PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight

Pages : [1] 2

MugenSeiRyuu
12-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Someon at the CCG Forums posted this:
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/16550_05_digimonds_122_521lo.jpg

Could this be connected to the Digimon Twin ?

Rika24
12-13-2006, 01:51 PM
i just hope those aren't the actual screen colors in those screenshots & those digimon look like new versions of terriermon.

btw, what is Digimon Twin?

MugenSeiRyuu
12-13-2006, 01:55 PM
A new V-Pet, rumoured to be related to a 6th series of Digimon Anime.

And I don´t think these are the actual screen colors.

DigistarDBZ
12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Lunamon!? I knew they'd make a Digimon with that name eventually! :D

Apparently it looks a little like the Pokémon games in which there are two versions of a game that are interlinked by some common plotline or something, and would probably be able to connect and interact with each other. The one with Lunamon is called "Digimon Story Moonlight", and the other Digimon, Coronamon, is "Digimon Story Sunburst". The kanji for moon is translated as "moonlight", and the kanji for sun is translated as "sunburst", via katakana.

(Actually, I don't think they look that much like Terriermon...)

MugenSeiRyuu
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
If anyone looks like an older Digimon then Coronamon resembles Gaomon a bit.

Let´s hope they make it better than the Pokemon Games and the Stories are not exactly the same in both Versions.

Strange that there is no Reptile Digimon.

SakuyamonX
12-13-2006, 02:11 PM
There seems to be 400 Digimon (Twice then the last game), and it's going to be released in March, 1, 2007!!!

Intresting because Digimon Twin is supposed to be released in March too...

MugenSeiRyuu
12-13-2006, 02:16 PM
And Sun and Moon are a Twin Theme.

Airdra
12-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Ooh, I really like Coronamon. :3 Nice find.

ShogunMamemon
12-13-2006, 03:11 PM
cool 2 new Rookies(?)
Is it sure that the scan isn´t a fake?

Terriermon Fan
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow, I can hear the uneducated fans yelling "rip off" already.

I like the new digimon. They are cute but they don't replace my Terriermon! =<

I'm guessing Digimon Story must of done really well for this to happen.

Is that Lilamon? That must mean Raramon is in it! Yeah!

Flarg
12-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Yay for AeroVeedramon. That's awesome, I wasd quite sad when the Veedramon line wasn't in the last one. Now if only Goddramon was in it........

SakuyamonX
12-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Guys there is 400 Digimon, so they can fit alot in it.

Btw, I see Susanoomon in that screenie with Lilamon.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes, I wonder if that means Hybrids.

400 Digimon is a bit less than half of the total population.

Wow, I can hear the uneducated fans yelling "rip off" already.

You don´t need a Game like that to hear that.

Master-Element
12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
We'll I'm not buying these in japanese i'll wait for them to come out in the us which judging from the new attempts to re introduce digimon in america makes me think it'll be around the time savers hits the usa

SakuyamonX
12-13-2006, 04:41 PM

So? Tell me one Digimon game that had 400 Digimon in it... Besides most of the population of Digimon are recolors, or clones anyways. *

Master-Element
12-13-2006, 04:46 PM

So? Tell me one Digimon game that had 400 Digimon in it... Besides most of the population of Digimon are recolors, or clones anyways.

ya so was allot of the digimon in the first digimon story.

Airdra
12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey, the more Digimon the merrier. As long as it's more than the first, that's a good thing. :D

We'll I'm not buying these in japanese i'll wait for them to come out in the us which judging from the new attempts to re introduce digimon in america makes me think it'll be around the time savers hits the usa

Yeah, I'm torn as to what I want to do. I'm remarkably impatient, so I'll probably wind up importing one and getting the other one if/when it hits the US.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM

So? Tell me one Digimon game that had 400 Digimon in it... Besides most of the population of Digimon are recolors, or clones anyways. *

There was no game with 400. And only around 1 third of the population are recolors. Basically what RPGs do since decades and a Nature since Millions of years.

jfred
12-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey, as long as it's DWDS-compatible, I'll be happy. No matter what it is. I don't care if I have to have 2 DSs to trade over. I just wanna keep my DotAgumon and Kyukimon!

Santaskid
12-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Definately looks like a nice game, it might mean that when/if Twin starts airing it will have Hybrids playing a similar role to the armors in Tamers, Frontier, and Savers, just normal digimon. That is what it looks like, they'll probably evolve from their base digimon, and or digimon similar to their base digimon, such as Garurumon+ spirit of light(either)= Wolfmon and Garmmon depending on the line you wanted to go. OR it would be Strabimon-Wolfmon/Garmmon-BeoWulfmon-MagnaGarurumon/Ancient Garurumon(Garmmon will probably be a dead end on the evolutionary line.)

I will definately be importing one, and then when/if they are released stateside get the other, both rookies look awsome, as does CA Dukemon(seen in one of the in game images.)

Unknown Neo
12-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Another DS game? I haven't even got the first yet. But I will. And I'll get the sun based one of these when it comes out. The digimon for it looks better to me.

BlackWargreymonFan
12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
^ Same here. ;D

Any way, I can't help but get a Tailmon vibe when I look into Coronamon's cat-like eyes. I wonder if he will open the door to a new batch of Solar-powered, Leomon-inspired 'volutions. After getting the short straw in two anime series, it would be interesting to see a Leomon type take center stage in a game.

Still...the Digimon I hope most gets into this game personally? GaiOumon. As far as I'm concerned, he's the most bad-ass Digimon to come around since BWG himself, but he hasn't been used nearly enough in my opinion. 400 some Digimon? Re-colors filling up any where between a quarter to a half of the roster or not, he NEEDS to be in the mix!

SakuyamonX
12-13-2006, 06:44 PM
And only around 1 third of the population are recolors. Basically what RPGs do since decades and a Nature since Millions of years.

That's still alot, and that's no real excuse >.>;.

And I don't see CA Dukemon o.O;

AlforceVeedramon
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm totally freaking out over AeroVeedramon being in. If he's in, then Alforce is all but confirmed.

Still, kinda funny how this is announced only a short time after it came out here in the States. I guess the game did pretty well in Japan.

Santaskid
12-13-2006, 07:43 PM
And I don't see CA Dukemon o.O;

If you look at the image of the ingame text right next to the image that shows Lilamon and some other digimon which I can't quite make out, there is a large orange box next to it, the box is also directly below mister pirate mask. But the digimon talking in that image, well to me at least, looks like it's name says CA De yu u Ke Mo N (yu= small yu not large, and the second u is actaully the extend vowel sound dash used in Katakana), So put that together and we get CA Dukemon. Looks similar to Dukemon Crimson mode to me in the mugshot, but he looks like he lacks the wings. But like I said i could be wrong and it could be CR Dukemon as in Crimson Dukemon though that wouldn't make to much sense.

Terriermon Fan
12-13-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm hoping they work on the battle animations more or atleast let us see our Digimon during battle.

kris
12-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Can I call it now?... I think they will probably evolve into Dianamon and Apollomon (of the 12 Olympian group). Seriously, if they don't, that would be a TOTAL waste, considering Diana was the goddess of the moon and Apollo of the sun (not be confused with the actual moon and sun, though... Helios and his sister).

Airdra
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, even if they don't evolve into them at first, they can always be possible evolutions later on. XD The joys of flexible evolution lines...

Any way, I can't help but get a Tailmon vibe when I look into Coronamon's cat-like eyes. I wonder if he will open the door to a new batch of Solar-powered, Leomon-inspired 'volutions. After getting the short straw in two anime series, it would be interesting to see a Leomon type take center stage in a game.

Assuming Coronamon's a Child, I could definitely see an evolution to Lynxmon. X3

Infinity Blade
12-13-2006, 09:37 PM
AeroV-Dramon?
Susanoomon?

@#&^ yeah. =D

Now, they just need to implement battling via WiFi Online and make the main game actually CHALLENGING to some extent. And make some of the evolution lines a little less wonky. Do that, and these games will be badass.

And IF they do that, I'll buy BOTH.

Though, new Digivice AND a new set of games in March? Hmmmmmm... very, VERY interesting. =D

Rika24
12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
i don't care for either of those new child digimon. but i just hope that strabimon, flamon, & wolfmon are in it. which ever game they're in will be the one i buy.

TheTET
12-13-2006, 10:36 PM
This game is gonna be awesome if they'll do the real evo lines and the savers' ultimates ;D

Deviate
12-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Assuming Coronamon's a Child, I could definitely see an evolution to Lynxmon. X3

I could see that, but since Coronamon is a starter Digimon it is almost guaranteed he and Lunamon will have a line full of a new Digimon. Like when I saw Guilmon for the first time I thought they were going to complete Tyrannomon's line.

Angel-kun
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
But maybe there will be more digimon, because there are two games, maybe in one are some digimon that don't have the other.

Deviate
12-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Then here's hoping Bandai decides to create at least a dozen new Digimon besides the ones connected to Lunamon and Coronamon.

Silasmon X
12-14-2006, 12:35 AM
I have the JAP version of Story, and since I don't feel like getting the American one now that FAQ's are available, I'll be getting both of these imported if someone can provide a translation like last time.

Hmm... if these new games are taking place in what is still a semi-Savers related Digital World, could that mean Twin is as well? Oh God...

SunshineGreymon. *ducks*

Actually, come to think of it, don't we already have a sun/moon thing going on with Shine and Mirage? This just keeps getting better. I always wondered if 5 & 6, with their already half-tribute nature would pull an Adventure/Zero Two combo.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-14-2006, 02:25 AM
I thought about one thing: What´s if these Games are less like Pokemon, but more like .hack ?

And only around 1 third of the population are recolors. Basically what RPGs do since decades and a Nature since Millions of years.

That's still alot, and that's no real excuse >.>;.

Compared with other Games using Monsters it´s not a lot. And keeping Digimon´s Nature in mind, it somehow makes sense.

Paradise_Lost
12-14-2006, 05:23 AM
Youch....that pictures reminds of Devil Children...
Does that mean we're gonna have another version of DigimonStory?

AlforceVeedramon
12-14-2006, 05:38 AM
I just wish they'd use the cool recolors, instead of useless ones like Muchomon and Alraumon (especially this one; he didn't even evolve!)

Rax-Blackcat
12-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I hate those two, like I want metal seadramon to kill the fire one so badly...and the other get mocked by terriemon for being a copy...

MugenSeiRyuu
12-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Where exactly does everyone see Terriermon in Lunamon ? I feel riminded of that Bunny Transformer From beast Wars II ( whose name happens to be Moon ), but not Terriermon.

I just wish they'd use the cool recolors, instead of useless ones like Muchomon and Alraumon (especially this one; he didn't even evolve!)

Isn´t Alraumon a she who can´t evolve ? Pretty pointless.

Vande
12-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Hmm if it does come out - i'd possibly get Moonlight - Lunamon is better of the 2 XD

Santaskid
12-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Can I call it now?... I think they will probably evolve into Dianamon and Apollomon (of the 12 Olympian group). Seriously, if they don't, that would be a TOTAL waste, considering Diana was the goddess of the moon and Apollo of the sun (not be confused with the actual moon and sun, though... Helios and his sister).

Well for somereason I could see their evolution lines containing a Heliomon, and what ever the name of Helios' sister is for the Adult or Perfect levels if the Ultimates do turn out to be Dianamon, and Apollomon(which should be members of the Olympus 12)

But yeah I like their looks. Lunamon does look slightly familiar, but I can't remember where from. Coronamon is cool as well so I don't know which version I'd want to get, heck I might go as far to get both, and even get a second DS Lite to be able to battle/trade with myself.

CloneWarrior
12-14-2006, 01:24 PM

Well for somereason I could see their evolution lines containing a Heliomon, and what ever the name of Helios' sister is for the Adult or Perfect levels if the Ultimates do turn out to be Dianamon, and Apollomon(which should be members of the Olympus 12)

But yeah I like their looks. Lunamon does look slightly familiar, but I can't remember where from. Coronamon is cool as well so I don't know which version I'd want to get, heck I might go as far to get both, and even get a second DS Lite to be able to battle/trade with myself.

Helios' sister is Selene....

So I guess Selenamon....

But why would the sun and moon themselves be lower stages than the gods?

I'd think they'd just be alternate ultimates....

My ideas for their lines in the games....

Lunamon
Crescentmon
Cratermon
Dianamon/Selenamon

Coronamon
Thermomon
Solarismon
Apollomon/Heliomon

Santaskid
12-14-2006, 03:56 PM
That makes sense I don't know why I had them as lower level but they were just ideas that popped in my head, but yeah having Helios or Apollomon for Coronamon's ultimate, and Dianamon or Selenamon for Lunamon's ultimates make sense.

RewolfJ
12-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Bleh. I don't care much for these two. Especially Coronamon. He has that stupid body-parts-shaped-like-flames thing that Magmar (ugliest/lamest pokémon ever) has. Lunamon's half decent. I expect one of his evolved forms to be some sort of rabbit with a mochi mallet.

CloneWarrior
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Bleh. I don't care much for these two. Especially Coronamon. He has that stupid body-parts-shaped-like-flames thing that Magmar (ugliest/lamest pokémon ever) has.* Lunamon's half decent. I expect one of his evolved forms to be some sort of rabbit with a mochi mallet.

How do you know they're not real flames?

-Koumori-
12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I don't see Terriermon in Lunamon myself - but I like both of these new Digimon at any rate. AeroVeedramon? Yuss. If Veedramon and AlforceVeedramon are in, the awesome ship'll set sail. I wonder if we'll get to see what a Chaosmon made from Valdurmon and Sleipmon will look like?

Santaskid
12-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Bleh. I don't care much for these two. Especially Coronamon. He has that stupid body-parts-shaped-like-flames thing that Magmar (ugliest/lamest pokémon ever) has. Lunamon's half decent. I expect one of his evolved forms to be some sort of rabbit with a mochi mallet.

Yeah Lunamon will probably have a rabbit looking evo line. Especially with the fact that Lunamon does have long floppy ears, and does have a slight rabbit look to her(simply becuase of the possibility of Diana/Selenamon as a form, i am going to refer to Lunamon as a girl). Plus the Rabbit on the moon, makes sense for for a lunar digimon.

Shigeru82
12-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Stupid idea, but somehow they should allow you to use what you attained in the First digimon story to crossover with the current one.

Nut then again, that's just the fanboy in me talking. >_>

kris
12-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah Lunamon will probably have a rabbit looking evo line. Especially with the fact that Lunamon does have long floppy ears, and does have a slight rabbit look to her(simply becuase of the possibility of Diana/Selenamon as a form, i am going to refer to Lunamon as a girl). Plus the Rabbit on the moon, makes sense for for a lunar digimon.

Well, Lunamon seems to be wearing a dress, so that may also be a reason to refer to her as a female. Though it could just be a robe.

Also, having Selenamon (Guh! I can't believe I didn't remember her name) and Heliosmon as lower levels of Dianamon and Apollomon wouldn't be that weird. As goddess/god of the moon/sun, they do have dominion over them. Plus, it's Digimon: they can do whatever they want. Just because in real mythology they may be on-par powerwise doesn't mean that they have to be here. They're just name origins, and not carbon copies.

I'm really hoping that these are the child forms of Dianamon and Apollomon, though. It's too perfect. They're coming out around the time of the Digimon Twins (Diana and Apollo are twins) and they are moon/sun themed (like Diana and Apollo). It would be a wasted oppurtunity. Can't wait for more info (which will probably come in about 3 months...)

Rax-Blackcat
12-15-2006, 08:29 AM

Well, Lunamon seems to be wearing a dress, so that may also be a reason to refer to her as a female. Though it could just be a robe.

Also, having Selenamon (Guh! I can't believe I didn't remember her name) and Heliosmon as lower levels of Dianamon and Apollomon wouldn't be that weird. As goddess/god of the moon/sun, they do have dominion over them. Plus, it's Digimon: they can do whatever they want. Just because in real mythology they may be on-par powerwise doesn't mean that they have to be here. They're just name origins, and not carbon copies.

I'm really hoping that these are the child forms of Dianamon and Apollomon, though. It's too perfect. They're coming out around the time of the Digimon Twins (Diana and Apollo are twins) and they are moon/sun themed (like Diana and Apollo). It would be a wasted oppurtunity. Can't wait for more info (which will probably come in about 3 months...)

Moon is usually portrayed as female, while the sun is usually portrayed as male. But I think I remember one Latin American legend about a male sun and a female Sun...

So, I think maybe we could get metal Seadramon and Giga Seadramon to kill the fire guy…

Magnamon gets his power from the sun? Because if that is the case then Coronamon would be Magnamon boss...

MugenSeiRyuu
12-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Where did you get that from ? Magnamon has to do with light, but not sunlight. Holy Light !

Rax-Blackcat
12-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Where did you get that from ? Magnamon has to do with light, but not sunlight. Holy Light !

That makes him one of the few dragons to use holly light, since that’s usually angel power...

Huanglogmon is the source of the holy light Hikari had in adventure, or it was more like the leftovers of certain computer that later became Huanglongmon?

RewolfJ
12-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Bleh. I don't care much for these two. Especially Coronamon. He has that stupid body-parts-shaped-like-flames thing that Magmar (ugliest/lamest pokémon ever) has.* Lunamon's half decent. I expect one of his evolved forms to be some sort of rabbit with a mochi mallet.

With Coronamon, there's something that looks more like a real flame in front of his forehead. Magmar, I don't know. I just vaguely recall his "flames" not being animated on the TV show. Either way, it doesn't change my opinion on the design.

CloneWarrior
12-15-2006, 03:53 PM

With Coronamon, there's something that looks more like a real flame in front of his forehead. Magmar, I don't know. I just vaguely recall his "flames" not being animated on the TV show. Either way, it doesn't change my opinion on the design.

I know Magmar's flames aren't real, but we still don't know if Coronamon's are real or not...

Didn't Lynxmon's look like his?

RewolfJ
12-15-2006, 04:04 PM

I know Magmar's flames aren't real, but we still don't know if Coronamon's are real or not...

Didn't Lynxmon's look like his?

Nope. (http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=lynxmon&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi) Note how the colors aren't flat. Coronamon's head-flame-ear things are more like hair.

Santaskid
12-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Remember to take into account that these images aren't in full color, so they could just be, I don't know prototype images for the two, and the colors could very easily change when they are released.

Yes Lunamon does look to be weiring a dress or robe, plus with the whole Sun is represented with a male, moon with a female it also inforces that their Perfects could be the sun and the moon them selfs, and the ultimates being those who rule over that object.

Rax-Blackcat
12-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Remember to take into account that these images aren't in full color, so they could just be, I don't know prototype images for the two, and the colors could very easily change when they are released.

Yes Lunamon does look to be weiring a dress or robe, plus with the whole Sun is represented with a male, moon with a female it also inforces that their Perfects could be the sun and the moon them selfs, and the ultimates being those who rule over that object.

They is no way a Digimon would evolve into the Sun on the moon...

CloneWarrior
12-15-2006, 09:03 PM

They is no way a Digimon would evolve into the Sun on the moon...

Are you supposed to make sense?

Edit: They could possibly also have a wind-themed Digimon for the Digimon Twin R White....

Which could also be in these games....

Breezemon
Tornadomon
Maelstromon
Hurricanemon

And for Black....

How about the Night?

ooh44
12-16-2006, 08:10 AM
?Here is the scan from the last VJUMP issue I just scan it.

the color page ;)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/72/vj20070201lk1.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3692/vj20070202eb2.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/209/vj20070203fl0.jpg

TheTET
12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Oh yeah Ophanimon is included! ;D

AlforceVeedramon
12-16-2006, 10:16 AM
well, the male character appears to be the same as the one from DWDS

New Digimon I see: Ophanimon (THAT THAT, MARINEANGEMON!), Susanoomon (in battle, not an NPC), Knightmon, AeroVeedramon (*faints*), Gryphonmon, Tortomon, and Datamon.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Ah, CADukemon is supposed to be ChaosDukemon. Like I thought.

And yeah for Ophanimon !

Also seems that Susanoomon is a Dragon Digimon.

Santaskid
12-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't know why I didn't figure out that CA Dukemon was Chaos Dukemon, well it might of been because I didn't pay much attention to the Lopmon evo line in Story, but yeah. The color scans make me want to get the games even more when they come out. I bet that one of the differences might be the quests. Like they have two different sets of Onegai Quests, one for Moonlight, and one for SUnburst, that seems like a reasonable difference.

Unknown Neo
12-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I hope the whole lines for the savers are in there. Plus a lot more digimon. It looks fun. The first game we have now is.

Rax-Blackcat
12-16-2006, 02:30 PM
"Perfects could be the sun and the moon"

I just said that a Digimon cant evolve into the Sun or the moon...

-Koumori-
12-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the scans ooh44 ^_^ The color definetly makes it look nicer. I would have thought Susanoomon to be a Holy Digimon instead of Dragon myself. It's nice to see that the main character is the same, though I wonder what sort of continuity it'll have?

"Perfects could be the sun and the moon"

I just said that a Digimon cant evolve into the Sun or the moon...
Why do you say that? Digimon are data, so as far as I see they should be able to take almost any form. Everything in their world is Data, remember? Aside from that, most Digimon don't take on exact copies of whatever they represent - so they could, for example, have staves with a Sun or Moon symbol embedded on the top.

Rika24
12-16-2006, 03:21 PM
thanks for the color scans, they look cute & likable to me now, must have just been the coloring of the 1st. does anyone else see an odd resemblence to flamon in coronamon? (please have flamon & strabimon in these games)

Airdra
12-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the scans. :D Nice to see them in color. Still lovin' Coronamon way more than Lunamon. X3

Santaskid
12-16-2006, 07:54 PM
based on those colored scans it looks like one of the differences might be the Digimon who sends you on the missions. since the image on the gameplay scan of Moonlight shows Chaos Dukemon, and the text says something about him in it. And the one for the Sunburst, shows the same area, but instead of Chaos Dukemon it shows Ophanimon.

So though that doesn't mean that the differnt versions have different advisors, since they could be advisors of two different ranks. SImilar to how the first one had the four Gods of the Digital World and Clavis Angemon as the rank advisors

-Koumori-
12-16-2006, 09:50 PM
does anyone else see an odd resemblence to flamon in coronamon? (please have flamon & strabimon in these games)
I don't quite see a resemblence between Flamon and Coronamon, but I haven't really taken the time to look at the two side by side. Going by my odd assumptions, Flamon and Strabimon should be in the games if Susanoomon is. I know I'm horribly wrong, but hear me out XD Somewhat like Omnimon's requirements (WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon matched at Level 60), Susanoomon's requirements could be AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon matched at that level, or something to that effect. Though what Digimon would fit in between there is beyond me. I don't even know if Flamon and Strabimon can reach those two Mega's by any evolution line.

Deviate
12-16-2006, 10:25 PM
They can
Flamon-Agnimon-KaiserGreymon-AncientGreymon
Strabimon-Wolfmon-Beowulfmon-AncientGarurumon

Rika24
12-17-2006, 10:11 AM
um, i haven't played the 1st ds game yet so i might not know this, but is the main male character a goggle-head? because in the second color scan at the bottom left i see a goggle head.

SharzMy
12-17-2006, 10:24 AM
They can

No,they just can't do it,if they want to make these games as true as the original.
Like,Kaiser Greymon can't be a perfect.Just Ardhamon defeated the ShadowSeraphimon,and Kaiser fought against Cherubimon and the Royal Knights.

Deviate
12-17-2006, 11:28 AM
*Shrugs* Those lines are possible in the card game.

-Koumori-
12-17-2006, 11:53 AM
They can
Works for me. Though I suppose they could replace AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon with KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon.

um, i haven't played the 1st ds game yet so i might not know this, but is the main male character a goggle-head? because in the second color scan at the bottom left i see a goggle head.
The male character doesn't wear goggles in the first one, I'm not sure about the female one. I wonder if we'll be able to pick from a few characters, or if they're just using the original character for convenience at the moment? On the...second scan in the little section below Professor Agumon, look at the screenshot above AeroVeedramon's shot of his stats. The kid walking around has blue hair - kinda looks like one of the other characters from the first one. I can't remember his name X_x But he looked a lot like Ryo.

the comp
12-17-2006, 02:24 PM
are you talking about yuji?

as for the susanoomon line......

koromon--->flamon--->agunimon--->kaisergreymon--->susanoomon
koromon--->flamon--->vritamon--->ardhamon--->ancientgreymon

susuanoomon would have to be obtained by matching a kaisergreymon with a magnagarurumon, whose line would be......

tsunomon--->strabimon--->lobomon--->magnagarurumon--->susanoomon
tsunomon--->strabimon--->garmmon--->beowolfmon--->ancientgarurumon

MugenSeiRyuu
12-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Since Susanoomon is a Dragon Type, I don´t think that he can evolve from the Light Hybrids.

CloneWarrior
12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
are you talking about yuji?

as for the susanoomon line......

koromon--->flamon--->agunimon--->kaisergreymon--->susanoomon
koromon--->flamon--->vritamon--->ardhamon--->ancientgreymon

susuanoomon would have to be obtained by matching a kaisergreymon with a magnagarurumon, whose line would be......

tsunomon--->strabimon--->lobomon--->magnagarurumon--->susanoomon
tsunomon--->strabimon--->garmmon--->beowolfmon--->ancientgarurumon

In a more "Digimon Story-ish" version....

Flamon - Agnimon - Ardhamon - KaiserGreymon
* *'* * * * * * * * * * * * * * '
* *'* * * * * * * * * * * * * * ' - - - - - - AncientGreymon
* *' - - - - Vritramon* **'
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ' - - - - - - Susanoomon (If you've met one before)

Strabimon - Wolfmon - BeoWolfmon - MagnaGarurumon
* * '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * '
* * '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * '
* * '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ' - - - - - - - AncientGarurumon
* * ' - - - - - - Garmmon

Suanoomon (Match a KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon)

Nyaromon - Plotmon - Tailmon - Angewomon - Holydramon
* * * * * * * * * * '* * * * * * * '* * * * * * * * '
* * * * * * * * * * '* * * * * * * '* * * * * * * * '
* * * * * * * * * * '* * * * * * * '* * * * * * * * ' - - - - - - Ophanimon
* * * * * * * * * * '* * * * * * * '
* * * * * * * * * * '* * * * * * * ' - - - LadyDevimon - Lilithmon
* * * * * * * * * * '
* * * * * * * * * * ' - - - - - Fairymon - JetSilphymon - AncientIrismon
* * * * * * * * * * '
* * * * * * * * * * ' - - - - - Shutumon

KoKabuterimon - BladeKuwagamon - MetallifeKuwagamon - TyrantKabuterimon
* * * * '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *'
* * * * '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *'
* * * * '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *' - - - - - - - - - GrandisKuwagamon
* * * * '
* * * * ' - - - - - - - Blitzmon - RhinoKabuterimon - AncientBeetmon
* * * * '
* * * * ' - - - - - - - Bolgmon

Bearmon - Grizzmon - GrapLeomon - Callismon
* * '* * * * * * * *'
* * '* * * * * * * *'
* * '* * * * * * * *' - - - - - Lykamon
* * '
* * ' - - - - Chakmon - DaiPenmon - AncientMegatheriumon
* * '
* * ' - - - - Blizzarmon

Leormon - Leomon - Panjyamon - BanchouLeomon
* *'* * * * * * * * * * * * * * ' - - - - - - Regulumon
* *'
* *' - - - - Liamon - LoaderLeomon - SaberLeomon
* *'
* *' - - - - Lowemon - Reichmon - AncientSphinxmon
* *'
* *' - - - - KaiserLeomon

:o I posted a LOT....

Santaskid
12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Clone Warrior, for some odd reason I could see them putting "Have met a Garmmon" as a requirement for BeoWulfmon for some reason. Samegoes for the other lines with their Fusion Hybrid forms I could see them having "Have met B-Hybrid of said Element) as a requirement for the Fusion hybrids. But yeah good idea on the evolution charts.

Flarg
12-17-2006, 06:55 PM
I really like your Leormon lines, specifically how you grouped the bipedals and the quadpedals together as well as the spirits.

Unknown Neo
12-17-2006, 09:24 PM
I frequently put the two legs and four legs together when I line up leormon as well. But I use grapleomon as the ultimate for leormon and bearmon.
Nice work though.

Rax-Blackcat
12-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Why do you say that?* Digimon are data, so as far as I see they should be able to take almost any form.* Everything in their world is Data, remember?* Aside from that, most Digimon don't take on exact copies of whatever they represent - so they could, for example, have staves with a Sun or Moon symbol embedded on the top.*

Digimon tend to stay as Digimon, while some others digitals beings have been showed, they where just that, less complex digitals beings. Sure a Digimon data can be altered by an attack, a virus or by a hacker, but it does all possible to keep being a digital monster. less complex digitals beings try to be digital monsters, thats why ENIAC data leftovers became Huang Longmon, not the other way around.

SharzMy
12-18-2006, 05:40 AM
*Shrugs* Those lines are possible in the card game.

I know it.But all they are armors.

-------

I like very much the line's from Clone Warrior.Clever.I hope the new games to be just like that! :D

Ichida
12-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Before you accuse them of ripping off Pokemon for the dual version thing, Rockman.EXE did the same thing. Even Nintendogs have multiple versions. <.<;;

Anyways, these look amazing, and if/when these get ported to North America, damned right I'm going to buy them!!

-Koumori-
12-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Clone Warrior: I quite like those lines :) It definetly looks like the format they would use in Digimon Story. I'd be happy if both the Ancients, as well as Kaiser Greymon and Magna Garurumon were present in the game. I suspect at least two of them will be, for Susanoomon to be obtainable.

Digimon tend to stay as Digimon, while some others digitals beings have been showed, they where just that, less complex digitals beings. Sure a Digimon data can be altered by an attack, a virus or by a hacker, but it does all possible to keep being a digital monster. less complex digitals beings try to be digital monsters, thats why ENIAC data leftovers became Huang Longmon, not the other way around.
I'm not saying that they're going to become a large rock or a massive ball of gas in the sky - but we've seen some odd things to begin with. Zeed and Moon=Milleniummon don't really have normal looking bodies. One's trapped in a crystal, and one seems to be held together by it's digital code. Ultimate Chaosmon is another example of a drastic evolution, though I admit it's not like turning into an object of astrology.

CloneWarrior
12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking of lines for Lunamona and Coronamon also....

Lunamon - Crescentmon - Cratermon - Dianamon
' ' '
' ' '
' ' ' - - - - - - Selenamon
' '
' ' - - - - - - - NewMoonmon
'
' - - - - Moonmon - FullMoonmon - QueenLunamon

Coronamon - Thermomon - Solarismon - Apollomon
' ' '
' ' '
' ' ' - - - - - - Heliosmon
' '
' ' - - - - - - LoSolmon
'
' - - - - - - Solmon - Burstmon - KingSolmon

Yeah, kind of random names for the evolutions....

Flarg
12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I thought they sounded good if that means anything to you...

t3hs0urtac0
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
whats the little red guys name? hes soo cuuuute :D

Flarg
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Coronamon, check the first page.

Bikutaa Honno
12-19-2006, 03:03 AM
....So THIS is what everyone's talking about...

...I'm in love with this game already. AeroV-dramon, Ophanimon, Lunamon(who has the potential to evolve to a sexy Ultimate, if possible...)....

It's good to be a Digimon fan.

By the way, CloneWarrior....you totally need to have some sort of official job with Bandai/Namco. Your evo lines rock.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Lunamon(who has the potential to evolve to a sexy Ultimate, if possible...)....

Soul Calibur III anyone ?

By the way, CloneWarrior....you totally need to have some sort of official job with Bandai/Namco. Your evo lines rock.

I second that.

CloneWarrior
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM

I second that.

:o

Thanks!

Edit: I'm also thinking a much bigger V-mon line, considering AeroV-dramon and all....

V-mon - XV-mon - Paildramon - Imperialdramon
* '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *'
* '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *'
* '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *' - - - - - Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
* '
* ' - - - - V-dramon - AeroV-dramon - AlforceV-dramon
* '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *'
* '* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *' - - - - - - - AlforceV-dramon Future Mode
* '
* ' - - - - Fladramon - Lighdramon*
* '
* ' - - - - Magnamon

*Lighdramon was a Perfect in World2....

Edit: Nah, too much like the old one....

How about a different Impmon line?

Impmon - Devimon - NeoDevimon - Beelzebumon
' ' '
' ' '
' ' ' - - - - - - Beelzebumon Blast Mode
' '
' ' - - - - Mephismon - Galfmon
' '
' ' - - - - Vamdemon - VenomVamdemon
' '
' ' - - - - - BelialVamdemon
'
' - - - - Boogeymon - Phelesmon - Murmuxmon

How's that one?

AlforceVeedramon
12-19-2006, 06:06 PM
I really hope that's the Veemon line, Lighdramon being excluded last time was stupid.

-Koumori-
12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I was disappointed that Lighdramon wasn't included, though obvious I guess there wasn't much room - Paildramon, Flamedramon and Magnamon all evolved from Exveemon, and I didn't notice any Digimon having more then three possible evolutions.

Random side note: I hope more of the Olympian Twelve will be included - as far as I remember, Neptunemon was the only member in Digimon Story. I would have thought Mercurimon was a shoo-in, given his role in Savers.

BlackWargreymonFan
12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Lighdramon being left aside again...provided, of course, that it would make room for either an exclusive line that would lead to Imperialdramon-Paladin Mode, or even utilizing some of the other nifty Armor Evolutions of the V-mon series...like Yashamon and/or Sagittarimon, for example...

As for the Olympian Twelve? Well, assuming they get more focus by the end of Savers, or perhaps in a new season of Digimon down the road...maybe they would use this game, among others, as a way to get them out there.

Even so...we've only just recently got a game that gave representation to all of the Demon Lords. We still have the remainder of the Royal Knights to cover, and now we got the Olympians too...makes ya wonder when they'll be able to at least finish one of these two groups before they eventually start another "uber family" group...

MugenSeiRyuu
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
CloneWarrior, could you think of bringing in the other Hybrids ?

And ofcurse I hope for Mermaimon.

Rob_TF
12-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I've done some reading of the scans. It appears the games, while using the same areas, have completely different NPCs and stories. Also, there's something about "Tamer Unions" that I don't quite get.

-Koumori-
12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Lighdramon being left aside again...provided, of course, that it would make room for either an exclusive line that would lead to Imperialdramon-Paladin Mode, or even utilizing some of the other nifty Armor Evolutions of the V-mon series...like Yashamon and/or Sagittarimon, for example...What did you have in mind for that, if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps something that uses GoldVeedramon as a stage would fit nicely, though whether they would count it as an Adult or a Perfect is up in the air. I suppose since it's a Golden Armor form, it would be closer to Perfect, but what would you use to bridge the gap between it and Veemon?

As for the Olympian Twelve? Well, assuming they get more focus by the end of Savers, or perhaps in a new season of Digimon down the road...maybe they would use this game, among others, as a way to get them out there.

Even so...we've only just recently got a game that gave representation to all of the Demon Lords. We still have the remainder of the Royal Knights to cover, and now we got the Olympians too...makes ya wonder when they'll be able to at least finish one of these two groups before they eventually start another "uber family" group...
I suppose it would make more sense to finish the Royal Knights before the Olympian Twelve, though I say that mostly due to the fact that there are fewer slots of the Royal Knights left to fill - and it would be a nice follow-up to the Demon Lords being dealt with. I'm all for them making new Digimon, but I agree that they should finish the 'superior' family groups before they start any new ones.

I've done some reading of the scans. It appears the games, while using the same areas, have completely different NPCs and stories. Also, there's something about "Tamer Unions" that I don't quite get.So Moonlight and Sunburst use the same areas (New ones, or the same from the first Digimon Story?) but no storyline connection? That's an interesting tidbit of information =) Thanks!

BlackWargreymonFan
12-21-2006, 12:04 AM
What did you have in mind for that, if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps something that uses GoldVeedramon as a stage would fit nicely, though whether they would count it as an Adult or a Perfect is up in the air. I suppose since it's a Golden Armor form, it would be closer to Perfect, but what would you use to bridge the gap between it and Veemon?

If I was in charge, it'd be something like this....

Veemon -> MasterVeedramon -> GoldVeedramon -> ImperialDramon-Paladin Mode (Or on the other hand, any iteration of AlforceVeedramon would be dandy, as well, if not arguably more "sound").

The point to this line would just basically focus on, what I consider to be some of Veemon's arguably most powerful evolutions, streamlined in a row. I mean, when you got MasterVee, who's got power that can rival Ultimates(Megas), GoldVeedramon, who's basically in the same club, only perhaps moreso, and then you got a Royal Knight member to top it off. As far as raw power is concerned, I don't think there would be much more that a prospective Vee(dra) fan could ask for, honestly. :)

I guess the only thing I would keep in play for the sake of balance would be that there would be a highly specialized requirements for each increasing stage...you slip up, and your evolution path will stray away from glory. ;D

MugenSeiRyuu
12-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Actually GoldV-dramon would evolve to MasterV-Dramon, since Master is stronger.

I've done some reading of the scans. It appears the games, while using the same areas, have completely different NPCs and stories. ´

Different NPCs and Stories ? Yeah ! That sounds good. So it´s not the same oncept as Pokemon Games !

Angel-kun
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Adult Forms

http://www.et-c.com/takarajima/333/gazou/card/03ce08.jpg

kris
12-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Very cool. Coronamon's adult is pretty amazing. And Lunamon's looks fast.

Any names listed on there, for those who read Japanese?

Santaskid
12-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I didn't see there name on there but damn, I think they are amazing. The text below them says something about March of 07, Nintendo DS, and Original Digimon, but I can't read any of the Kanji so I don't know exactly what it says. I think it is just saying In March 2007 New Original Digimon will be appearing on the DS, which if my estimates are corrects should be about 1 month before the start of S6, since Each season tends to have a 1 year run, ending right around the time it began. Savers Began in April, so it should be ending sometime in March(probably at the end) and the next season, should start up in April as well.

Rika24
12-21-2006, 12:38 PM
oh wow coronamon's adult looks awsome, lunamon's is just ok to me though.

AlforceVeedramon
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
wow, Coronamon's Adult looks badass as hell

SakuyamonX
12-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I love both Adult forms~ Although Coronamon's Adult form reminds me of something @.@; from another anime series, I just can't put my finger on it >> But anyways he looks awesome, much better then his Child Form~

I love Lunamon's Adult Form as well, she is so obviously feminine.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-21-2006, 02:00 PM
I love both Adult forms~ Although Coronamon's Adult form reminds me of something @.@; from another anime series, I just can't put my finger on it >> But anyways he looks awesome, much better then his Child Form~

A winged lion. I`m pretty sure that there is something like that either depicted on Anceint Ruins or mentioned in Mythology.

Yes, I can definately see her turning into a Bunny Woman.

SakuyamonX
12-21-2006, 02:03 PM
A winged lion. I`m pretty sure that there is something like that either depicted on Anceint Ruins or mentioned in Mythology.

No I mean the Digimon reminds me exactly of some Monster from an Anime... I forgot the names xD...

MugenSeiRyuu
12-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Let´s see:

Predaking is more or less, one of Voltron´s components, BlackMoth is a Toho Film.

Rax-Blackcat
12-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Lion= Leomon= One who is going to die

Yeah, he is going to die!, I can’t be happier, since I got a Dreamcast, now I just need to get Sonic Adventure international...

Angel-kun
12-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Maybe from MonCole Knights or

In Magic Knight Rayearth..

SakuyamonX
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm really drawing blanks, forget I mentioned it... It is a common design anyways, so... XDDD

Btw about Lilymon/Lilamon's evolution. They could keep Lilymon evolving into Rosemon, and have Lilamon evolve into Rosemon Burst Mode... Just a thought XD

MugenSeiRyuu
12-21-2006, 03:02 PM
If they keep Burst Mode as a normal Evolution. Otherwise we could squeeze Lotusmon in somehow.

-Koumori-
12-21-2006, 06:31 PM
If I was in charge, it'd be something like this....

Veemon -> MasterVeedramon -> GoldVeedramon -> ImperialDramon-Paladin Mode (Or on the other hand, any iteration of AlforceVeedramon would be dandy, as well, if not arguably more "sound").

The point to this line would just basically focus on, what I consider to be some of Veemon's arguably most powerful evolutions, streamlined in a row. I mean, when you got MasterVee, who's got power that can rival Ultimates(Megas), GoldVeedramon, who's basically in the same club, only perhaps moreso, and then you got a Royal Knight member to top it off. As far as raw power is concerned, I don't think there would be much more that a prospective Vee(dra) fan could ask for, honestly. :)Strangely enough, being a Vee/Veedra fan, I've never actually seen what Master Veedramon looks like. I thought it was a Perfect, but regardless I like the looks of that line. Though it's only a color change and a weapon upgrade, I'd much rather have Paladin Mode around then Fighter Mode. XD It's a shame there's not a Paladin Dragon Mode.

I guess the only thing I would keep in play for the sake of balance would be that there would be a highly specialized requirements for each increasing stage...you slip up, and your evolution path will stray away from glory.* ;D
That would just be plain cruel ;_; I'm horrible at raising the V-Pets (Mostly because they tend to die during the day while I work, and since I don't bring them along they just...waste away. >_>)

A winged lion. I`m pretty sure that there is something like that either depicted on Anceint Ruins or A Manticore is the only thing remotely lion-like that I can think of x.x But I don't think that's what you meant.

Loving their Adult forms - moreso Lunamon's. The detail and...well, hell, the whole design is just great XD I wonder what their names will end up being? Their last two stages are going to look bloody amazing at this rate! A <3 for Rosemon Burst Mode, too.

Rika24
12-21-2006, 07:14 PM

kero's true form from CCS (http://images.google.com/images?as_q=keroberos&hl=en&output=images&svnum=10 &btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=card+captor+saku ra&as_eq=&imgsz=&as_filetype=&imgc=&as_sitesearch= &safe=images) maybe?

CloneWarrior
12-21-2006, 07:26 PM
:o

Those things look amazing!!!

Until the names come out, I'm still calling them Crescentmon and Thermomon....

About the evolution lines:

Yes Mugen, I've written down all kinds of lines that involve the other hybrids, mermaimon AND Lotusmon...

Here are the Lotusmon ones I've thought up...

Tanemon - Palmon - Togemon - Lilymon - Rosemon
'
'
' - - - - - Lalamon - Sunflowmon - Lilamon - Lotusmon
' '
' ' - - - - Rosemon Burst Mode
'
' - - - - - Alraumon - PetriTogemon - Mummymon - Pharaohmon
'
' - - - - - Demon (Must have already met one)

Wormmon - Stingmon - DinoBeemon - GranKuwagamon
' '
' '
' ' - - - - JewelBeemon
'
' - - - - - Coatlmon - Santiramon - Minervamon
'
' - - - - - - BioLotusmon

I don't want to clutter up the topic, so I'll make another topic for the other evoltuions lines I made...

AlforceVeedramon
12-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I think it would be great if JewelBeemon evolved into GrandisKuwagamon in that line. You really have a nack for thinking up these things.

Unknown Neo
12-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I agree with that. And if you make another topic could you make one for commandramon and kokabuterimon?

BlackWargreymonFan
12-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Hmm...I like the looks of them adults...even though Coronamon's looks like a bit of a Manticore design that I remember from a Castlevania game I played recently. ;D

Even so, I'm still personally hoping that he'll eventually evolve into a bi-pedal anthro Lion/Manticore sooner or later. For all the flak that Leomon recieves in the anime usually (BREAK THE TREND, BANCHOLEOMON!), having a Leomon-esque character not only look bad-ass, but also recieve central attention, would be great to me.

the comp
12-22-2006, 10:50 PM
i got an idea for a duskmon line.

keramon - kurisarimon - infermon - diaboromon
' '
' '
' ' - - - - - - armegeddemon
'
'
' - - - - duskmon - velgemon - ornismon

also, judging by his look, i think coronamon's champion will be able to become mahiramon. i mean, just compare the two.

Matsuo_Makoto
12-23-2006, 11:13 AM
also, judging by his look, i think coronamon's champion will be able to become mahiramon. i mean, just compare the two.
not likely, they are completely different colors and elements, and why would they have wings on him one minute, and not the next? lol i think that if the devas are gonna be in the game, that you will have to fight them as a mission or something and then you get their scan data....but for some reason i dont think they will be in the game, was it confirmed or something?

CloneWarrior
12-23-2006, 02:54 PM
not likely, they are completely different colors and elements, and why would they have wings on him one minute, and not the next? lol i think that if the devas are gonna be in the game, that you will have to fight them as a mission or something and then you get their scan data....but for some reason i dont think they will be in the game, was it confirmed or something?

??? Mihiramon does have wings....

Devkyu
12-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Coronamon's adult ermnds me of two things... one is a toy I had that was a yellow winged lion... I loved that toy so much. Another is the guardian of the Island of Misfit Toys in the Rudolph movie.

MugenSeiRyuu
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Official Site is up !

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_digimon02/

Matsuo_Makoto
12-28-2006, 01:49 PM

??? Mihiramon does have wings....
*re-checks* oh, yea sorry, your right, but i still doubt it. their basic structures are pretty different. its possible though.

Vande
12-29-2006, 12:32 AM
more stuff n scans in my V-Jump topic:
http://wtw-x.net/index.php?topic=1785.0

Riselover
12-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Do you think that they are going to have all the burst mode evolutions in these games?
coz i would love to be able to get shinegreymon burst mode or even shinegreymon dark burst mode if they put him in the game which they probably wont :(

Vande
12-30-2006, 03:21 AM
would i be right in thinking that 1st March 07 is the release date (as per my #1 scan from my V-Jump topic)

Ampharos
01-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Coronamon's champion reminds me of Entei (yes, Pokemon), and Lunamon's reminds me of Medicham (more Pokemon).

MugenSeiRyuu
01-02-2007, 07:37 AM
I´m pretty sure that the Design is not a rip-off of Hentai Entei.

Espcially not with a creature like this around:
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/black_moth.htm

veemon-tamer
01-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I´m pretty sure that the Design is not a rip-off of Hentai Entei.

Espcially not with a creature like this around:
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/black_moth.htm

Thank you MugenSeiRyuu. I'm SO tired of people comparing Digimon to pokemon. Anyways, What I personally want them to work on is the battling system, I don't like the whole 1st person thing. I wish i could actually see my digimon while attacking. But if they don't do anything with it i'll still enjoy this title! I also hope they include lighdramon this time too. He's my all time Favorite. ^_^

Keikio Yuramushi
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Who's Lighdramon?

MugenSeiRyuu
01-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Known as Raidramon in the Dub.

SakuyamonX
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/12/16/104,1166246102,64609,0,0.html

New Screenshots, no new information.

Rika24
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
it looks like you can choose from more than two people, (different hair colors in the characters of those screenshots)

Airdra
01-09-2007, 04:29 PM
The Digivice screens definitely seem to be different between the versions...spiffy.

SharzMy
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Cocomon and Gummymon indicates that maybe they will do the digivolutions lines of the original game longer..cool!I can't wait for it.. :-\

SakuyamonX
01-19-2007, 09:15 PM
V-Jump Digimon Story Information:
Sunmon -> Coronamon -> Firamon -> Flaremon
Moonmon -> Lunamon -> Rekisumon -> Crescemon

It says the farm is also an island, and you can choose the BGM that plays, which effects Digimon growth. Jogress is also back.

http://www.thedigiport.com/cutenews/data/upimages/vj073_dsstory2a.jpg
http://www.thedigiport.com/cutenews/data/upimages/vj073_dsstory2b.jpg
http://www.thedigiport.com/cutenews/data/upimages/vj073_dsstory2c.jpg

Thanks to Evan from HKDMC~!

BlackWargreymonFan
01-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Jogress, armor evolution...at this point, the only thing that I think would be necessary to adequately complete the set would be something akin to Blast Evolving... ;D

I also like Coronamon's Perfect stage. While definitely sharing some characteristics with Leomon, he's still able to branch off enough to make for his own distinctive look, which I appreciate.

Santaskid
01-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Flaremon kinda reminds me of I think its, AndroSphinx. But yeah I like the concept of Jogress being in the game. I also like all of Lunamon's forms more than I do Coronamon's though I'm definately getting both versions just so I can have the cool looking LUnamon line, and name Firamon either Fira or Firaga just because I can.

Though I'm wondering about Rekisumon, where does that name come from. All the others are rather obvious. I mean Sunmon and Moonmon are no brainers, Coronamon's name comes from the word Corona, which i believe is the ring around the sun, and Lunamon's name comes from, I believe the Spanish word for Moon. Firamon's name might be a reference to the Level 2 fire spell from the FF series, and Flaremon's name probably comes from solarflares, and Crescemon's name comes from Crescent, as in a Crescent moon. But what about Rekisumon?

MugenSeiRyuu
01-20-2007, 03:45 AM
I dobn´t think that the name comes from Final Fantasy. I guess there is another Origin. FF in General also borrows it´s name somewhere else.

As for the Anthro Sphinx Comparism: That´s basically what you get when you make Firamon two-legged.

I guess that also means that Lunamon is definately female, unless its another case of Manboobs.

AlforceVeedramon
01-20-2007, 08:32 AM
if you Jogress to get Paildramon or DinoBeemon (as the scan seems to show), then maybe XVeemon and Stingmon will have their true Perfects? Also, I hope this means Veemon is obtainable ingame this time around.

Stryke107
01-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Hm... It would seem there's a bit more character customization in this one... Awesome. This new game... It makes me wonder if it'll be able to connect somehow to to Story 1? So, a trading/matching/fighting connection? That would be nice, considering no one in my town plays this game, and no one I know, anywho... So being able to match NOT over WiFi will be nice...

Airdra
01-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping it'll connect with the original because I can't seem to find anyone with the original Japanese Story who can breed with me. :P

Flaremon's slightly disappointing because he looks pretty much like Firamon standing on two legs, but I'm still loving the heck out of Coronamon's line. ^^;; I'm also liking where Lunamon's is going. Can't wait to see their Ultimates.

-Koumori-
01-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh how cruel ;_; "This Page cannot be displayed" is all my computer can muster up for these scans.* It all sounds so good to me, though.* Jogress evolution will be interesting, though I hope the stat gains for combining two Digimon are noticeably bigger then just a normal upgrade via evolution.*

Edit: Nevermind, they work now. Thanks for the scans, SakuyamonX! I can't say that I don't like either line, really. They both have designs that catch my attention. I'd like to see a full image of Flaremon though, so we can see more differences between him and his Adult stage aside from one walking on all fours and the other being bipedal.

SakuyamonX
01-20-2007, 10:56 AM
rekisuu
(n) calendar making; number of years; one's fate; the year

Again the calendar, time, is sort of associated with the moon.

Santaskid
01-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks, SakuyamonX, I figured that Rekisu had something to do with the moon but I had no clue what.

MugenSeiRyuu, I was kinda joking about Firamon's name coming from the Final Fantasy Series, though that is what it reminded me of. But it could very well come from the word Fire, but they probably figured Faia(fire)mon didn't sound right so they changed it to Fira. And yeah FF probably got Fira from somewhere else, though I have no clue where, most games get stuff from other places anyways.

SakuyamonX
01-20-2007, 12:27 PM
IIRC, the romanized form is Fairamon. So, I'm not sure if Firamon is 100% correct.

Fireamon???

Benschachar
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
The new digimon story games look great but does anyone know if it can trade and match digimon from Digimon Story like how you were able to trade Pokemon from entirely different sets of games.

Santaskid
01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Well ai usually makes a long I, or I believe thats what its called when vowels sound like their names, English is my worst class. So then it would be Fira, since I do believe it is pronounce f eye rah so it does seem like Fira would be the proper romanization. So yeah anyways its a cool name and all of the forms are cool looking, so I'm still going to wind up getting both, but I'll probably get Moonlight first just because I like the looks of Lunamon's forms better.

Unknown Neo
01-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Those do look pretty cool. Hopefully we can have more farms or bigger farms.

Santaskid
01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
The new digimon story games look great but does anyone know if it can trade and match digimon from Digimon Story like how you were able to trade Pokemon from entirely different sets of games.

That would be nice, but it seems unlikely. Pokemon did that because of their motto, Gotta catch em all, well you can't catch em all if all aren't available. Digimon seems to be more about raising a much fewer amount of creatures, since the first game only allowed you to have like 40 digimon at a time, I can't remember the exact number. Maybe you'll be able to trade a select few, like possibly Koro, Tane, and Tsuno, maybe Wormmon and Veemon as well. The reason I say this is because there seems to be a good deal of new features added to DS2 that weren't present in Digimon Story. such as Jogress, so we can't count on different evolution lines between the first game and the new ones for most jogress digimon, such as Wormmon, Veemon Agumon(not being able to evolve into Omnimon, jogress required), and their also seems to be a different set of armor digimon this time around as well. It would be nice but I find it unlikely.

Not a Diginoob
01-22-2007, 12:00 PM

That would be nice, but it seems unlikely. Pokemon did that because of their motto, Gotta catch em all,.

Sorry but I had to say this.

I am pretty sure that "Gotta catch'em all" isn't the japanese pokemon catch phrase.

MugenSeiRyuu
01-22-2007, 12:12 PM
But I´m pretty sure it´s something like that.
Check....It´s
"Let's Get Pokémon!"

Not a Diginoob
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't even think they have a catch phrase.

but I hope the site for the game is better then the last one.
Maybe a farm with more interactivity.
or a few profiles.

Vande
01-25-2007, 05:25 AM
YesAsia have pre-orders in cause this hasn't been posted before- and since i could get busted at any minat work i don't have time to check the topic!

http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1004615442/ - Sun Burst
http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1004615443/ - Moonlight

SakuyamonX
01-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Digimon Story News

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/407195/607979/1795337/

Rakuten now has a page for the Digimon Story Sequels. Screenshots are old, but lots of new information (please ignore my little commentary, I couldn't resist).

*Story: Both games will have key differences in story, in different points of view. In the Digital World, humans and Digimon coexist, thanks to the Tamer Union. The protagonist in Sunburst belongs to the organization called Light Fang. While in Moonlight, the hero belongs to the hostile organization called Night Crow who opposes Light Fang. Suddenly an accident occurs in the world. The heroes must solve the mystery of the accident, from two points of view. Who really knows the truth? Their grand story, and adventurous battle begins now!

*The game system gets a "power up" (note: these are not my words xD). More Digimon can be collected through linking up the two games. The two games not only differ in story, but also the rarity of certain Digimon differs in both games (Gasp!! Aren't we original?). With both games, you can collect certain Digimon much more easier, and faster. The popular Battle System, and Rearing System from the first game, has been brought back, and are now "power upped" as well.

*Now with Wi-Fi you can battle "rival tamers"!!!
As well as wireless battles from the last game, you can now enjoy battling "rival tamers" far away. As well as of course Digimon Matching, from last game. Hybridize Digimon, and create stronger ones!!!

-End-

While the whole, Different Digimon in different versions, isn't original. They pull it off much better then some games, because at least you can still get all the Digimon, only just being a bit harder without both versions.

Wi-Fi Battles = Yay.

MugenSeiRyuu
01-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Only differences in Digimon is the rarity of some Digimon ? I guess Moon related ( for example Canine Digimon ) are more common in Moonlight, while Suburst has more common Fire Breathers.

Anyways, having two different perspectives of the Stroy definatley makes it interesting.

SakuyamonX
01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Fixed a mistake, in my translation. I misread it that, the hero in Moonlight was in both teams. ._.;

MugenSeiRyuu
01-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I thought so. Why should one of the Heroes be a Double Agent ?

So Bandai is pulling of Rashomon !

Airdra
01-25-2007, 02:07 PM
You know, the dual storylines might make me buy the both of them if they're released in English. D: As it stands now, I'm definitely buying just Sunburst...for the moment. >_>;; *wallet screams and runs away*

AlforceVeedramon
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I was already going to buy both versions, but coexisting stories makes it more worth it

SeiferA
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Online... battles?

And thus, the idea Ive had for the LONGEST time begins...

Unknown Neo
01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Really? This could be fun. WtW Tournaments! ha ha ha.

BlackWargreymonFan
01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Heh, not bad. And as was already mentioned, I like how I can STILL get all the Digimon in one version of the game, instead of needing to get the other version too in order to do so. As far as I'm concerned, at the moment, I'm for only the "Sunburst" side of the equation. If I'm really that interested in knowing the details in the other game, I'm sure I'll find it out through a FAQ or some one blurting various spoilers on some website. ;D

I guess the only thing I could really ask for would the triumphant comeback of Gaioumon, after a number of years since his last appearance in Pendulum X 1.5. In spite of myself, I would gladly take him for a spell, as opposed to BWG just being a viral, color-swap of the default, orange model.

Vande
01-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Online... battles?And thus, the idea Ive had for the LONGEST time begins...

*vande goes into hiding now*

I didn't like the Japanese game of the original, i wonder if we're gonna get a promo card with this.....

Rika24
01-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Light Fang and Night Crow... sounds cool. in a way this is like DW2 with the different teams, except this time one is bad. i for one will get Sunburst. I'll most likely end up getting both though XD. so it says you can hybridize your digimon, does this mean the actual hybrids like wolfmon and Agnimon? *crosses fingers for Flamon and Strabimon*

SakuyamonX
01-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Online... battles?

XDDDD
I think they'd be crucified if they didn't do that (especially when they used Wi-Fi for Matching >>; ).

so it says you can hybridize your digimon, does this mean the actual hybrids like wolfmon and Agnimon? *crosses fingers for Flamon and Strabimon*

No, by hybridize, I didn't mean Hybrid Digimon.

CloneWarrior
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Online... battles?

XDDDD
I think they'd be crucified if they didn't do that (especially when they used Wi-Fi for Matching >>; ).

so it says you can hybridize your digimon, does this mean the actual hybrids like wolfmon and Agnimon? *crosses fingers for Flamon and Strabimon*

No, by hybridize, I didn't mean Hybrid Digimon.

Hybridize? As in Breed Combination Digimon?

FET-Kun
01-26-2007, 06:13 PM
They were smart to include wi-fi battles for the new games. I would have been very tweaked otherwise.... @_@ So come next month, we'll all be battling each other. W00t!

Not sure what version to get. Lunamon looks a bit odd, but her evolutions are pretty slick I think. Coronamon is good overall, but seems plain. Just not really original. But speaking of versions...was it really necessary to make two versions? All the Poke-tards will shout, "z0mg COPYING!!". At least they didn't name them versions Red and Purple. =P

SakuyamonX
01-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Does it matter anyways? XDD

They always yell that.

*Can't wait to pwn everbody with her future team of Crescemon, Sakuyamon, Rosemon (Hopefully Burst Mode), and Ophanimon).

MugenSeiRyuu
01-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Does it matter anyways? XDD

They always yell that.

TRUE ! They alreaydid that with the first Digimon Story., the Anime Series, all the Digimon World Games.....

With opinions like "Angelwoman and Myodismon ( that´s how it was exactly written ) are Rip-Offs of Mew and Mewtwo ( WTF? ) and some of those thinking that Godzilla is a Rip-Off of Pokemon, it´s not that surprising.

*Can't wait to pwn everbody with her future team of Crescemon, Sakuyamon, Rosemon (Hopefully Burst Mode), and Ophanimon).

I want so see that.

Rika24
01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
With opinions like "Angelwoman and Myodismon ( that´s how it was exactly written ) are Rip-Offs of Mew and Mewtwo ( WTF? ) and some of those thinking that Godzilla is a Rip-Off of Pokemon, it´s not that surprising.

where do they get that?!

Santaskid
01-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Ok, some people think that Godzilla is a rip-off of Pokemon, what the hell are they on? Seriously last time I checked Godzilla came way before Pokemon and Digimon. I do believe something has to come after to be a rip-off. That is just messed up. But Digimon has always been called a Pokemon rip off by Pokemon fans, even though the concept of digimon started with V-pets which I believe came out before anything pokemon related.

AlforceVeedramon
01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
As a Pokemon fan, I can still say that those that call Digimon a Poke-rip off really piss me off to no end.

MugenSeiRyuu
01-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Good to know that.

See, it doesn´t matter that the next Digimon Story has two Versions anyways.

Unknown Neo
01-27-2007, 05:11 PM
You know the godzillia rips off pokemon is a new one. I also know someone who might rip something off you if you said that near him. But that's a new one. Stupid as the whole argument in the first place. And no one ripped anything off from anyone. At least not these two.

Master-Element
01-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Thats dumb godzilla first came onto the scene in the 1950's , and last time I checked every one was doing to versions of a game espealy on the hand helds. Megaman EXE series, Medabots, Beyblade, Dragon warrior monster, Which Digimon ds reminds me of constenly which is a good thing, and many more.

MugenSeiRyuu
01-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Exactly !

You know the godzillia rips off pokemon is a new one. I also know someone who might rip something off you if you said that near him.

My Brother would do that, My Roomies aswell. And perhaps most Members of the TKT Forum where my Brother usually goes.

RewolfJ
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
You know there was a popular (in Japan where it saw its only release) monster fighting/collecting game for GameBoy that predates Pokémon? It used a barcode-scanning peripheral. I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power a long time ago (before Pokémon would have been released).

Rika24
01-27-2007, 08:56 PM
actually there is someone on deviantart that says that kyuubimon & the nine-tailed fox from naruto copied off of Ninetails

(the fanart had just the nine-tailed fox from naruto & kyuubimon in it)
(here was their comment)

You forgot the one they BOTH copied of of. Ninetails form Pokemon! But besides that it's really good. Will you comment on my art?

when corrected they posted:

Yeah. Pokemon got it from the ledgend and bouth Naruto and Digimon got it from Pokemon.

i posted:

hate to burst your bubble, but no one copied pokemon. now with that out of the way, i love the art ^_^

they posted:

Yeah they did copy! And arigatou

i'm really pissed at that person right now.

Santaskid
01-27-2007, 09:06 PM
thats because they don't think three different people can get similar ideas from the same myth. Pokemon showed up over in the states first, there for it had to of been the original in most of their messed up uninformed minds.

They all got their nine-tailled fox from myths and legends. Now if Kyuubimon and the one from Naruto, along with Ninetails all looked the same, with maybe slight coloring differences then that would be copying, but no, they all turned out uniquely different. However there are some who just can't handle the idea that two or more people can come up with similar ideas when given the same source. If several peopleread a general description of something and then go draw it I think it would be safe to say that most of the images would be similar, yet different.

jpwong
01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
:o Ok, more on topic and less off topic please. If you want to have a whole debate on "X ripped off Y with product Z" please make a seperate thread.

That being said, I think making 2 games that have content exclusive to each cartridge is a bad idea. I'd much prefer 2 games where you can get all the same things, but the game plays out in 2 seperate storylines where some of your digimon would get slightly different traits and attacks than the same digimon from the other version

MugenSeiRyuu
01-28-2007, 12:22 PM
According to SakuyamonX´s Translation, it should be possible to get all the Digimon in one Game. Just the Rarity Differs.

AlforceVeedramon
01-28-2007, 12:34 PM
as long as Veemon's obtainable without matching

Master-Element
01-28-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm still getting both a I ways get both version os games then a I have more control over breeding and max it and I can trade, Plus I want to play both story lines. but I would of thought that atleast Coranamon and Lunamon would be eclusive to their respective versions. I dought you can find all the digimon one one versions but maybe match for the ones that arent in your version

MugenSeiRyuu
01-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, we don´t actually know if not some are Exclusive. I guess Lunamon and Coronamon are.

BlackWargreymonFan
01-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Lunamon and Coronamon I can understand. When you place the money down for one version, you're basically saying "Yo! I REALLY want that Digimon over the other! But everything else should be in the bag, practically". Letting one Digimon (that's more or less related to what each game represents) be exclusive wouldn't hurt but so much, I would think.

But going the for the full monte, like Pokemon, is just...not ideal, in my opinion. Making some Digimon easier to get in one version or another is fine, but don't let Digimon "devolve" itself, and pick up some of what I think are the Pokemon game's greatest vices...

Besides, it's not like other "monster raising games" haven't done similar things (where you can technically still earn everything, and not split it over the course of 2/3 games). Any body who played the Shin Megami Tensei spin-off: Devil Children (or Demikids in the US) games for the GBC and GBA probably knows what I'm speaking of. I think "Robopon" did something similar too...

the comp
01-30-2007, 07:24 PM
if i can, i'll probably move my risegreymon and guwappamon to my sunburst if they can digivolve further in it.

Master-Element
01-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Have they said if you can move digimon from the first to the new ones cause if they redo the evolines of digimon from the old game
or revoe digimon from a line in the old game you wont be able and they better cause some of those old one sucked

Santaskid
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
no there has been no word on whether or not you can trade between the first and second game. However I have a feeling that it won't happen, just a feeling though.

jpwong
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
It does seem unlikely since you can actually max your stats unlike in pokemon games (I think). I mean, can you imagine playing the game using a lvl 99 terriermon or something with 999 in all stats and 9999 hp and mp? That would make the gameplay a joke. You'd crush anything you came upon.

MugenSeiRyuu
01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Definately. There would be no Challenge. Perhaps there will be an Option AFTER you beat the Game.

Santaskid
01-31-2007, 02:38 AM
yeah if they do include trading between the original and the new games then it will probably either be after you beat the game, or only if they meet certain criteria. Maybe, under X level, and no higher than Adult. But since there might be tamer ranks in the game, as your rank increases and you meet more criteria the restrictions will change.

Unknown Neo
01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
I hope to be able to trade some digimon to this one. I want some of them to evolve.

FET-Kun
02-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Box art for the games are up at YesAsia.

Links:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/ImageGallery.aspx/section-games/code-j/version-all/pid-1004615442/#selection - Sunburst

http://us.yesasia.com/en/ImageGallery.aspx/section-games/code-j/version-all/pid-1004615443/#selection - Moonlight

Both look good, IMO. I think I'm going to go with Moonlight though.

Master-Element
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
They look good they did a good on the BA if that was on the shelf it would draw my atention, especailly with those colors. But Im still not getting them till they come out in english cause I really want to read the story line as I play and I would just buy them in english anway if I did get them in japenese first like I did with the first game.

FET-Kun
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
As nice as it is to have everything in english, I'd rather have the game in Japanese. Simply because there will be more people to play against online then the english version will ever have. Not to mention the Japanese are crazy hardcore gamers, and no doubt will be much more challenging to fight against then any of the kiddies that'll get it here in north america (well, aside from all of us).

Plus, I'm just not interested in waiting longer to play this. Of course I'll get the english version too, but I doubt it'll ever be my primary version of play.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Seems like I was right.

Moonlight has Moon-related and Darkness Digimon, while Sunburst has Sun-related and Holy Digimon.

What does that mke Renamon ? She is Holy but also Moon-related.

Airdra
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
*looks at box art* Well, that seals the deal. I'm so getting Sunburst. X3

And I'll probably wind up buying both when/if they come out in the US. I'm weak. XD

gerjomarty
02-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Aww, I wanted to get Moonlight for Lunamon, but now I'm more interested in Sunburst with it's selection of digimon on the cover.

It looks so warm and inviting, too!

Rika24
02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
i'm getting sunburst all right, awsome coverart. i am soooo hoping the english version doesn't change the cover art. could anyone getting these please scan the covers?

rianmon
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Pics without the water mark:
http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/wavedoor/img10114004691.jpeg

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/wavedoor/img10114004681.jpeg

AlforceVeedramon
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
judging by the box art, Sunburst may have Veemon in it! I knew it'd cater more to the Dragon/Fire Digimon

Santaskid
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I like both box arts, luckily I plan on getting both, maybe not at the same time, probably one when its released and the other in April. But I'm still leaning towards Moonlight just because of Lunamon's coolness even though I prefer the looks of the Sunburst box art.

AncientWisemon
02-02-2007, 07:14 PM
anyone start compiling a list of new digimon / evo stages yet?

reddmann
02-02-2007, 07:40 PM
wow... Those box arts look really impressive... It kindof disapoints me to see Gaomon on the cover of moonlight and not Gabumon... *shrug* they're still awesome 8)

Master-Element
02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
anyone start compiling a list of new digimon / evo stages yet?

Dude they havent released it yet so we only know the ones we have seen in a couple screenshots

shermpmc
02-03-2007, 08:07 AM
All I can hope for is that Veemon -> Veedramon -> AeroVeedramon -> UlforceVeedramon is in Sunburst. If it is, I'm snatching it ASAP. =O

AlforceVeedramon
02-03-2007, 08:28 AM
you'll be happy to know that AeroVeedramon is in, and if he's in, then the regular Veedramon must be in, and they'd be crazy to exclude Alforce with those two in.

shermpmc
02-03-2007, 09:02 AM
you'll be happy to know that AeroVeedramon is in, and if he's in, then the regular Veedramon must be in, and they'd be crazy to exclude Alforce with those two in.

I've seen the AeroV screen, I'm just hoping they throw them all into the same line. I'm not very trusting of the Story games right now (Impmon and Beelzebumon plz.)

MugenSeiRyuu
02-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, in case of Impmon, we have a Child and an Ultimate, nothing between. But the V-dramon-line should be as one. They are also connected by name.

Hard to tell which one I´ll get. Perhaps both. I´m really interested in the Rashomon-Style Story.

shermpmc
02-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Well, in case of Impmon, we have a Child and an Ultimate, nothing between. But the V-dramon-line should be as one. They are also connected by name.

I meant in Digimon Story, they completely separated them evolution wise. I thought it was weird. You have a good point about the Veedramon line though.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I know about Impmon and Beelzebumon being totally different lines. But like I said V-Dramon line is connected like the Greymon-line or Kabuterimon-line.

-Koumori-
02-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm loving the boxart for both, but I'll probably get Sunburst first. It has my Veemon on it ^__^ I don't doubt that I'll get both, because I want to know both sides of the story and...well, I just want to have plenty of games for my DS to raise Digimon in XD I've been wondering for a while now. Does anyone think that they'll update the images for some of the Digimon in the game? I wasn't too fond of Dukemon's pose - it made him look short and kind of akward. Having him standing tall like he is in the second Savers opening would be great, though I somehow doubt much will change.

RewolfJ
02-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I'll wait for the American version of Moonlight and pick it up right away. I'll buy Sunburst after the price goes down. This is the first time buying two simulataneously-released versions of a game has seemed reasonable to me, but I feel like once I've played through one version, the other will feel more like an expansion pack.

CloneWarrior
02-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Does anyone think that they'll update the images for some of the Digimon in the game? I wasn't too fond of Dukemon's pose - it made him look short and kind of akward. Having him standing tall like he is in the second Savers opening would be great, though I somehow doubt much will change.
[/quote]

Well, V-jump shows ChaosDukemon in the same pose, so I doubt the normal one would be different....

shermpmc
02-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm assuming the American versions will be "Digimon World Sunburst and Moonlight". =P

Cuz in America, Digimon HAVE to be in a World. Not a Story. tehe.

Unknown Neo
02-04-2007, 01:26 PM
I don't know which I'd get. But one thing is weird. Why is mushroommon on the cover. He/they never did anything. Dracmon's cool so that's ok but you think if they left out mushroomon they could put gabumon in there somewhere.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Or Renamon. She wasn´t on the last Cover, but she is definately Moon-Related.

BlackWargreymonFan
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Not bad cover-art, even though I was initially hoping that they would fit more on each box. ;)

Irregardless, I'm looking forward to getting at least SunBurst, and trusting that one report of the game (which spoke about how you don't HAVE to trade to get all Digis) is true. Only Gaomon and Gabumon would be the only ones I could foresee really weeping over if they remained Moonlight exclusives...

gerjomarty
02-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Any bets for the English-language version having different box art, most likely worse?

Rika24
02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
something tells me they'll just use the common images like they did with digimon world ds. which is why i hope to find HQ scans of the covers so i can make new ones ;D

Grave
02-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I am so definently going to try and get this game....

MugenSeiRyuu
02-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Official Site has Updated !

Grave
02-06-2007, 08:04 AM

Oh~~ Spiffy. Darn I wish I could find artwork from this game >_<

Not a Diginoob
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM

It looks like Agumon is trying to eat Hawkmon in the picture.

FET-Kun
02-06-2007, 03:11 PM
OK, I just pre-ordered Moonlight. Can't wait to go online with it! O_O

The website is cool, but the music on the main page had a part to it that sounded like a Pokemon background music. >_< I WISH the games had music from the series, or some more techno-ish stuff. Anyway, I hope someone is going to get a guide up online pronto when the games are released. More help the better with a Japanese game.

Oh, does anyone know if there is a list of all the known features the game is going to have? All the info is scattered around in this thread and other places.

I was brainstorming ideas on what Digimon I'd like to establish as my main team.

.::Potential Team::.
Lunamon
Terriermon
Agumon
Lopmon
Renamon
Gaomon

Definitely going to have Terriermon, Lunamon and Agumon. I might use Lopmon, but it depends on his line in the game, (was weird in the last game). Depending on the armor Digimon in the game, I might get Lighdramon and Holsmon, but I can see them being on the weak side and bringing the team down. Need to see a list of all the new Digimon. @_@

Rika24
02-06-2007, 06:25 PM
i turned that banner from the site into a wallpaper:

http://rika24.zoto.com/img/18/16029e116a3c75839e9c50cd59f564e9-.jpg

1024x768 (http://rika24.zoto.com/img/original/16029e116a3c75839e9c50cd59f564e9-.jpg) | 800x600 (http://rika24.zoto.com/img/original/9da47c64359c97ba7347ba227d166045-.jpg)

AncientWisemon
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Anyone with a translation for the game or story pages?

Adrixp
02-08-2007, 10:47 AM
The Digimon in the LightFang Symbol is Seraphimon? And in the NightClaw Symbol is LoaderLeomon? I hope that in these games is Leormon.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I think it´s more supposed to be some evil Digimon.

MHmm, So Lightfang has a Lion Digimon and a Seraphimon connection. Following Digimon Anime Tradition that would mean that they´ll get owned.

Clogon
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow the island they are on is Huge!

Vande
02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Is there a promo card for any of em? (really doens't want to go thru 16 pages of ramblings)

Airdra
02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
So far, it seems as though the only promo item is a DS case.

And I just preordered Sunburst. :D *is happy*

Stryke107
02-08-2007, 06:54 PM
So, where can you preorder? I NEED TO KNOW!

jpwong
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Preorders are available at a number of sites.

NCSX (Old site only)
http://mgrsti3030s.seamlesstech.biz/templates/frmTemplateS.asp?CatalogID=12938&SearchYN=N&subFol derID=199
http://mgrsti3030s.seamlesstech.biz/templates/frmTemplateS.asp?CatalogID=12937&SearchYN=N&subFol derID=199

Play-Asia
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-digimon%2Bstory-70-1t4a.html
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-77-1-49-en-15-digimon%2Bstory-70-1t49.html

YesAsia
http://us.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1004615443/
http://us.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1004615442/

NCSX is a US (NY) based company. Only problem is, their new site doesn't do pre-orders due to the way the billing works (they charge you the moment you order), so you can only pre-order via the older site which has a different billing system that doesn't charge when you order. Because they're based in the US, in country shipping will likely be considerably faster and cheaper.

YesAsia has free shipping on the game since it's over their free shipping cost. On the other hand, I've NEVER had anything from them ship on time, even when they claim to have it in stock and ready to ship. Some "In stock" items even turned out to be unavailable ever.

Play-Asia doesn't do any sort of free shipping, but I've heard them to be fairly reliable on actually getting your shit mailled on time if they have it in stock.

Dunno who if any of these retailers will ship the game with the preorder bonus, seems some people have had mixed results with all of them.

Airdra
02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I made my preorder from Play-Asia. I had a coupon. :D (And they had some Wonderswan games I'd been wanting marked down on clearance, yay.) This is my first preorder from them, but I've been satisfied with them in the past and haven't heard anything too negative.

I've used YesAsia a bunch for other stuff, and I've actually had things ship in a fairly timely manner--but there were other times where it took everything a month or so to ship. >_<;; It varies. And if whatever you ordered turns out to be out of stock, they'll give you store credit instead of a straight refund. I use them for CDs and the occasional Tamagotchi, but I didn't want to wait a month for Sunburst.

I wouldn't hold my breath for NCSX either. I tried to order the first Digimon Story from them not more than a couple of days after it came out and it turned out to be out of stock. They did not tell me this until two or three weeks later. I was not happy. XP The other time I used them was for stuff that had been out for a while, and it went fine.

jpwong
02-08-2007, 09:04 PM
If you preorder on NCSX I think they're fairly reliable because they'll make sure to order enough stock to fill their preorders where possible.

It's when you're trying to get something from them after the release that you may encounter some difficulties (if it says ships same day if ordered before 5pm, they have it in stock, if it says ships within 1-7 days it means it's on backorder)

FET-Kun
02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I had a bad experience with NCSX when ordering Digimon Story as well. I ordered right after the release and they said they had stock, but oops...they didn't. So I ended up waiting a while. I still like them, but they should of updated sooner. Despite this, I think I'll switch my order to them since they are in NY where I am, and I'm sure I could receive the game sooner that way.

Airdra
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
It would be different if they'd just gone out and said "backordered" instead of "ships in 4-5 days." That's two completely different things. XP I'd still use them for older stuff they say they have in stock; I'm just kind of wary of their stock levels on newer stuff. (And I was in a really bad mood yesterday, so I may have been a little harsher than I intended. ^^;; )

MugenSeiRyuu
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Hehe, just realized something about the Night Crow Symbol:

It resembles the Symbol of Yellow in Hurricanger.

SeiferA
02-14-2007, 05:51 PM
I've only had problems with NCSX about once or twice, so I pretty much stick towards my "NCSX is king of importing if you want it fast" beliefs.

btw, since Ive noticed some people haven't noticed; The official site states that the game is going to come out on March 29th. In other words, it got pushed back.

Airdra
02-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, that stinks. D: I've got some other stuff tacked onto my preorder, and it's not going to ship until Story gets out. T_T (Though that was pretty much my fault; I could've made two separate orders.)

BlackWargreymonFan
02-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Eh, in hindsight, the push makes sense. They're trying to lump it in with the "Golden Week" release crowd even moreso than before.

Not a bad marketing strategy, I suppose. I mean, if you reallly want people to be able to play your games, you'll try and release 'em at opportune times, so that they can buy and play 'em. And Golden Week (Japan's nationwide "Spring Break", basically), is certainly an example of these prime times...

Santaskid
02-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Oh well, though it kinda stinks that the game won't be released till the end of March aparently, I guess there's nothing we can do about it. Well I already preordered my copy, and though it is dissapointing that I have to wait longer to get it, at least so does everyone else that preordered so I won't be alone.

I can't wait for more information to be revealed though, as in what digimon if any are version exclusives, how insane the evolution lines are in comparison to the first game, and of course more about the plot.

FET-Kun
02-16-2007, 03:05 AM
How dare they push the game back! This is an outrage! .....In the meantime they need to release a list of all the new Digimon included and other stuff to make up for this great in justice!

Oh well, I'll have Sonic & The Secret Rings to play.

Adrixp
02-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Why they push back the game???

BlackWargreymonFan
02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
See my above post for a possibly good explanation... ;)