PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Card Expert Needed!

Chloemon
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I am in the greater Seattle Area and am looking for a Digimon card expert to appraise a collection of 150-200 digimon cards. I am compensating with cash for appraisal services. Please contact me!

- Chloe

Vande
12-01-2014, 09:16 PM
It depends which cards you have. I have a load of cards left myself.

Chloemon
12-01-2014, 09:30 PM
So I am a Pokemon nerd, so I know vaguely how to appraise cards based on that they're holo, they're mint, and the text is english. Also, they have silver and gold foil logos. One non-holo version of a holo card I have was selling on e-bay for $90. A quick random sampling of a few holo cards yielded e-bay prices of $5 to $30. I have about 175 of these >.< I really just want someone who knows Digimon really well to look through and tell me what's junk and what's valuable.

MarcFBR
12-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Generically speaking Digimon cards largely have the value of 'what any given fan will pay for them.'

A handful of fans have decided certain holo and foil cards are very very valuable, and will pay insane prices for them (mostly on eBay.)

If you went to a dealer to try and sell them, they'd likely buy a box for a few dollars, or even refuse to buy believing it's just not worth their time or effort.

Best suggestion is look at closed eBay auctions that sold, see if you have anything that matches, and set your price similar to them.

Unless the market has changed since the last time I checked (and it very well could have for all I know) there isn't a general set value as there is for other older card games.

Basically... be careful and smart. I will offer $1 for your entire set.

Chloemon
12-01-2014, 09:36 PM
I'd wholesale it for 10 cents a card, so $15-$20 >.< But I see what you mean. Ebay it out.

MarcFBR
12-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I'd wholesale it for 10 cents a card, so $15-$20 >.< But I see what you mean. Ebay it out.

If I had the extra cash I'd take that bet. Worst case is I'm out 15 to 20. Best case is, maybe I could make enough to run the site for a year and get us the upcoming BD sets.

eBay 1 by 1 for anything of value, then sell the rest as a lot probably is your best bet.

Mittenmon
12-08-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm no expert, but i've been dealing with Digimon cards for over 13 years now, and just finished my collection. I've been in contact with a couple of people in regards to the "appraisal" of my own cards. But as the other people here have said, if you are planning to sell them to a card store you probably wont have much luck. I do almost all of my buying and selling on ebay and tradecardsonline. There just arent enough other venues for picking these cards up anymore, so price comparing with Ebay is what I do.

I DO have some old Beckett magazines, which appraised most of the early digimon card sets at their values before 2002. But really, its up to the buyers and sellers to determine how "valuable" the cards are.

Do you have a list, or some pictures of what you've got? I'm guessing you have the Animated edition cards, not Digi-Battle?