PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Coliseum Japanese rules - Please help

Syntaxerror999
08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
WOW! i haven't thought about this series in a LOOOOONG time... and people are still diehard fans of it. Awesome!

Anyways, I joined this forum to find out a burning question Ive always wanted to know. Has anyone translated the rules for the Japanese version of Digi-Battle... apparently its called "Hyper Coliseum". I remember searching all over the net and never finding a translation... even now I can't.

I liked the card game, but the NA rules always annoyed me... especially when I found out that the Japanese version was way different. Bandai's "support" of the game back then was lackluster at best and changing the card backing on the third expansion was a middle finger to anyone who actually liked the game.

I'm not totally inter ensted in the rules for the other two CCGS... but if anyone knows those as well that be cool too.

PS is there a more complete Japanese card translation somewhere... Card terminal is nice, but has too many omissions... particularly for the cards I recently acquired.

PPS Anyone have an opinion of this book? > http://www.worldcat.org/title/digimon-cards-collectors-and-players-guide/oclc/44647411

TMS
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I can't remember if the rules have been translated yet or not. Someone on Card Terminal Staff had better help you there.

PS is there a more complete Japanese card translation somewhere... Card terminal is nice, but has too many omissions... particularly for the cards I recently acquired.

There is no complete site for card translations, though Wikimon has quite a bit done in that department. Together with the Card Terminal you can find a lot of information, except for maybe the flavor text.

PPS Anyone have an opinion of this book? > http://www.worldcat.org/title/digimon-cards-collectors-and-players-guide/oclc/44647411

I like it pretty well. I was never a big fan of the card game, but it gives you the rules, data, and a list of cards for dub Starter 1 and dub Boosters 1 and 2. It also has the U.S. anime cards for Digimon Adventure (except for some of the rarest). Then it has pictures of the Digimon Adventure Japanese anime cards (for the first half of the series), and pictures from a Hyper Coliseum booster that you can find translated online. It notes a few other lesser known Japanese Digimon card games, but doesn't go into much detail.

Syntaxerror999
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Found one site that...KINDA has the rules... but its extremely brief and lacks finer details...

http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.com/encyclopedia/rules.html

Here's a question... the wonderswan games... are they a direct lift of the card game, or are they like the PS card game with its own rules? If the former is true, then watching a game video I saw on youtube, the rules are pretty clear... and if no one is willing the write them down, then perhaps I should. It just seems ridiculous that the games 10 years old and no ones translated a rule set yet.

TMS
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I can't say for certain, though the cards in the game are designed to look like Hyper Coliseum cards, which is what was used by the Tamers in the anime, and they appear in the game.

CyberDramon
08-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Found one site that...KINDA has the rules... but its extremely brief and lacks finer details...

http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.com/encyclopedia/rules.html

Here's a question... the wonderswan games... are they a direct lift of the card game, or are they like the PS card game with its own rules? If the former is true, then watching a game video I saw on youtube, the rules are pretty clear... and if no one is willing the write them down, then perhaps I should. It just seems ridiculous that the games 10 years old and no ones translated a rule set yet.

Shining Celebi wasn't sure on some of the rules, and Fenrir was going to, or did, help with some of them. Back then, I didn't have time to check that version for playability, and after that, stuff happened.

Celebi hasn't posted anything on his site in 2 years, I haven't fixed up mine. And at the moment, I don't have time to check the playability of the rules.

Yes, Digimon is popular, but I don't know how many people collected the Hyper Colosseum cards, or how many people would play the game. Maybe that's why no one has done a full translation of the rules yet?

Syntaxerror999
08-09-2012, 06:47 PM
No luck yet... but I did find this...

http://devkyu.digifandub.net/dats/scans/

Scans of the Japanese manual... click on the images starting with DMCG.

EDIT : crap, just noticed pages 36-37 are missing! Anyone have an origional copy?

Shining Celebi
08-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Shining Celebi wasn't sure on some of the rules, and Fenrir was going to, or did, help with some of them. Back then, I didn't have time to check that version for playability, and after that, stuff happened.

Celebi hasn't posted anything on his site in 2 years, I haven't fixed up mine. And at the moment, I don't have time to check the playability of the rules.

Yes, Digimon is popular, but I don't know how many people collected the Hyper Colosseum cards, or how many people would play the game. Maybe that's why no one has done a full translation of the rules yet?

Hey now, it hasn't been two years in Celebi time. That was like, yesterday my time. Relativity and all that.

Seriously time passes by so damn fast when you get older, guys.

At any rate, as best as I can recall, there wasn't really much more to it than what I had up there. I do seem to recall that I had a document somewhere with a lot more fluff to it. I will check on my laptop this weekend (I seriously have tons and tons of .txts and .jpgs I should probably just zip up and share with the world) and see if I still have it or if it died in the Great Harddrive Crash back in '05 or something.

Paradise_Lost
08-16-2012, 03:07 AM
I kinda know how it works. The normal version that is.
There are actually two official ways to play the game, the basic one is a standard 1 vs 1 battle, while the second one is and extended 3 vs 3 battle.
Like I said, I'm more familiar with the basic play, and if you have any specific questions, I could try and answer them.