PDA

View Full Version : Daigo's and Maki's age?

Solomon
05-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I thought I'd make this thread because I've kind of wondered about a lot of stuff regarding the characters Daigo Nishjima and Maki Himekawa for some time now: such as how old they are during the events of Tri, what respective years they were born, what year the flashback in Loss took place in, etc. And I'm pretty sure others here might have wondered the same too.

If I had to guess myself, I'd assume that Daigo and Maki are probably in their mid-to-late 30s (and were most likely born in the early 70s) and the flashback might've took place sometime in the late 70s or early 80s. Maybe the actual ages and years will be confirmed by Toei or otherwise in the near-future, but for now, it remains a mystery.

But those are my thoughts, what about yours?

Nemomon
05-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Daigo is like 15 yo or less. Just look at him, I like to call him a "shota sensei" since he looks younger than the kids he is teaching.

I think they're at the middle or end of their twenties. Oikawa is early 30s (and does look like a zombie a grandpa), and he was born some time during the '60s. During the events of Tri he would be like 35 yo. Considering that the event of Zero Two take place in 2002, so Tri takes place in 2005, I think I can agree with you that they were born in the late 70s or early 80s, and have like 25 years old.

Solomon
05-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Daigo is like 15 yo or less. Just look at him, I like to call him a "shota sensei" since he looks younger than the kids he is teaching.
Is that supposed to be a joke or something? Just curious.

Nemomon
05-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Yeah, a joke. In my second paragraph I'm talking about realm him (and Maki).

Solomon
05-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Yeah, a joke. In my second paragraph I'm talking about realm him (and Maki).
Okay. What do you mean by realm anyway?

Nemomon
05-07-2017, 11:40 PM
A typo. I meant "real him". I wrote that right before leaving to work, so I tried to write that fast.

Maki probaby is older than Daigo but only by a year or two. I would make her 27 at max. Daigo 25. I don't remember now how the remaining kids looked like, but I remember that one of them was looking really young, so I would give him 23. Maybe it doesn't look like that, but it's been already 6 years since Taichi and the rest entered the Digital World, so the Original Chosen Children are also 6 years older now. When Taichi and co. entered the DW, the Original Chosen Children were already adult or almost adult. So I would guess they entered the DW when they were ~11 or ~12 yo as well. Like 7~8 years before Taichi and the rest, so ~1991 or ~1992.

SharpeBB
05-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Maki probaby is older than Daigo but only by a year or two. I would make her 27 at max. Daigo 25. I don't remember now how the remaining kids looked like, but I remember that one of them was looking really young, so I would give him 23. Maybe it doesn't look like that, but it's been already 6 years since Taichi and the rest entered the Digital World, so the Original Chosen Children are also 6 years older now. When Taichi and co. entered the DW, the Original Chosen Children were already adult or almost adult. So I would guess they entered the DW when they were ~11 or ~12 yo as well. Like 7~8 years before Taichi and the rest, so ~1991 or ~1992.

I would say their ages are somewhere between 27 and 35, largely based on the flashback to when they were in University. Given that Tri. takes place in 2005, and the library they're in has several computers that don't look insanely ancient/enormous, I would estimate that they were in school sometime in the mid 90s.

I say 27 as a minimum because Maki mentioned she would be graduating 'next year', putting her age at the time of the flashback at around 21, and I think it's a safe assumption that it took place before the August 1 1999, because with Maki's obsession, she would have been all over any Digimon sightings. So there would have to be at least 6 years between the flashback and the start of Tri.

Jay Ukyou
05-08-2017, 01:05 AM
I personally like the theory that Maki/Daigo's group are part of the cause of the Hikarigaoka incident with Parrotmon and Greymon when Taichi and Hikari were little.

Nemomon
05-08-2017, 01:38 AM

I would say their ages are somewhere between 27 and 35, largely based on the flashback to when they were in University. Given that Tri. takes place in 2005, and the library they're in has several computers that don't look insanely ancient/enormous, I would estimate that they were in school sometime in the mid 90s.

I say 27 as a minimum because Maki mentioned she would be graduating 'next year', putting her age at the time of the flashback at around 21, and I think it's a safe assumption that it took place before the August 1 1999, because with Maki's obsession, she would have been all over any Digimon sightings. So there would have to be at least 6 years between the flashback and the start of Tri.

If they're ~35, then it would mean that they're like 3 years younger than Oikawa. But the Digital World Oikawa and Iori's father saw was much different than the world Daigo and the rest been in. And I don't think it would be possible for a world to change its GameBoy appearance to a PC appearance within a few years. Therefore I think that either they're younger or Oikawa's life history is not canon in Tri.

SharpeBB
05-08-2017, 10:30 AM
If they're ~35, then it would mean that they're like 3 years younger than Oikawa. But the Digital World Oikawa and Iori's father saw was much different than the world Daigo and the rest been in. And I don't think it would be possible for a world to change its GameBoy appearance to a PC appearance within a few years. Therefore I think that either they're younger or Oikawa's life history is not canon in Tri.
I chose 35 as a max more just due to their physical appearance, that they could be in their 30s, but not much older than that.

As for the appearance of the Digital World, it's never really consistent on how it is seen in the real world. When it appears in the sky, it looks real to the whole world, but everything everything Oikawa has in relation to it has pixelated graphics. Maybe it changes based on whether people have actually been there or not, or maybe every the DigiDestined save the Digital World, something in the coding resets and changes how it's perceived in the real world. All speculation of course and I doubt they'll ever explain it.

Ultimately, I do agree that Maki and Daigo are probably younger than Oikawa, but it's hard to tell for sure.

I personally like the theory that Maki/Daigo's group are part of the cause of the Hikarigaoka incident with Parrotmon and Greymon when Taichi and Hikari were little.
I like the theory too, but I don't think it really makes sense with the timeline. That event occurred in 1995, and it's now 2005. If we assume that Maki and Daigo were about 11 when they first went to the Digital World, that means they'd be in their early 20s at the time of Tri. Given that they showed us the two in their late teens/early 20s in one of the flashbacks, I don't think the timing fits.

However, since we don't have solid confirmation on any of their ages, they certainly could have partly caused the Hikarigaoka incident. If they were, I would certainly hope that gets explained at some point.

Theigno
05-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I would place them more in the thirties range than the twenties (and consequently their digital world adventure before 1990) mainly for the sake of the role they play in the plot. They are working with some kind of elite unit and besides some rather minimal briefings with higher ups they seem to have pretty much free reign with what they do, especially Himekawa seems to run much of the operation on her own with access to all the information, etc placing her relatively high up the command chain. So it doesn't make sense for her to be too young, the Japanese government (especially with the complex most of japanese culture has about seniority) wouldn't just leave critical secret operations involving monsters that could very well blow up Tokyo under the authority of some inexperienced newbie agents that only just graduated from college and joined whatever agency we're dealing with here 2 years ago. Them being former chosen children might explain their motives for ending up where they are but (especially since I'm not sure the government even knows of that) it doesn't qualify them for anything in particular. So it's more believable that they are older and had time to work their up in the agency throughout the years.
(Of course bad writing is always an option)

I don't think the digital world actually ever looked like a gameboy game. After all, everything we see from that time is just a representation of it on a monitor, not an actual gate. We see the same effect in Movie 2 when Gennai contacts Taichi and Koushiro on their computer and his garden is represented as simple sprite graphics even though we know that it's a physical environment in the actual digital world.

Unknown Neo
05-08-2017, 04:32 PM
30s sound about right. Considering a lot of us watching might be that. heh But it would fit well.

SharpeBB
05-08-2017, 06:41 PM
I don't think the digital world actually ever looked like a gameboy game. After all, everything we see from that time is just a representation of it on a monitor, not an actual gate. We see the same effect in Movie 2 when Gennai contacts Taichi and Koushiro on their computer and his garden is represented as simple sprite graphics even though we know that it's a physical environment in the actual digital world.
This is what I was trying to say, but you did such a better job of articulating it. :P So thanks for that.

30s sound about right. Considering a lot of us watching might be that. heh But it would fit well.
You know, that's something I hadn't really considered, but it does make some sense. Having characters of an age closer to many of the viewers, since we've aged 15+ years since Digimon began, could make some viewers feel a bit more connected. Certainly wouldn't be the only reason, but it's something.

Ultimately, I'm still sticking with my 27 - 35 estimate. Though now I want them to actually confirm their ages because I'm curious. I didn't really care before... haha

Jay Ukyou
05-08-2017, 07:48 PM
So it's more believable that they are older and had time to work their up in the agency throughout the years. (Of course bad writing is always an option) Not necessarily -bad- writing, but it would be extremely -anime- for them to be 'the youngest agents to ever hold such a prestigious positions in such an agency!'....Just look at Tohma from Savers. Or Koushirou in tri itself! Or Yuu/Nene/Kiriha from XW for slightly less egregious versions of it. Even Ruki and Ryou are flavors of this, but that makes slightly more sense due to them being world champions of a children's card game. ...Basically, I'm saying I wouldn't even blink an eye if it turned out that Maki and Daigo are supposed to be 23.

Muur
05-09-2017, 10:14 AM
25+, I'd say Daigo is a little younger than Maki though by a year or two. the youngest 25, though that's generous.

VampireAngemon
05-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Is Daigo qualified as a school teacher? Early 20s is the least he could have as age.

Theigno
05-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Is Daigo qualified as a school teacher?
We don't know about his qualifications. He was only a part-time/substitute teacher so that's sets the bar a bit lower and of course he was basically put in the school by the government so they could have just faked his qualifications to get him in. I guess it's possible they had him get an actual license to make his cover more believable... It's probably not something that tri will ever go into detail about, as usual.

Kiimon: Blast Mode
05-25-2017, 12:43 PM
Is Daigo qualified as a school teacher?
We don't know about his qualifications. He was only a part-time/substitute teacher so that's sets the bar a bit lower and of course he was basically put in the school by the government so they could have just faked his qualifications to get him in. I guess it's possible they had him get an actual license to make his cover more believable... It's probably not something that tri will ever go into detail about, as usual.

Was he a substitute? I don't remember them saying that and the kids seemed close to him. Maybe I missed something but I'm pretty sure he was a regular teacher.

MajinAkuma
08-01-2017, 10:32 PM
I guess that the adventure of the original five happened prior to 1995, since the Hikarigaoka event caused the next Chosen Children to be chosen and the Gennais were preparing their Digimon, DigiVices and Crests in preparation. And even if we say the were in the Digitial World in 1995, they would be around 21+.

I'm not sure how and when the events went. The Four Holy Beasts defeated the Dark Masters and Apocalymon. Apocalymon was the reason for the time difference between the two worlds. The Dark Masters returned and sealed the Four Holy Beasts. And the Dark Masters seemed to be the course of several Digimon being evil and devoted to the darkness, since I've never seen any of those running around in 02 other than Demon and his corpse and they are the only exception.

But if the Dark Masters returned in 1995+ or maybe even prior to that, what were they doing between 1995 and 1999? Were they gathering power or setting plans or something? In Adventure, it took them approximately 11 years to create the Spiral Mountain and they did it after the Chosen Children left the Digital World to protect Hikari. The reason I'm convinced that they returned in 1995+ is because Gennai's team was already preparing the next set of Chosen Children. They wouldn't do that if the original Chosen Children could had done the job themselves. But they couldn't because their partners were sealed and there was nothing they could do unseal them. And there's no indication that the original five had even Crests and the Crests might be a post-1995 invention.

If someone can show me a timeline, please do so.

MasterOfTartarus
08-02-2017, 12:15 AM
well if we go by what SharpBB said and they are 21 in the university flashback (which seems logical) and since Maki seems to imply that they both graduate that would make them the same age
but Maki wasn´t obsessed with digimon at that point, let´s say the 1995 incident happened the same year, then Maki and Daigo would be 31 in Tri, seems reasonable.
if we say they are about 11 back on their adventure then that would be 1985

if you are curious, that means that 14 years have passed between Daigo and Makis adventure and the Adventure we know.
14 years in the digital world would be equal to exactly 20160 years.

Theigno
08-02-2017, 03:51 AM
And the Dark Masters seemed to be the course of several Digimon being evil and devoted to the darkness, since I've never seen any of those running around in 02 other than Demon and his corpse and they are the only exception.
I doubt that there were no other evil Digimon at all only because they didn't participate in that specific conflict. It was even something the Homeostasis brought up; that there is always a balance between light and darkness and the problems with the dark masters and apocalymon wasn't that they were powers of darkness in general but that they were powers of darkness strong enough to tip the balance. So after their defeat that shouldn't mean that there is no darkness around, it just gets properly balanced out again.

But if the Dark Masters returned in 1995+ or maybe even prior to that, what were they doing between 1995 and 1999? Were they gathering power or setting plans or something?
According to the novels they were still in the process of sealing the Holy Beasts.

The reason I'm convinced that they returned in 1995+ is because Gennai's team was already preparing the next set of Chosen Children. I think the plus might be the important part because we don't know how long after the Hikarigaoka incident the invasion scene actually takes place. Could still be 1995 or who knows, even 1998 or something; in Digital world time both would be ancient enough.

They wouldn't do that if the original Chosen Children could had done the job themselves. But they couldn't because their partners were sealed and there was nothing they could do unseal them. And there's no indication that the original five had even Crests and the Crests might be a post-1995 invention. Since the Holy beasts are Ultimate level and the original chosen never seemed to have managed to evolve their partners that far, calling them back, even if it was possible, might just have been a waste of time.

If someone can show me a timeline, please do so.
No official timeline like that was ever published.

DBxDigimon_fan
08-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Does anybody think its possible to give a rough estimate about the year when looking at the technology at the time of the flashback? I know in Tri alone, it seems like they're paying attention to detail on the technology of 2005; the phones, the cars etc. In 1995 on Adventure, the computers look exactly as they were in that time and the computer in the pilot movie could even have been an older computer from the early 90s. In Adventure 02, the computers look a little more refined and even with flat screen monitors. Now, the computers in Daigo's flashback of them in high school look older than the ones in Adventure 02 but they're still not the giant boxes they were in the pilot movie or season 1; in fact they're flat screens albeit thick, boxy ones. Could Daigo & Maki have been in high school in the late 90s or even in 2000 or 2001?

I think so and given the computer tech I purpose 2000 for the flashback, since flat screens couldn't have been in a school library any sooner than the late 90s and I don't think the Tri team would go to the trouble to make them look like the older, boxy models of flatscreen if they weren't meant to follow their attention to detail on tech at the time of each event. Now, supposing they were 17 in the flashback to high school, and 11 or 12 (they look different ages) in the flashback to the digital world - basing this on the season 1 chosen childrens' appearances at these ages, then the time they were in the digital world would have been 1994 or 1995 making them 21 or 22 at the time of Tri. I think it makes sense since a big event happened in 1995 and knowing the Digimon team there are usually no such things as coincidences.

Personally, I don't think either of the two look that old in Tri.

SharpeBB
08-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Could Daigo & Maki have been in high school in the late 90s or even in 2000 or 2001?
Could they have been? Yes, but I'm still more inclined to believe that the whole flashback took place when they were in University. They aren't wearing uniforms and a university is one of the few places that would be able to afford several computers.

As for when the flashback took place, I'm still sticking with pre-1999, because like I said before, Maki's obsession with the Digimon would have led to her being very interested and excited in all the events that took place that year. During the flashback, she seems very calm.

DBxDigimon_fan
08-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Oh, I didn't think about the possibility it could be university. I guess I was stuck on Daigo talking to Maki at that festival and talking about their high school days. And yeah, Maki - in the flashback - mentions she wanted to start studying more about it "next year" and so it would make more sense if the digital world hadn't appeared in the sky yet by the time she was talking about it with Daigo.

So if that was them in university, perhaps then they were 20 or 21 in the flashback, c 1997, and still 11 or 12 in the digital world c 1988? Something like that...

Jay Ukyou
08-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Actually, since the writers -haven't- told us Daigo and Maki's ages yet and how much that could affect our ability to predict the story/backstory makes me think that there's a higher chance of them being related to one of the major events in the pre-1999 timeline of Adventure (either the Parrotmon incident, or something involved with Oikawa/Hiroki, or something Digital World-related like the invention of Digivices?)

MajinAkuma
08-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Their clothings don't indicate any decade. Himekawa's outfit looked too modern to be from the 80s/90s, at least in my eyes. Did Japanese girls wear shorts that short at that time. (I guess they did because Kasumi from Pokémon and Bulma from Dragon Ball did, but those two were fanservice characters.) The Xuanwumon girl's outfit looked more like something that could be tolerable at that time.

Ryudamon
08-11-2017, 02:08 PM
I do not know. If Diego and Maki stay int he Digital World for very long, they might be younger then we think. The tamers do not age as much in the Digital World so they could be born in the early 70s but still be in the early 20s.

Theigno
08-11-2017, 02:30 PM
I do not know. If Diego and Maki stay int he Digital World for very long, they might be younger then we think. The tamers do not age as much in the Digital World so they could be born in the early 70s but still be in the early 20s.
There's no proof for the digital world having any effect on aging. Even tamers, which was the one of te rare cases where te digital explicitely had an effect on some parts of their physiology there wasn't any indication of tat.

SharpeBB
08-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Their clothings don't indicate any decade. Himekawa's outfit looked too modern to be from the 80s/90s, at least in my eyes. Did Japanese girls wear shorts that short at that time. (I guess they did because Kasumi from Pokémon and Bulma from Dragon Ball did, but those two were fanservice characters.) The Xuanwumon girl's outfit looked more like something that could be tolerable at that time.
I think the clothes were just clothes. I don't think there was an excessive amount of thought put into them, because there didn't have to be. It could have been intentional that the clothes were made 'too modern' to throw people off, but I doubt it. Regardless of what they're wearing, we know the flashback is in the 90s at the very least.

There's no proof for the digital world having any effect on aging. Even tamers, which was the one of te rare cases where te digital explicitely had an effect on some parts of their physiology there wasn't any indication of tat.
Agreed. Even if there was some impact, presumably it would have been seen in season 1. The kids spend months in the Digital World, so any change would likely have been seen, whether it was slow, or faster aging.

Anything that happened to the original DigiDestined would have had to happen to the Adventure kids, and we've been given no indication that there's anything off with them.

MajinAkuma
08-12-2017, 12:41 AM
Aging was possible in Savers' Digital World. But I don't think that Adventure's/02's Digital World prevents them from aging. That would be problematic in 02, where Ken spent three months there and I don't think the heroes went every day there. Look at the six senpais and Michael who all had significantly fewer opportunities to go to the Digital World. 02 took place between early April and December 31, but none of look older than their debut appearance. It seems more like an anime thing where they don't appear age as if they're Satoshi from Pokémon.

Adventure appears trickier to me than 02, but even if they did age, it wouldn't visible to us viewers because the characters' appearance doesn't change due for the sake of simplicity.

And didn't the Tamers spent several months in te real world before their departure? They didn't age in our eyes either.

MasterOfTartarus
08-12-2017, 01:10 AM
ken isn´t the problem, since time flows the same in the digita world in 02 cause the ending of adventure

SharpeBB
08-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Aging was possible in Savers' Digital World. But I don't think that Adventure's/02's Digital World prevents them from aging. That would be problematic in 02, where Ken spent three months there and I don't think the heroes went every day there. Look at the six senpais and Michael who all had significantly fewer opportunities to go to the Digital World. 02 took place between early April and December 31, but none of look older than their debut appearance. It seems more like an anime thing where they don't appear age as if they're Satoshi from Pokémon.

Adventure appears trickier to me than 02, but even if they did age, it wouldn't visible to us viewers because the characters' appearance doesn't change due for the sake of simplicity.

And didn't the Tamers spent several months in te real world before their departure? They didn't age in our eyes either.
If aging in the Digital World was a thing or relevant, they would have shown us that, simplicity be damned. In adventure, they make several allusions to how long they spent in the Digital World. If they really wanted to showcase how much time had passed, the easiest way to do that would be to show that they aged! We're talking a bunch of kids who are constantly growing, some about to hit puberty. If they wanted, the creators could have easily shown them physically aging.

But they didn't, which to me implies that there is no real aging in the Digital World. And if there's no importance in aging, then obviously the animators won't put much effort into making big character changes, for simplicity, like you said.

And as Tartarus said, anything that happened after Adventure is moot in terms of aging, since the Digital World time had synced with the real world.

MajinAkuma
08-12-2017, 05:08 AM
But they didn't, which to me implies that there is no real aging in the Digital World. And if there's no importance in aging, then obviously the animators won't put much effort into making big character changes, for simplicity, like you said.
And as Tartarus said, anything that happened after Adventure is moot in terms of aging, since the Digital World time had synced with the real world.
We don't know if time in Adventure's Digital World even affect their physical bodies or if 02's Digital World follows the same rules as the other Digital World when it comes to aging. If there's the hypothesis that time doesn't affect the children's bodies, how do we know that 02's world wouldn't follow the same principle. The one thing we know about the times of both worlds is their speed. Time in Adventure's world flows significantly faster. But that's the only thing we know. Yet both Digital Worlds could follow the same rules when it comes to aging, and unfortunately, the Adventure kids didn't spent enough time in the Digital World that would showcase if they could age or not. If they can, then it's easier to write 02 that way, since the series spends 9 months in real life. But if they couldn't, then the Digital World would be a fountain of youth, and 02's could be the same.

Because simplicity is a thing, the writers probably didn't thought of that, which actually may imply that both Digital Worlds don't follow the same rules in terms of aging at all, since it's way easier for them and us viewers to determine the children's ages. Thus, I theorize that Adventure's Digital World doesn't have a concept of aging for the children.

It's very likely to assume that the original five didn't age in the Digital World, since their Digital World is the same as in Adventure and isn't the reconstructed one from 02.

Theigno
08-12-2017, 09:36 AM
No one seems to age during 02 despite them spending the majority of their time in the real world where we know people age, unless you want to dispute that also.
And the easiest way to establish how much time passed it have them talk about how much time passed, which is exactly what they do.

When talking about growth before puberty, the average height difference during that age for an entire year is like 7cm, and if you think that a couple months, probably 4 at most, in other words about 3cm or less, would be a big deal to anyone you underestimate how bad humans instinctively are at absolute measurements... and even if their parents were the sort that measured their kids every year, which is probably they only time they could notice any difference said difference would still be pretty much within normal margins.
Of course including miniscule height changes in their designs would generally get lost in how fluid/inconsistent the proportions in general are during the animation, so it be a waste of time.

SharpeBB
08-12-2017, 09:51 AM
We don't know if time in Adventure's Digital World even affect their physical bodies or if 02's Digital World follows the same rules as the other Digital World when it comes to aging. If there's the hypothesis that time doesn't affect the children's bodies, how do we know that 02's world wouldn't follow the same principle. The one thing we know about the times of both worlds is their speed. Time in Adventure's world flows significantly faster. But that's the only thing we know. Yet both Digital Worlds could follow the same rules when it comes to aging, and unfortunately, the Adventure kids didn't spent enough time in the Digital World that would showcase if they could age or not. If they can, then it's easier to write 02 that way, since the series spends 9 months in real life. But if they couldn't, then the Digital World would be a fountain of youth, and 02's could be the same.

Because simplicity is a thing, the writers probably didn't thought of that, which actually may imply that both Digital Worlds don't follow the same rules in terms of aging at all, since it's way easier for them and us viewers to determine the children's ages. Thus, I theorize that Adventure's Digital World doesn't have a concept of aging for the children.

It's very likely to assume that the original five didn't age in the Digital World, since their Digital World is the same as in Adventure and isn't the reconstructed one from 02.

You are forgetting that they did spend several months in the Digital World in Adventure, and like I said if there was aging it likely would have been noticeable given the character's ages. Otherwise, we're just agreeing that there is no concept of aging, and that the original five didn't really age, albeit in different ways.

But there has only been one Digital World in the Adventure universe. Yes, it was reconstructed at the end of Adventure, but it is still the same world.

No one seems to age during 02 despite them spending the majority of their time in the real world where we know people age, unless you want to dispute that also.
And the easiest way to establish how much time passed it have them talk about how much time passed, which is exactly what they do.

When talking about growth before puberty, the average height difference during that age for an entire year is like 7cm, and if you think that a couple months, probably 4 at most, in other words about 3cm or less, would be a big deal to anyone you underestimate how bad humans instinctively are at absolute measurements... and even if their parents were the sort that measured their kids every year, which is probably they only time they could notice any difference said difference would still be pretty much within normal margins.
Of course including miniscule height changes in their designs would generally get lost in how fluid/inconsistent the proportions in general are during the animation, so it be a waste of time.
I agree with the fact that a lot people don't notice small changes, I was just saying making them physically age would have been a way to portray that they had been aging. I mean, if you look at Hikari and Takeru, Hikari was a little bit taller in Adventure, but TK had far outgrown her by the time we hit 02, a span of three years. So if there was proportional aging in the Digital World in adventure, I think we at least would have seen him gaining some ground on Hikari.

Ultimately though, for me it goes back to the fact that since they didn't include any references to it in the first place, aging isn't really something that is considered relevant in the Adventure world.

MajinAkuma
08-12-2017, 10:52 AM
You are forgetting that they did spend several months in the Digital World in Adventure, and like I said if there was aging it likely would have been noticeable given the character's ages. Otherwise, we're just agreeing that there is no concept of aging, and that the original five didn't really age, albeit in different ways.

Ultimately though, for me it goes back to the fact that since they didn't include any references to it in the first place, aging isn't really something that is considered relevant in the Adventure world.
I didn't forget it and I considered it in my previous post. But Toei didn't consider aging as a problem for Adventure. After all, they all have the exact same appearance every episode. They don't even grow hair. 02 is even a better example, since they spend most of the time in the real world rather than in the Digital World, yet they all still look the same in the series, despite it takes place within 9 months. It's common in Toei's original kid shows because they did it with the PreCure franchise all the time. The Max Heart team look still the same despite we saw them "grow" for two years.

The fact that they still look the same is the reason why I brought up simplicity in the first place.

But there has only been one Digital World in the Adventure universe. Yes, it was reconstructed at the end of Adventure, but it is still the same world.

That's true in a certain point of view, but so does my statement. They "new" Digitial World is reconstructed from the first, but it's still different enough from the old one. The time of the Digital World has synced with the real world and there are more gates than ever. Maybe because the world has evolved, but "new" world works so much different from the "old" world that are barely the same anymore.

SharpeBB
08-12-2017, 04:40 PM
You're arguing with me and yet making my point at the same time. I agree that aging isn't something that was considered. I did from the beginning. I'm saying that if age mattered, they could have actually shown aging. And they didn't. Which is why, going back, I don't think amount of time spent in the Digital World really affects Maki and Daigo's age.

And I'm not going to get into anymore conjecture and speculation of 'versions' of the Digital World, because that's not the point of this thread.

DBxDigimon_fan
08-18-2017, 03:27 PM
I don't think Maki & Daigo's ages were affected by visiting the digital world anymore than it did Taichi, Daisuke, & co.'s ages to be honest. Guess I don't have any SOLID evidence on that but there's really nothing that goes the other way either. But I'm sure they'll never say how old they are old they are or when it was the original five chosen children fought the dark masters but I think seeing the last two movies will at least give us a better idea