PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Adventure Tri. Evolution

Digimon'sDigitalWill
03-16-2016, 12:16 PM
I would like to use this thread to discuss about Evolutions in Digimon Adventure Tri. including Chosen Children's Character Arcs, The Digimon Evolution Moment, and The Digimon Evolution Sequence.

First off, Determination suggests that Ultimate Evolution is accessed through solving Characters' Flaws. I find this interesting as Perfect Evolution was about maximizing or realising Characters' Crests, their outstanding attributes. Coincidentally or intentionally, it seems that Ultimate Evolution Sequence seems to be quick in changing forms in the same posture or stance as the characters declaring their resolutions. Another thing is that it seems like conflicts are the opposite of their crests so far. Taichi and Yamato having Courage and Friendship issue aside, Mimi's Crest is Purity/Sincerity, but her flaw is being Self-Centered/not caring for others in the pure sense. Jou's Crest is Sincerity/Reliability, but his flaw is being a coward/running away, thus, not reliable. It is nice that Ultimate Evolution does seem to have resonance/resonate with the Characters' maturity versus problems.

Personally, I feel like the Warp Evolution Sequence from Digimon Adventure Game is more intricate, but I like the fact that they are evolving from Perfect to Ultimate.

DigitalCorp
03-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Speaking of evolution, I wonder if we're going to be seeing Pegasusmon and Nefertimon in these movies. Patamon and Gatomon are the only ones who can Armor Digivolve.

Sabrblade
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
I kinda feel like the Ultimate Evolutions being "unlocked" the way they were in tri. Chapter 2 was a little too easily handled. For the Warp Evolutions of Agumon and Gabumon to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, unlocking them took a vaguely-defined miracle attached to a suicidal prophecy. For Paildramon's Ultimate Evolution to Imperialdramon, it took a divine power boost granted by one of the Digital World's ruling gods, and a second dosage of it later to unlock his Fighter Mode. But here? Vikemon and Rosemon appear because Jyou and Mimi merely figure out what's wrong with how they've been thinking and acting? That's really not as impressive as the other two examples were.

Jou's Crest is Sincerity/Reliability, but his flaw is being a coward/running away, thus, not reliable. It is nice that Ultimate Evolution does seem to have resonance/resonate with the Characters' maturity versus problems.It's not so much that he was being unreliable. Jyou was lying to himself about what he prioritized as important. Deep down he really wanted to help, but because he had placed the weight of the world of entering adulthood on his shoulder, he convinced himself that he wasn't needed and that it wasn't his fight to begin with. He kept pushing Gomamon and the others away, thinking that setting aside his duties as a Chosen Child would make things like his constant studying easier for him. But when Gomamon actually left him and gave him the space he needing to focus better on his studies, he couldn't focus since all he could think about was Gomamon. When Hikari confronted him about his needing a reason for why he was chosen, she helped him to remember that his and Gomamon being partners was all the reason he needed, that his pushing away Gomamon, his friends, and his being Chosen only made things worse for him. His thinking that pushing away Gomamon, his friends, and his being Chosen was him being insincere towards himself, with his true sincerity coming to fruition when he came back for Gomamon during the Imperialdramon battle in spite of his constant study requirements.

DigitalCorp
03-17-2016, 05:00 AM
And in dub terms, Kari helped Joe realize that his friends and Gomamon relied on him heavily and that he should be there. (At least, I think that's how the dub will shape it.)

AquaVersus
03-17-2016, 02:56 PM
I kinda feel like the Ultimate Evolutions being "unlocked" the way they were in tri. Chapter 2 was a little too easily handled. For the Warp Evolutions of Agumon and Gabumon to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, unlocking them took a vaguely-defined miracle attached to a suicidal prophecy. For Paildramon's Ultimate Evolution to Imperialdramon, it took a divine power boost granted by one of the Digital World's ruling gods, and a second dosage of it later to unlock his Fighter Mode. But here? Vikemon and Rosemon appear because Jyou and Mimi merely figure out what's wrong with how they've been thinking and acting? That's really not as impressive as the other two examples were.

On the contrary, I prefer how Vikemon and Rosemon were handled as WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, and Imperialdramon all felt very impersonal/detached from the children themselves.

milky
03-18-2016, 03:39 AM

IDK bout you but character growth is more impressive than divine intervention imo.

Sabrblade
03-18-2016, 05:46 AM
If it was that easy for Jyou and Mimi to unlock their respective digimon partner's Ultimate forms, then everyone ought to have done so a long time ago.

The divinity involved in the unlocking of WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, and Imperialdramon fits in with the notion that the Ultimate level is a nigh-unattainable level that is the stuff of legend. It should not be so easily reachable for just any digimon. The Perfect level is called "Perfect" ("Kanzentai") for a reason, as that form is supposed to be the form that most digimon should strive to achieve as their long term evolutionary end goal, as the Ultimate level is a form beyond the best, beyond nature, beyond all usual possibility.

Reaching that form shouldn't be taken so lightly, yet Gomamon and Palmon both reached their Ultimates in such a casual manner like it was nothing, with very little fanfare even. Whereas the first appearances of WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, and Imperialdramon were treated as momentous, miraculous, and grandiose spectacles full of shock and awe.

flintlock
03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
If it was that easy for Jyou and Mimi to unlock their respective digimon partner's Ultimate forms, then everyone ought to have done so a long time ago.

Well it's obviously the Chosen Childen didn't evolve to ultimate because of the huge leap in time from when the shows were created and the writers had all different intents in mind so personally it doesn't bother me at all. Everyone apparently completely forgot that Tri had its own prophecy similar to the one for WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. So you guys are wrong. It was the result of a prophecized divine miracle and not just character development. It was all possibly implied part of Hackmon's plan too so that makes a difference.

Also in Adventure Leomon just got an Ultimate form for no real divine reason along with MetalEtemon.

Would you rather them not evolve at all past what we saw in Adventure?

AquaVersus
03-19-2016, 11:15 AM

Joe nearly has a mental breakdown and cries in the rain. He chases away his Digimon partner. He admits to hating himself. He's facing the pressure of Japanese society (heck, society in general) to grow up and contribute and do something that others see as valuable, and he's also facing the lies that he tells himself about himself. And you think that's easy?

The same goes for Mimi, though to a lesser degree. She doesn't have a breakdown, but she deals with guilt, with feeling isolated in what should be her home country, with the lie she tells herself that she is selfish and she forces her own version of happiness onto others. Mimi, like Joe, starts to detest herself.

Both of these kids quite literally start to hate themselves before they learn to accept their flaws and see them in a new light, seeing their flaws as something that contribute to their overall personalities and they learn that THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE despite all of that. Now, the resolutions to their character arcs were indeed a bit rushed, so I don't blame you if you didn't get the full scope of what happened to Mimi and Joe...but it is NOT easy to go through that.

FarmerRaguna
03-22-2016, 03:45 AM
I have to disagree on the argument that "If it's not a miracle, they could've reached it before". For me, it's way easier to see it as, if there was no "prophecy" and "miracles" for Taichi and Yamato, they would've never been able to reach that level either, because the kids in Digimon Adventure just did not have the level of maturity and ability to face their own inner demons to reach that point with their Digimon. As Jyou himself says, "We were the ones holding the Digimon back", or something along those lines. That, for me, shows why the digidestined would be only now getting their Ultimate evolutions.

And, like AquaVersus said, both Mimi and Jyou had to face some "inner demons" to be able to reach that point. The way the events unfolded, and how the world around them seemed to act upon that "uglier side" they have shown after reaching this level of maturity made they look at themselves with some sort of disgust, and the movie was centered about, guess it, the determination to turn that image of themselves around, to be able to grow stronger and face the challenge before them. I thought that, as rushed as the resolution was, the Ultimate evolution felt very well deserved for them. Almost felt like Persona 4, when the character of the dungeon receives their Persona after accepting their shadow. I just hope they cover a wide array of different problems with the rest of the cast, so their evolutions feel fresh, even though we know they're coming.

I personally can't wait for Seraphimon and Ophanimon's appearances.

CoDL
03-22-2016, 05:18 AM
I don't think anyone is diminishing what the characters actually had to do to reach Ultimate. To me personally it just felt like the when the episode was being written the writers said "have we filled up enough of the episode? Good. Now the good guys win." It just happened so fast and in my opinion it was a little anticlimactic (although I loved seeing Vikemon and Rosemon).

Mischief_Managed
03-23-2016, 12:36 PM
When Reunion came out I really liked the Child - Adult evolution sequences... I thought the idea of the egg the ring really good and I didn't mind about the weir poses. They were simple evolutions but really cool! In Determination it seems they made a bit of exchange with the ring part and how the Digimon glow when the ring is passing through his body... Well I think the reason was to make it more detailed, maybe... Does anyone know if the Reunion bluray is out yet? Did they change the evolution sequences in that bluray?
And do you think we might be able to see a Plotmon - Tailmon evolution sequence in future movies? I doubt it but it will be pretty cool !!

Anyway I also liked the Adult - Perfect sequences. The way the digivice change its colour and then the crest symbol appeared... I was super excited when I saw Togemon - Lilimon !! The feels from the original show were massive!! I wish they have put Ikkakumon in a ball of water instead of making him in code... It would be more unique but anyway they put the hammer appearing just like in season 1 so... I think that will be the logic for all the Adult - Perfect evolutions we'll see in the next movies and I think it's vey cool indeed...

About the Perfect - Ultimate sequences... Those might be the ones I was less excited about... I wish they kept them simple but more unique... And I think that for climatic reasons it would have been better if Gomamon and Palmon used warp evolution... But for that they needed to change all the pace of the battle, because at that pace it would not be fluid if they have regressed and then evolved again (but anyway I don't think the pace of the evolutions was good AT ALL because it didn't feel like the Perfect - Ultimate evolution was more unique/important the the previous one, I wish they had paced it better)

The good thing about they using the Ultimate evolution instead of the Warp Evolution, at least for me, is that maybe the 15th Anniversary Digivice is not accurate and we'll get to see Tailmon - Ofanimon :) But we'll need to wait at least two more movies two find out so we'll see...

C-MC
03-23-2016, 05:00 PM
When Reunion came out I really liked the Child - Adult evolution sequences... I thought the idea of the egg the ring really good and I didn't mind about the weir poses. They were simple evolutions but really cool! In Confession it seems they made a bit of exchange with the ring part and how the Digimon glow when the ring is passing through his body... Well I think the reason was to make it more detailed, maybe... Does anyone know if the Reunion bluray is out yet? Did they change the evolution sequences in that bluray?
And do you think we might be able to see a Plotmon - Tailmon evolution sequence in future movies? I doubt it but it will be pretty cool !!

Anyway I also liked the Adult - Perfect sequences. The way the digivice change its colour and then the crest symbol appeared... I was super excited when I saw Togemon - Lilimon !! The feels from the original show were massive!! I wish they have put Ikkakumon in a ball of water instead of making him in code... It would be more unique but anyway they put the hammer appearing just like in season 1 so... I think that will be the logic for all the Adult - Perfect evolutions we'll see in the next movies and I think it's vey cool indeed...

About the Perfect - Ultimate sequences... Those might be the ones I was less excited about... I wish they kept them simple but more unique... And I think that for climatic reasons it would have been better if Gomamon and Palmon used warp evolution... But for that they needed to change all the pace of the battle, because at that pace it would not be fluid if they have regressed and then evolved again (but anyway I don't think the pace of the evolutions was good AT ALL because it didn't feel like the Perfect - Ultimate evolution was more unique/important the the previous one, I wish they had paced it better)

The good thing about they using the Ultimate evolution instead of the Warp Evolution, at least for me, is that maybe the 15th Anniversary Digivice is not accurate and we'll get to see Tailmon - Ofanimon :) But we'll need to wait at least two more movies two find out so we'll see...First off the 2nd movie is called Determination, Confession is the third movie and yeah the DVD/Blu-ray of Reunion was released on December 18th but it's raw (non subbed)

Mischief_Managed
03-24-2016, 04:00 AM
Oops my mistake, Thanks!

Theigno
03-24-2016, 08:55 AM
Did they change the evolution sequences in that bluray?
They didn't change anything... after all they were already selling blurays at the theatrical screenings so it's not like they would have had time for that.

I don't have much to say about the visual style of the evolutions (other than "they were okay") but from a story standpoint, even though I really like the character development of both Jou and Mimi I was not impressed or convinced by the way the evolution and said development were brought together.

The new "prophecy" was a cheap way to handle things, just like prophecies usually are (and yes, that includes the one in adventure). A prophecy does not add meaning, it does not justify anything and it cannot be said to bestow the status of "miracle" to anything except itself. By itself it is nothing but a prediction about a certain set of events, yet does any prediction actually change the context or properties of said events? I strongly argue that it does not. Any outcome that is possible to be predicted or prophesied must already be a possible outcome for the event in question in the moment the prophecy is made or else how could anyone come to this prediction?
If I were to set up an experiment involving some complex contraption knocking down a piece of wood and then predict that it will get knocked to the right side with a 90% certainty, then this doesn't change the setup of the experiment, rather it is an observation about the properties the setup currently has, this doesn't change even if said prediction is made via supernatural means like a divine prophecy. Some device telling you exactly with 100% certainty when your hamster will poop for the next 3 years down to the exact second would certainly be miraculous but it would not make any of your hamster's poops miraculous just by foretelling them... they would happen with or without the prophecy, so colluding the miraculous nature of the prophecy itself with the nature of whatever is the subject of said prophecy is simply fallacious. If the ancient prophecy from adventure didn't say anything about ultimate evolution but simply accurately stated what each of Odaiba's residents had for breakfast that morning... it wouldn't mean that everyone ate super special miracle breakfast that morning. Even the classical self fulfilling prophecy doesn't create events from nothing but rather narrows down possible outcomes by leading characters to make specific choices but said choices were always possible to make with or without the prophecy's existence, the premises already existed.
This is where the problem of miracles comes in again. We define a miracle statistically as an event that is incredibly unlikely to occur... but what happens when there is a self fulfilling prophecy like in adventure? The miracle was maybe indeed very unlikely to occur but this is only true under neutral circumstances. If there exists an exact "instruction manual" for forcing said miracle in form of a prophecy the probability changes and you have to ask yourself "knowing this prophecy, what are the odds of the characters not trying to go for this miracle solution and achieving it?" In other words because the prophecy is in play the probability of the chosen using the method stated in the prophecy to reach ultimate level goes up by a lot and is not unlikely anymore. And if it isn't even unlikely then by definition it cannot be a miracle. So statistically speaking prophecies are less likely to "create" miracles than to actually destroy them just by skewing the probabilities by themselves. In any other case the probability of a miracle occurring is completely unrelated to the existence of any prophecy about it. And calling something a miracle only because of a prophecy existing is also invalid reasoning. "It was a miracle because it was prophesied and it was prophesied because it was a miracle because it was prophesied because it was a miracle etc" it's a completely circular argument with no justification.
So if a prophecy is truly the sole reason for a possibility or a miracle that's literally the writers saying "it happens because it happens" and it is not a justification as much as it is an invalid excuse for the lack of any justification... and that is of course horrible writing.

But I guess not all if lost for tri. Indeed we're not even sure if the prophecy actually refers (solely) to the ultimate evolution at all, the idea that it does is simply the characters theorizing. The prophecy could end up referring to the infection or to Maicoomon or the Kaiser or a lot of other things. And I really hope it does and we get a more elaborate and sensible explanation for the Evolutions in the later parts.

Because yes, even with the prophecy in play the requirements seem so general that achieving ultimate honestly seems less of an achievement than achieving perfect, which just seems weird. Of course the "magic" of unlocking evolutions the super emotional way was destroyed multiple times already when Leomon, Tailmon, Imperialdramon and later Palmon in the CD drama clearly showed that even for higher level evolution the only actual requirement is "just absorb more energy", so I wouldn't be surprised if the next major reveal in tri is the Digimon figuring out how to warp evolve by putting their fingers in power outlets.
But so far we're still playing the emotion game and if at all Jou and Gomamon's progression made more sense to me than Mimi and Palmon's. I've always had the feeling that in the end triggers of evolution should be just as much about the Digimon as about the human; it is their evolution after all and Adventure's tendency to pretty much completely rely on the human's abilities and growth to unlock more energy always seemed a bit disconnected from the Digimon side of things. So personally I think the ultimate evolution should involve growth not only of the chosen but actually a growth in the bond between human and Digimon, because let's face it, for the most part the children's the partner relationship is a pretty much static affair with only very temporary screw-ups and an actual deeper understanding or something else that brings the partnership to the next level (of course not in the way furries like to picture it...) could be the something that is needed to unlock a Digimon's true potential (...for mass destruction, but that's at least something, right?). My point is that Jou's arc with Gomamon throughout the movie could be said to come close to such a development. There was an actual change between them with Jou challenging his role before embracing his friendship with Gomamon again. But nothing about Mimi's arc had the same kind of connection to Palmon. The entire Orgemon fight pretty much just rehashed the in hindsight quite obvious plot point of "oops, looks like the media doesn't appreciate us running around with weapons of mass destruction" which was somehow news to Mimi but did it mean anything to Palmon? Mimi might have learned something but nothing neccesarily changed between those two, Palmon wasn't mad at Mimi because of the fight, there weren't any doubts or anything so as far as evolution goes for her it was just the good old "oh well seems my human battery is running out of juice for whatever reason", and that is quite underwhelming in comparison.
So there are definitely things to be explained and fixed if they want to keep things consistent and actually engaging.

Another issue could be some of the practicality of how evolutions seem to work in tri. That Gomamon and Palmon went through all of their levels before finally reaching ultimate might have been a nice visual showcase but I really hope that they will skip that part in the future and just warp evolve directly. In a fight against something that actually requires Ultimates to be defeated just going through the levels, with attacks or not, just seems wasted or even dangerous. Infermon has shown long ago that in cyberspace (which the weird location in tri is highly reminiscent of) you can totally just snipe an evolving Digimon before it reaches the final stage. And now in the case of tri, no matter if the sequences play in real time or not, any sufficiently aggressive enemy (you could argue that neither Alphamon nor Imperialdramon were particularly aggressive) has a chance to do just that three times before the partners finally reach Ultimate. So if their evolution tactic isn't changed (for example by evolving before facing the enemy if there is time for preparation) then just doing it the sequential way would eventually erode my suspension of disbelief.

Delek Reap
03-24-2016, 03:00 PM
I personally can't wait for Seraphimon and Ophanimon's appearances.

You mean Holydramon right? Because Hikari's Tailmon has Holydramon as the Ultimate in the anime already, and it would be kind of weird if she got two different Ultimates. Maybe a slide evolution executed similarly to a mode change could work, but it would still be weird.

TMS
03-24-2016, 03:14 PM
The movie in which Holydramon appeared is probably non-canon to the main series. Ofanimon has been used as Hikari's Ultimate-level partner in Battle Spirit and the Adventure PSP adaptation, so we don't really know what form she'll be getting in Tri. Prior to Tri and the PSP game, Jou's Ultimate was Plesiomon instead of Vikemon.

Delek Reap
03-24-2016, 03:25 PM
The movie in which Holydramon appeared is probably non-canon to the main series. Ofanimon has been used as Hikari's Ultimate-level partner in Battle Spirit and the Adventure PSP adaptation, so we don't really know what form she'll be getting in Tri. Prior to Tri and the PSP game, Jou's Ultimate was Plesiomon instead of Vikemon.

How is it non-canon? And I don't want head-canon used as a reason. Continuity errors are just a natural thing in long running series, so trying to say it's non-canon cause of that would make a large part of 02 non-canon, like Tailmon digivolving to Angewomon without the power of a crest or her holy ring in the dark ocean world, or the fact that Agumon and others could stay Digivolved into Adult when entering Control Spire territory to destroy them, but Patamon couldn't, as a few examples.

I only ask because I see people say it's non-canon all the time but when asked to give a source, resort to the head-canon of continuity errors=non-canon.

TMS
03-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Not just continuity errors but the fact that its events are never mentioned in the main series. Wallace is never mentioned or seen again, even in the episode that takes place in his home town. Also, Angewomon presumably evolved in Dagomon's Ocean through the Holy Beasts' help, since Qinglongmon says their power can sometimes be used to allow Super Evolution.

GrungeCat
03-24-2016, 03:39 PM
How is it non-canon?

There is an entire thread (http://withthewill.net/threads/15823-Is-quot-Supreme-Evolution!!-The-Golden-Digimentals-quot-canon)on whether or not it's cannon.

Delek Reap
03-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Not just continuity errors but the fact that its events are never mentioned in the main series. Wallace is never mentioned or seen again, even in the episode that takes place in his home town. Also, Angewomon presumably evolved in Dagomon's Ocean through the Holy Beasts' help, since Qinglongmon says their power can sometimes be used to allow Super Evolution.

It's been awhile since I've seen the original, non dubbed version of any of Digimon, and I'm in the middle of rewatching the dub, so that is fresh on my mind, but isn't it stated to take place during Summer Vacation, which would be after the main anime? And while it isn't the main series, the CD Dramas reference it. And on top of all of this, the fact that no official word has come out stating it is non-canon means we default to it being canon. Otherwise we could sit here all day trying to argue whether certain episodes of 02 are canon or not because of continuity errors and the fact the events in them aren't ever brought up again.

TMS
03-24-2016, 04:09 PM
It's been awhile since I've seen the original, non dubbed version of any of Digimon, and I'm in the middle of rewatching the dub, so that is fresh on my mind, but isn't it stated to take place during Summer Vacation, which would be after the main anime?

No, because Adventure 02 covered events from spring 2002 to New Year's Eve of 2002. The final battle against the Kaiser took place during the same summer vacation that the movie would have taken place during.

Anyway, further discussion can continue in the thread GrungeCat just linked to.

arisniko1
04-23-2016, 11:03 PM
I believe that the prophecies are another way for the children to prove they truly possess the trait of their crests. In adventure, for Agumon and Gabumon to evolve to Ultimate, it took Courage to accept the risk of the arrows for Taichi and Friendship for Yamato to be beside his friend and not run away, to evolve their Digimon. That's why you see their crests glowing right before the arrows hit them. As for Tri, part 2 I believe it is the same thing. Coming to grips with adulthood and responsibilities while keep being reliable to his friends and Gomamon was difficult for Joe so his inner crest wouldn't be so active. Until he realised that it was all in his head and the answer was of course to fight alongside his friend. He went through the darkness and Reliability was active again. Same for Mimi. She was always sincere for how she felt for everyhting and it was okay as a kid. But being a teenager is a turbulent time, and suddenly being told she was annoying for it, seemed to matter for her. Until Joe told her it was okay and realised that she was who she was and wouldnt change. So sincerity was active yet again.
Taichi and Yamato have to resolve those issues too. Yamato seems more sure for himself than Taichi who seems to lack the courage that represented him as a kid. (although fear for someone to get hurt is really a good excuse for feeling that way). He backed off when Omegamon was fighting and he immediately started to disolve reverse on the baby forms. Anyway that's my interpratation. It's really interesting and I believe the same prophecy will be the evolving point for everyone.
I have to say though that while the evolution clips didnt appeal to me in the beginning, they grew on me. They seem more adult anyways and in par with the maturity of the films.
But seriously i'd like to learn why suddenly they can/have to go from Perfect to Ultimate and dont have to warp from child.

p.s. i know i used the english crest names but they really seem more in line with the story. Sincerity for joe and purity for mimi? not a chance these are right. lol

wildwing64
04-26-2016, 07:03 AM
But seriously i'd like to learn why suddenly they can/have to go from Perfect to Ultimate and dont have to warp from child.

From a nostalgia standpoint, I'm willing to bet on the reason being so that we can see the Perfect forms at least once. In future episodes, Gomamon and Palmon will likely warp evolve to their Mega forms.

Treble-Clef
04-26-2016, 09:49 AM

From a nostalgia standpoint, I'm willing to bet on the reason being so that we can see the Perfect forms at least once. In future episodes, Gomamon and Palmon will likely warp evolve to their Mega forms.

I can see them going either way with this. The evolution sequences can be sped up and even as it is they don't take an extremely large amount of time.

But if they do warp sequences, I'd like to see them kind of like the ones in Reunion. Because those were gorgeous.

Sabrblade
04-26-2016, 01:49 PM

I can see them going either way with this. The evolution sequences can be sped up and even as it is they don't take an extremely large amount of time.

But if they do warp sequences, I'd like to see them kind of like the ones in Reunion. Because those were gorgeous.But the ones in Reunion weren't Warp Evolutions, they were regular, Super, and Ultimate Evolutions done in a sequential format. Gabumon had already evolved to Garurumon before the sequence began, and every time Gabumon previously Warp Evolved to MetalGarurumon, he had to first go back to being Gabumon if he was already Garurumon or WereGarurumon first. But in Reunion, he didn't go back. He instead went from Garurumon to WereGarurumon to MetalGarurumon (and then Fused into Omegamon) without first reverting to Gabumon.

DigitalCorp
04-26-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm still waiting for Pegasusmon and Nefertimon to make appearances.

TMS
04-26-2016, 08:10 PM
Considering they can reach Perfect now, I really doubt we'll see them. Unless the new Kaiser starts building new Dark Towers or something.

DigitalCorp
04-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Considering they can reach Perfect now, I really doubt we'll see them. Unless the new Kaiser starts building new Dark Towers or something.

We haven't seen that for T.K. or Kari yet. Besides, the only reason the others can go to Ultimate is based on the supposition that the physical Tags and Crests don't matter.

TMS
04-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Not sure what your point is with the second sentence. As for the first, it would be kind of weird if Takeru and Hikari were the only ones whose partners weren't able to Super Evolve.

DigitalCorp
04-27-2016, 05:03 AM
OK, so those two will eventually Digivolve their Digimon to Mega-level. I just think it would be nice to see some Armor Digivolutions just to partially tie back to 02, to acknowledge that link is there.

arisniko1
04-27-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm still waiting for Pegasusmon and Nefertimon to make appearances.

While I wouldnt mind seeing the Armor evos one more time and with this new animation I doubt we will. First because this is pretty much the Original kids' story so far (and how its promoted after all) and second because I dont think they can armor evolve anymore. Wasnt Armor evo supposed to be a stand in because of the dark towers? A loop hole that after the end of 02 wasnt needed anymore?
Also. And I know it doesn have much to stand on but if we're to believe that Diaboromon Strikes Back is canon when Daisuke and Ken were trying to go to the city centre on foot and they met Jou with his bike why wouldnt Veemon just armor evolve to raidramon and travel on his back like they've done so many times before? Maybe because they cant (and not needed to) armore evolve anymore since that movie is after 02 ends. (After all Omegamon and Angewomon didnt have much trouble evolving).

Hmm I wouldnt mind at all if that was the case. Ater all I'd like to see the old fashioned warp clips for all of the digimon, or something like that. But still. As someone said before, Garurumon, for example, had to revert to Gabumon and THEN warp to Metalgarurumon. Maybe Im OCDing, but still it doesnt explain how they can Ultimate evolve. Maybe something changed with Azulongmon's cores back in 02 like Paildramon who was the first partner digmon who could ultimate evolve after all.
I like the drama, angst and character development as much as the next guy but I think Tri. has yet to live up to the action of Adventure and 02. 10 mins in a 85 min movie is seriously not enough.
Even with the frustration over mysteries and questions we have,I am so excited to talk about Digimon after all this time.

Theigno
04-27-2016, 01:14 PM
While I wouldnt mind seeing the Armor evos one more time and with this new animation I doubt we will. First because this is pretty much the Original kids' story so far (and how its promoted after all) and second because I dont think they can armor evolve anymore. Wasnt Armor evo supposed to be a stand in because of the dark towers? A loop hole that after the end of 02 wasnt needed anymore?
It's true that it's not really needed anymore (and for that reason I doubt it will show up again...)
But that doesn't necessarily make it impossible... it's not like jogress evolution that was powered by Tailmons ring. I think the Michi e no Armor Shinka Cd drama takes place after the main story and it still works there (but of course it's questionable if that's still canon)

Also. And I know it doesn have much to stand on but if we're to believe that Diaboromon Strikes Back is canon when Daisuke and Ken were trying to go to the city centre on foot and they met Jou with his bike why wouldnt Veemon just armor evolve to raidramon and travel on his back like they've done so many times before? Maybe because they cant (and not needed to) armore evolve anymore since that movie is after 02 ends. (After all Omegamon and Angewomon didnt have much trouble evolving).
the answer to that is simple V-mon or Wormmon being able to armor evolve or not wouldn't change the situation since in at that point of the movie Daisuke and Ken were alone. Their partners were swept away by a "wave" of Kuramon in an earlier scene and they only reunited again when they arrived at Tokyo bay.

arisniko1
04-27-2016, 01:25 PM
the answer to that is simple V-mon or Wormmon being able to armor evolve or not wouldn't change the situation since in at that point of the movie Daisuke and Ken were alone. Their partners were swept away by a "wave" of Kuramon in an earlier scene and they only reunited again when they arrived at Tokyo bay.

OMG! You're right. I had forgotten that the digimon werent with them. But that didnt stop Patamon evolve to Angemon when they were blocks apart with Takeru back in Adventure's "Pump and Gotsu are Shibuya-Type Digimon" ;)

DigitalCorp
04-27-2016, 03:05 PM
True. What would stop Davis from getting hold of Veemon on his Digivice and then Armor Digivolving him from where he was?

Theigno
04-27-2016, 03:29 PM
True. What would stop Davis from getting hold of Veemon on his Digivice and then Armor Digivolving him from where he was?
nothing but then V-mon would just suddenly evolve without knowing where Daisuke actually is and that wouldn't be of much use to anyone.

DigitalCorp
04-27-2016, 03:54 PM
I meant Davis would contact him first, use the Digivice like some sort of walkie-talkie.

TMS
04-27-2016, 03:59 PM
The Digivice can't do that, though...

Theigno
04-27-2016, 04:01 PM
I meant Davis would contact him first, use the Digivice like some sort of walkie-talkie.
Since when does the D3 have that functionality? as far as I know the only non-evolution functions of the D-3 are opening digital gates and locating other digivices.

edit: Ninja'd by TMS

DigitalCorp
04-27-2016, 04:03 PM
You're right. It doesn't have that functionality. There would have to be some other way.

Kotekuma
04-28-2016, 05:46 PM
The power rangers' morphers can't either. That's why they have communicators on their wrists/

breaker335
04-28-2016, 05:51 PM
The power rangers' morphers can't either. That's why they have communicators on their wrists/
Actually some ranger teams did use their morphers for communication

TMS
04-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Guys, this whole Movie 4 / Power Rangers conversation is dumb and off-topic.

DigitalCorp
04-28-2016, 08:14 PM
Right. I'd still like to see some Armor Evolutions before this whole OVA ends. Those would be nice.

Sabrblade
04-28-2016, 09:52 PM
If anything, I could see Pegasmon and Nefertimon appearing mainly if Takeru and Hikari need to traverse a great distance faster than normal, like what was often done in Zero Two even after Jogress Evolution became a mainstay.

Plus I always kinda felt that Patamon and Tailmon armor evolving used up less power than evolving into Angemon and Angewomon, making Pegasmon and Nefertimon more energy efficient forms for long distance travel.

Kotekuma
04-29-2016, 12:52 AM
i knew someone would say this. the original, man

Unknown Neo
04-29-2016, 04:09 PM
If anything, I could see Pegasmon and Nefertimon appearing mainly if Takeru and Hikari need to traverse a great distance faster than normal, like what was often done in Zero Two even after Jogress Evolution became a mainstay.

Plus I always kinda felt that Patamon and Tailmon armor evolving used up less power than evolving into Angemon and Angewomon, making Pegasmon and Nefertimon more energy efficient forms for long distance travel.
That's actually a very good point. And makes sense too. Didn't think about it before. Thanks.

flintlock
05-02-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to see Nefertimon and Pegasmon. I'm not sure how or if it would make sense plot wise but seeing the D3 Digivices made me so nostalgic. It could be really nostalgic to use them if they meet up with the 02 kids.

AquaVersus
05-08-2016, 11:07 AM
The more I watch the Perfect and Ultimate evolution sequences from Ketsui, the more I really, really like them. :D I love the close-ups as the Holy Rings (or the yellow circles...whatever they're supposed to be) rotate around the monsters' bodies. It just seems so dynamic and awesome to me. I can understand why people think they're too basic or simple, but I think they pack quite a punch.

breaker335
05-08-2016, 11:09 AM
The more I watch the Perfect and Ultimate evolution sequences from Ketsui, the more I really, really like them. :D I love the close-ups as the Holy Rings (or the yellow circles...whatever they're supposed to be) rotate around the monsters' bodies. It just seems so dynamic and awesome to me. I can understand why people think they're too basic or simple, but I think they pack quite a punch.
Really? Because I feel like they're too static. At points, it seems like they skipped a few frames.

AquaVersus
05-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Really? Because I feel like they're too static. At points, it seems like they skipped a few frames.

Thankfully, my vision isn't precise enough to notice things like frames unless it's really bad. :P Unless you mean like when the lightning sparks linger on the screen? I *love* those moments! It's kind of choppy but I think it's intentional.

I think the simplicity speaks volumes and the close-ups as the rings fly over the monsters fill me with anticipation and excitement.

LotusRose
05-19-2016, 05:49 PM
My main issues with the tri evolution sequences thus far is that I actually think the child > adult sequences look the best. You may ask why that's a problem. Well, one thing I really liked about the Adventure sequences was the clear progression as they went through the evolutionary stages.

Baby > Child- Very basic, just spinning and text
Child > Adult- Still pretty basic, but effects added.
Adult > Perfect- Far more detailed, actually seeing them change.
Child > Ultimate- Very flashy and fast paced, with lots of action and effects.

As they progressed, the sequences got bigger and flashier. In Tri, I don't really get that from the perfect and ultimate sequences. They have the same background as the child > adult sequences, they have that same flicker yellow effect that I'm not a fan of... and somehow the transformation itself seems less impressive to me.

Like in Tamers, the child > adult sequences had far more detail than Adventures, so you didn't necessarily have that same kind of progression. But the sequences for the different levels were at least very distinctive. I think that's why Tri's later sequences fall a bit flat for me. That and the way Lillymon looked, but I won't get into that.

AquaVersus
05-19-2016, 05:59 PM
That and the way Lillymon looked, but I won't get into that.

We can get into it! Lillymon is an evolution featured in Tri so I'm pretty sure it's on-topic. Are you not a fan of her design in general? Even I can't defend the awful, anatomically incorrect pose she's making at the end of her evolution sequence, but otherwise, I'm not seeing any issues.

LotusRose
05-19-2016, 07:06 PM
I honestly thought she looked like she'd been drawn by some kid sending fan art into Digimon magazine (one of the more talented kids, granted, but still). She looked so off to me in her evo sequence; like she was drawn by a different artist to everything and everyone else in the movie. I thought she looked really goofy... but yeah, the pose didn't help.

CoDL
05-19-2016, 08:30 PM
The poses seemed off for a lot of the Adults. As a whole they actually weren't too bad but just off the top of my head there was Ikkakumon and "doge" Garurumon. I had similar thoughts about Lillymon. I think it's the eyes.

AquaVersus
05-19-2016, 09:05 PM
I see what you mean about the eyes, but hasn't Lillymon always had unique eyes among the Adventure evolutions? I can't think of any other partner Digimon from Adventure who have eyes that are just giant blobs.

CoDL
05-20-2016, 09:04 AM
She did, but in tri they seemed even different from how they were in Adventure and 02. In tri the eyes make her seem cartoony rather than fitting in with the same style.

Sabrblade
05-20-2016, 09:22 AM
She did, but in tri they seemed even different from how they were in Adventure and 02. In tri the eyes make her seem cartoony rather than fitting in with the same style.Her eyes don't look that different to me (http://images.withthewill.net/tri2bd/tri2_bd_largebook_3mimipal.jpg).

flintlock
05-20-2016, 11:08 AM
All the Digimon in Tri have a new artstyle, I guess some are more strikingly different than the others. I kind of love some of the changes they made. They gave Vikemon an actual beard and his horns got bigger. He looks much better than his original artwork. And the most obvious is WarGreymon and Omegamon which literally change its design and not just style. I don't really have an opinion on Lilymon though. I think maybe it looks so different to you because they just added more white circles and detail?

The only partner with "fairy" eyes like Tanemon, Palmon and Lilymon I can think of is HoneyBeemon, who evolves from Vmon, but he only appears in the D-3 and cardgame and not the anime. Piccolomon had fairy eyes in the original Adventure too.

LotusRose
05-20-2016, 02:59 PM
She did, but in tri they seemed even different from how they were in Adventure and 02. In tri the eyes make her seem cartoony rather than fitting in with the same style.Her eyes don't look that different to me (http://images.withthewill.net/tri2bd/tri2_bd_largebook_3mimipal.jpg).

See now, I think she looks far better there than she does in the actual animation of her evolution sequence. Even after her sequence she looked okay to me, but I thought she looked incredibly goofy during. When you see the close ups of her face and she's dance-flying around before she goes into that bizarre pose.

Vande
05-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Removed a post as it has already been discussed in the theories thread.

AquaVersus
05-24-2016, 04:26 PM
I watched the evolution sequences again and I think what really does it for me is how everything works together with the sound effects (and the background music...but to be fair, Brave Heart is awesome no matter what). It just sounds so powerful and intimidating when the yellow rings move up across Zudomon's body. I can't really describe the sound, but it's almost like something is "increasing" and I attribute that to the evolution itself.

Could it have been done better? Totally. I always remember it a little bit differently and I tend to make it "cooler" in my mind, but I still like them for what they are when I watch them again/when I re-watch the movies. :)

Ashley Cuadra
06-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Seraphimon already appeared in the movie and digimon frontier episode including Ophanimon now we'll probably finally see VictoryGreymon and Z'D Garurumon including a tag team with taichi and Matt with T.K and Kari

TMS
06-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Not sure why we'd see VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon when they already have Ultimate forms (that can fuse into Omegamon, no less).

Ashley Cuadra
06-24-2016, 04:43 PM
Sorry I guess we have to wait and see

GrungeCat
06-24-2016, 04:50 PM
Not sure why we'd see VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon when they already have Ultimate forms (that can fuse into Omegamon, no less).

I've seen a number of people on various sites suggest that they will make an appearance; it seems to be a fairly common idea (though personally I don't think it's likely). It usually boils down to the idea that Taichi and Yamato will always be ahead of the other Chosen in terms of power and evolutionary capabilities. It puts them back in a hypothetical lead, supposedly, since Tri is introducing Ultimate forms for everyone.

Sabrblade
06-24-2016, 06:06 PM

I've seen a number of people on various sites suggest that they will make an appearance; it seems to be a fairly common idea (though personally I don't think it's likely). It usually boils down to the idea that Taichi and Yamato will always be ahead of the other Chosen in terms of power and evolutionary capabilities. It puts them back in a hypothetical lead, supposedly, since Tri is introducing Ultimate forms for everyone.They're still "ahead" of everyone else anyway by virtue of having Omegamon, a digimon who supersedes the normal Ultimate Level that everyone else's digimon will attain.

Velocifaptor
06-25-2016, 02:20 AM
*sigh* I have strongly mixed feelings about the whole 'tag team' trope from Next. Aside from that, I'm pretty hyped up because we finally get to see HerackleKabuterimon on screen, in a shiny new polished animation form and in native high definition no less. I'm probably one of the few people who are more excited about AtlurKabuterimon's/Tentomon's evolution than the fact we're finally gonna see the Digital World again (okay, that's a lie, but I'm sufficiently hyped). As for the evolution sequences themselves, I really loved the aesthetics on Zudomon's Ultimate Evolution (not a big fan of the Lilymon to Rosemon sequence. Ecchi does not equal perfection. It just means fanservice).

Ashley Cuadra
07-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Guys it seems agumon and gatomon surpass the rest of the other digimon

TMS
07-03-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure why it seems that way, unless you meant Agumon and Gabumon.

Digimon'sDigitalWill
09-26-2016, 01:46 PM
So from Part 3, HerculesKabuterimon has a quick and plain Evolution Sequence again, but because the Part is longer and only has a single new evolution, the build-up is far better than Part 2. Really like Tentomon's description comparing Koushiro from back then and current, a good way to signify the effects of growing up. The two flashbacks scenes are really effective. Koushiro's Crest, Knowledge, is featured thematically quite subtly, but vividly. The build-up which includes Continually Learning vs. Being Ignorant and Enjoying Learning are really wonderful and relatable/associable. Although, the final execution that activates the evolution is a bit of a let-down as Koushirou did not achieve anything specifically with his computer science skill unlike when he analyzed Data from factory for Kabuterimon, but growing and surpassing though the darkness of Projected Ignorance is great. Although, the countermeasure of Back-Up Data System. It is a shame that HerculesKabuterimon did not get to use any ability/skill. Overall, all evolutions featured in Part 3 is visually stunning.

DigitalCorp
09-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Wait a minute..... I thought Izzy's crest activated the first time because he regained his knowledge and his drive to learn.

TMS
09-26-2016, 08:48 PM
It did, though Digimon'sDigitalWill was referring to Tentomon's first evolution to Kabuterimon.

flintlock
09-27-2016, 10:14 AM

I've seen a number of people on various sites suggest that they will make an appearance; it seems to be a fairly common idea (though personally I don't think it's likely). It usually boils down to the idea that Taichi and Yamato will always be ahead of the other Chosen in terms of power and evolutionary capabilities. It puts them back in a hypothetical lead, supposedly, since Tri is introducing Ultimate forms for everyone.

I think that's why they introduced Taichi's hesitation to evolve to Omegamon, and why Yomato mentioned that with the other chosen children evolving to ultimate they won't need to rely on their most powerful form. I always liked Taichi's hesitation to use Omegamon so I really think this idea is a good way to stop this from overusing Omegamon and focusing on other kids.

Kon
09-27-2016, 12:05 PM
From what we have seen, ultimate evolution is obtained after digidestined overcome a conflict. I should mention that these conflicts seem related to their crests.

Since Taichi and Yamato also have some conflicts, I wonder if we will see some new evolutions.

RockmanX
09-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I disagree with all these "Oh they shouldn't have gotten their evolutions too easily" Like HELL YEAH ITS ABOUT TIME! these digimons have fought so damn much since 01-02.. they should have enough EXP to evolve naturally, why rely on miracle or Digimon God power ups when you can naturally evolve?

DontStopPataPata
11-23-2016, 08:43 PM
^Because the Mega level never happens naturally in the Adventure canon?

VenomMyotismon- Needed to die and the absorb a lot of Digimon data and human energy.

Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon- Needed a miracle that required the arrows of family love

Metaletemon- The dark network seemed to act as a power boost to evolve him

SaberLeomon- Getting all that light of
evolution in his face by multiple digivices

Diablomon- Was eating a lot of internet data. A LOT.

Imperialdramon- Needed a Digimon God's digicore

MaloMyotismon- Needed to harness the dark spores growing inside the kids

Cherubimon- Accelerated by the darkness.

Armageddonmon- The thousands of Kuramon reformatting themselves.

[Q

How is it non-canon? And I don't want head-canon used as a reason. Continuity errors are just a natural thing in long running series, so trying to say it's non-canon cause of that would make a large part of 02 non-canon, like Tailmon digivolving to Angewomon without the power of a crest or her holy ring in the dark ocean world, or the fact that Agumon and others could stay Digivolved into Adult when entering Control Spire territory to destroy them, but Patamon couldn't, as a few examples.

I only ask because I see people say it's non-canon all the time but when asked to give a source, resort to the head-canon of continuity errors=non-canon.

Let's see

Wallace gets his digivice in 1995. That doesn't make any sense with what we learned in Adventure episode 45 about them creating the digivice for the original 8 (neither does the existence of international kids in 02 but I digress)

Angewomon appearing can be glossed over as they clearly didn't think of the idea of the Digimon losing their ability to evolve into Perfect until they wrote episode 26 and the movie came before that so that gets a pass. What doesn't get a pass is Angemon and Angewomon just casually evolve into their Ultimate Levels. Like "yeah we can do that now you guys."

Daisuke says, upon recieving the golden digimental "These are ours?" Acting like he never used it before. (The English dub is more ambiguous with how familiar he is with it. Gatomon acts like its a cool new toy never been used before but Davis telling Willis to follow his lead suggest he's familiar with it)

And the most "Sorry you can't ignore this fact" Wallace is never seen in the series. At all. Not when Daisuke goes to New York during the World Tour. Not when ALL the internatiomal children shine their digivices to help against BelialVamdemon. Wallace. Does. Not.
Exist. Outside of the movie.

Its not head canon movie 3 blatantly exist in its own timeline.

If you go by the Saban dub it is part of the main timeline since it ties in with the very much in canon movie 1 and 2 and Izzy name drops Willis in the show. So you have to ignore the blatant series continuity errors the movie causes. Which is par for the course for the Saban dub. I do remember the mental gymnastics I came up with at age 9 to justify Angemon and Angewomon going Mega in the movie.

TMS
11-23-2016, 09:34 PM
(neither does the existence of international kids in 02 but I digress)

I don't really see why. No reason to stop at just eight Digivices.

And Wallace does exist outside of the movie... He just doesn't seem to exist in the television series.

DontStopPataPata
11-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Oh yeah he existed in that one audio drama. Which just means that audio drama takes place in Hurricane Touchdown's timeline and not in the Adventure tv series timeline like movie 1 and 2 (arguably movie 4) and Digimon Tri.

Granted the Adventure canon is flimsy as is but as of now its hard to argue Movie 3
as part of the series timeline with the non-existence of Wallace.

TMS
11-24-2016, 12:31 AM
I'm starting to get off-topic here, but I can't resist; Wallace also appeared in a couple of Wonderswan games, one the well known D-1 Tamers, where he's one of the five Chosen Children Ryo faces in the tournament. He also makes a cameo appearance in Digimon Medley. If you use Agumon's card to open the gate in Vamdemon's castle instead of the Gomamon card used in the anime, you're transported not to Tokyo but to Summer Memory, where you meet Wallace and fight VenomVamdemon.

DontStopPataPata
11-24-2016, 06:30 PM
And in the television series continuity using the Agumon card takes you to the wish world.

I guess to avoid for error I should say as far as as the main Adventure tv series canon is concerned Wallace doesn't exist

Heck we know the anime kind of pick and chooses what to use from the games and vice versa: Ryo and Ken's adventures happened and the fight with Milleniummon leading to a rogue dark spore embedding itself into Ken's neck happened but Ken and Taichi meeting obviously didn't happen, Vamdemom's ressurection is highly improbable and the event happened in August 2000 not March 2000 (and the games straight ignore that Ryo saw the fight with the Diablomon in the mountains not with Ken in a room)

Digimon'sDigitalWill
02-25-2017, 03:24 AM
Hououmon's Evolution is quite fine, although Star-light Explosion is a bit not quite flashy enough. I do not mind the Adult-Perfect-Ultimate so much, but Part 4 should really have Rosemon and Vikemon against Pinocchimon too or something. Although, battle-wise, would have liked to see Vikemon vs. Metalseadramon, Rosemon vs. Pinocchimon, and HerculesKabuterimon vs. Mugendramon. Hououmon can take care of Meicrackmon.

Then, the most problematic would be the evolution I wait for the most. Seraphimon's trigger is rather weak, the only reasoning I can currently think of and accept is to think of Part 3's development as the trigger that requires that one final fighting spirit to fully trigger. Although HerculesKabuterimon finally used a move, it is annoying that Seraphimon's move was not voiced. Although, an unexpected touch with Swords is a plus.

Disappointment is with the poster not featuring Seraphimon. Well, there is still Part 6 Poster.

For the Prologue in Part 4, I wish things were clearly as to who evolved to whom and who was partnered with whom. Dialogue suggests a possibility that this might not be a direct evolution, but more of a sacrifice. Some of which is acceptable like with The Black Tortoise and Snake and The Cloud Feature. Wish that there would be a Seraphimon vs. Piedmon and/or Demon and that at least one attack of all evolutions would be used with voice at least once.

TMS
02-25-2017, 12:50 PM
I thought that the Four Holy Beasts' Perfect forms were pretty clear. We see Orochimon evolve to Xuanwumon, which leaves LoaderLeomon to Baihumon (felines), Hippogriffomon to Zhuqiaomon (winged beasts), and Triceramon to Qinglongmon (dragons).

Digimon'sDigitalWill
02-25-2017, 10:43 PM
I can take the others, but not Triceramon to Azulongmon. And, then, there is Maki and Bakumon who Wikimon puts as evolving to Megadramon, but there is a text saying why was there only four chosen (as in there should be five) in the Prologue. Personally, I can take Bakumon without consideration of Adult and Perfect to evolve to Azulongmon due to their Holy Attributes. Although, I feel like Maki fits more with Zhuqiaomon the same way Nishijima fits with Baihumon who seems to be his Evolution/Sacrifice. Sure, Hippogriffmon might not be the best choice, but feels like overall the scenes and choices could have been less random. For the Chosen, I saw the chubby guy, so he is most likely the Orochimon guy, but I have to wonder whether Gennai is one of the five as either Azulongmon or Huanglongmon's Partner.

Gigamon23
02-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Don't know if this really counts as spoilers anymore or not (which is why I didn't make a new thread for it), but in case anyone wanted to take a look at the "original chosen" that we never got to meet, I've done some ghetto splicing of a clip on Youtube that gives us that closer look.
https://s18.postimg.org/8lxlzttfp/Partners_Shots.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/8lxlzttfp/)
That first one is the pan shot in it's entirety. The stuff below is focused more on the kids:
https://s21.postimg.org/5ialt2as7/Hip_Partner.jpghttps://s21.postimg.org/auzg76yon/Orochi_Partner.jpghttps://s21.postimg.org/lvulc7qxj/Tri_Partner.jpg
Seems as though we have a larger boy, another girl, and another boy; Hippogriffomon, Orochimon, and Triceramon, respectively.

I actually researched this a little, and this is a quote from the main discussion thread. This should make things a little clearer about who has who.

TMS
02-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Oops. I forgot about this thread last night, so I posted this in the main discussion thread instead. Here it is again...

On the whole the Perfect forms chosen aren't as bad as they originally struck me as being. At the very least, most of them are about the best Toei could have done given the situation. First of all, presumably they didn't want to use Digimon that had already been partner Digimon in Adventure or later seasons. One of their best options would have been to use the Deva, who are the most common Perfect forms for the Holy Beasts, but since the Deva were major villains in Tamers and are the servants of the Holy Beasts in the lore, I can see why they might have shied away from that option too. So...

Zhuqiaomon: The go-to Perfect form for Zhuqiaomon (apart from the three "summer" Deva) is Garudamon, but that's Sora's partner. That really doesn't leave them with very many options, since bird Digimon are so uncommon. There are a few options that might have worked, like Parrotmon or Butenmon, or even Yatagaramon if it hadn't been Ikuto's partner, but Hippogriffomon is probably the best one they had. It's been classified as a holy Digimon in the past, and unlike all of the other non-Garudamon Digimon I've mentioned it uses a fiery attack, which fits Zhuqiaomon's element.

Baihumon: Again, the option they went with is about the best they could have done. LoaderLeomon is feline and has Baihumon's metallic element. GrappLeomon also fits that description, but isn't a quadruped. LoaderLeomon's only drawback (besides not being a tiger like the Deva Mihiramon) is that it seems rather too modern for Baihumon's previous form. About the only better option (and that's debatable) would be Panjyamon.

Xuanwumon: Okay, here they had at least a few decent options. Sandiramon's out of the running for being a Deva. There aren't many Perfect-level turtle Digimon. You could go the tree route, but then you're stuck with Jyureimon or Petaldramon (the latter of which would have seemed out of place as a Hybrid Digimon), and Xuanwumon is a tortoise/snake first and foremost. Shawujinmon/Sagomon might have worked, but in terms of body type Orochimon (which is a multi-headed oriental reptile) is much closer to Xuanwumon. Eight heads to two might seem like a downgrade, but technically there is a sort of progression, since seven of Orochimon's heads are decoys. My main problem with Orochimon is that it's a dark Digimon, but I guess it does have "Ame" in its attack name.

Qinglongmon: This is the only one that I really take issue with. Unlike in the other three cases, here they had plenty of options, and almost anything would have been better than Triceramon. Triceramon is basically little more than a big triceratops, so to have it evolve into a phantom Chinese dragon god of thunder seems like a huge leap. Even if we leave Majiramon out of the running as a Deva, HisyaRyumon would have worked fine. One of Qinglongmon's official evolutions has been from Tyilinmon, which would have been an excellent choice as well. There are possible objections that could be raised about both of these, but Triceramon really feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel. It does remind one amusingly of when Qinglongmon's power was given to Imperialdramon so he could defeat a Triceramon, but I'm not sure that's a point in its favor.

amozu16
02-26-2017, 11:47 PM
My main problem with Orochimon is that it's a dark Digimon, but I guess it does have "Ame" in its attack name.

To be fair, Xuan Wu is Black Tortoise so...

TMS
02-27-2017, 12:10 AM
Well, sure, but it's still a demon dragon evolving into a holy beast.

amozu16
02-27-2017, 12:21 AM

I mean, a quasi demonic (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/WarGrowlmon) android dragon (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/WarGrowlmon) turns into an exalted knight (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Gallantmon), despite it being a "being containing contradictions"

It's not quite the same, but digimon is weird, it's not that strange for a contradiction like Orochimon -> Xuanwumon (in fact, I more and more warm up to this idea)

I'm also drafting a theory that the sovereign didn't "evolve" from the digimon in the traditional sense, but they were metaphysical entities who used the powers of the original Chosen and their digimon to manifest. Just a thought, it definitely makes more sense than Triceramon -> Azulongmon

Digimon'sDigitalWill
02-27-2017, 09:14 AM

I mean, a quasi demonic (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/WarGrowlmon) android dragon (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/WarGrowlmon) turns into an exalted knight (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Gallantmon), despite it being a "being containing contradictions"

It's not quite the same, but digimon is weird, it's not that strange for a contradiction like Orochimon -> Xuanwumon (in fact, I more and more warm up to this idea)

I'm also drafting a theory that the sovereign didn't "evolve" from the digimon in the traditional sense, but they were metaphysical entities who used the powers of the original Chosen and their digimon to manifest. Just a thought, it definitely makes more sense than Triceramon -> Azulongmon

I had a similar idea with the Perfect Forms being more sacrificed for the Sovereigns and they just had to be somewhat close for the audience's perception. Not sure whether it is really mention or not, but I recalled reading somewhere that the Sovereigns are meant to be Ultimate from the start (as in no evolution) and they are more or less born as Ultimate.

amozu16
02-27-2017, 10:26 AM

I had a similar idea with the Perfect Forms being more sacrificed for the Sovereigns and they just had to be somewhat close for the audience's perception. Not sure whether it is really mention or not, but I recalled reading somewhere that the Sovereigns are meant to be Ultimate from the start (as in no evolution) and they are more or less born as Ultimate.

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling as if that is the case

flintlock
02-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Baihumon: Again, the option they went with is about the best they could have done. LoaderLeomon is feline and has Baihumon's metallic element. GrappLeomon also fits that description, but isn't a quadruped. LoaderLeomon's only drawback (besides not being a tiger like the Deva Mihiramon) is that it seems rather too modern for Baihumon's previous form. About the only better option (and that's debatable) would be Panjyamon.

Qinglongmon: This is the only one that I really take issue with. Unlike in the other three cases, here they had plenty of options, and almost anything would have been better than Triceramon. Triceramon is basically little more than a big triceratops, so to have it evolve into a phantom Chinese dragon god of thunder seems like a huge leap. Even if we leave Majiramon out of the running as a Deva, HisyaRyumon would have worked fine. One of Qinglongmon's official evolutions has been from Tyilinmon, which would have been an excellent choice as well. There are possible objections that could be raised about both of these, but Triceramon really feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel. It does remind one amusingly of when Qinglongmon's power was given to Imperialdramon so he could defeat a Triceramon, but I'm not sure that's a point in its favor.

I agree with someone in another thread that they really don't feel like anime lines, but I loved seeing these Digimon appear, it was like a bunch of random ignored Digimon just suddenly ending up becoming such huge important parts of the Adventure canon. Even a Frontier Digimon. Those guys get ignored pretty hard.

I hope we get to see Daigo's partner appear again at child. And maybe the other children, just because I'm going to always wonder what their other forms would have been. It might actually be plot relevant and touching for Daigo though.

I actually made a fan evolution line a long time ago with LoaderLiomon, so seeing it become canon made me happy. It's such a heroic looking Digimon too. I hope we see lots of fan art with Daigo, LoaderLiomon and the rest of the goggleheads and their Digimon in the future. I had a funny thought too, LoaderLiomon can evolve to BanchoLeomon and Megadramon can evolve to Darkdramon in some games and stuff. I doubt Tri would do this but Daigo and Himikawa's partners evolving into Chaosmon is fanfic/headcanon material. Do you mean modern as in mechanical? LoaderLiomon sticks out so much in his own line for being a complete robot IMO.

Hisryaryumon would have been strange knowing that it's evolution became Alphamon's weapon. But it would have looked great. Wingdramon could have been used too. I still love Triceramon>Qinglongmon though. I can't really explain why. I think it's because I love the big classic dinosaur Digimon I grew up with and ignored Digimon, and I can kind of see how his helmet would become Qinglongmon's, and Qinglongmon' horn is one of his most distinguishing traits which reminds me of Triceramon's horns.

It was kind of unsettling to see parts of Megadramon on Mugendramon later on in the film. That opening was so good and so tragic.

What did you think of Bakumon for Megadramon?

C-MC
02-27-2017, 02:02 PM

I agree with someone in another thread that they really don't feel like anime lines, but I loved seeing these Digimon appear, it was like a bunch of random ignored Digimon just suddenly ending up becoming such huge important parts of the Adventure canon. Even a Frontier Digimon. Those guys get ignored pretty hard.

I hope we get to see Daigo's partner appear again at child. And maybe the other children, just because I'm going to always wonder what their other forms would have been. It might actually be plot relevant and touching for Daigo though.

I actually made a fan evolution line a long time ago with LoaderLiomon, so seeing it become canon made me happy. It's such a heroic looking Digimon too. I hope we see lots of fan art with Daigo, LoaderLiomon and the rest of the goggleheads and their Digimon in the future. I had a funny thought too, LoaderLiomon can evolve to BanchoLeomon and Megadramon can evolve to Darkdramon in some games and stuff. I doubt Tri would do this but Daigo and Himikawa's partners evolving into Chaosmon is fanfic/headcanon material. Do you mean modern as in mechanical? LoaderLiomon sticks out so much in his own line for being a complete robot IMO.

Hisryaryumon would have been strange knowing that it's evolution became Alphamon's weapon. But it would have looked great. Wingdramon could have been used too. I still love Triceramon>Qinglongmon though. I can't really explain why. I think it's because I love the big classic dinosaur Digimon I grew up with and ignored Digimon, and I can kind of see how his helmet would become Qinglongmon's, and Qinglongmon' horn is one of his most distinguishing traits which reminds me of Triceramon's horns.

It was kind of unsettling to see parts of Megadramon on Mugendramon later on in the film. That opening was so good and so tragic.

What did you think of Bakumon for Megadramon? I think Bakumon evolving into Megadramon doesn't make sense at all since Bakumon's adult form is Boarmon and perfect is Mammon

Chisana Minamoto
02-27-2017, 02:22 PM
Well...

Bakumon - Cockatrimon - Megadramon

Bakumon - Monochromon - Megadramon

TMS
02-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Yeah, LoaderLeomon being mechanical is what I meant by modern. It's an odd contrast to the Holy Beasts, who represent an ancient tradition. HisyaRyumon might be a little odd for Qinglongmon given its context in the franchise, but I think it would be fine visually. There's no purely visual connection between HisyaRyumon and the Ouryuken. It's not like the Megadramon/Mugendramon thing (which I didn't think about until you mentioned it, but it's kind of amusing/fitting). The main objection is that HisyaRyumon has been a partner Digimon, but at least it's never been in the anime.

I guess that the back of Qinglongmon's helmet looks a little like the frill of a ceratopsian, but it's a weak connection in my opinion. Its horn looks nothing like Triceramon's.

Putting Bakumon and Megadramon in the same line is a little random, but I don't think it's too bad. If you put Airdramon between them I think it would work pretty well. No hind legs for any of them, helmets on all of them, Bakumon and Airdramon are both holy/mythological, and Airdramon and Megadramon are both winged serpentine dragons.

Theigno
02-27-2017, 02:24 PM
I think Bakumon evolving into Megadramon doesn't make sense at all since Bakumon's adult form is Boarmon and perfect is Mammon
you realize Bakumon can literally evolve into 30 different adult Digimon... and six of them can evolve into Megadramon: Monochromon, Meramon, Leomon, Greymon, DarkTyranomon a Cockatrimon. And of course Tri can insert whatever Digimon into the line that it wants.

edit: double Ninja'd...

AquaVersus
02-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Not to mention any Digimon can basically evolve into any other Digimon at the next stage.

Okay, maybe not ANY other Digimon (HolyAngemon into Piemon, I don't see it happening) but there are lots of Adult-level Digimon you could put between Bakumon and Megadramon and still have it work. As mentioned above, Airdramon is a good choice, and others have also used FlareLizamon and DarkLizamon.

The only "official" things you see on Wikimon are just examples of evolutions that have occurred previously in the games, anime shows, etc.

amozu16
03-02-2017, 12:24 AM
I'd sooner imagine Bakumon going to Goddramon than Megadramon, but whatever...

Lhikan634
03-06-2017, 02:09 AM
You also do realize, I hope, that Megadramon can already become Goldramon? As far as a Champion form, the main trait that's retained thus far is the helmet. Tossing in Flarizamon or Darkizamon as a new evo would be really easy and almost eerily fitting between Bakumon and Megadramon.

ShindoW
03-06-2017, 03:52 AM
Honestly, it's probably just a nitpick, but I have huge reservations about any of the evolutions in Part 4. Even Hououmon feels like a stretch to me. I mean, the Digimon lost all their memories and then suddenly they have a bond to go immediately to Mega? Just seems odd to me when they made such a huge deal out of it in the past series, even for their basic forms. Seraphimon in particular nags at me because none of the "lead up" from 3 should technically matter...

but then again you could say Hope is special and probably trumps all that... and that it IS a movie series and they don't have time to revamp every relationship, I know... but it's still annoying.

Jay Ukyou
03-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Yeah, I feel like they're doing the best with what they have, but they've clearly written themselves into a corner with this Reboot thing happening when it does.

Basically... the Reboot happening at the end of Part 3 of 6 is good pacing in terms of the story structure. But they have another structure going on where each of the movies is supposed to be introducing a new Kyuukyokutai digimon for each of the 6 (non-Tai/Yama) kids. And that's good pacing too. Unfortunately, the two plot devices interfere with each other directly due to the way the Adventure series is inherently set up.

CloneWarrior
03-06-2017, 01:43 PM
If Bakumon even evolves to the Ultimate level, I can't see it becoming anything but Huanglongmon. It would be pretty weird for the fifth Digimon in a set of Digimon where the rest became the Four Holy Beasts to not become the fifth Holy Beast.

LotusRose
03-11-2017, 08:09 PM
I feel like Megadramon would have suited Quinlongmon more, since they're both serpentine dragons. Then Triceramon could become Huanglongmon... which wouldn't be perfect, but I think it'd look better than Triceramon > Quinlongmon at least.

flintlock
03-15-2017, 02:03 AM
If Bakumon even evolves to the Ultimate level, I can't see it becoming anything but Huanglongmon. It would be pretty weird for the fifth Digimon in a set of Digimon where the rest became the Four Holy Beasts to not become the fifth Holy Beast.

Himekawa and Bakumon's reunion was so ugly so I can't even really see her being partners with Bakumon again let alone evolving into one of the most holy Digimon that exists. Maybe Himekawa will have a a face hell turn/giant moment of clarity?

Bartz
03-15-2017, 03:10 AM
Looking at Himekawa's reunion, I can see her relationship with the reborn Bakumon being that point of redemption for her later on. Some of her redeemable points are tied to her partner, and the loss of his memories of her could be treated as a punishment for her actions in the story. So her being forced to deal with the consequences through that loss and then learn from her mistakes could be a way for the writers to write her coming back from her selfish actions and become a heroic character again.

amozu16
03-16-2017, 02:27 PM
I wonder if Himekawa will be used to tie the Dark Ocean into the story. Highly unlikely, but a twist I would welcome with open arms and a smile

Unknown Neo
03-16-2017, 03:20 PM
I would like that. I'd accept that very easily.

Chisana Minamoto
03-23-2017, 04:57 PM
I wonder, what is actually a evolutionary line five original Digimon? Sorry if it's been dealt with. It's hard to keep track. I know that this topic was solved before nearly two years ago. So... http://withthewill.net/threads/15376-Adventure-and-02-Mysteries-Original-Chosen-Four-Holy-Beasts-Wallace-and-etc?highlight=holy+beast

Originally we assumed that these were:

Agumon
Piyomon
Gabumon
Tentomon
Patamon

Here creators a little ... I do not like these discrepancies. Patamon was replaced to Bakumon.
Piyomon could be. We have a choice of these bird Digimon: Hyokomon, Hakwmon, Falcomon, Muchomon and Penmon...

Assuming that would change other Digimon:
Penmon/Muchomon - Cockatrimon/Akatorimon - Hippogriffomon for Zhuqiaomon
Hyokomon... well, I dont know...

Agumon... Well, I think we can safely assume pattern dragon / reptile...
Here we have a somewhat larger group: Agumon, Gabumon, Guilmon, Gaossmon, Kotemon, Psychemon, Dracomon, Gumdramon, Huckmon, Monodramon, Shoutmon, V-mon...

From the list, I would definitely crossed out these Digimon: Guilmon, Gumdramon, Shoutmon and V-mon and maybe too.. Monodramon with Huckmon...
For Agumon and Gabumon the same applies thing for Piyomon.
Well... The best choice is Dracomon. The rest is debatable.
Dracomon - Coredramon (Green) - Triceramon for Qinglongmon

Tentomon... could be as Piyomon. And: Dokunemon, Kunemon, Funbeemon, Wormmon...So... Now, I ruled out to Funbeemon and Wormmon... We are assuming that we create new lines of not sharing Digimon...
Personally, I chose Dokunemon.
Dokunemon/Kunemon - Shellmon - Orochimon for Xuanwumon. Here it is difficult. While there could be Coatlmon, but I want avoid using armor.

Gabumon... Probably it will be completely replaced as Patamon.
So there may be: Liollmon/ Elecmon - Leomon/Liamon - LoaderLiomon for Bauihumon

Jay Ukyou
03-23-2017, 05:32 PM
I do like Penmon as Hippogriffmon's Child. It lets the Original Five cover both Bird-type and Aquatic-type species with one member!

Triceramon evolving from Dracomon works. But I also think that he works fine as being the OG Agumon. Apparently every team needs an Agumon. (Seriously, across the franchise, there's like ten Tamers who have Agumon as their canon partner...)

No clue on Orochimon.

The internet at large seems to already love the idea of Liollmon as Daigo's partner, so I hope they're right. OG Goggle partner is a Lion. Somehow feels really fitting for this series.

Kiimon: Blast Mode
03-23-2017, 08:13 PM
OG Goggle partner is a Lion. Somehow feels really fitting for this series.

I have a strong feeling that Daigo or his partner will die like every other Leomon in the franchise.

TMS
03-23-2017, 08:29 PM
The internet at large seems to already love the idea of Liollmon as Daigo's partner, so I hope they're right. OG Goggle partner is a Lion. Somehow feels really fitting for this series.

Makes me think of Zoids. I think its protagonists were always paired with Ligers.

Lhikan634
03-23-2017, 10:36 PM
One consideration that I note hasn't been mentioned but seems to be warranted: what if we're totally wrong on the obvious guesses? We could have something a bit more elementally based:

Triceramon -> Zhuqiaomon
Hippogriffmon -> Azulongmon

We already have a Virus to Vaccine in the form of Orochimon to Ebonwumon, so I don't think attribute's really all that useful a factor. Dinosaurs, after all, are highly related to birds (with some taxonomists even suggesting that birds be considered under the group Dinosauria). This also keeps a fire and air trend between them. Plus, Baihumon's "element" association with steel makes sense to connect to LoaderLiomon. Orochimon makes decent sense as he's really the closest to a water-based "obvious" evo (i.e. anything other than Cherrymon). Hopefully they use something like Coelamon or Seadramon for Orochimon if that's the case.

TMS
03-23-2017, 11:05 PM
Triceramon's not really a fire elemental, though. Most of its attacks are purely physical. The only exception is Golden Tri-Horn Attack, which... huh!...is an electrical attack. I just now realized that Triceramon and Qinglongmon do sort of share an elemental affinity.

EDIT:
As for Orochimon, maybe it's connected to water because it loves alcohol? lol

NekaBudala
03-24-2017, 02:23 AM
Hippogriffmon to Zhuqiaomon
Triceramon to Azzulongmon

Its already confirmed and posted to Digimon wiki

Chisana Minamoto
03-24-2017, 05:54 AM
I almost forgot to Coronamon, it would also have to operate within the evolutionary line Baihumon.
Agumon ... I would be glad if we do not get one universe in one and the same Agumon.

TMS
03-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Hippogriffmon to Zhuqiaomon
Triceramon to Azzulongmon

Its already confirmed and posted to Digimon wiki

Technically, it's not confirmed. The only evolution we actually saw was Orochimon's.

Lhikan634
03-24-2017, 11:17 PM
Triceramon's not really a fire elemental, though. Most of its attacks are purely physical. The only exception is Golden Tri-Horn Attack, which... huh!...is an electrical attack. I just now realized that Triceramon and Qinglongmon do sort of share an elemental affinity.

I could have sworn he did. I must be thinking Monochromon as I always connect them in evo lines (plus the trend of dino = fire). I'll modify my thoughts as specifying Monochromon -> Triceramon -> Zhuqiaomon then to preserve the fire component. Granted, I could see either Triceramon or Hippogriffmon being connected to Zhuqiaomon.

I'd considered the alcohol as a potential link for Orochimon (and technically, it's mostly water by composition). There are a number of sea snakes, and the Yamata no Orochi actually has connections to a river if I remember correctly.

Interestingly, though, the Azure Dragon (or Qīnglóng) is actually associated with the element of wood, whereas Azulongmon's profile lists electricity. Azulongmon just seems to be the awkward one. I might could see Raidramon -> Triceramon -> Azulongmon. I tend to mentally place Azulongmon as a holy dragon like Magnadramon, so that may be part of why Triceramon just seems strange here.

I almost want to see a good rationale for having LoaderLiomon become Zhuqiaomon or Azulongmon as even his becoming Baihumon wasn't technically shown either (it's just the one no one really questions as it makes a lot of sense). Not that I can really think of any rationale for that…

TMS
03-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Interestingly, though, the Azure Dragon (or Qīnglóng) is actually associated with the element of wood, whereas Azulongmon's profile lists electricity.

Well, in the Wu Xing, each element is associated with a number of other ideas. Thus the element of wood encompasses both thunder and wind.

flintlock
03-25-2017, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE=TMS;308717]

I almost want to see a good rationale for having LoaderLiomon become Zhuqiaomon or Azulongmon as even his becoming Baihumon wasn't technically shown either (it's just the one no one really questions as it makes a lot of sense). Not that I can really think of any rationale for that…

Liamon, LoaderLeomon's adult form has an attack called Thunder of King where he generates electricity from his mane.

Kenkimon is one of the few construction equipment Digimon and he runs on Electricity and even has a plug on his tail, so maybe LoaderLiomon can too but it's a bit of a stretch. (Kenkimon is related to electricity because of the Digimental of Friendship.)

Digimon'sDigitalWill
09-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Well, what can I say? Part 5's Evolution Scenes (The Two Batches) are nice, but that is where it stops. Why does WarGreymon get a standalone scene? All 8 would have been much better. And, comparatively, Lilymon/Rosemon gets the most unique out of all of them when compared together. Omegamon is so-so. Then, the actual problem, Raguelmon and Ophanimon Falldown Mode, the evolution sequences are lame. There is precedents, but not executed very well. And, what is that amalgamation, a Digimon or a digital being?

On another point, Kumamon from a feline line is another weird, but not too bad.

C-MC
09-30-2017, 05:09 PM
Well, what can I say? Part 5's Evolution Scenes (The Two Batches) are nice, but that is where it stops. Why does WarGreymon get a standalone scene? All 8 would have been much better. And, comparatively, Lilymon/Rosemon gets the most unique out of all of them when compared together. Omegamon is so-so. Then, the actual problem, Raguelmon and Ophanimon Falldown Mode, the evolution sequences are lame. There is precedents, but not executed very well. And, what is that amalgamation, a Digimon or a digital being?

On another point, Kumamon from a feline line is another weird, but not too bad.actually the name is Bearmon

TMS
09-30-2017, 05:53 PM
I believe that Bearmon was localized as Kumamon in Digimon World 3, though the name was later used as Chackmon's dub name.

flintlock
10-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Bearmon actually had a Leomon (GrappLeomon) line in his evolution line too which I found pretty cool.

Digimon'sDigitalWill
10-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Yes, the name Bearmon comes to mind first, but by virtue of language, I thought that Kumamon is the original name. I do not mind it too much though (the Bearmon evolving to the LoaderLiomon line), not as much as Triceramon if we are to take the evolution as direct.

zhangfei
10-01-2017, 09:44 PM

On another point, Kumamon from a feline line is another weird, but not too bad.
The issue is Garurumon/Weregarurumon/Metalgarurumon not received standalone scene yet.

Jay Ukyou
10-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Well, Yamato is looking to be one of the focal characters in Part 6, what with taking up the mantle of 'temporary goggle boy'. I'm sure there will be opportunity for Were/MetalGarurumon to get an evolution scene to himself.

dansplosion
10-08-2017, 07:14 AM
A new enemy in part 6 needs a new form for our heroes or new heroes! I'm hoping the 02 kids have their evolution scenes or we get some new forms! Omegamon alter-s? imperialdramon paladin mode animated in tri? new megas for the 02 kids? :D

clanc
10-08-2017, 09:12 PM
If they show Imperialdramon PM on tri. I'm gonna scream like a fangirl.

Ryudamon
10-10-2017, 09:08 PM
When I was doing my quizzes on Sporcle, I have notice that the Digimon World have added Digimental Digivolutions for some of the 01 cast Digimon excluding Patamon and Gatomon/Salamon. They do have evolution with Palmon, Tentomon, Gabumon, Biymon and Gomamon. Only one that has not got an evolution like this is Agumon. Wonder if they are going to make them unreleased Digimon help the 02 cast get out.

TMS
10-10-2017, 10:14 PM
I doubt it. The Armor Digimon you refer to were essentially jokes that only "appeared" in a CD drama. I don't think we have a full translation of it, but I thought there was some question as to whether they actually existed outside of the partner Digimon's imagination.

salman332
10-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Because this is discussing evolution I think this is still within topic:
So when Agumon evolve to MetalGreymon his claw is actually able to move like finger but when we see machinedramon, the one who has the same type of claw as MetalGreymon he only has the standard non-movable finger version.
Is this actually a foreshadowing or just the artist not caring about continuity?

SuperStarlite
10-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Because this is discussing evolution I think this is still within topic:
So when Agumon evolve to MetalGreymon his claw is actually able to move like finger but when we see machinedramon, the one who has the same type of claw as MetalGreymon he only has the standard non-movable finger version.
Is this actually a foreshadowing or just the artist not caring about continuity?

It could be a third option. Just cause they're designed the same doesn't meant that they have to behave the same way. Maybe since Machinedramon is full machine he doesn't have the same dexterity that MetalGreymon has :P

McGann
10-11-2017, 09:00 AM
I doubt they actually have a reason, but I'd say just because they aren't bending doesn't mean they can't. We know in reality, it was probably just done to make the posing more dynamic. You could argue Machinedramon's movements are deliberately more stiff and mechanical to match his namesake and personality. Make him more like a cold unfeeling killing machine.

salman332
10-11-2017, 03:19 PM
That would be good explanation if their claw isn't shaped differently, for some reason. MetalGreymon suddenly got wrist movement while Machinedramon is still one solid piece.

Jay Ukyou
10-11-2017, 08:34 PM
The part that makes it kinda annoying is that according to 'null canon' lore, Mugendramon's arm should have been taken directly from a MetalGreymon.

TMS
10-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Considering Mugendramon's is called Booster Claw instead of Trident Arm, it probably got it from an inferior Virus MetalGreymon.

salman332
10-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Well if vaccine MetalGreymon get redesign, it would be safe to assume the virus version get redesign as well, like in 02 the virus one has the exact same appearance to vaccine one right? So it still didn't explain why their claw is different.
The logical explanation that I could think off is either the artist didn't care or Meicuumon virus actually has a hand in MetalGreymon redesign similiar to x program.
Also Wargreymon claw is also moving like fingers as well right?