about the second digital gate dissappearing or not, the one Kurata uses when Mercurimon attacks him. So obviously Kurata&#39;s had his finished working digital gate for a long time. I wonder who&#39;s authority he was working under; no random scientist just happens to have a squad of soldiers to jump into the digital world and flush out some ferocious digimon. One could also suggest that said squad of soldiers probably got killed by Mercurimon.

TKTakeru
09-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Anyone else think that the Lynxmon that Kurata tried to shoot later evolved to SaberLeomon who then attacked them?

Sapphire-Phoenix
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Anyone else think that the Lynxmon that Kurata tried to shoot later evolved to SaberLeomon who then attacked them?

That&#39;s what I was thinking when SaberLeomon appeared. They do have a resembelance. And what reason would SaberLeomon have to attack them if he hadn&#39;t already met them and been given a reason to try and kill them.

Maikeru-chan
09-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the summary again onkeikun. That was a good episode even for mostly a flashback but now a lot more is known about the past.

Kurata is nothing more than an annoying little ass who should either die or just get hurt badly. (I do still kinda like him more than Gotsumon though)

About the Lynxmon, who I think Kurata scared or something, unless SLeomon said something like "This time you won&#39;t get away!" or Kurata or someone mentioning Lynxmon when Saber appeared then I don&#39;t think it was the same one.

Now I hope Mercurimon doesn&#39;t die. Judging by the preview he either doesn&#39;t or does like at the end of the next episode.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-25-2006, 01:53 AM

I think itis more a coincidence. SaberLeomon might also have reports about them and decided that they are dangerous.

Dubs probably closer in this case...

I don´t think so. He is based on a God afterall.

cassius335
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
But... but he LOOKS like a Shaman (or at least, what Shamans looked like back before the Wild Wild West). And any idiot can be called a God. Doesn&#39;t mean they are one.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
But he ibased on one. As for Shaman, does Susanoomon look like one ?

cassius335
09-26-2006, 02:22 AM
*shakes head* more like a Knight.

Of course, Susanoomon is an Aincent Spirit Evo, WAY above the power of a mere Mega, so might have somewhat more claim to a &#39;God&#39; title than Mercurimon does.

MugenSeiRyuu
09-26-2006, 03:34 AM
But the fact is that they are based on Gods.

Ninetalesuk
09-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I think the reason they&#39;re renamed them from God to Shaman so they couldn&#39;t get into trouble with relgious people... *CoughSkullSatamonCough*

It&#39;s ironic that they do this because 4Kids kept in the Egyptian Gods in Yu-Gi-Oh. Yet, Bandai doesn&#39;t... Strange, very strange...

MugenSeiRyuu
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I guess that´s because they think that YGO has to be for a more "mature audience".

Unknown Neo
09-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes but they&#39;re the Egyptian Gods. Not any other gods. That and putting who&#39;s god they are won&#39;t fit on the cads and stuff. heh heh heh

gerjomarty
09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
And they did Shaman King. But you can&#39;t go and change the whole point of a show and it&#39;s name, can you? If anyone could, it would be 4Kids. Anyway...

Thanks for the summary onkeikun, that cleared up alot of stuff. So we finally know about Suguru Daimon and where he is, off to find Yggdrasil. He and Kurata seem to be arch-enemies, as it seems that they both created the same type of technology (the devices that realised the soldiers&#39; Gizmon and the iC&#39;s realise function) and are opposing in beliefs. I love the past revelation episodes. Yukidarumon&#39;s story was so sad, and happy at the same time. All set for Yatagaramon&#39;s appearance next episode. I just hope Falcomon is more involved in his own evolution, unlike Agumon or Gaomon.

I think Mercurimon will survive, because while he may not be immortal, he sure is powerful, much more so than SaberLeomon, I feel. Some sort of balance will be upset if Mercurimon is perma-deleted, as you&#39;re possible toying with the balance of the Digital World by removing an incrediby powerful Olympian 12 digimon. Perhaps grounds for Yggdrasil to become involved later on. On Yggdrasil, I loved that quote provided by onkeikun: "He is everywhere, and yet nowhere." I predict subtle references to the producer&#39;s opinions of religion later on. Perhaps this becomes a sort of X-Evolution 2.

Gwydion
09-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Yay for not lurking...

Anyway, well, it came as absolutely no surprise that Mercurimon was the "good" guy and Kurata was the "bad" guy, but I&#39;m glad they finally just spelled it out. This leaves a lot more room to move forward with the plot. I had a REALLY hard time getting into Savers, and it wasn&#39;t until around 12 that I went "Ok, maybe there&#39;s a plot in here somewhere", and there finally is one! Not the most original plot ever, but I never asked for that, lol. But getting to hear a lot of the back stories (in previous eps as well as this one) has really helped me enjoy the series as a whole a lot more. That and Ikuto and Falcomon... I like them. :P Er, tangent, sorry - back on track...

As for this one specifically, I was never a huge fan of Masaru (mainly because he seemed to be the only one really accomplishing anything major for a long time), but I really like his dad. ^_^;; I&#39;m sure we&#39;ll see him in the future, so I&#39;ll be looking forward to that. Ah, and thanks to onkeikun for the summary. I got most of it, but I missed a lot of the subtle references (Olympian 12, Yggdrasil - which I&#39;m assuming are a reference from a form of Digimon I am unfamiliar with (the X movie?)) and how Kamemon and Kudamon got to the human world. I&#39;m interested to see how these references are used in future episodes.

I get the feeling that Mercurimon might die, if only because that would really complicate things. And the creators certainly aren&#39;t afraid of killing off characters. But deep down I&#39;m hoping he doesn&#39;t, because I do like him and find him to be an interesting character. So we&#39;ll just have to see how this plays out. Can&#39;t wait to see Falcomon&#39;s evo in the next episode! <fangirl moment> Yay for Ikuto and Falcomon! </fangirl moment> I just hope that some of the other characters get some more time in the spotlight as well (Tohma, Yoshino, etc). Lately it hasn&#39;t been all Masaru, but I still want more everyone else. :P I&#39;m a sucker for character development...

...goes back to lurking...

Master-Element
10-09-2006, 06:09 PM
What I want to know is what attacks did Kamemon and Kudamon use in those flashbacks

MugenSeiRyuu
10-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Kamemon´s attack looked like a Pointer arrow, so it was for sure the Attack by that name. Kudamon´s may be Zekkou Shou, which translates into Perfect Shining.