PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight

Pages : 1 [2]

Master-Element
02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Will they better notput back the US versions once they anounce the date, Which I know they will, the only game Im starting to think wont get brought here is Savers another mission, no sign of it unless they wont start until savers comes to the us.

jpwong
02-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Will they better notput back the US versions once they anounce the date, Which I know they will, the only game Im starting to think wont get brought here is Savers another mission, no sign of it unless they wont start until savers comes to the us.

Would make sense. Just based on the title, I would assume that the game pretends that the player has at least some knowledge of the TV series.

Airdra
02-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey, maybe the reason they've pushed the release date back is to try to iron out some of the glitches that plagued the first one. XD That would be nice.

jpwong
02-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey, maybe the reason they've pushed the release date back is to try to iron out some of the glitches that plagued the first one. XD That would be nice.

I seriously doubt it. If the game hasn't gone gold yet (hit production), there's probably going to be a massive shortage of copies at launch. The only reason you'd push back the launch by something this short is either to bolster your supplies for the launch date, or because changing the date would likely result in a dramatic sales increase.

Rika24
02-17-2007, 06:29 PM
i think they just want to wait until savers ends. who knows, maybe it has elements of a 6th series.

jpwong
02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
i think they just want to wait until savers ends. who knows, maybe it has elements of a 6th series.

It's possible, especially if the game happens to have any references to post ending actions, though I have doubts about them making a sequel based off it.

Devkyu
02-18-2007, 01:48 AM
I have to wait two damn months for my birthday present... fucking freak. I could wait a month, sure, but...two. T_T yeah, maybe I should have picked something else.

TKTakeru
02-18-2007, 07:48 AM
I put in my order for Sunburst.. Can't wait!!

Any word on whether ShineGreymon/MirageGaogamon will actually be in the game this time? (They should be though, right?)

Anubimon
02-18-2007, 07:54 AM
I put in my order for Sunburst.. Can't wait!!

Any word on whether ShineGreymon/MirageGaogamon will actually be in the game this time? (They should be though, right?)

I'm sure they will be. It'd stupid for them to not do it this time around. We'll probably get the Burst Modes too. Hopefully we'll also get complete evo lines for Kamemon and the PawnChessmon as well. (We'd better. *Grumble*)
Has anyone made a list of Digimon that have been confirmed so far? That might be handy to have. I just hope it doesn't take too long for a full list to surface somewhere on the internet... The DS1 list was found fairly quickly after the game was released, right? Anyone remember?

FET-Kun
02-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I think in this time around the game is going to feel much more complete then the last one. They've had plenty of time to fix up evo lines, attacks, glitches and expand.

But I think the major concern is the Wi-Fi battles. Everyone knows about the evolution "exploit" in the first game. I loved knowing that by evolving my Digimon over and over that they would become stronger. In fact, most of my primary team has maxed out stats. But what happens when two users with maxed out Digimon go and battle? So I'm hoping they add some strategy to the game some how, or adjust how the exploit works. Otherwise it'll just be a race among many of us to see who can get their Digimon to a higher level faster. Though I'm sure it'll be fun for a while regaurdless. XD

Gah, I hate how I have to wait over another month still. <.< Well, we should have soem good new info in V-Jump scans.

Master-Element
02-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I thought I saw one of the pictures from the magazine with a screenshot of stegomon in In the evolution screen has any one esle seen it

Santaskid
02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Well the names an appearances of the final two forms of the title characters have been revealed, and of course the majority were correct back during speculation. It is Apollomon, and Dianamon, which are more than likely going to be members of the Olympus 12.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-19-2007, 06:15 AM
I think it has been comfirmed that they are Members.

Santaskid
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes they are in the Olympus 12, just took a second look at the scans that I first saw over at the digiport and zoomed in a bit and started skimming through the text and it said Orinpasu 12 so yeah, Apollomon and Dianamon have been confirmed as members of the Olympus 12. I should of spotted that earlier, I guess I was just distracted by the designs of them, mainly Dianamon that I didn't think to look at the text under their names.

AncientWisemon
02-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I think in this time around the game is going to feel much more complete then the last one. They've had plenty of time to fix up evo lines, attacks, glitches and expand.

But I think the major concern is the Wi-Fi battles. Everyone knows about the evolution "exploit" in the first game. I loved knowing that by evolving my Digimon over and over that they would become stronger. In fact, most of my primary team has maxed out stats. But what happens when two users with maxed out Digimon go and battle? So I'm hoping they add some strategy to the game some how, or adjust how the exploit works. Otherwise it'll just be a race among many of us to see who can get their Digimon to a higher level faster. Though I'm sure it'll be fun for a while regaurdless. XD

In some games like Monster Rancher the Mon's have a life span. Once they age too much they stop increasing in stats. That way the game becomes who can raise their monster most efficiently given the time limit. Perhaps Digimon could have a natural limit to their potential. This is something my students are considering for our digmon-like game we are creating.

Stryke107
02-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Note to Wisemon- Hope that's going okay
Anywho, when do people think it'll be out, stateside. What was the time period between the first one?

Airdra
02-19-2007, 04:17 PM
IIRC, it came out in Japan in mid-June and the US one was out in November.

AlforceVeedramon
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
late March (it got pushed back). So we can probably expect the US to get it by the end of summer

jpwong
02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Depends, could be early, but it depends on how much translation is happenneing. Pokemon games take much longer to get over for some reason, so it can vary depending on circumstances.

Santaskid
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes different games take different amounts of time to translate. The Rockman EXE games seemed to have 5 month period between their release in Japan, and their release in the States. Pokemon games seem to take longer than that, and there are some games that are released around the same time because they waited for both versions to be done before releasing either version. So we actually have no clue, when the English version will be released since it is only the second game so we don't have much to work with for estimated translation times.

Master-Element
02-22-2007, 12:15 PM
The good news is that most likly less then a month after they come out some one will put a rom of each one the net thats what happened to digimon story, but back then there wasnt a emulator that could run it.

Santaskid
02-22-2007, 05:20 PM
yeah that is a good thing, I could possibly get the Rom of the version that I don't get. I know a site with tons of Roms, just don't know what Emulator will run the Digimon Story game. Oh well I'd probably be to engrossed with my actual copy of it to download and play the Rom.

Airdra
02-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Talk of where to download roms and emulators and providing links to roms and emulators isn't allowed here. Just sayin'.

jpwong
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Please do not discuss ROMs or emulation here.

Santaskid
02-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Sorry I totally forgot about that, normally I don't talk about them, why I did I don't really know, but like I said, sorry that just totally slipped my mind for some odd reason. Well anyways I'm looking forward to importing Moonlight, and I plan on getting Sunburst eventually.

My anticipated party currently only has two members, Lunamon and Gaomon, no clue on the way the lines for the other digimon, or what other digimon will be in Moonlight so it's hard for me to actually make a full party in my mind.

gerjomarty
02-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Since Coronamon is a "holy" digimon and Lunamon is a "dark" digimon, I'm wondering if the games will have some sort of time of day function that changes the day to night in-game and perhaps some other features of the game too, relating to Lunamon and Coronamon in some way. Kind of like Pokemon Gold and Silver was. Would the DS have that sort of function?

jpwong
02-23-2007, 01:23 PM
That would be a software problem, not a hardware problem. DS already has a time management program, it's up to the developers if they want to incorperate it into a game or not the way they do for games such as pokemon or animal crossing.

Not a Diginoob
02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
The site sort of updated the news section
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_digimon02/news/index.html

it's something about Jogression

Santaskid
02-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Actually that basically shows normal matching is still around, I didn't see the word jogress anywhere there. All I read was Dejimon, the names of the digimon shown, the word Matching, and no sign of Jogress anywhere. However Jogress might be in the game, as shown in the early screen shots, but maybe there is an alternate way of getting the jogress digimon, and that is matching.

shermpmc
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Actually that basically shows normal matching is still around, I didn't see the word jogress anywhere there. All I read was Dejimon, the names of the digimon shown, the word Matching, and no sign of Jogress anywhere. However Jogress might be in the game, as shown in the early screen shots, but maybe there is an alternate way of getting the jogress digimon, and that is matching.

That's what I thought when I looked at it. It looks like if people match an ExVeemon and Stingmon you could get a Paildramon eggor somethin'.

SakuyamonX
02-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Actually this really dosen't have anything to do with the game...

It's the anwser to a question in some website called WaZap (http://jp.wazap.com/index.jsp), it has a banner for Digimon Story II with a question involving Digimon Matching...

The question is self-explanatory >_>;

Yakuza Soul
02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Who ever doesn't know what Xv-mon and stingmon combine too and calls them self a digimon fan should be shoot!

Its like when they have the question marks for the high evolutions in the v-pet long after we have seen the evolution before cough * digimon min, i pendulum progress * cough

SakuyamonX
02-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah @_@

The site update was probably just to promote WaZap >_<;

chaotixxero
02-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Since Coronamon is a "holy" digimon and Lunamon is a "dark" digimon, I'm wondering if the games will have some sort of time of day function that changes the day to night in-game and perhaps some other features of the game too, relating to Lunamon and Coronamon in some way. Kind of like Pokemon Gold and Silver was. Would the DS have that sort of function?

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have that feature.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/time.shtml

Master-Element
02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I just had an thought who are the tarters going to be? will it be the same three as the first game even though theres evidence thatthose lines have been split. or will you start with Coronamon in one and lunamon in the other or are they the rare ojective digimon you get at the end of the game

Santaskid
02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
From what we know now it seems extreamly likely that you will start with either Moonmon, or Sunmon depending on your version. It is unlikely that you will get to choose between 3 different digimon with the way the two versions have been advertised. Basically with the two versions I think of it as something similar to DW 2, where you had three guilds, and each had one starting digimon. You choose your guild and get said digimon. In this game however it is one of two guilds, so you choose your version and get the digimon associated with the main guild in that version.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Judging by the V-Jump Scans I also think that certain DNA Types are Version Exclusive.

Sunburst: Dragon, Holy, Bird, Water
Moonlight: Dark, Beast, Machine/Mutant, Insect/Plant

AlforceVeedramon
02-24-2007, 08:38 AM
and if that's the case, then it (along with XVeemon being the Dragon) furthers the possibility of Veemon being obtainable ingame and not through matching

shermpmc
02-24-2007, 08:59 AM
and if that's the case, then it (along with XVeemon being the Dragon) furthers the possibility of Veemon being obtainable ingame and not through matching

We can only hope. :P I'm willing to bet you can trade between games too, if this 'separation' is the case.

EDIT: spelled "hope" wrong. ahaha.

Unknown Neo
02-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Alright. Now I can manage my farms easier. It's really hard to do sometimes.

Rika24
02-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Judging by the V-Jump Scans I also think that certain DNA Types are Version Exclusive.

if that's the case i hope you can trade since my favorites are mostly dragon and holy i'll get sunburst, though i love the beast digimon like kyuubimon too.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-24-2007, 01:51 PM
She is a Holy Digimon. So she would be in Sunburst.

I guess my Moonlight Main Team would be Dianamon, QueenChessmon and Rosemon Burst Mode. ( if latter two are in )

Sunburst would be Apollomon, ShineGreymon Burst Mode and a Lady or another Dragon. ( Heck, why aren´t there Dragon Ladies ? )

TKTakeru
02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Has it been confirmed that only Holy Digimon are in Sunburst??

MugenSeiRyuu
02-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Haven´t read the text, but by the scans it appears that:

We need someone to translate it proper.

SakuyamonX
02-24-2007, 02:25 PM
We need someone to translate it proper.

Err I'll try, although the furigana is a bit hard to read in the scan.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks, you are great !

TKTakeru
02-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm still under the impression that the game will feature all of the same Digimon with slight differences- like in Pokemon versions.

I just can't see a game with only Dark, Beast, Mutant, and Plant obtainable Digimon being any fun. Not that much variety.

We can't go on just the cover images alone- they picked certain Digimon to show on Sunburst that would look good, and certain Digimon for Moonlight that would look good.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-24-2007, 02:51 PM
We are talking about the V-Kump Scans, not the Covers.

SakuyamonX
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
From the sound of it. While both games have different types of Digimon, they are not exclusive, more like they are easier to get.

In several blurbs, the hiragana ??? appears a lot. It means Easy, Cheap, Simple, but in the context it's in, Easy makes the most sense.

I dunno, I still need to read the other two blurbs.

Edit: GAH, I just noticed I put some kanji, instead of the hiragana. This is what happens when you try to decipher crap late at night. ._.;

-Koumori-
02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
With the images of ShineGreymon/MirageGaogamon Burst Mode in the scans, they're no doubt obtainable somehow, but I wonder if they would make it only a temporary evolution? They still count as a 'Mode', so if they follow the previous Digimon Story, Imperialdramon FM and PM were present as permanent evolutions. It looks like the smaller page (Page four of the Digimon Story content) talks about the Burst Modes, but since I can't read it I can't really tell ^__^; I'm pleased to see a good mix of old and new Digimon showing up in the screenshots, though. It seems like they're doing a better job on the battle poses - Ninjamon and Kogamon appear to have a separate stance, though they look ridiculously similar. Of course, I'm not sure if those sprites on the page that shows the Digimon Next and Savers cameo characters are taken from the game itself. Rosemon seems to have a new stance, too.

EDIT: Named the same ninja twice XD

MugenSeiRyuu
02-25-2007, 07:14 AM
No, that´s just her attack pose.

From the sound of it. While both games have different types of Digimon, they are not exclusive, more like they are easier to get.

In several blurbs, the kanji ?? appears a lot. It means Easy, Cheap, Simple, but in the context it's in, Easy makes the most sense.

I dunno, I still need to read the other two blurbs.

Ah, so similar to the rarity thing one of the Websites talked about.

CloneWarrior
02-26-2007, 10:57 AM
With the images of ShineGreymon/MirageGaogamon Burst Mode in the scans, they're no doubt obtainable somehow, but I wonder if they would make it only a temporary evolution? They still count as a 'Mode', so if they follow the previous Digimon Story, Imperialdramon FM and PM were present as permanent evolutions. It looks like the smaller page (Page four of the Digimon Story content) talks about the Burst Modes, but since I can't read it I can't really tell ^__^; I'm pleased to see a good mix of old and new Digimon showing up in the screenshots, though. It seems like they're doing a better job on the battle poses - Ninjamon and Igamon appear to have a separate stance, though they look ridiculously similar. Of course, I'm not sure if those sprites on the page that shows the Digimon Next and Savers cameo characters are taken from the game itself. Rosemon seems to have a new stance, too.

You mean Ninjamon and Kogamon...

Ninjamon and Igamon are two names for the same digimon....

-Koumori-
02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
X_x Fair enough. That one always gets me.

SeiferA
02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_digimon02/index.html

Site has been completly updated with info, and a commercial too... though the commercial itself aint too great.

Deviate
02-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Yay for official bandai pics! Translation anyone?

MugenSeiRyuu
02-27-2007, 04:35 AM
What is a Lekis ?

Edit: It´s something Moon related. Google gave me that pic:
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~maeda/photo/LeKis.10c.jpeg

Vande
02-27-2007, 04:46 AM
When the moon is covered with the red glow like it is there i think.
(see Digimon Adventure 01 Epi 26 for an example)

Adrixp
02-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Can someone translates their profiles please!!!

SakuyamonX
02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
It dosen't have any furigana >_>;;;;

CloneWarrior
02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
It dosen't have any furigana >_>;;;;

Wait, what exactly are furigana?

SakuyamonX
02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Furigana is small kana on top of kanji. Since there are like thousands of kanji characters, furigana helps a lot. Since the text is not copy and paste-able, I'd have to manually look up each kanji character in that paragraph (would take a long while).

Angel-kun
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
That is a total moon eclipse.... the text in that page don't say nothing about "lekis"

Well, my logic in that page said that its from Lunar Eclipse (LE) and Kis for Kisanuki who took the photo, so it is a coincidence for now. I saw the photo in google too, but it give me like 100 photos and only that it was for a moon, so i don think that is maybe related with moon.

I found that Lekis means " a place to play" or "a place where yo can play" in swedish.

MugenSeiRyuu
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Which doesn´t make sense since all her forms have Moon-Related names.

SakuyamonX
02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Me being stupid as usual, just realized the attacks are there XDDDDDDD

Dianamon:
Crescent Haken (Hook)
Arrow of Artemis
Goodnight Luna

Apollomon:
Sol Blaster
Phoebus Blow
Arrow of Apollo

This is as much as I can do... (without furigana), I'm assuming all the other Digimon attacks have been already stated?

New attacks:

Coronamon
Petit Prominence

Firamon
Fira Bomb

Flaremon
?????/Seisei no Houkou/Refreshing Roar (more or less something like that)

Lunamon
ROtsuBUIYAA Ripple (???)

Lekismon
Moon Night Bomb

Crescemon
Icer Tiare
Darker Tiare

I'm not sure about Crescemon's attacks, Lunamon's attack confuses me as well. >_>

*NightFire*
02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't get Luna's attack either. That ROtsu-something has to translate into something, I'm sure.

I'm still trying to get what "Lekis" means... I'm coming up short so far.

Santaskid
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Well I have no idea on Lunamon's attack, couldn't make anysense out of it. However I do have some idea's concerning Crescemon's attacks. I believe it is Ice Archery, and Dark Archery rather than Icer Tiare.

Mainly becuase I read it as Aisu Aacherii, or Ice Archery, same for Daaku Aacherii. So personally I think it could be Ice Archery and Dark Archery, though those don't really make sense with her lack of a bow, but who knows maybe he bladed weapon can fire shots from it. She could possibly sit it on top of the shield and take aim that way. Just a crazy idea though.

And Dianamon's attack is Good Night Moon, not Good Night Luna

MugenSeiRyuu
02-28-2007, 01:37 AM
GaiOumon can uses his Swords as a Bow. And Angewomon has a bow in her glove, so that might be possible.

Ainz
02-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Sigh...

Here's a full list of attacks with correct names:

Dianamon:
Crescent Haken (Hook)
Arrow of Artemis
Goodnight Moon

Apollomon:
Sol Blaster
Phoebus Blow
Arrow of Apollo

Coronamon:
Petit Prominence

Firamon:
Fira Bomb

Flaremon:
Seisei no Houkou/Refreshing Roar

Lunamon:
Lop Ear Ripple

Lekismon:
Moon Night Bomb

Crescemon:
Ice Archery
Dark Archery

As for lekis, it's greek for ''little plate'', which could refer to breastplate, which would apply to Lekismon's appearance

Vande
02-28-2007, 07:33 AM
cheers Ainz *thumbs up*
I like the sound of Cresce's attacks

MugenSeiRyuu
02-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Ice and darkness. Ideal against a Holy and Fire. Very nice names.

As for the "Little Plate" I think that might also be a bit of a Moon reference somehow. But that is just a vague guess. But the breastplate definately works. Wasn´t the moon common on some of these aswell ?

Edit: I forgot: Lunamon´s line is also opposing Coronamon´s line since she is a Virus.

SakuyamonX
02-28-2007, 09:39 AM

Damn, I meant Moon, not Luna XD

No wonder I didn't get Crescemon's attacks, I was reading it the wrong way.

Sorry for the sloppy work >_>; I just had to rush to do them, because I can't stay on very long (my leg hurts from the car accident I was in, no broken bones thankfully)

Adrixp
02-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Damn, I meant Moon, not Luna XD

No wonder I didn't get Crescemon's attacks, I was reading it the wrong way.

Sorry for the sloppy work >_>; I just had to rush to do them, because I can't stay on very long (my leg hurts from the car accident I was in, no broken bones thankfully)

Ii wish you get recover soon. ;D

MugenSeiRyuu
02-28-2007, 10:57 AM
I second that.

SakuyamonX
02-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks~!

Sorry to shift the topic like that...

I hope Digimon Story, has a bit more deeper story. I didn't like the first one's story (it's not that bad, but it doesn't beat Digimon World 3). Although the new story sounds interesting, having two perspectives.

Airdra
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Off-Topic: I hope you feel better soon. ^_^

Topic: I wish they hadn't bumped the release date back, then we'd be getting it very, very soon. >.<;; Can't wait to get a little more info on the differences between the two, in any case.

SakuyamonX
02-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks again ^^;

Hopefully, they fix any bugs in the sequels, there is no excuse >_>; I'm also wondering when we'll get a full list of Digimon... I want to know if Rosemon Burst Mode in the game. =(

Deviate
02-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the attack names Ainz and Sakuyamon. : )

What are their types and attributes? Lunamon's line is all Virus and Coronamon's line is all Vaccine?

OT - Feel better soon Sakuyamon

MugenSeiRyuu
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes, the attributes don´t change.

Master-Element
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM

In this case it doesnt but in othes it can. But Im sure that every enterested person has atleast one digimon they hope is in the game. One of mine is Alforce V-dramon, and Duftmon LMr

WarOmnimon
02-28-2007, 03:41 PM

Nintendogs had that function too. The time of day determined if the sun was up during the Frisbee Competition.

But anyway, I can't wait to play this one. I'm looking to import it, any suggestions where I should?

Airdra
02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm pretty sure we went over this a few pages back in the thread, but I went with Play-Asia (if only to buy some of their cheap Wonderswan games as well).

Deviate
02-28-2007, 09:21 PM

If you could, can you tell what their types are?

MugenSeiRyuu
03-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Coronamon is a Vaccine Digimon with Holy DNA, Lunamon is Virus and has Dark DNA.

Deviate
03-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Sorry, I should have worded it better. I meant Digimon types.

From what Sakuyamon translated I know this much:

Coronamon = Small Beast Digimon
Firamon - Beast Digimon
Flaremon - Beast Man Digimon

Santaskid
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Actually to me it looks like Coronamon, and Firamon are the same type. Lekismon and Crescemon are also the same as Flaremon, which would more than likely be Beast Man, and Apollo and Dianamon are likely the same as the other members of the Olympus twelve, God Man digimon.

SakuyamonX
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
From what Sakuyamon translated I know this much:

Coronamon = Small Beast Digimon
Firamon - Beast Digimon

Erm... that was from D.V.R's database NOT the official site o_o, and also I don't remember publicly stating that (except for PMing Vande it), so I don't know how you got that information in the first place @_@;.

Coronamon - Beast Digimon
Firamon - Beast Digimon
Apollomon - God Man Digimon

Lunamon - Mammal Digimon
Lekismon - Beast Man Digimon
Crescemon - Beast Man Digimon
Dianamon - God Man Digimon

Vande
03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
*wasn't guilty at giving the info out that is still on my pc*

Deviate
03-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info Sakuyamon. Sorry, I meant to say Shining Celebi.

frogjitsu
03-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't see Terriermon in Lunamon myself - but I like both of these new Digimon at any rate. AeroVeedramon? Yuss. If Veedramon and AlforceVeedramon are in, the awesome ship'll set sail. I wonder if we'll get to see what a Chaosmon made from Valdurmon and Sleipmon will look like?

Veedramon was not in the first one?! :o That sucks! I was looking forward to raising a Veedramon.

BlackWargreymonFan
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Veedramon was not in the first one?! :o That sucks! I was looking forward to raising a Veedramon.

Likewise. More and more, it seems that Digimon Story 1 was more of a reason for Bandai to rush out a product just to say that Digimon had a presence on the DS, but had to forego some qualities that it should have had the first time to do so. Now they're banking that this second, much more seemingly "competent" game looks to be actually doing what they couldn't have done before...or probably should have, if they didn't just rush it along.

Ah well...any way...I'm still hoping that one day, they'll bring Gaioumon into this series. I'd gladly give up BlackWargreymon being an entry, if it would mean this member of the "Greymon" lineage gets to have another chance. Poor guy hasn't been seen since Pendelum X 1.5... :(

Unknown Neo
03-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree. It might make more sense then some more useless ones in the first game.

frogjitsu
03-06-2007, 08:19 AM
I have a question, would the US version of this game (assuming that there will be one) be able to battle with the Japanese version over Wi-Fi?

Airdra
03-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Probably not. As it is right now, the US version and the Japanese version of the Digimon Story that's already out can't do anything together.

frogjitsu
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
That sucks, it kind of defeats the purpose of being able to connect all over the world. Wi-Fi has that capability, so why don't they use it. I'm really tired of these games being region specific. I don't want to buy the Japanese version because I can't read Japanese, but there will probably be more Japanese people to battle over Wi-Fi than in the US when the US version comes out. So I have to choose between being able to read it, or having a better selection of Online competitors. I say the whole situation really blows.

FET-Kun
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, it blows. But someone will no doubt do a walkthrough of the story, and by the time you beat the game you'll know how to work the game inside and out, you won't care anymore. But it does suck that we have to choose between more competitors or being able to read the text. ~_~

Vande
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
i think cause i couldn't read the text i didn't like Story I from Japan, thus why i aint gonna buy either of these unless they come out in English

Santaskid
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I can read some Japanese, though I can't necesarrily understand much, since I only had two years of Japanese. But I liked Digimon Story, though the onlything that really caused me trouble were the Onegai Quests, I was able to easily figure out were to go based on just looking for common sets of kana. Basically if I talked to someone, and it started a conversation, I'd simply skim it and then when figuring out where to go I'd just hope that it said where, other than that I did spend a good deal of time just wandering around.

I plan on importing Moonlight, then buying the english version of Sunburst, if it gets an English version, which is more likely to happen than to see a Enlgish version of Another Mission. I just hope that the game has a better storyline than the first one, because I found it slightly dissapointing. I know it probably won't be much better of a storyline, but it does look like it should be slightly better, especially with the two sides.

Master-Element
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Just so you know you cant connect the english version to the japanese, we know that from story and world ds so if some digimon are version exclusive and you cant trade by wifi, your screwed if you only buy one, and I gaurantee its coming out in the U.S., but I have time to explain in this post.

jpwong
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Just so you know you cant connect the english version to the japanese, we know that from story and world ds so if some digimon are version exclusive and you cant trade by wifi, your screwed if you only buy one, and I gaurantee its coming out in the U.S., but I have time to explain in this post.

Where does it say you can't wifi trade? If you're making an assumption because you can't in story, it would be insane to think they won't try to improve on the wifi.

Airdra
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
And if all else fails, there's always the possibility of breeding for whatever you can't get otherwise.

Master-Element
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry I was in such a hurry I forgot to put if, What I meant to say was If you can trade by wifi

Santaskid
03-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Digi-Brigade, I already knew about the regional wifi only thing. I was simply saying what I planned on doing. I only have one DS anyways so, if I do get both version I'd have get one of my friends who has a DS to let me use theirs, which is unlikely that will happen. I never said I planned on trading between the english and japanese versions. I might get both versions of the japanese and english versions, but it depends on how they turn out. If I like Moonlight enough I'll order Sunburst at a later time and get both when they come out in english, if not I'll just wait for the english version and just get Sunburst so that I've played both versions of the game.

There is nothing saying they will come out stateside, but it is rather likely they will. After all just because the first one did doesn't mean the new ones will.

MugenSeiRyuu
03-08-2007, 07:13 AM
AAAARGHHH ! I made mistake ! Lunamon´s kine consists of Data Digimon !

frogjitsu
03-09-2007, 11:39 PM
That may be a good idea, to get one version in Japanese, and one version in English. then one the Japanese one, i can battle the Japanese kids and the English one I can read the story. I was thinking about getting both eventually anyways, so maybe that's the way to go.

reddmann
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Not THAT exciting but the official site added a new commercial *shrug*

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_digimon02/movie/index.html

check it out... 8)

Not a Diginoob
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Did we know Gumimon was in it before?
if not then this CM confirms him.

I wonder if this takes place in the same universe or not?

shermpmc
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Did we know Gumimon was in it before?
if not then this CM confirms him.

I wonder if this takes place in the same universe or not?

Same with Kokomon apparently. Yay for Lopmon's Baby not being Pagumon :P

The Golux
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Pagumon really fits it pretty well anyway..

MugenSeiRyuu
03-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Since Wanyamon is also in, I hope for Budmon and Pokomon.

Master-Element
03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Do you guys think that Yuki Agumon is going to evovle into Yuki Darumno like in digimon world 2. ANd Maybe you have to jogress to get v-dramon, like agumon and Pyomon in the cards, I was thinking Agumon and v-mon through

Not a Diginoob
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
in the Pendulum Wind Gaurdians Piyomon could just evolve to V-dramon,
no jogression.

Master-Element
03-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Will I was talking about the cards not the v-pets, and theirs nothing thats makes the v-pets more of a valid choice in which if any of the media is used to decide that. and in the wing guardians V-dramon can all so evolve from Mushmon so that makes him just as valid as Pyomon. and According to File Island Pyomon can also evolve to birdramon, togemon, and woodmon

TKTakeru
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.com/encyclopedia/digimon/vdramon.html

Piyomon > V-dramon

Where do you get Agumon + Piyomon?

Master-Element
03-13-2007, 11:59 PM
How the hell am I suppossed it was some where, anyway I think it should be a jogress of Agumon and V-mon, because agumon becomes Greymon but is more dinosaur then dragon, and v-mon becomes XV-mon , whos not as the same disign of v-dramon as greymon is, combine them together and you've got one of the best canidates for v-dramon's prevolution, besides agumon and v-mon indevidualy.

TheTET
03-14-2007, 05:34 AM
A new trailer released ! check the site!
Huzzah for HolyDramon and JumboGamemon!

Not a Diginoob
03-14-2007, 06:34 AM
didn't see them
but I did see Kunemon

edit:
sorry I was looking at the new CM

MugenSeiRyuu
03-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Let´s hope they do it right and make Holydramon ( and Ophanimon ) one of Angewomon´s Evos. Because MarineAngemon as her Evo = >:(

AncientWisemon
03-14-2007, 08:35 AM
anyone with a list of confirmed Digimon yet?
How about a list of additions from last time?

Ritzbitz8
03-14-2007, 10:06 AM
This is a list of all the Digimon I've discovered to be new in the game, from Wiki, the scans, and the commercials. In the new commercial, I paused it like a million times and picked out every name I could. Anyone feel free to add to/correct it, as there were a couple there I didn't recognize.

According to my list so far, we have 88 new ones confirmed. And it looks like all the old ones return.

* AeroVeedramon
* Allomon
* Anubismon
* Apollomon
* Argomon (Mega)
* Aurumon
* Boltmon
* Brachiomon
* Centarumon
* Clockmon
* Coelamon
* Coronamon
* Crescemon
* Datamon
* Devidramon
* Dianamon
* Dokugumon
* Dolphmon
* Duftmon
* Ebemon
* Ebidramon
* Endigomon
* Firamon
* Flaremon
* Flymon
* Frigimon
* Galfmon
* Gesomon
* Giromon
* Goddramon
* Golemon
* GrappLeomon
* Gryphonmon
* Gummymon
* Holydramon
* Hyogamon
* J-Mojyamon
* JumboGamemon
* Karatenmon
* KingChessmon
* Kogamon
* Kokomon
* Kunemon
* Lekismon
* Lunamon
* MameTyromon
* Megidramon
* Mercurimon
* Millenniumon
* MirageGaogamon
* MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
* Mojyamon
* MoriShellmon
* Monochromon
* Moonmon
* Mushroomon
* Ninjamon
* Octomon
* Ophanimon
* Pandamon
* Phantomon
* Pharaohmon
* Pipismon
* Ravemon
* Scorpiomon
* Shawujinmon
* Shellmon
* ShellNumemon
* ShineGreymon
* ShineGreymon Burst Mode
* Snimon
* Solarmon
* Sunmon
* Susanoomon
* Tankmon
* Tekkamon
* Thundermon
* Tortomon
* Toucanmon
* Tsumemon
* Tylomon
* Vademon
* Vajiramon
* Veedramon
* Vermillimon
* Volcamon
* Wanyamon
* Zanbamon

EDIT: Added GrappLeomon

Not a Diginoob
03-14-2007, 10:35 AM
in the new trailer I saw Grapp Leomon.
That makes me happy.

Sobekmon
03-14-2007, 10:45 AM
YES! Karatenmon, Tortomon and Allomon! If Allomon is going to be counted as an armor evolution in this game, I hope they add other armor evolutions too, mainly Nefertimon...I can't beleive she wasn't in the first game, instead the choice for digimental of light was Seahomon...? wtf was that

Oh, and I sincerely hope Magnadramon is an evo for Angewomon and Megidramon is an evo for Wargrowlmon.

Ritzbitz8
03-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Ah yes, GrappLeomon was who I thought was PileVolcamon. I knew something was off there. Thank you. I bet this means Marsmon will be in too.

And who knew about some of their choices for the first game... this one is looking to be a lot more complete.

Rika24
03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Let´s hope they do it right and make Holydramon ( and Ophanimon ) one of Angewomon´s Evos. Because MarineAngemon as her Evo = >:(

i agree. and yay, Holydramon is in the game, hopefully Angewomon evolves into her.

CloneWarrior
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Look at 01:16 in the video...

Are Tortomon and Demon jogressing?

An Adult and an Ultimate?

MugenSeiRyuu
03-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Looks like it. Well, in Digimon World 2, Tag Tamers and D-1 Tamers, it works.

Not a Diginoob
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
That joggress animation looks so awesome,
it must have taken months to make it.

Master-Element
03-14-2007, 05:24 PM
From what I say of tortomon jogressing with Demon,It looks like your choices of what you can jogress together is allout more random then I thought, and its not so much, combining to specific digimon to get another specific digimon, its more of combining type and lv.

AlforceVeedramon
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
me thinks Jogressing will wind up being mostly like matching. You can jogress two Digimon into a random Digimon, but if you jogress two specific Digimon (XVeemon and Stingmon), you get Paildramon or DinoBeemon depending on the order you choose

Master-Element
03-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I dont think it'll be random, cause neither is matching, factors determene what egg you get, like type lv, personality, ect

FET-Kun
03-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Just wanted to post a link to a new site me and Devkyu started up for Digimon Story 2.

http://digistory.digifandub.net/

I think I've got all the info up on it that we know so far. We hope to setup online tournaments through the site and all. Check it out, and if there is anything we missed, let me us know.

Deviate
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Thats a pretty cool website. Love the name.

Ritzbitz8
03-15-2007, 10:01 AM
lol, that site looks like it has exactly my list I made, but with Japanese names. There are other older Digimon confirmed to be in it too. I could make a list of them as well.

Unknown Neo
03-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I like the list of new digimon. And I also agree. Angewomon - marine anegmon is bad. Mine is just a an angewomon because I needed I one for a favor quest.

shermpmc
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
I like the list of new digimon. And I also agree. Angewomon - marine anegmon is bad. Mine is just a an angewomon because I needed I one for a favor quest.

I kinda hope Salamon will evolve to Gatomon AND BlackGatomon and BGato could just go to LadyDevimon (then Lillithmon?) instead of the original Gatomon. Gato to LadyDevi kinda bothered me for some reason.

Heck, throw Mikemon to Bastemon in there while we're at it ^_^ [/wishfulthinking]

DarkTamer Steph
03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow, a game practically devoted to Dark family Digimon! Cant wait!!

Anubimon
03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Anubimon's really in there?
Well I'll be damned. They better not be lying to me. ;_;

And he better not have a shitty moveset. >_>

Ritzbitz8
03-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Yup, saw him with my own two eyes.

DarkTamer Steph
03-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I hope they give Digimon more moves. Even if it means having basic type-based moves that do good damage, then later gaining the Digimon's killing technique...

I was let down by the movesets given in Digimon Story.

Unknown Neo
03-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I kinda hope Salamon will evolve to Gatomon AND BlackGatomon and BGato could just go to LadyDevimon (then Lillithmon?) instead of the original Gatomon. Gato to LadyDevi kinda bothered me for some reason.

Heck, throw Mikemon to Bastemon in there while we're at it ^_^ [/wishfulthinking]

I like your idea. But bastemon doesn't have a good mega. That's bugged me for a while.

AncientWisemon
03-17-2007, 09:03 PM
It would be nice if there were more to the moves in this next one.
perhaps attacks that would push an enemy over a spot or have additional move properties besides elemental.
Like if a character is physically a tank, but has low spirit they would be vulnerable to magic attacks type of thing.

MugenSeiRyuu
03-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Site updated with two more Movies. And look under News, seems like Angewomon + HolyAngemon = Ophanimon.

Not a Diginoob
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
The commercials are a little weird,
Although I often Play my DS before going to sleep also.

AlforceVeedramon
03-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I wonder if hatching Ophanimon is a requirement to have Angewomon evolve into her. I doubt she'd be a standalone like Dukemon Crimson.

Ritzbitz8
03-20-2007, 11:42 PM
The only new face I can pick out from those new commercials is Kokuwamon...

The Golux
03-21-2007, 12:30 AM
The page with Grimmon also has a lot of new digimon...

MugenSeiRyuu
03-21-2007, 01:51 AM
I wonder if hatching Ophanimon is a requirement to have Angewomon evolve into her. I doubt she'd be a standalone like Dukemon Crimson.

I also think that it is more like Omegamon, ChaosDukemon and the two DotDigimon.

ShogunMamemon
03-21-2007, 04:41 AM
Grimmon looks like an insect ???

Ritzbitz8
03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Grimmon? Where is he/this page?? ???

MugenSeiRyuu
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Here
http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=2690.0

Ritzbitz8
03-21-2007, 06:03 PM
ooh, thanks. I was looking o nthe official site. *slaps face*

Digidestineofbalance
03-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Man this sux. i created lunamon back when i was eleven.
when the first movie came out back in when that was.
i so feel like crap rite now. :whoa:

MugenSeiRyuu
03-22-2007, 05:16 AM
Happens to me all the time. Falcomon, Spinomon, Dobermon, Cerberusmon. Leviamon, Ravemon, Diatrymon etc.

AlphaMon
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
i hope more space, as it has been sayd, in the farm ( who should be replaced with island, right ? ) and then, i hope that it will be an option to NOT receive the daily report from the farm, like that, famr goods leveling up will be easyer ...

As for the digimons, we've seen a pic with Skullgreymon on, i HOPE that he is in, and not simply as a boss, god, please ... ( i won't mind having the gods playable, also ^^ )

hum, and maybe, they will split up the actual groups atk and types ? i mean like Machine/Mutant will become manchine, mutant, and ect ...

Bantyo-Arch
03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Happens to me all the time. Falcomon, Spinomon, Dobermon, Cerberusmon. Leviamon, Ravemon, Diatrymon etc.

lol.. happens to the best of us. i have theory htta bandai goes around on forums or somthin and takes peoples ideas.. but that really jsut a joke they might have ppl wiht minds like you guys and made um up.

Not a Diginoob
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
hum, and maybe, they will split up the actual groups atk and types ? i mean like Machine/Mutant will become manchine, mutant, and ect ...

That wasn't just for the games
Machine/mutant and Insect/plant have been like that forever

CloneWarrior
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM

lol.. happens to the best of us. i have theory htta bandai goes around on forums or somthin and takes peoples ideas.. but that really jsut a joke they might have ppl wiht minds like you guys and made um up.

Minds like you guys?

They pick easy to figure out names for Digimon that are nothing like the fanmade ones....

MugenSeiRyuu
03-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes, that´s for sure. My Falcomon and Ravemon for example were siblings. Falcomon Light, Ravemon Darkness. Both were Armor Evos of a specfic Digimon.

Unknown Neo
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
If we're talking about armors then I thought up a moon based armor last season. His fused form was named apollomon. Although, that's not a big deal. But I did name the other forms lunarmon and cresentmon B and H hybrids respectively. But me think of ideas that end up being true happened a couple of times with me. So I got over it.

jpwong
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
i hope that it will be an option to NOT receive the daily report from the farm, like that, famr goods leveling up will be easyer ...

I believe the whole point in having that is that so people can't just plug in the DS and leave it running all night just to wake up to uber powerful digimon that have maxed stats.

AlphaMon
03-23-2007, 03:29 AM
I believe the whole point in having that is that so people can't just plug in the DS and leave it running all night just to wake up to uber powerful digimon that have maxed stats.

sure thing, hum ... so maybe they should lower the goods evolution requirement ? because 80 days, it's a pain in the ass ( passing those +50 xp goods from level 2 to 3 ^^' )

AlforceVeedramon
03-23-2007, 05:03 AM

maybe they could change it to where, once a day passes, the daily report appears offscreen, and you have to go to the Farm option on the pause menu to check it. So if you go without checking it, time has basically stopped; you can still walk around and battle and stuff, but your Digimon on the farm won't gain anymore stats until you check that report.

I hated farm reports too; too damn frequent when I was trying to train my party.

Unknown Neo
03-23-2007, 05:04 PM
It's not a problem with me. I like see who leveled up so they can evolve.

SakuyamonX
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Apparently Famitsu gave this game, a 7.0

Which isn't bad, considering how tough a grader Famitsu is...

Anubimon
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Apparently Famitsu gave this game, a 7.0

Which isn't bad, considering how tough a grader Famitsu is...

Famitsu doesn't do scores like that, though. Unless you mean everyone gave it a 7.0, or that the average score was 7.0? They have 4 reviewers who do it on a 10 point scale, so the if got a 7 it'd have to get like... 1's and 2's.
I think the original DS was 30/40 or so.

Not a Diginoob
03-23-2007, 05:48 PM
according to the C3 link that's been going around famitsu gave it a 28/40

SakuyamonX
03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Hmmm... 2 points less @_@

It's kind of bad that it got lower than the first game...

Unless it was 28 before too...

Not a Diginoob
03-23-2007, 06:24 PM
it might have been because it was too similar to the last game,
a lot of reviewers in the west lower scores because of that.

I don't keep track of famitsu scores so I don't know of they do it too.

SakuyamonX
03-23-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_digimon02/movie/index.html

Site updated with another CM...

Anubimon
03-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Hmmm... 2 points less @_@

It's kind of bad that it got lower than the first game...

Unless it was 28 before too...

It may have been. I don't remember what the exact score was, I just remember that it wasn't bad. I think it was 30 though. *Shrug*
28/40 isn't a bad score anyway. I expect that if it was less, it's probably because there's not enough new stuff, and now that Pokemon DP's out it's probably being compared to that.

FET-Kun
03-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Meh, and odds are that the reviewers aren't even fans of Digimon anyway, and that is needed to enjoy this game to it's fullest. So I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, I think Story 2 is going to be far better then the first with a lot more to do and enjoy.

Anubimon
03-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Meh, and odds are that the reviewers aren't even fans of Digimon anyway, and that is needed to enjoy this game to it's fullest. So I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, I think Story 2 is going to be far better then the first with a lot more to do and enjoy.

I think it'll be far better if you liked the first one. But I bet that for RPG fans who don't really care for Digimon, there won't be enough new features to warrant a purchase. And that's probably why it scored lower than DS1 (if I'm remembering its original score correctly, anyway) along with the release of Pokemon DP to compare it to.
But yeah, I think 2 will blow 1 out of the water for Digimon fans.

MugenSeiRyuu
03-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I would still call that a good score. Famitsu is hard at scoring. And compare them to the Idiots at Gamespot.

Unknown Neo
03-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah. You really can't say much about people at some sites. But some are true.

Not a Diginoob
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Famitsu is the only place where I pay attention to the score of the review.
with other places I usaly like to know about the reviewers's preferences and only read the review.

Like there might be something that the reviewer might really hate but I really like, then I would take a mostly negative
review from him/her and take it as positive.

SharzMy
03-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I just wish it to have difficuld bosses unlike DW DS the original.

FET-Kun
03-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, the normal bosses were good challenges as I progressed through the game, but the Demon Lords were pathetic. Granted my Digimon were high level by the time I fought them, but I would expect them to be way stronger then Chronomon was.

Anyway, I can't beleive it's 3 days from being released! I've always wanted to go online and VS people in a Digimon game, and now I can! XD

SharzMy
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Unfortunetly most of us will can it only in september.Me included. >_>

AlforceVeedramon
03-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I suppose, like last time, a subforum will be made for this game once it comes out?

I can't wait to find out how quickly you can get Veemon. And if AlforceVeedramon is in; he should be, though. If they put Duftmon in, they wouldn't bypass Alforce with both his lower forms being in the game

viperzerof-2
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
I've always wanted to go online and VS people in a Digimon game, and now I can! XD

ver.s had online

Master-Element
03-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I've always wanted to go online and VS people in a Digimon game, and now I can! XD

ver.s had online

No it didnt not in the first game if thats what you mean

Airdra
03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
I just got an e-mail that my preorder from Play-Asia shipped! ;D Won't be long now...

Anubimon
03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
For those keeping track of confirmed Digimon, Piyomon and Sabirdramon are confirmed to be in. They are part of Karatenmon's line.

MugenSeiRyuu
03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
And your source ?

Anubimon
03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
And your source ?

Suzaku, who is currently playing the ROM.

AlforceVeedramon
03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
can I count on those who are getting the game to inform me (and others) if AlforceVeedramon is in, and if Veemon is obtainable ingame without matching? :)

Suzaku
03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Also, for those interested, each Digimon has four slots for Soubi Waza (Equipable Techniques), and a special fifth slot for their own specific Hisastsu Waza (Certain Kill Technique).

MugenSeiRyuu
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
So four additional Techs and one Killer Move, sounds nice !

WarOmnimon
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I have officially confirmed Dot ShineGreymon and Dot MirageGaogamon.

If you pick the pack with RiseGreymon/MachGaogamon (Depending on your version) and check their evolution route before they're reversed to Child, you'll see them.

Airdra
03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh, cute. XD I can't wait to play it--how do the packs work? Because I'm so getting the pack with Airdramon, I don't care what the "smart" choice might be there, hehe. I just hope Sinduramon devolves into something I like a little more. XP

AlforceVeedramon
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
XD DotShine and DotMirage? Wacky.

WarOmni: Are you able to confirm any Veemon related news yet? Like when you get him in the game?

MugenSeiRyuu
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
And again another Greymon. I guess I´ll get the pack with Lilymon. I want to knoe if I she can become Rosemon BM.

SakuyamonX
03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Lilymon dosen't evolve into Rosemon... Which obviously means that Lalamon does now!!

MugenSeiRyuu
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Poor Lilymon ! Did they atleast give her some alternate Ultimate ?

AlforceVeedramon
03-28-2007, 04:23 PM
that's surprising. I would've expected Lilamon to evolve into Rosemon Burst, and Lilymon to evolve into regular Rosemon.

BTW, I see that we got a separate forum now

SakuyamonX
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Nope... XD

Also Tanemon's evolutions make much more sense.

She evolves into Palmon, Alraumon, and Floramon. I'm right now in battle, so I forget the rest of the evolutions XDDD

Rika24
03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
i wonder if that means Renamon evolves from Pokomon now.

MugenSeiRyuu
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
that's surprising. I would've expected Lilamon to evolve into Rosemon Burst, and Lilymon to evolve into regular Rosemon.

Thinking of that. It´s another current trend they have. All of the new Rosemon Cards only list Lilamon as her Pre-Evolution.

And Palmon, Alraumon and Floramon from Tanemon sounds good. I wonder if that means Budmon is in.

WarOmnimon
03-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I can't confirm when you get Veemon, as you have to befriend a Chicomon to get him, and I haven't encountered any of those yet.

I can however confirm that he evolves into ExVeemon or Veedramon. I'm also hoping for Alforce.

AlforceVeedramon
03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
excellent, Veemon into Veedramon is better than nothing. How can you confirm this, though? Did you already get a Veemon, or part of his line?

SakuyamonX
03-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Btw, Instead of the Digivice iC, you have the Digivice Burst. In Moonlight your Digivice Burst is Purple-ish (Luna Purple?).

MugenSeiRyuu
03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Makes sense. Story was released before the Upgrading of the iCs to Bursts, but Sunburst and Moonlight after. It´s the same with the Savers. We see Masaru. Yoshino and Touma in their DATS Uniforms, but in S and M in their Civilian Clothes ( okay, poor Ysohino is left out ! >:()

Also fits for the Burst Modes !

SakuyamonX
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
The begginings of both games are very different. In Sunburst, you witness a battle on your Digivice, while in Moonlight you begin straight to the battlefield... Battling.

I think NightRaven is much more focused on battles, while LightFang is much more peaceful... Just my observations.

Also it seems the Digital World, is split into Light and Darkness...

Anubimon
03-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Well, according to the "DigiDex" in the game, there are 397 Digimon total. Story 1 had 239 obtainable... And then there were additional Digimon that were unobtainable/only NPCs or bosses that brought the total count to 254, IIRC. So not a bad total, but still short of the 400 they promised. =p

The Golux
03-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Tanemon has no ultimates at all, I believe... That's just not cool.

Unknown Neo
03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
No ultimate for tanemon and no yoshino? No fair. There better be some digimon I really want here to off set that. I'm sure there is but still, it's just a little bit annoying.

WarOmnimon
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
excellent, Veemon into Veedramon is better than nothing. How can you confirm this, though? Did you already get a Veemon, or part of his line?

I got a Monodramon and checked his evolution line. He shares the baby form of Veemon.

AlforceVeedramon
03-28-2007, 08:50 PM
that's great, Veemon never should've been stuck as a matching-exclusive Digimon. I'm definitely choosing the Airdramon related pack now

FET-Kun
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
http://digistory.digifandub.net/

New screenshots available, see my site above for them.

jpwong
03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok, no more posts in here please, 30 pages is too much info. Please make new topics (or use the new existing ones) for relevent info breakdown now that we have a subforum.