PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Manga Survey Part 2

Mitchfoxbane
12-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Since there was one anime/manga-related survey that is all about the fandom and characters (Anime/Manga Fandom Survey http://wtw-x.net/index.php?topic=377.0), how about another survey about anime, manga and a bit of games?

Here the survey goes...

1. List all the anime that you're familiar with(meaning you've seen at least a bunch of the episodes and you know the story and characters fairly well)?

2. Out of those, list your favorites(doesn't have to be in order.)?

3. What was the first anime you ever watched, when did you first watch it, and what was your first impression?

4. List some of the manga you're familiar with?

5. What type of anime usually interests you?

6. What type of anime least interests you?

7. What, in your opinion, do you think is the most important factor in an anime? (popularity, animation quality, characters, story, having everything revolve around a cool game/toys/robots, etc.)?

8. Which do you generally like better, anime or manga?

9. Which do you usually prefer, dub or sub?

10. List some of your favorite Japanese voice actors and some characters that they play. (Japanese character names too)?

11. List some of your favorite English dub voice actors and some characters that they play. (I use the dub names too)?

12. Which anime do you think has the worst English dub? And the best?

13. List some anime that you don't like?

14. Have you ever tried to get a someone interested in anime, even though that person knew nothing about anime?

15. Did it work?

16. List some of your most favorite anime/manga characters and the anime/manga they're from?

17. List some of your hated anime characters and which anime they're from (both human and non-human)?

18. List some of your favorite "non-human"(animal-like) anime characters and the anime they're from?

19. List some of your favorite anime video games?

20. List some of your favorite anime songs and the anime they're from?

21. List some of your favorite anime couples and which anime they're from?

22. What medium do you usually use to watch anime?(buy DVDs, download fansubs, watch anime on TV, borrow anime from friends, etc.)?

23. What is your favorite anime quote and who says it?

24. List some of your favorite anime movies?

25. What is your most favorite anime of all, and why is it your favorite?

26. Who is MOST likely your favorite character from that anime, and why?

27. Which episode is your favorite?

28. Why is that particular episode your favorite?

29. How did you first discover this anime?

30. When did you first watch it?

31. What was your first impression?

32. Do you watch this anime in its dubbed or subbed version? Or both?

33. Which anime haven't you watched but would like to?

Here are my own survey answers...

1. Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Digimon, Wolf's Rain, Kimba the White Lion, Ouran High School Host Club, Azumanga Daioh, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed

2. Wolf's Rain, Monster Rancher, Azumanga Daioh, Digimon, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed

3. Hmmm...let's see...I had first watched Kimba the White Lion when I was a kid, I thought that it was just a Saturday morning cartoon until I realized that it was an anime when I looked up on a website years later.

4. Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Digimon and Wolf's Rain

5. Usually an anime that is all about animals, monsters or some comedy shounen/shoujo anime but in a modern setting like school.

6. I don't like the ones without a plot or any overrated popular anime like Naruto.

7. Definitely the characters. I love becoming "attached" to these wonderful characters in these animes. Seeing them become stronger as the story progresses. I love the animes with a ton of reccuring characters like Digimon, GNG and GDW

8. Manga, it is more complex, it doesn't cut out the violence and it does not have a rushed storyline like Ginga Densetsu Weed (I swear that GDW manga is better than the anime).

9. The Subs, it depends on whether the dubbed anime is good or bad.

10. Ummm...I don't really know most but I should list...Hiroshi Kamiya (Kouji Minamoto), Kenichi Suzumura (Kouichi Kimura), Junichi Kanemaru (Ryo Akiyama), Hiroki Takahashi (Impmon/Beelzebumon), Yuto Kazama (Yamato Ishida), Nanaho Katsuragi (Kudamon), Soichiro Hoshi (Masaru Daimon) and Mamoru Miyano (Kiba of Wolf's Rain and Tamaki of OHSHC)

11. I don't care much about dub voices but here goes...Mona Marshall (Toboe, Terriermon, Izzy of Digimon and Sheila Broflovski of South Park) and Derek Stephen Prince (Ken Ichijouji and Impmon/Beelzemon)

12. I think it would be Pokemon for the worst English dub but I don't know about the best dub.

13. I actually hate popular anime and here is the list...
Naruto - too overrated and too much fillers
Inuyasha - Yawn...even if Kirara gets me interested
Fullmetal Alchemist - even if the Nina-Chimera (I have heard) interest me, I find it boring
Bleach - blah...
Death Note - Boring...
Beyblade - Stupid little fad...
Yu-Gi-Oh - Same as Naruto and Beyblade for stupid fads

14. Ummm...I don't do it unless somebody says something.

15. *Shrug*

16. Ho shit...Here we go...
Wolf's Rain: Kiba, Hige, Blue, Tsume and Hubb
Digimon (I tend to mix up the names due to my preference): JOE, Matt, TK, Hikari (Adventure 01 & 02), Rika, Ryo (Tamers), Kouji, Kouichi (Frontier), Masaru, Tohma, Ivan and Nanami (Savers), Neo Saiba and Hideto (V-Tamer manga)
Azumanga Daioh: Sakaki, Osaka and Chiyo

17. Wolf's Rain: Jagura and Quent Yaiden
Digimon: Etemon (Adventure 01), Cody (Adventure 02), Jeri (Tamers), Bokomon and Neemon (Frontier), Kurata and Kouki (Savers)
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin: Hyena, Akakabuto and the bears
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Hougen, Reika, Rushi (manga), Shougun the baboon (manga) and the anime version of Weed and Kite

18. Digimon: Gomamon, Patamon, Tailmon, Renamon, Calumon, Impmon, Gaomon and KUDAMON
Monster Rancher: Tiger and Hare
Azumanga Daioh: Kamineko (or rather The Biting Cat)
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin: Gin, Riki, Cross, Smith, Akatora, Chutora, Kurotora, Hakuro, Kisaragi, Akame, John and Oliver
Ginga Densetsu Weed: GEORGE (manga), Tesshin, Yukimura (manga), Kyoushiro, Akame, Ridia (manga), Hiro, Buruge, Bat, Rocket and Smith and Ron (manga)

19. Bah! I don't play video games

20. Those background music and theme songs from Digimon and Wolf's Rain

21. Wolf's Rain: Hige/Blue, Kiba/Cheza and Hubb/Cher
Digimon: TK/Hikari, Sora/Matt, Joe/Izzy, Michael/Mimi, Ken/Yolei, Daisuke/Wallace, Matt/TK, Ken/Matt (Adventure 01 and 02), Rika/Ryo, Kazu/Kenta, Takato/Henry (Tamers), Kouji/Kouichi (Frontier), Masaru/Tohma, Ivan/Nanami and Ivan/Yoshino (Savers)

22. Youtube, downloaded videos on the computer, TV and VCDs

23. "Moumentai!" - Terriermon
"This is the worst!" - Yoshino

24. Ummm...the Digimon movies in subs not the dubbed version

25. Digimon. The storyline is complex, has some action, comedy, good monster designs and the characters are fun to adore.

26. JOE KIDO, he is an underrated handsome nerd and he's fun to watch. His Digimon partner Gomamon is also cute and awesome.

27. Ummm...I don't know much...

28. Ummm...

29. During the Pokemon vs Digimon war

30. 1999

31. I thought it was a rip-off of Pokemon until it went deeper for the storyline.

32. Dubbed...but not the American dub, it's a Singaporean dub (follows the Japanese elements but it's in English) and some subbed episodes

33. Ummm...Suggest some good anime that are all about animals or some school comedy just like Azumanga Daioh
--------
Would you like to try?

Rika24
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
1. Digimon, pokemon, ccs, flame of recca, wolf's rain, DNAngel, one piece, mew mew power(sad dub, but all i got), monster rancher, Samurai 7, Bleach, sailor moon, InuYasha, Dragon Drive.

2. Flame of Recca, Digimon, Bleach.

3. Sailor Moon. so long ago i forgot when. actually i didn't even know i watched it before until it was on the WB for a week special in the morning. i thought it was strange i knew what was going on & felt like i saw the ep before. then my mom told me i used to watch it when i was really young.

4. MAR, Flame of Recca, CCS, Digimon, Tokyo Mew Mew, Shaman King, One Piece, Ceres: Celestial Legend, YYH, Petshop of Horrors, Rave Master, Chobits, X/1999, InuYasha

5. Action, fighting (martial arts &/or street fighing mainly)

6. romance

7. Character development & plot.

8. both equally, but when it comes to an anime being a manga 1st, like flame of recca, the manga is much better.

9. i'm more used to dub, so if i see the same anime as a sub, i don't like it at 1st. if i see the sub 1st, i like the sub better. so it all depends on which version i see 1st.

10. Japanese VA's: Imai Yuka(Renamon), Kamiya Hiroshi(Kouji), Hoshi Souichirou(Masaru), Akiko Hiramatsu (Fuuko)

11. English VA's: Mari Devon(Renamon), Joshua Seth(Tai, Hige), Steve Staley(kouji, ryo), Melissa Fahn(Rika), Johnny Bosch(Kiba), Crispin Freeman(Tsume, Kouichi)

12. worst=Cardcaptors(CCS), Best=InuYasha

13. will get back to it, normally i don't remember the ones i don't like.

14. yes

15. yes for some, no for some

16. Masaru(digimon), Tai(digimon), Kouji(Digimon), Hige(wolf's rain), Fuuko(FoR), Kaoru(FoR), Alviss(MAR), Rukia(Bleach), Ichigo(Bleach), Sango(InuYasha), Blue(Wolf's Rain).

17. Kurata(digimon), Daisuke(digimon), Yanagi(FoR), Orihime(Bleach)

18. Rygar(Monster Farm/Rancher), chibisuke(dragon drive), Kero(CCS)

19. Monster Farm/Rancher, Digimon, Pokemon

20. Gravity(Wolf's Rain), Stray(Wolf's Rain), True Light(DNAngel), Change the World(InuYasha), In the Blue(Digimon), Life is Like a Boat(Bleach)

21. YamatoxHikari(digimon), RukixTakato(digimon), IchigoxRukia(Bleach), FuukoxRaiha(FoR)

22. Buy dvds (don't have cable), download(digimon, Bleach)

23. Where i go is my own business, thanks for asking (Kouji, digimon), When I get through with you the Devas'll seem like cuddly little kitty cats!(Rika, digimon), This is our fight, why don't you wannabes find someplace else to play(rika, digimon), don't worry, i won't let anything happen to u(tai, digimon)

24. Digimon movie 6 & 8

25. Digimon (FoR would be if it followed the manga better), because the characters and the story

26. Masaru & Tai both for the same reason, i just like that kind of character.

27. Home Away From Home

28. it was the episode that turned me into a digimon fan(not sure why though)

29. Pokemon fans bashing it (i was one of them originally :'()

30. 2000 i think

31. i thought it was interesting

32. both

33. Fullmetal Alchemist, i saw only 2 eps in japanese before it was 1st aired (thanks to club otaku). ever since i have been dying to see it. (I NEED CABLE!! *sigh* please release a boxed set VIZ :'()

Socar
12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
1. Dragonball/Z/GT, Inuyasha, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist, numerous Gundam series, Akira, Pokemon, Tenchi, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Big O, Cyborg 009, Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, YuGiOh, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, (I'm sure there are others I'm just not thinking of at the moment).

2. Gundam Wing, Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Dragonball, Samurai Champloo

3. Dragonball. 1996 on TV. I found it amusing, interesting, and entertaining.

4. Dragonball, Inuyasha, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist, Akira, (and some Naruto).

5. Action/Comedy

6. Psychological.

7. Characters/Story

8. Manga.

9. Sub

10. Toshio Furukawa (Kai Shiden, Piccolo), Ryo Horikawa (Vegeta, Ryuuichi Fuha, Makuramon, Kou Uraki), Hirotaka Suzuoki (Bright Noa, Tenshinhan, Tatewaki Kuno, Saito Hajime, Sakaki), Kouji Tsujitani (Hiroshi, Miroku, Jajuka, Itsuki, Seabook Arno).

11. Brian Drummond (Allen Schezar, Zechs Merquise, Blurr, Jetfire, Vegeta, Renkotsu), Scott McNeil (Piccolo, Hohenheim, Koga, Duo Maxwell, Kuno, Strongarm), Mike McFarland (Roshi, Yajirobe, Jean Havoc, Kazemaru).

12. That I've heard, One Piece (worst), Naruto (best).

13. Dragonball GT, YuGiOh GX, Paranoia Agent.

14. Yes.

15. Yes.

16. Hughes (FMA), Trunks/Piccolo/Tenshinhan/Vegeta (DBZ), Miroku (Inuyasha), Saito (Rurouni Kenshin), Kurama (YYH), Duo (Gundam Wing)

17. Shippo/Kagome (Inuyasha), Tsurusennin (Dragonball), Ash (Pokemon)

18. Tessaiga. Yeah, that's right. If Shippo can be a character, then by god, so can Tessaiga.

19. The only anime video games I've played have been DBZ games, and the ones I liked include Budokai 3 and Advance Adventure (Wind Waker counts, doesn't it?)

20. Fukai Mori, Brand New World, Angelus (Inuyasha), We've Got Power, CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, We Were Angles (DBZ).

21. Vegeta/Bulma (DBZ), Miroku/Sango (Inuyasha).

22. Buy DVD's.

23. "Aku Soku Zan" - Saito Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin).

24. DBZ Movies 9, 12, 13, Inuyasha Movie 3, Full Metal Alchemist Movie, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

25. Dragonball, my first anime, still my favorite, still the one I can go back and rewatch time and time again.

26. Piccolo, I don't know why, but he was my favorite villain in the whole series (even Piccolo Daimaou), and continued to be one of my favorite characters throughout DBZ.

27. Episode 109: Son Goku vs Piccolo Daimaou.

28. Had the first truly epic battle.

29. On FoxKids back in 1996.

30. Same as above.

31. See question 3.

32. I've seen both, but I prefer subbed form.

33. Bleach, just to see what all the fuss is about.