PDA

View Full Version : Xros Wars YH Episode 2 (56): Students disappear! The Wavering Shadow of Sagomon!

Vande
09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Xros Wars Episode 56 (Young Hunters Episode 2) Premiere

Episode thread for Episode 56 (Young Hunters Episode 2), will be unlocked before airring.

Air Time
6.30am Sunday - (JST) - Japan
10.30pm Saturday - (BST) - UK
05:30pm Saturday (EST) - East Coast
04:30pm Saturday (CST) - Central
02:30pm Saturday (PST) - West Coast

No spoilers past this episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Vande
10-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Unlocking this topic ready for the Episode 2 preview. Please discuss the preview in this thread rather then Episode 1. Doing this as a trail run to see how it goes.

Holydramon
10-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Interesting to see a digixros of arresterdramon + metaltyrannomon. That means that all digimon you hunt are usable for digixros...

Geriand
10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Interesting to see a digixros of arresterdramon + metaltyrannomon. That means that all digimon you hunt are usable for digixros...

I'm really hoping this will create a fun, collectable side to the show that uses DigiXros as we wanted it to be seen. If the Digimon are just mindlessly included in the Xros Loader, rather than having personalities, I think it makes them that much more appealing to be used as Xros fodder and would be a hell of a lot less work for the creators.

On the subject of next episode, it looks good! I just hope Damemon returns soon and that its explained why Chou-Shinka is suddenly mainstream.

Bartz
10-01-2011, 06:16 PM
You know, with Sagomon next week, Cho-hakkaimon's part of the main cast, Gokuwmon having some references in Arresterdramon's design and profile, I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be any references to "Journey to the West."

So we know at least one aspect of collections (digixrosing), hopefully there are more to be utilized.

Absolute Zero
10-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I hope Shakamon will appear but not as a villain but more to Mercurimon's role in Savers.

TMS
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm really hoping this will create a fun, collectable side to the show that uses DigiXros as we wanted it to be seen. If the Digimon are just mindlessly included in the Xros Loader, rather than having personalities, I think it makes them that much more appealing to be used as Xros fodder and would be a hell of a lot less work for the creators.

On the subject of next episode, it looks good! I just hope Damemon returns soon and that its explained why Chou-Shinka is suddenly mainstream.

I agree with that first observation. If Digimon are just filed away as data, we can't really complain about their not playing a significant enough role as in the last series.

About Super Evolution, it might just come hardwired into the Watchmaker's Xros Loaders.

You know, with Sagomon next week, Cho-hakkaimon's part of the main cast, Gokuwmon having some references in Arresterdramon's design and profile, I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be any references to "Journey to the West."

There's also the Watchmaker's close resemblance to Gokuwmon. The weird thing about this is that the Journey to the West references are scattered and incohesive. I know we've only seen one episode, but so far there's nothing that suggests some sort of significant connection between Gumdramon, Gokuwmon, Cho-Hakkaimon, and Sagomon.

Rexanimon
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
There's also the Watchmaker's close resemblance to Gokuwmon.

Awwwww man!! You said it before I could!!! I immediately thought that when I saw him up close. I bet he's really Gokuwmon in disguise.

On a different note, I really hope that we get to see Xros Heart members (both Digimon and Human) returning in this series. I'll be disappointed if Taiki gets a whole new team. I'm not sure if I like this whole "Digimon hunting" gimmick. I wonder though, after six do they get sent back to the lab with Professor Oak? XD

WereGarurumon
10-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Looks like the mods forgot to lock this thread. XD

And really now, you guys prefer extra characters becoming characterless tools? How sad. I also agree on the previous poster - the hunting feels rather weird because the monsters seem to be minding their own business.

Vande
10-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Looks like someone didn't read the second post.

TMS
10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
And really now, you guys prefer extra characters becoming characterless tools? How sad. I also agree on the previous poster - the hunting feels rather weird because the monsters seem to be minding their own business.

Well, it's not like MetalTyrannomon was much of a character anyway. I'm hoping that the series does look into the morality of hunting sentient creatures. For the moment I can't see Taiki and Yuu doing much hunting.

Inpu
10-07-2011, 11:30 AM

I'd rather them purposefully be left alone instead of attempting a character arc with them and bungling it badly. Like Beelzemon, whose behavior makes no gotdang sense.

Lhikan634
10-07-2011, 06:28 PM

I was thinking similarly as well, though including the watchmaker in the Gokuwmon references. I sort of hope they modify it somewhat, so we get to see a lot of plot creativity and originality like we typically do with Digimon.

Also, did I see MetalTyrannomon separate as well as in the DigiXros during the preview, or was that my eyes playing tricks on me?

AlforceVeedramon
10-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Solo MetalTyranomon was definitely in the preview. The Hunters were all trying to capture him in the first episode, with Tagiru successfully doing so, so maybe it's like Pokemon where you can make captured Digimon fight for you, as well as participate in a Xros as the preview suggests.

Or maybe captured Digimon become DigiMemories or something? A one-use attack before it has to take a rest for a while.

WereGarurumon
10-08-2011, 01:06 AM
The MotW style will bother me, though it seems like we'll be seeing some main enemy players it seems.

Honestly, I want the old man to be the villain. That dark Xros Loader is having that vibes.

Looks like someone didn't read the second post.

First time seeing something like this, but then again other eps never got similar effect I think.

I'd rather them purposefully be left alone instead of attempting a character arc with them and bungling it badly. Like Beelzemon, whose behavior makes no gotdang sense.

What's not to get? PM me because not getting Beelzebumon is rather hilarious when it's plain compared to the rather "complex" Tamers Beelzebumon.

Inpu
10-08-2011, 03:48 AM
What's not to get? PM me because not getting Beelzebumon is rather hilarious when it's plain compared to the rather "complex" Tamers Beelzebumon.

We've been over this before. He vanishes for no reason all the time (and never has anything to show for it!), is absent in episodes where the rest of Xros Heart is fighting his main rival for him, then shows up in episodes that have no relevance for him (like Gold Land, in which he...got drunk on Olegmon's ship. Woooo). Hell, the only time Beelzemon is in the same scene with Mervamon before she's already madly in love with him is when they are both brainwashed on Olegmon's ship. It is overwhelmingly clear that the writers had given themselves many more characters than they knew how to properly cover, and most of the secondary cast just appears and disappears whenever the animation team remembers them. And I didn't say a damn thing about Tamers, so don't try to put words in my mouth.

Again, I'd rather the writing team show that they learned from Xros Wars, and only introduce as many primary characters as they can actually handle. I don't want us to have another mess like with Bagramon doing shit all for fifty episodes, or DarkKnightmon and the Head Officers barely making any appearances in Death Generals until it was time for them to die.

CloneWarrior
10-08-2011, 01:47 PM
We Are Xros Heart is the insert for this episode according to TV Asahi's PR page (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/pr/contents/20111009_02088.html).

The Chaos Entity
10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Paafekuto
Either, OmegaShoutmon will use that song now, like in Ep 30, or Xros Two/Three/Four is back!
I expect the former, as, well, Evolution and DigiXros is...well for for Super Evolution and Double (Digi)Xros, it woulden't make sense.
I wonder if Tsuwamon will get a new song...

CloneWarrior
10-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Paafekuto
Either, OmegaShoutmon will use that song now, like in Ep 30, or Xros Two/Three/Four is back!
I expect the former, as, well, Evolution and DigiXros is...well for for Super Evolution and Double (Digi)Xros, it woulden't make sense.
I wonder if Tsuwamon will get a new song...

How would Evolution and DigiXros not make sense? It's Shoutmon evolving, and the lyrics don't say anything about Double Xros specifically (anyways, based on the new laws of this series, more than one Xros Loader is always needed anyway).

cutejana17
10-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Yes, Shoutmon's BACK!! And more Arresterdramon action this ep, so let's see what happens =D

[hr]
-Woah, WE ARE Xros Heart is the insert song mentioned in the credits!! WOOHOO!! =D
-I love that this ep is set more on the Real World <3
-*sob* GAAAH I MISS XROS WARS FROM THAT PICTURE T___________T
Kiriha-kun, Nene-sama, Yuu! (the younger one) :< :'(
-(so this means that there's more chance of them re-appearing?! WHEEE xD)
-LOL Sagomon surprised me xD
-Time Shift!
-Reload, MetalTyrannomon!
-Hey, it's the watch man again!
-He gave Taiki a hunter rulebook...
-LOL, Gumdramon looks mecha in that scene xD
-Epic Taiki & Shoutmon eyecatch! =D
-Ryouma! xD
-"Set"? Must be one of the rules in DigiQuartz...
-LOL at the girls saying "Yuu-sama" (YUU-SAMA FTW!!!) xD
-Chou Shinka! Arresterdramon!
-Sagomon moves too fast for Arresterdramon to attack O_O
-Wow, the bew DigiXros Animation is kinda neat =D
-DigiXros!
-Now THIS is what a DigiXros should be!! (like Dorbickmon Darkness Mode [Dragon Army]), looks creative and non-clustered! =D
-HOTTOKENAI!! xD
-Shoutmon! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE xD
-WOW!! All of Xros Heart are in Taiki's Xros Loader!! =D
-Hahaha, Arresterdramon & Tagiru saw the Digimon King being Taiki's partner xD
-Shoutmon Chou Shinka! OmegaShoutmon! (new animation looks kinda sleek, but I still prefer the old one...)
-OmegaShoutmon! Dorulumon! DigiXros! (didn't catch the name, maybe OmgeaShoutmon + Dorulu Cannon?) YES FINALLY TAIKI xD
-WE ARE Xros Heart! (hoping for Evolution & DigiXros ver. TAIKI xD) <3
-I'm just so happy that Xros Heart's army is still there, so Taiki can make more DigiXrosses not used in Xros Wars ^_^
-MetalShoutmon xD

[hr]
~Next Episode~
-Pinochimon?! Wonder if he's the same as the one before...
-Even Breakdramon O_O
-More children are being attacked by Digimon!

NekoHaruko
10-08-2011, 03:06 PM
It was a very nice episode. I'm not sure cause Keyhole have bad audio. But it sounded like Taiki said Shoutmon was just concerned for his younger brother? We'll find out in the subs I guess. Xrossing is back as it seems. But they way they are doing this time is a lot like Tamers Addons with the cards. It looks much cleaner this way. Poor Yuu doesn't have Damemon back yet. >.<

Absolute Zero
10-08-2011, 03:11 PM
- Yay, the bit of Digimon coming to real world in respond to human desire finally be used
- So... they redesigned Shawujinmon just to make him a pedo
- Does Yuu said something about Digimon isn't game and someone who treat them like that is unforgivable ????
- So... DigiQuartz is like a mirror world of the real world(when there's a pool in real world, the exact place of DigiQuartz also have it)?
- So the captured Digimon is still alive, not just data...
- No Digicode around Tagiru's and Gumdramon's hand when chou-shinka anymore.
- Xros Up! Arresterdramon!
- Wow this is good, usually the hero will send an OHKO after they DigiXrosed into a new form
- Shoutmon come to help and the reason is something to do with Wisemon
- Shoutmon X Dorulumon = ..... nah... only Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon but with Shoutmon...
- Tagiru got Sagomon
- Taiki shown his collection (Dorulumon, Ballistamon, Cutemon, Starmonz) to Tagiru and he's jealous and decided to hunt more Digimon
- MetalShoutmon jokexros.. remind me of Giant from Doraemon

- So we have another human who use Digimon, wonder if he's just like Neon Hanamura or he does have a XrosLoader
- Pinochimon is back, wonder if it'll be the same one
- No sign that Damemon will show up soon either... hope when he's reborn he'll be reborn via digitama...

Tyranno
10-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Dammit, now I wanna see a real version of MetalShoutmon.

Bartz
10-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I swear, poor Sagomon is going to get a lot of Creeper jokes thrown at him. The whole storyline about him capturing children and stealing their energy (emotions?) is just inking fuel for them. Continuing from that, he was surprisingly strong as it required Omegashoutmon's intervention for MetalArresterdramon to take him down.

As for Shoutmon, it's great to see him. He actually seems to have matured over the year. Now the other members, I was actually surprised to see that they came back so suddenly, I was expecting them to appear gradually. Also, it's odd how they seemed to have not aged over the past year (especially in comparison to Shoutmon).

Finally, either Pinocchimon completely forgot what happened in the Dust Zone arc, or it's a different one, because using the kids to create G-Breakdramon or rather Breakdramon (Blue) is not going to help him make any friends. :P

WereGarurumon
10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Hopefully it's a different one, because that's one hell of an OOC moment XD

TMS
10-08-2011, 08:04 PM
So our new Digimon in this episode are Xros Up Arresterdramon and Xros Up OmegaShoutmon. I have a feeling they may do this with a lot of Xroses, like all the Darkness Modes that the Death Generals had. By the way, what was Xros Up Arresterdramon's attack? "Spin Kaiba?"

It looks like Yuu has a problem with Tagiru's attitude towards hunting Digimon. I'm grateful they didn't just sweep that under the rug, but I hope it gets additional attention in future episodes. It looks like capturing a Digimon re-programs it like the Code Crown. Since they didn't have any moral issues with that in the first series, they probably won't bother here either.

I'm interested in seeing the recolored Breakdramon. Wonder if it is just a randomly recolored enemy like Shurimon or if it gets its own name.

Tyranno
10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Spin Caliber.

CloneWarrior
10-08-2011, 08:18 PM
So our new Digimon in this episode are Xros Up Arresterdramon and Xros Up OmegaShoutmon. I have a feeling they may do this with a lot of Xroses, like all the Darkness Modes that the Death Generals had.

I'm not sure if those are actually their names. It just seems like they yell "Xros Up!" before their names.

I'm interested in seeing the recolored Breakdramon. Wonder if it is just a randomly recolored enemy like Shurimon or if it gets its own name.

The summary calls it G-Breakdramon.

TMS
10-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks and thanks.

You know, it looks like they really are setting this series up to mirror Tamers and Savers. The first arc consists of episodes with random Digimon causing trouble in the human world. DigiQuartz acts like the Digital Fields from Tamers, and the episode titles have the monster of the week's name in them, as in Savers. Wonder if the start of the series will be as heavy on filler as Tamers and Savers were.

Edit:
Oh, the wild Digimon using human emotions to grow stronger also reminds one of Savers.

garfield15
10-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I gotta say, I love how Yuu is pissed at Tagiru for treating the Hunting as a game. It really calls back to his character from the first part.

Devkyu
10-09-2011, 12:57 AM
That MetalTyranomon is adorable... like a big puppy.

And it seems like in DigiQuartz, the Xros Loaders are nerfed. Only one digimon on the field at a time, minus Xrosses.

And the whole mirror to the Real World REALLY looks like the Digimon World Re:Digitize game.

WereGarurumon
10-09-2011, 02:19 AM
I actually kinda expected Sagomon to talk XD

Absolute Zero
10-09-2011, 08:19 AM
I kinda expected him to talk to, but i don't expect much from MotW.

Does Tagiru or Gumdramon said "Whoever stop here is an idiot" in this episode ?

Deviate
10-09-2011, 10:37 AM
I really don't like the idea of the Xros Loader only being to load one Digimon at a time....

tomon
10-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Xros loader is fine, its the Digi-Quartz rules that i don't like.

Tyranno
10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think there's any problem with giving the game some rules, and forcing the hunters to be strategic.

TMS
10-09-2011, 02:09 PM
It will actually lead to a lot more variety. If you can only Xros a couple Digimon at a time, you don't have boring repetitive stuff like the X# series.

ankokudaishogun
10-09-2011, 02:46 PM
on the next episode... Pinocchimon seems possessed\hypnotized

CloneWarrior
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Were any of the human characters (kidnapped kids, Mami's friend) named?

The Chaos Entity
10-10-2011, 03:41 AM
No, I don't think so.

YukiGreymon
10-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I like they way Allstardramon xroses. It would be sort of neat if Taiki kept his way, and Yuu got a third way. However, this particular xros with MetalTyrannomon was too rounded. Great ep otherwise.

Shinraisei
10-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Well, I'm glad that Yuu went up to Tagiru and brought some sense into him--whether he understood it or not. I don't think I'm the only one who would have not been impressed if they let Tagiru become all "WOOO HUNTING YAAAAAAAY, LET'S GO!!!" without Taiki or Yuu letting him know it's not a game. (I hopeI'm sure Tagiru's due for a Reality Check episode somewhere down the line to cement what Yuu's told him)

Time Shift is reminding me a lot of that game whose name I sadly can't remember where the main character gets a special pen that opens small portals to the past. (So you draw a circle on the spot and that spot shows a portal to that small area's past. If I remember right, sometimes you needed to modify things in that spot's past to help your present and future.) I'm curious about DigiQuartz's origins now; is it a portal to a future? a fused parallel universe with unknown or non-existent time rules? If it's a parallel universe, is it somehow connected to (or affecting) other series' universes? Would it be like Kamen Rider Decade?

(Does anyone know where the confirmation or rumour about old DigiDestined appearing is from? I'm curious because I missed all of that and only caught wind of it through browsing forums)

The Watchman is sketch, but I really, really do like him. I wonder why he's gathering these kids to participate in the DigiHunt? I mean he outright asks Taiki to join in and tosses him the rule book before pulling a Gennai and disappearing. Methinks bigger forces at play here. It'll be interesting to learn why the other three accepted the Watchman's challenge.

(On that note, part of me wants The Watchman to be a Gennai-like character gone bad or something.)

On another note, more throwbacks to previous series it looks like. From the digital field's fog (Tamers) in episode 1 to the people getting sucked into computers (Adventure 02) in the episode 3 preview. :D

So far so good! I'm liking this series.

Also, "WE ARE XROS HEART" playing!

TMS
10-10-2011, 01:49 PM
(Does anyone know where the confirmation or rumour about old DigiDestined appearing is from? I'm curious because I missed all of that and only caught wind of it through browsing forums)

It comes from an ambiguously worded magazine article which says that characters from previous series would be appearing in Hunters. It could have meant characters from the first series of Xros Wars, or characters from series preceding Xros Wars.

Lhikan634
10-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Interesting episode, I gotta say! I love them bringing new, fresh Xroses into the mix as well. Also good to see the rest of Xros Heart appear. Wonder if there'll be anything important relating to them…? spoilers…

Also, a good consistent-animation this time from the looks of things. Also like seeing the Shoutmon-Gumdramon interactions, it's kinda funny! Oh, anyone else feel that Yuu and Tagiru might end up fighting like Matt's bro TK and Davis? (I mention Matt due to the longer hair)

Sagomon really put up a good fight, as is apropos. Reminds me a bit more about past series (especially Tamers) in which the fights were more drawn-out and realistic (and difficult to win).

TMS
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Looks like the purpose of the new DigiXros was to combine MetalTyrannomon's defense with Arresterdramon's speed. Ryouma mentioned needing a strategy to defeat Sagomon, so maybe we'll get some more of that later in the series.

You know, looking at Sagomon's belt, it looks more like it's made out of shrunken heads than skulls.

By the way, the Watchmaker's name as given on-screen is "Old Watch Store Owner."

garfield15
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
It comes from an ambiguously worded magazine article which says that characters from previous series would be appearing in Hunters. It could have meant characters from the first series of Xros Wars, or characters from series preceding Xros Wars.

Considering Riku Sanjo said in that interview that protagonists from the past series would appear, but it wouldn't be a focus like KR Decade and Gokaiger, I'm almost 90% sure that is what it means

TMS
10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
It's sort of hard to tell from Rainmon's notes on the interview.

dragonking555
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I liked this episodes as well.

Still undertones of mystery, Shoutmon is back and awesome as ever, and they give digixrosing a few guidelines to prevent it from getting out of hand like in Xros Wars. Also it really does seem that this season is using digixrosing more in the same sense as the Digi Modify by just adding temporarily some new powers to the digimon. Also they don't even seem to be naming the digixroses anymore either, calling it just "Xros Up".

I'm not sure how I feel about team Xros Heart from the previous season being used like this. It kind of undermines their character and I might have preferred if Taiki just found some new digimon for the hunt.

Anyways I really liked this episode and the direction the series is heading. I particularly like the mystery behind the true purpose of the Digimon Hunt and why the Watchmaker is eager to gather these "hunters" together.

garfield15
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM
And what a glorious Shoutmon return it was.

As loud as Tagiru is, I find him and Gumdramon surprisingly likable even though they're treating this Digimon Hunt as a game when it's clearly obvious that this is something bad. They're fun guys.

Yuu, please get Damemon back. I love how they subtly have the past return to Yuu like him calling Tagiru on him treating the Hunts as a game and how Damemon is still dead. I'm actually somewhat glad Damemon didn't come back to him immediately because it will make his eventual return that much sweeter.

Yeah, this mystery of what DigiQuartz is, what the Time keeper guy is doing with the Hunters and why Digimon keep disappearing to it and messing with humans is pretty gripping. I am curious to see where this plot is going.

TMS
10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Also it really does seem that this season is using digixrosing more in the same sense as the Digi Modify by just adding temporarily some new powers to the digimon.

Yeah, DigiXrosing here is very similar to Card Slash, though it has potential to be much more interesting.

Seventh
10-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Overall, good episode. Well animated, new and old music tracks blended together nicely, and I'm still loving Tagiru and Gumdramon.

Still not particularly happy with the "rules", but now that I've heard them myself and seen them in action, it looks like we'll at least get some interesting looking/functioning Xroses (or "Xros Ups"). Arresterdramon's DigiXros seems to be in the middle of a proper DigiXros (akin to the Shoutmon X series) and a "half" DigiXros (akin to that blasted Doruru Cannon), but if the new guys get changes as drastic as this one ones, it's more than enough to keep me happy.

One thing I'm worried about though: Shoutmon was the star of Xros Wars and really stood out on his own. Will his reign as kimg make him not only more like Taiki (as the end of the episode alluded to), returning to the old "Digimon = their humans but smaller and scalier" of seasons past?

So far, Shoutmon just seems a bit more mature (still a hotblood, thankfully) while Taiki is as level headed as ever, but on the other hand, Tagiru and Gumdramon - Gumdramon's totally lost that manipulative edge he had in the first ep that made him seem unique compared to the more go get 'em Tagiru (which was... reversed in this episode).

It's too soon to say, but I hope they manage to keep the Digimon separate from their humans like they did last time. I was really glad to see MetalTyrannomon out and about - pity he didn't talk, but I suppose Tagiru... might get to those eventually. Or, being XW2, this is just a faster way to give everything to Gumdramon without the huss and fuss of an army.

Speaking of too soon, am I the only one that thinks keeping Shoutmon back for a few more episodes might have helped a bit? ... And that they really should have made that Xros with Dorurumon a new one. Seriously, guys, no reason ONLY Arresterdramon should get the cool looking new things - Doruru Cannon and Sparrowmon's jet thing should have been like how Arresterdramon's doing it from the start.

TMS
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I was really glad to see MetalTyrannomon out and about - pity he didn't talk

Well, he wasn't exactly loquacious in episode 1, so it doesn't surprise me.

Seventh
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, he wasn't exactly loquacious in episode 1, so it doesn't surprise me.

... If they keep this up, though, Tagiru's entire army will have a battle cry of grunts and roars. Sagomon didn't even talk, did he?

Tyranno
10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
He spoke for a brief period, saying "You little...!"

YukiGreymon
10-10-2011, 10:35 PM
The kidnapped students seem to have actually benefited from being taken by Sagomon. I guess having their negative emotions absorbed actually REMOVES those emotions, in some sort of logical conservation of psyche that digimon usually doesn't have.

Although I expect this to be ignored when Allstardramon inevitably uses the emotion of a bunch of people who want him to win.

Seventh
10-10-2011, 10:53 PM
He spoke for a brief period, saying "You little...!"

Better than nothing! There's hope for him yet.

The kidnapped students seem to have actually benefited from being taken by Sagomon. I guess having their negative emotions absorbed actually REMOVES those emotions, in some sort of logical conservation of psyche that digimon usually doesn't have.

Although I expect this to be ignored when Allstardramon inevitably uses the emotion of a bunch of people who want him to win.

I'm not sure I would read too much into that, at least not in that respect. I'm expecting the "bad" Digimon running around have something wrong with them in some way (to cause them to do this in the first place, since five minutes later most of them are going to become allies).

More importantly, though, Digimon - even in Xros Wars - have been being influenced by emotions for a long, long time. Plus, when the good guys use it, it's not their "stealing" emotions (what Sagomon seems to have done), but more... channeling them?

solorachi
10-11-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm really becoming attached to this series with each episode. I finally watched it in the english sub, Sagomon is a total fighter and a strong opponent - but what I liked about this fight is that it took more than K.O like it usually did in Xros Wars. Taigiru went through a chou shinka and a Digi Xros to be able to defeat the guy even with the help of Shoutmon.

Ryouma, Ren and Airu continue to be stalkers - I hope we get some action from them soon enough in the future. Ryouma I feel might be the first to take a solo lead when the time comes for the battle of the Digital World.

The only thing that I'm not too fond of in this series is the new Xros Animation, in my opinion it's lost its flare - maybe due to budget...

- - -

With each episode as well, I get a few more hints to Savers for some reason.

1. The opening in the sequence when it shows Damemon, Shoutmon and Gumdramon - in the back there are all the Savers Digimon.

2. The Digiquartz ruin buildings look like some old civilisation, unless I need to get my eyes checked haha, due to it more probably just being the current human world.

3. The Watchman reminds me too much of Hiroshi from Savers, with his mysteriousness and handing out digivices...

Seventh
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
To be fair, Xros animations have been in decline since they started using them to circle around Taiki and Nene as opposed to showing the actual Digimon around halfway through the first series. Not only that, it seems like, interesting as Arresterdramon's Xroses look like they'll be, these are being treated like power ups instead of true transformations - I expect a Xros that gets treated as an evolution, like X2 and so on, will get a more proper sequence.

If we ever GET such a Xros, that is.

CloneWarrior
10-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Alright, so the human characters are named in the credits. I don't suppose anyone can aid in matching names to people based on their voices?

We know that Asami (voiced by Bandou Ai) is the girl who was kidnapped out of the computer room.

That leaves Endou Aya as Totsuka, Shiraishi Ryouko as "Upperclassman", Shouji Umeka as Hazuki Haruka, and Kikuchi Kokoro as "Boy".

I would guess that Hazuki Haruka (being the only character with a full name) is Mami's friend. Upperclassman is probably the guy at the start who was timing the swimming kid. He does sound like Mervamon.

Then I guess Totsuka would be the swimmer, seeing as he had enough lines to deserve a name. That would leave one of the two other kidnapped boys to be "Boy".

And upon checking the episode again, only one of them speaks, so that would be him.

Alright, I guess I didn't need any help with that after all.

Edit:

To be fair, Xros animations have been in decline since they started using them to circle around Taiki and Nene as opposed to showing the actual Digimon around halfway through the first series. Not only that, it seems like, interesting as Arresterdramon's Xroses look like they'll be, these are being treated like power ups instead of true transformations - I expect a Xros that gets treated as an evolution, like X2 and so on, will get a more proper sequence.

If we ever GET such a Xros, that is.

Why is everyone acting like we didn't get anything like Arresterdramon's Xros last series? Remember GrandisKuwagamon Honey Mode? There was actually less of the Honeybeemon on that thing than there is MetalTyranomon on the new Xros.

And not every DigiXros got a full transformation scene in Xros Wars. MetalGreymon never got a scene and he was one of the most used Xroses in the series.

Seventh
10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Why is everyone acting like we didn't get anything like Arresterdramon's Xros last series? Remember GrandisKuwagamon Honey Mode? There was actually less of the Honeybeemon on that thing than there is MetalTyranomon on the new Xros.
Because the heroes didn't. The heroes, who should be the ones getting the cool stuff, typically got crap like the Doruru Cannon and Jet Sparrow, or best of all, the Golemon Tail Club Thing. Even JetMervamon is really just Sparrowmon strapping himself to Mervamon's back.

Now, that said, you're absolutely right about the villains - I mean, look at MadLeomon's horrible mutation with Orochimon. There's lots of examples like that on the villain's side. However, I think at the end of the day, we'd all prefer a proper Shoutmon and Dorurumon/Sparrowmon/whoever combo than, say, a monster of the week fusing with his grunts. At least I would.

garfield15
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
So I don't know about you guys, but seeing MetalTyrannomon walk around in a little circle and sit down obediently was adorable as hell.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9250/1318361242335.jpg

It was like Digimon World

Seventh
10-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Agreed completely. We may not get full fledged armies, but I'll enjoy every bit of character the captured Digimon get. ;D

Sabrblade
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Now THAT is how fights in Xros Wars should be like. Careful and competent execution of Evolution, DigiXros, teamwork, strategy, and no OHKO'ing the enemy upon first achieving a new form.

Gumdramon didn't beat Sagomon
Gumdramon Super Evolved to Arresterdramon. Still didn't beat Sagomon.
Arresterdramon DigiXros'd with MetalTyrannomon. Still didn't beat Sagomon.
Shoutmon showed up. Still didn't beat Sagomon
Shoutmon Super Evolved to OmegaShoutmon and DigiXrosed with Dorulumon. Still didn't beat Sagomon, BUT...
After all this, Sagomon was finally weakened enough to, at last, be taken out by Arresterdramon.

These kinds of fights make for better entertainment than "Change to a new form --> attack --> kill --> The End" battles.

Seventh
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I think you're overestimating things, to be honest. Shoutmon made it pretty clear he was giving the win to Gumdramon - he specifically lured Sagomon out for Arresterdramon rather than really trying to fight himself. That's his mindset as a king and as Gumdramon's senior.

And Xros Wars' OHKOs aside, it still had some epic fights.

Sabrblade
10-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I think you're overestimating things, to be honest. Shoutmon made it pretty clear he was giving the win to Gumdramon - he specifically lured Sagomon out for Arresterdramon rather than really trying to fight himself. That's his mindset as a king and as Gumdramon's senior.

And Xros Wars' OHKOs aside, it still had some epic fights.
True. But I mean that I liked how it wasn't over in an instant like several other fights have been. I liked that they had a lot of good interaction between the humans and digimon, some ingenuity with multiple Evolutions and DigiXroses, and careful strategic planning weaved into the whole thing. It was great. 8)

Seventh
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Okay, I do agree with that. A good deal of the fights in the first series were quick, or they had the usual "good guys lose for a bit -> good guys transform -> good guys win" formula. Ironically, some of the best fights, I think, ended without a win OR loss; X4B's first appearance was cut short, and X4B again fought Tactimon... only for Tactimon to run away.

solorachi
10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
So I don't know about you guys, but seeing MetalTyrannomon walk around in a little circle and sit down obediently was adorable as hell.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9250/1318361242335.jpg

It was like Digimon World

Definitely one of my favourite scenes and one of the moments I thought they actually put consideration into the movement and embracing of an actual Digimon character since we've been given a lot of humanoid based ones recently.

digiboy123
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM

I know. I loved that part. :D

Tyranno
10-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Hrm.

Were Sagomon's yells done by Bin Shimada?

Seventh
10-11-2011, 11:09 PM
I was thinking Shigeru Chiba myself. Sounded just like Don Kanonji (back from when Bleach was good all those centuries ago) and this guy in the chair here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrtHz4qgO0) (fun fact: the duck kid is Damemon). Least to me, anyway - I wouldn't dare to claim to be a master of seiyuu any day.

Tyranno
10-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Just saying, his shouts sounded a lot like Starmon's.

WereGarurumon
10-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Technically speaking Shoutmon could have beaten Sagomon (he one-punched the kappa and it sends the enemy flying!), but he's very show-off and let his runt take care of it (notice how he taunts Arresterdramon to make him move).

solorachi
10-12-2011, 11:07 PM
I loved it when Taigiru actually had a warped expressed when he Sagomon for the first time. "A Kappa!"

WereGarurumon
10-13-2011, 05:31 AM
I was thinking Shigeru Chiba myself. Sounded just like Don Kanonji (back from when Bleach was good all those centuries ago) and this guy in the chair here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrtHz4qgO0) (fun fact: the duck kid is Damemon). Least to me, anyway - I wouldn't dare to claim to be a master of seiyuu any day.

From the episode it seems to be him... which reflects on what Riku Sanjo said. I wonder if Sagomon will talk later on.

Monox D. I-Fly
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Now THAT is how fights in Xros Wars should be like. Careful and competent execution of Evolution, DigiXros, teamwork, strategy, and no OHKO'ing the enemy upon first achieving a new form.

Gumdramon didn't beat Sagomon
Gumdramon Super Evolved to Arresterdramon. Still didn't beat Sagomon.
Arresterdramon DigiXros'd with MetalTyrannomon. Still didn't beat Sagomon.
Shoutmon showed up. Still didn't beat Sagomon
Shoutmon Super Evolved to OmegaShoutmon and DigiXrosed with Dorulumon. Still didn't beat Sagomon, BUT...
After all this, Sagomon was finally weakened enough to, at last, be taken out by Arresterdramon.

These kinds of fights make for better entertainment than "Change to a new form --> attack --> kill --> The End" battles.

Totally agree. I want the writers going with Frontier style of fighting, where deus ex machina rarely happens.
The only new evolution in Xros Wars which didn't OHKO the enemy was X7. >:(

Seventh
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey now, I don't think X4B did either. The SlashAngemon battle was pretty good (barring the end).

solorachi
10-13-2011, 11:14 PM
There were a few good memorable fights for Xros Wars, but most of them are forgotten amongst the OHKO fights sadly.

I'm really hoping this season makes up for it and seems to be doing that so far successfully. Having to train the Digimon to work with the General's battle style instead of using his head like Gumdramon did at the start will prove teamwork and perseverance will pay in the end - already noticed after this episode.

Monox D. I-Fly
10-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I hope they learn from Zero Two. In Adventure, almost all new evolution are deus ex machina. But in Zero Two, which is continuation of Adventure, its percentage was reduced about 50%. I remember how both Magnamon and Paildramon having a hard time during their first debut.

solorachi
10-14-2011, 12:05 AM
It's good to always have a mix of power levels, some exceeding in certain abilities such as tactics and speed, or power and defence to make more useful combos for future battles.

The Chaos Entity
10-14-2011, 01:06 AM
X4 and X4B didn't either.

Vande
10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Question, how the heck did someone get Allstardramon when it clearly sounds as Arresterdramon?

Rynnec
10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe they just thought Allstardramon sounded cooler? The name kinda makes sense, with Tagiru's dream to become a "Super Star" and all.

Sabrblade
10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Question, how the heck did someone get Allstardramon when it clearly sounds as Arresterdramon?
Who is this "someone" you are referring to? ???

TMS
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM
YukiGreymon, page 3.

Sabrblade
10-14-2011, 11:52 AM
YukiGreymon, page 3.
I took that as a joke on his part. :-\

Zeero
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
The romanization is similar, with Arresterdramon being "Aresutādoramon" and Allstardramon being "Ōrusutādoramon". Actually, in the show's context, Allstardramon makes more sense considering Gumdramon's desire to be Digimon Superstar, according to his profile.

Unknown Neo
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
No idea about that but I thought it was a good episode. Sagomon was a bit creepy but he's just a recolor really. heh Anyway, Useful Xros Gumdramon used.

The Chaos Entity
10-15-2011, 01:44 AM
I'd say redesign really, he's more the GeoGreymon to Shawjamon's Greymon, then MetalGreymon (Virus) to MetalGreymon (Vaccine)

Bakuryu Asuka
10-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Yes, more in vein of GeoGreymon. Kinda funny, given that GeoGreymon and Shawujinmon are both Savers Digimon.
And in case of MetalGreymon Vaccine would be the recolor.

Anyone else thinks, that Xrosed Up Arresterdramon takes some Design Elements from MegaloGrowmon?

Unknown Neo
10-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Thank you Chaos and I could see that BA. It does have heavy armor. Like the arms.

Monox D. I-Fly
10-16-2011, 06:02 AM
And in case of MetalGreymon Vaccine would be the recolor.

Anyone else thinks, that Xrosed Up Arresterdramon takes some Design Elements from MegaloGrowmon?

A bit off topic, but MetalGreymon vaccine is indeed a recolor. I'm starting to mean MetalGreymon (Xros Wars)if I mention MetalGreymon, call the vaccine one as RealMetalGreymon, just like in several media, and the virus one as MetalGreymon L, since he was the first one to be released.

Regarding Xrossed up Arresterdramon, that's why I thought I've ever seen that mouthplated dragon somewhere. Thank you, Bakuryu Asuka

The Chaos Entity
10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
A bit off topic, but MetalGreymon vaccine is indeed a recolor. I'm starting to mean MetalGreymon (Xros Wars)if I mention MetalGreymon, call the vaccine one as RealMetalGreymon, just like in several media, and the virus one as MetalGreymon L, since he was the first one to be released.

Me too, and I know which one came first, I usualy call the Vaccine RealMetalGreymon and have for a while.

Lhikan634
10-16-2011, 02:47 PM
@ Monox (earlier): Though I somewhat disagree on what you're calling a DEM, I do agree about the longer battles being more entertaining. It's like… more like real life. I believe there is indeed a God who wants us to succeed in good things (I'd think more than just having a good career and all that), and while He does hand us some things (parallel this to new evos) we also have to accept it and be responsible with what's been given to us to achieve these good things (parallel this to winning the fight). Well, and also that the "good fight" in life typically involves a whole lot more face-planting than some Digimon series have shown in battles.

This was really great to see in both episodes. First Gumdramon has his freaking tail bit off entirely (ok, the hammer part…) and is almost eaten, and now it takes even an Arresterdramon Xros and ΩShoutmon Xros to beat Sagomon. I'd also say, it looks sort of like Shoutmon is training Gumdramon as Taiki and Yuu are training Tagiru. Which really makes sense, what with their experience and all. With the eventual 3-person team coming up, a chain's only as strong as its weakest link, so Shoutmon and Damemon (eventually) will likely play sidecar until Tagiru and Gumdramon are nice and strong. (Something tells me possibly for a 3-way xros, but that's just theory at the mo').

O-T: Regarding RealMetalGreymon, I do believe, though, that name has only been used a time or two. Personally, I'd use MetalGreymon (XW / Va / Vi). I do know this is why the DMA has removed the listing for RealMetalGreymon. It was originally used merely to differentiate the vaccine variant from the originally-created viral variant.

TMS
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, the two MetalGreymon L's are both just MetalGreymon, I think, differentiated by their attributes. TrueMetalGreymon (I think RealMetalGreymon is a dub name) has more powerful attacks than the standard Vaccine MetalGreymon.

Monox D. I-Fly
10-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, the two MetalGreymon L's are both just MetalGreymon, I think, differentiated by their attributes. TrueMetalGreymon (I think RealMetalGreymon is a dub name) has more powerful attacks than the standard Vaccine MetalGreymon.

The name came in Digimon Card Arena, and as far as I could remember, even the Japanese version called it R-MetalGreymon.

The Chaos Entity
10-17-2011, 02:54 AM
I've heard of the orginal as TrueMetalGreymon as well

Inpu
10-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Digimon Life:
*The blue version is "MetalGreymon (DIGIMON Ver.1)".
*The X version is "MetalGreymon X-Antibody".
*The new version is "MetalGreymon".

Jintrix:
*The blue and orange versions are "MetalGreymon L".
*The new version is "MetalGreymon".

The Chaos Entity
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
That sounds right, haha