PDA

View Full Version : Xros Wars YH Episode 1 (55): We Are, the Digimon Hunters!

Vande
09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Xros Wars Episode 55 (Young Hunters Episode 1) Premiere

Episode thread for Episode 55 (Young Hunters Episode 1), will be unlocked before airring.

Air Time
6.30am Sunday - (JST) - Japan
10.30pm Saturday - (BST) - UK
05:30pm Saturday (EST) - East Coast
04:30pm Saturday (CST) - Central
02:30pm Saturday (PST) - West Coast

No spoilers past this episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Vande
10-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Opening the topic as the episode airs today in Japan. No posting until during/after the episode please.

Going to try something new for Young/Boy hunters. For the next episode preview, please use the Episode 2 thread. I just want to see if it will work better.

Devkyu
10-01-2011, 03:01 PM
That... was just awesome. I managed to snag some pixelated screenshots, I'll see if I can get a handful of them up.

Character Time!
Tagiru is Derpy Hooves... in human form... with an obsession for arcades.
Gumdramon is a manipulative bastard!
MetalTyranomon is "omnomnomnom".
The new hunters are seriously the Alias III.
And there's this old man who stole the Monitamon's airtime.
Arresterdramon... totally not just the bastard child of Fladramon and Vritramon!

And now for a summary...
Woohoo! New theme song! It's good. RELEASE THE CD ALREADY!! A... lot of basket ball scenes though...
-It's Taiki playing basketball! And Yuu! And... This derpy kid! ...Oh wait, it's just Tagiru.
-Apparently blunt force trauma due to stupidity is normal for Tagiru. Is that his sister bitching at him pretending to be Akari?
-And now they're at an arcade. Tagiru is... probably one of those kids that will end up living in his parents basement playing Halo in a few years.
--Tagiru: GTF AWAY FROM MY GAME I AM AWESOME.
--Yuu: ...Your hands. Remove them or I will snap your neck like a twig.

-There goes the Alias III!
-Aaaand there goes Tagiru after them.
-It's the first episode of Tamers! I mean... no, it's just MetalTyranomon.
-Hideto--er, Ryouma is kicking its ass! Hug it with fury, Astamon!
-Sigma and Mari join in with the cheerleading!
-Tagiru has no sense of reality! ... And Gumdramon is going to rape him.
-And now a creepy old man! (Tagiru: I NEED AN ADULT... and a xros loader ;__;)
-Yuu does the smart thing and goes and gets Taiki.
-Gumdramon has the GENIUS idea of kicking the crap out of MetalTyranomon. However, he's kind of an idiot.
-And it's Tagiru for the save! Heartwarming moment <3... NOW TIME TO DIE!!
-Badass evolution sequence! And Now some more asskicking. Metal-T gets owned. Hard.
-The Alias III are most definitely not stalkers. Not at all.
-Oh looks, it's Taiki and Yuu! What are you doing here?
-And... Gumdramon proceeds to piss himself in terror at the mention of Shoutmon, the Digimon King :3.

NEXT EP! ... Okay, so we still don't get an ending theme. Crap.

Absolute Zero
10-01-2011, 03:10 PM
- So.. Mami is like Tagiru's Akari?
- So they make the Opening not the first thing we'll see just like first arc of Xros Wars
- I prefer New World than Stand Up
- Ryouma is quite evil looking when he meet Taiki
- The spoiler said that Gumdramon is dying like Shoutmon, but he seems okay when he meet Tagiru <.<
- Tagiru watched Astamon fighting MetalTyranomon, nice to see Astamon animated, but the MetalTyranomon escaped
- I don't like Tagiru... too energetic...
- So the new "Gate Open" is "Time Machine"
- Gumdramon is really a bubblegum and rubber.....
- Airu is... flirty.... and Tagiru seems to not be able to resist it either....
- The chou shinka to Arresterdramon definitely from Spirit Evolution
- Arresterdramon's attack look cool
- Glad that it seems the annoying text appear when a Digimon used an attack is just a simple white text now
- The defeated MetalTyranomon looked a lot like in Frontier, there's some circle on him
- So is Tagiru get MetalTyranomon's data or he get MetalTyranomon as his collection?
- When Taiki and Yuu arrived in Digiquartz Shoutmon talked via Taiki's XL and Gumdramon is frightened LOL
- Glad to see that Digimon Analyzer thingy is back (XW arc 1 style)
- And DigiXros on first episode... GumClockmon(?)

- Next week it's ShawujinmonSagomon
- Seems Arresterdramon got DigiXrosed because his head look different.

NekoHaruko
10-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I really liked this episode. I hope it keeps up.

I like Tagiru's hot headed attitude. I miss that! Kind of reminds me of Daisuke. =D
Tomoki/Shippo sounds cute on Gumdramon. And we find out Gum in Gumdramon does actually mean Gum. Sorry, Pazuzu...
Evolution sequence is back! The evolution activation actually reminds me of a fic someone wrote. A Adventure 3/2.5 fic. The evolution activation was about the same.
Airu's hilarious with her flirting with Tagiru. lol

Edit: I just remembered. I'm pissed how Nene and the other didn't at least APPEAR. Maybe next episode.
Yuu was hilarious. I really like his character. ^^

Nicole1725
10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Tagiru is like the Black Star of Digimon. D: He's a bit annoying... More like really annoying... =_= At least his Digimon is cool and seems like a sort of troublemaker. I like how it is afraid of Shoutmon.

Tyranno
10-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I was right.

Tagiru is a spaz.

AND ARRESTERDRAMON'S TAIL SPITS DRAGONS

The Chaos Entity
10-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Was the new insert used?

Devkyu
10-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Was the new insert used?

There was a vocal during the evolution scene, but KHtv is really crappy, so I couldn't tell if it was "Tagiru Chikara" or not.

The Chaos Entity
10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
There was a vocal during the evolution scene, but KHtv is really crappy, so I couldn't tell if it was "Tagiru Chikara" or not.

Thanks brah.

cutejana17
10-01-2011, 03:44 PM
-WHAHAHA that basketball game reminds me of Xros Wars's first ep!! xD
-their jersey has the Xros Heart symbol =D
-EPIC SHOOT TAGIRU!! xD
-LOL that girl & Tagiru reminds me of Taiki & Akari way back xD
-WHEEE I thought Kumamon talked when Gumdramon did
-RYOUMA!!!!!!!!! xD
-WHEE!!! THE NEW OP!!! The intro's so epic!! xD
-ARRESTERDRAMON'S SO EPIC IN THE OP!! =D
-Ooh an arcade game!! Of course Yuu's great at those things Tagiru >: D xD
-REN!! And he has a Xros Loader! O_O
-He went inside the portal where Ren escaped!
-Is this DigiQuartz...?
-The Digimon Hunters! O_O
-Gumdramon hiding Tagiru from the Hunters' sight!! Ooh he really reminds me of V-mon xD
-LOL Tagiru!! And Gumdramon's just like the old Shoutmon (he even imitated how Shoutmon talks) =D
-Astamon!
-WHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tagiru's so optimistic xD
-LOL he's like DAISUKE!! xD
-RYOUMA, DON'T REMIND ME OF KIRIHA-KUN... YOU'RE IMITATING HIM ARGGGH xD
-I suppose that old man's VA is Ballistamon's VA (who is Takeshi Kusao xD)
-Now Tagiru got his Xros Loader!
-OOH a new function of the Xros Loader! Which reminds me so much of Tamers xD
-I just love the instrumental version of Stand Up <3
-LOL Tagiru almost fell on a pit xD
-Gumdramon attacking the MetalTyrannomon!
-And now Tagiru's even imitating Taiki's "Hottokenai" habit xD
-Gumdramon Chou-shinka!! Arresterdramon!! EPIC <3
-WOOHOO "Tagiru Chikara" seems upbeat!!!
-So awesome!! I just love Arresterdramon <3
-YAY THE GENERALS (only Taiki & Yuu -__-") =D
-And the new duo learns that Taiki is Shoutmon's partner... WHEEEE xD
-DEJIMON DETA KORREKUSHON!! Oh wait... it's a new one already T____T
-LOL RANDOM GUMDRAMON & CLOCKMON DIGIXROS xD

[hr]
~Next Episode~

-WOOHOO!! Shoutmon's back!
-More Arresterdramon action!
-Sagomon!

Deviate
10-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Who is the person in green next the Pyschemon in the final shot of the opening?

Tyranno
10-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Who is the person in green next the Pyschemon in the final shot of the opening?

No idea, but he has a Dobermon.

garfield15
10-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Okay, let's get this started

-New OP. Very calm. It sounded...okay, but I don't think I like this new turn to softer instrumentals. On the plus side, the instrumental version of it with the Saxophones is GLORIOUS. I'd want to own that. Also the DIGITAL MONSTER callback to the old days of Digimon was sweet

-No ED Song AGAIN. But, we got Psychic Lover. The Psychic Lover insert was AWESOME. I also heard some of the older XW tracks

-Okay, so this will be focusing on jumping between the Real World and DigiQuartz which involves time travel which apparently is between both worlds....'Kay.

-Tagiru, I don't know what to think of him yet. Hot-blooded protags can be fun to watch and this kid was a reaction-face goldmine but how can they calm that annoyance into a good character? We'll have to see. (Also, this Mami friend of his? Totally not an Akari expy)

-Gumdramon on the other hand...oh man. This guy. This freaking Digimon. He is a short little d-bag. He is literally the jerkiest main Digimon to be with the main character. He was using Tagiru and deceived him straight-up just so he could escape....and I love that I love how this guy has his personality out-right and I love how he's scared of the Digimon King. It's cool how they became bros at the end. Can he surpass him as best partner in my mind though?

-Taiki's still Taiki, but it's so weird to not see him for half the episode. Yuu is turning into a good character too. I see he inherited his sister's trolling.

-Ryoma is very classy. He's clearly the rival, but he's no Kiriha or Yamato. He seems closer to Touma but even more assured of himself. He's basically a junior businessman as a Digimon Hunter. Ren was...shady, not much to say about that. Airu was WOW! JUST WOW! I can't wait to see more of her.

-But to be honest, I have literally no idea what's going on. This was straightfoward for a first episode, but it sure leaves a lot of questions of what is happening and where is the story going. But, ah, they're keeping DigiXros. But this is quite different from before I ssee

Overall...I liked it. Wasn't as explosive as XW's first episode though, but it was far far more concise to where it was going and setting up a mystery. Looking forward to two, but the characters need to start getting along fast. And start showing the older characters too darn it! I don't want to worry whether or not they'll show up

Let's hope Wild Bunch liked it too....

EDIT: You know what was really classy and fitting? Jazz music starting up when Astamon showed up

Bartz
10-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Pretty good way to start off the series, it introduce us to the concept so that we can adjust to the show before we dive right in with the next few episodes.

Thoughts:
-I like the new intro, it had a few throwbacks to the older series, though it seems the primary one is Tamers. The song is pretty good, though it's a lot softer than the past six series.
-Wow, just wow at Tagiru. Hot-blooded doesn't even begin to describe him, he's like Daisuke if he became even more eccentric.
-Gumdramon, you cute mischievous little digimon, I have a feeling I'm going to love you by the end of this series. I loved the part where he was absolutely terrified at the mere mention of Shoutmon, just what the hell did he do to piss off the Digimon King?
-As for his evolution, I really like its design and his attacks look pretty cool. Also liked the new evolution scene, it looks reminiscent of some of the older series.
-That watchman, it's going to be interesting to see how his story unfolds.

ankokudaishogun
10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I like Tagiru, he seems a "Daisuke done well". Also, nice contrast with both Taiki and Yu.
Taiki notes how Mami calls Yu "Yu-sama", by the way.

Ryoma is pretty awesome, as is Astamon. Gumdramon is cool, too: he reminds a little of Metabee.
Opinions on Ren and MariAiru are pending, waiting for more episodes- overall, a good starting episode, though I'm waiting for sub for the definitive.

I'm also waiting for Akari, GengoroZenjiro and Nene to show up. I'm somehow expecting Nene's entrance being her trolling Airu hard.

tomon
10-01-2011, 10:27 PM
i kinda found it odd that Taiki and Yuu still have their xros loaders xD idk, but for some reason, i thought they disappeared. which could also mean that Nene and Kiriha still have their xros loaders as well.

Deviate
10-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Some things I noticed from the opening.

- The image of watchman looking up and holding his Xros Loader. The shot pulls out and you see Clockmon's face. The shot pulls out even more and you see the shadow of a Digimon(?).

- The part where Shoutmon, Gumdramon, and Damemon's Toei art is in the yellow circle, before evolving. The Digimon in the background all appeared in Digimon Savers. All, except for one, being lead Digimon in Savers.

Seeing the watchman's hands...for some reason the first thing that came in my mind is that this guy is Gokuwmon.

How did Taiki know how to use his Xros Loader to see MetalTyrannomon?

KaenKazui
10-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Normally I would probably hate Tagiru. Normally. Now, after Taiki, I really love him. Because he fails, and fails, and fails, and fails again. This is... Amazing.
Even though I honestly wonder, how they will go for not letting him be pwnd by Taiki all the time.

And I like Gumdramon. I like his design and his character as well.

The Watchman is so what a bad guy. He could easily carry a shield around saying: "Hey, I am totally a bad guy and will fight you later on. Till then I am gonna spy on you and use you for my purpose!"

And I like the DigiQuartz. Also the whole concept reminds me of a mixture of Tamers and Savers all the way.

garfield15
10-02-2011, 02:34 AM
How did Taiki know how to use his Xros Loader to see MetalTyrannomon?

Well he's had the thing for a yeah. Probably tinkered with it.

Otherwise, it's the "new season, new functions and older characters can use them somehow" thing you see in children's shows sometimes

Garmmon
10-02-2011, 02:51 AM
I feel like Yuu fits basketball but Tagiru looks more like a soccer person to me...oh wait, that's like 02.
I don't hate the OP, but it feels too gentle for the OP of a kids show about fighting monsters.

Gumdramon is pretty cute, and damn I love Arresterdramon's design so freaking much. <3

garfield15
10-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Is this premise reminding anybody else of Persona?

The Chaos Entity
10-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Persona 4? Yes, very.

Lord Starfish
10-02-2011, 09:56 AM
...I must admit, I don't really share you guys' enthusiasm for this first episode. Tagiru seems a little too hyperactive and rash, Gumdramon didn't particularly impress me, and on the whole this just had the same problem as the first episode of Savers did for me in that it didn't really feel much like a Digimon-series. Also, no sign of Akari, Zenjirou, Kiriha or Nene? Not even a mention? I'm not inherently against them shifting the focus to a new set of main characters, but could we at least aknowledge that the former mains still exist?

Also, I never particularly cared for New World, but this opening honestly seemed even more uninspired. Me wants Kouji Wada back!!! ...Though I suppose that's a silly complaint considering how the previous season gave us more Wada-songs than any other Digimon-series before it...

But yeah, I'll still keep watching, but so far, I'm not impressed.

tomon
10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
...I must admit, I don't really share you guys' enthusiasm for this first episode. Tagiru seems a little too hyperactive and rash, Gumdramon didn't particularly impress me, and on the whole this just had the same problem as the first episode of Savers did for me in that it didn't really feel much like a Digimon-series. Also, no sign of Akari, Zenjirou, Kiriha or Nene? Not even a mention? I'm not inherently against them shifting the focus to a new set of main characters, but could we at least aknowledge that the former mains still exist?

Also, I never particularly cared for New World, but this opening honestly seemed even more uninspired. Me wants Kouji Wada back!!! ...Though I suppose that's a silly complaint considering how the previous season gave us more Wada-songs than any other Digimon-series before it...

But yeah, I'll still keep watching, but so far, I'm not impressed.
i agree with you on some parts. Gumdramon seemed so interesting at first, but after 5 mins of watching, he didn't impress me as much as Shoutmon. i can tell he's not going to be my fav digimon for this season. as for the old characters, im sure they'll be back, not sooner but later. i was pretty disappointed that there was no mention of them at all in the first episode, but it might come around.

anyways, i loved the new opening. and like i said in another forum, Kouji Wada can't always do an opening for every new digimon season or arc. its nice to have someone new for a change, as it keeps things fresh. and also, i heard this on another forum that greatly $%@&##ed me off. Digimon is not just a boys-show, the opening can be whatever it wanted, girls watch it too. plus, its Japan, not America, so of course some openings for "boy-esque" animes aren't going to be some rock, outrageously pop, or metal music.

Lord Starfish
10-02-2011, 11:16 AM
anyways, i loved the new opening. and like i said in another forum, Kouji Wada can't always do an opening for every new digimon season or arc. its nice to have someone new for a change, as it keeps things fresh. and also, i heard this on another forum that greatly $%@&##ed me off. Digimon is not just a boys-show, the opening can be whatever it wanted, girls watch it too. plus, its Japan, not America, so of course some openings for "boy-esque" animes aren't going to be some rock, outrageously pop, or metal music.

I never said it needed to be a badass rock song. Nor did I say anything about this new opening being "girly". I simply said that I think it sounds uninspired. And I didn't literally mean that it needs to be sung by Kouji Wada to be good, just that compared to all his songs, this one just doesn't compare.

Seymour Butz
10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh my God the Tamers. The sheer degree to which Young Hunters mimicked the look and feel of its decade-old predecessor had me spinning in my rolling chair. Let us just start with the opening:

1. Rushing through a shadow-filled plaza;
2. Focusing on an iconic local skyscraper;
3. Great big orb of data;
4. A silhouette of the main character's digimon roars and transitions into a pixelated logo;
5. The pose;
6. Shadows of the human characters as their digimon show off;
7. Two showcase sequences of the digimon;
8. Shot of the Digital World;
9. A fucking Dobermon are you kidding me!?

And then of course there was the episode, with Metal Tyrannomon and all sorts of weird digital phenomena. I was afraid that this might end up being a little bit more like 02, in which the kids make periodic trips to DigiQuartz, but they actually seem to be playing it somewhere between that and the digital fields of Tamers, which frankly, is absolutely perfect. It allows for variety and creativity from episode to episode like the digital fields, while still offering the opportunity to build a comprehensive alternate universe like in 02. This sort of blending seems like it will be a recurring theme: The digi×ros with Metal Tyrannomon next episode seems kind of like the card slash modifications of Tamers, which is frankly the right role for most digi×roses in my opinion. In the long run, it should also allow for more digi×roses of Omega Shoutmon that do not feed directly back into the × 4 line, so that is nice too.

So far, Young Hunters seems to have left everything that I disliked about ×ros Wars behind it … which has in turn given rise to my greatest fear, which is that it might leave everything that I liked about ×ros Wars behind it. The cast of the former series is nowhere to be seen aside from Taiki and Yuu, not even in the shadows of the opening sequence. That has me worried that even in the long term, they might have extremely marginal (or for the secondary characters, even nonexistent) roles. Remember that this is the guy who directed Tamers trying to duplicate Tamers, and Tamers was the first show to break the continuity of Adventure. That being said, we have the whole show left, and one thing that Tamers did better than any other series was elevate its minor characters to interesting and vital roles later in the show. With the huge background of ×ros Wars characters from which they can pull, Young Hunters might even surpass Tamers in that regard. Keep your fingers crossed, folks. This coming year is going to be extremely interesting.

Oh, and as to the question that a lot of people are asking: Yes, it is happening.

Tsum
10-02-2011, 02:29 PM
My initial impression of Tagiru was "...eh." Although I guess we have to have someone almost completely opposite of Taiki since he's still sticking around.

I found myself expecting another car to be jutting out the side of the building, but I guess we had to settle for a 'monster invisible to the naked eye except for the actions that he's causing' moment instead. I was definitely more interested in the new opening than the episode overall though, but I'm certain that'll pass when we get more crazy explosions, evolutions, and plot though. Speaking of the opening, it was kind of nice how it had a very Tamers-y feel. I also liked how we got a Tamers/Frontier-like final shot in the opening where all of the known (and soon to be known) tamers are all surrounding a globe but also pointing their Xros Loaders outward.

Also, finally seeing an animated Astamon was nice... though I'm hoping he doesn't have one of those voices that seem fine for the Child stage, but sound completely off in the evolved form like Gumdramon seems to have. That scene in the arcade seems to have music going that vaguely reminds me of Digimon World 4...

In any case, the episode overall was alright. Here's hoping this next year or so will be entertaining. :)

TMS
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM
DIGIMON: BROUGHT TO YOU BY MCDONALD'S

Well, most of it has already been said. Tagiru is annoying as hell, and "Stand Up" is even more boring than "New World".

The opening sequence is interesting. Odd that the Digimon at the title is Ornismon.

- The image of watchman looking up and holding his Xros Loader. The shot pulls out and you see Clockmon's face. The shot pulls out even more and you see the shadow of a Digimon(?).

Looking at the HQ version, the shadow doesn't look exactly like that of any known Digimon. HOWEVER, it bears some resemblence to Chronomon DM, who would perfect as a villain, given its power and how well it fits with the Watchmaker's time motif.

Seeing the watchman's hands...for some reason the first thing that came in my mind is that this guy is Gokuwmon.

It’s hard not to notice the resemblance between the Watchmaker and Gokuwmon. It wouldn’t surprise me to find them the same being, and/or that the Watchmaker is using the Hunters to gather Digimon for some sinister purpose (to revive a certain Super Ultimate Digimon?).

Izumi and Nene better look out; Airu's going to break some records when it comes to fanservice.

It's pretty clear now that Gumdramon's name comes from the plastic nature of his body, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was also a pun as Pazuzu suggested. So far I'm really liking both him and Arresterdramon, much moreso than his human partner.

Overall, I like the series so far. I don't like Tagiru, but he may grow on me. I also don't care for those little blush circles on the cheeks of the characters. Yuu had them in one scene, and Tagiru and Airu seem to have them perpetually.

---

MetalTyrannomon: "I have a big head, and tiny arms."

onkeikun
10-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't think the episode was that bad. I love this sort of animation, but I'm girly like that. I also know this animation isn't going to last. Tagiru is plain annoying to the point that he incites violence in me, but he's meant to grow by taking care of his likewise dumb partner, so I can see where his development is heading and I can deal with that. Gumdramon reminds me of Impmon. I'm more interested in seeing Damemon and Yuu's reunion. Frankly, they're the only two characters I care about right now. The previous characters look like their "use" has been wrung out so I'm not expecting them to be back, but I would like a mention on what they're up to. It's strange to see Akari mothering Taiki in one series and then poof! disappearing even though his severely protective streak only got worse with time. I can only hope this means Akari finally got herself a life outside of Taiki.

I like "Stand Up" but that's probably because I had to listen to it over and over and the lyrics grew on me.

I'm not exactly sure what the conflict of this series is supposed to be, but hopefully the last boss isn't Bugra reincarnated.

TMS
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the conflict of this series is supposed to be, but hopefully the last boss isn't Bugra reincarnated.

lol. Shoutmon did tell Bagramon in 54 that if he ever reappeared they would stop him again.

AlforceVeedramon
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
why am I getting bad vibes regarding all the old characters sans Taiki and Yuu? It feels a lot like the second Medabots show where everybody sans Ikki, Metabee, and Arika disappeared without a trace. You would think at LEAST Nene would show up considering her brother is a main character!

Anyway, barring that, I have a really good feeling about this season so far. It feels like they took Xros Wars, 02, Tamers, V-Tamer, and a pinch of Frontier and blended them all together. I'm really excited to see how they use the collected hunted Digimon data in Xroses as the preview for the next episode suggests.

Lhikan634
10-02-2011, 09:04 PM
WHOOOOOO

OK, so many allusions to past series here:

Adventure:
•erm… so far, nothing that screams "Adventure" specifically, aside from basic Digimon commonalities
•I guess Psychemon as Gabumon and Opossumon as Gatomon

V-Tamer:
• "Alias III" - which is actually a cool thing :D

Zero-Two:
• Gumdramon's personality reminds me of Veemon a bit. Somewhat rash, energetic. I'm kind of glad. They also do enough to make them distinct personalities, which is also good :D

Tamers:
•MetalTyrannomon first episode
• minor detail, but those multi-color things are like the computer in Tamers episode 1 (slightly…)
• Ring around the X-Loader (a pocket full of Gum-dramon) :P
•D-Ark digimon locator dealy
• the human poses in the intro
•the use of more silhouettes than we'll ever actually see
•DIGIMON IN THE ALLEYWAYS OF THE REAL WORLD!!!
• intro: world as a globe in the sky (which world, though… hmmm…)
• though minor, Astamon appears to be based as a possible Beelzemon pre-evo (gun by same maker, spiked shoes)

Frontier:
• again, the poses
• apparent roar / pain in evo, as in beast-spirit evo
• data ring around the hands for evo…
• and data ring around the defeated digimon
•the potential original idea of other, non-main humans evo'ing (the cast with Angemon)
•Ren wears a Tomoki-hat, which seemed influenced by T.K. in Adventure. Mebe an anti-TK character?

Savers:
• the Watchman giving a X-Loader digivice
• the digimon in the intro pre-evo

Xros Wars:
• starts with a B-Ball game
• new Akari character just for Tagiru
• green-eyes white dragon haired dude like Kiriha Mark II
• and, um… it's a continuation, duh!

Personally, I feel this was more of an intro episode to the new characters than anything else. We do see Nene and Kiriha at the very, very beginning after all ;)

Tagiru somehow makes me think "crazy monkey king" looking at him… possibly the music played when he snorts steam… ::)

Taiki seems to have matured in his character. I say that since he seems a lot more controlled now. Think how Tai and Matt changed from Adventure to Zero-Two.

Intro: Ornismon ??? What's he doing there?!?

Intro: um… I'm SO having deja-vu on this one… tough I had the same for Frontier. I think I had a dream concerning a strange-ish new Digimon series (in the dream, or dreams, years ago, the shows were quite amazing! Tho nothing identical has shown up yet… too bad I can't remember the digimon designs otherwise I'd send them in… one may have resembled either ΩShoutmon or Tsuwamon, all I remember is a gilded body…)

Yasyamon appears to be treated as an Ultimate / Perfect for Dracmon. Goodie-goodie. Also, for those not seeing how those are related… Yasyamon's based on some form of demon… thing. It actually fits Dracmon fairly well TBH.

Astamon was a good choice as well…

I'm positive Ren is an anti-TK. He wears a hat similar to Adventure TK (and Tomoki, who screamed "TK reincarnate!" to me), his digimon is bat-based (vampires' link to bats), but instead of personifying light the digimon personifies darkness (vampires as demonic, and then Yasyamon as demonic). He'll probably end up being like Kouichi, eventually turning good while keeping dark-attribute stuff.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! :D Very "Digimon" (Tamers) in style.

garfield15
10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Now that I (kinda) had a translation of the episode, I love Gumdramon even more. He's a tiny little jerkass

And Ren is more prone to a fight than it seems.

dragonking555
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Two things I absolutely love about this new season.

#1- Tagiru is the Anti-Taiki. Where Taiki was perfect and flawless, Tagiru is a clumsey headstrong oaf who is desperate to prove himself as good as Taiki and not a loser. Now this is a character I'm interested in seeing develop (providing of coarse that they do develop his character).

#2- How they readapted the Digixros WITHOUT an army. So far it seems like rather than getting the digimon as a member of the team, instead they get the defeated digimon's data that can then be used to xros with their partner. Cutting out the middle man might make this a much tighter and better characterized season.

Other things I liked included Yuu's relationship with Tagiru (similar to T.K and Davis). I also really like the character of Gumdramon who seems like a devilish little digimon who seeks power. He is another character that will be interesting to watch develope. Not only that but his digivolution is awesome as well.

Things I didn't like-

#1- Annoying animation. The constant fire blazing in the eyes and Tagiru's animation got a little irritating at times.

Overall though, I thought that this first episode was far superior to Xros Wars first episode which suffered from character dumping and general simplicity. Here they have a nice complex concept that is unique and cool. Digiquartz and the idea of some sort of "hunt" going on is both intriguing and interesting. The addition of character with room to grow is also a nice plus. There is a lot of mystery here as well. What is Digiquartz, where did it come from, who is the watchmaker, who are these other kids, why are they hunting Digimon, and most of all what real threat is here?

Totally looking foreword to this season.

P.S. for you haters of this new opening, you all need too listen to more good ol' fashion jazz. When they inserted it into the show at times, I was loving it.

X-Antibody
10-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Found a subbed one 8D Loving it so far, the characters and smoother-looking style makes it so much more fun to watch. Liked Tagiru within the first minute, he's so hyper! I'm guessing DigiQuartz is what Shoutmon made the Digital World into. The Watchmaker and his supply of blank xros loaders is a mystery begging to be answered.

WereGarurumon
10-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Using the captured mons like a tool though, is pretty hilarious and ironic, since the recurring theme last season was "believe in your comrades and treat them like people rather than tools".

Vande
10-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Now that i've seen the episode:

- The OP is too bad, i'm liking the animation of it.

- I'm not liking the Tamers vibes that i'm getting from the episode. It's the same feeling I had when I first watched Tamers (that didn't bode too well). But yet I will watch this season to the end.

Heh, I have to wonder what Gumdramon has done to look so fearful of the even name of Shoutmon XD

dragonking555
10-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Now that i've seen the episode:

- I'm not liking the Tamers vibes that i'm getting from the episode. It's the same feeling I had when I first watched Tamers (that didn't bode too well). But yet I will watch this season to the end.

Well I guess your bad vibe is my good vibe then, because even though Adventure is my favorite, Tamers was a close second with the most complex and well defined narrative structure out of all the seasons.

Personally I see those similarities as well but I'm enjoying them. I'm liking the flawed characters, the mystery, the slower pacing, and way they adapted Digixrosing to be more like the card modifications from Tamers. Perhaps it's those similarities that had me liking that first episode so much. Either way I can't wait for the subbed version of the next episode to come out.

Using the captured mons like a tool though, is pretty hilarious and ironic, since the recurring theme last season was "believe in your comrades and treat them like people rather than tools

Yeah that's pretty funny, but I think that they are just using the digimon's captured data too digixros and not the digimon itself, but then again I haven't seen the latest episode so that's just theory.

Unknown Neo
10-07-2011, 04:35 PM
For the ones who read this, here's the first new one of the series.

Now that we have a new season, here's the first ep.

So, explaining what happened last ep it's been a year since.

We have 8th grade Taiki and his Street B-ball team Xros Heart.

And 7th grade Yuu is on the team.

Now we have also 7th grade Tagiru.

He seems to be hot heaeded or excitable. Oh hey, there's shadow with eyes in the back of the crowd.

So this kid, he hits one of the other team and hits the backboard. With his face.

Taiki comes up and saves the ball to dunk.

A small blow out at the end of the game and this kid Tagiru is resting, until he wakes up.

A girl named Mami pours water on his head and yells at him about Taiki and Yuu-sama winning it.

Heh. Taiki isn't that dense about girls. If it's not his girls.

Yuu is blushing but says how Tagiru wasn't helpful. But, he's reminds Taiki of Shoutmon.

Whoa. The area just went wacky.

And there's that shadow with eyes again.

Now that guy, who is a guy, Ryouma tells Taiki to stay out of this. Ryouma is the andro looking guy.

And that look makes him look creepy. So Taiki, being Taiki, should stay out of this loud hunt that starts now.

Now he's gone. Taiki is confused.

Intro!

Tagiru's playing pinball. Or is it Pachinko. I'm pretty sure it's Pinball.

He wishes he could outdo Taiki just once.

Yuu sneaks up and says there's no chance.

So, our new old Yuu, even if he's a top student, he's going to be in a card tournament.

I know this is probably a Digimon card game so I'll skip the reference to Yugioh.

But wow, Yuu has quite the hilarious backbone now. Tagiru wants to face him but he's 100 years too early to beat Yuu.

Heh. They bother each other. Meanwhile, Tagiru copies Taiki down to the goggles.

Anyone ever have Deja Vu?

So, Tagiru is going to be a star. Then the wackiness happens again.

It's those Shadowed Eyes again.

Now the other guy, Ren, bumps into Tagiru. Who chases after the "busy" guy while Yuu is confused about the Xros Loader Ren has.

So much looking around and Tagiru ends up chasing three people through that portal.

Yuu sees this and runs to tell Taiki.

Tagiru lands in that weird area and sees the three people. Then he gets grabed away by that thing.

That thing is Gumdramon.

And of course, Tagiru is noticably suprised at Gumdramon.

But he just wants to show Tagiru the fight.

It's a Metal Tyrannomon.

Tagiru is of course, happy about this. Very happy.

Ryouma sends out Astamon.

Who comes down from the sky like a mob boss and wraps MetalTyrannomon in his scarf.

Then Astamon shoots him full of holes (if it was a real gun) and kicks him.

Of course, Tagiru is very excited and Gumdramon think he'll work for something.

Astamon is holding him down for capture but, the digimon gets away.

Tagiru then walks up to the people and asks how he can do that.

The guys agree that he's weird. And that this is Digimon Hunt.

The girl, Airu, who has a "gift" and a skirt cozies up to Tagiru to ask if he saw the Digimon they were looking for.

Of course, he "hasn't" seen a cute purple Mon so of course, he's useless for Airu.

So now we see Airu has Opossummon and Ren has Dracumon.

Gumdramon wants Tagiru to team with him since he seems easy to fool.

That may be true but Gumdramon is small.

Some old guy walks up with a Loader and says how they're a like.

Since he works with clocks, he time Shifts Tagiru into the real world again.

So the are they were in is called DigiQuartz.

Now they're in a clock shop and Tagiru needs some way to enter the DigiQuartz.

So if he takes this Loader, he won't be able to go back.

Of course he accepts and it turns Red.

The old Clock guy has a different version of Clockmon.

Now we see Taiki who like a lot of other people are looking at a window going nuts. It then breaks as Yuu, who just walked up, tells Taiki about Tagiru. And of course, it was the three new kids and MetalTyrannomon.

They see Tagiru time Shifting himself with his Red Loader like Taiki's

Which lets him find Gumdramon and they chase Metal Tyrannomon.

Now a series of missteps and Gumdramon grabs Tagiru with is tail to get him somewhere. Since he's a Magical Rubber Mon.

So the Mon they are chasing is eating some of that stuff at the top. Quartz maybe?

Gumdramon then grabs and tries to beat MetalTyrannomon with his tail but it doesn't work.

Until he spins and hits him with his hammer tail.

But when he tries to do it again, it breaks an Tagiru is upset.

He barly avoids getting hurt grabbing Gumdramon from being eaten.

As the hide in an alley they start to agree and really match up as this lets Gumdramon Super Evo.

The other three are watching of course. And they're not needed.

Gumdramon Super Evolve to Arresterdramon.

And according to people, the evo theme is by the same people who do frequent Super Sentai themes.

Arresterdramon grabs, throws, and hundred punches MetalTyrannomon and then uses his Prisim Garrett attack.

Which has dragon smoke comes out of his different type of tail which also had him in the smoke.

Now, much like DigiCode, MetalTyrannomon fuzzes out and Tagiru Captures him.

Airu is upset Gumdramon is Tagiru and that his evo isn't cute.

Ren tells her she should just take him for herself.

Ryouma is just creepy and Antagonistic.

The old man and his Clockmon were also watching. Of course.

Now since everyone is watching, Taiki and Yuu come out.

And hey, Shoutmon speaks up to Taiki.

Gumdramon is scared.

Of course, Shoutmon is the King.

Now we have the old man and Clockmon doing an Intro corner.

It's Gumdramon this time. And Tagiru then pops up to Xros him with clockmon.

GumClockmon. Who's like a Grandfather clock with a big clock head.

This won't work.

Next time, Sagomon, the Not!Shawujinmon, is capturing students. I think. they're disapearing at least. And we see Shoutmon again.

Pretty good series so far.

Seymour Butz
10-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Let us be real here: In all likelihood, at least one of the previous series' antagonists is going to make a major comeback. These shows just work out that way, and there are really only three candidates who would ‘work’: Ani-Ue, Dark Knightmon, and Tac-chan (with or without the rest of the San Gen Shi). None of ×ros Wars' other bajillion villains match all three criteria of being regularly depicted as threatening, having enough time on screen that the audience would care if they returned, and not having turned good already. I absolutely expect to see one of those characters in action for at least a full arc, although not necessarily the final one.

NekoHaruko
10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
For the ones who read this, here's the first new one of the series. Now that we have a new season, here's the first ep. So, explaining what happened last ep it's been a year since. We have 8th grade Taiki and his Street B-ball team Xros Heart. And 7th grade Yuu is on the team. Now we have also 7th grade Tagiru. He seems to be hot heaeded or excitable. Oh hey, there's shadow with eyes in the back of the crowd. So this kid, he hits one of the other team and hits the backboard. With his face. Taiki comes up and saves the ball to dunk. A small blow out at the end of the game and this kid Tagiru is resting, until he wakes up A girl named Mami pours water on his head and yells at him about Taiki and Yuu-sama winning it. Heh. Taiki isn't that dense about girls. If it's not his girls. Yuu is blushing but says how Tagiru wasn't helpful. But, he's reminds Taiki of Shoutmon. Whoa. The area just went wacky. And there's that shadow with eyes again. Now that guy, who is a guy, Ryouma tells Taiki to stay out of this. Ryouma is the andro looking guy And that look makes him look creepy. So Taiki, being Taiki, should stay out of this loud hunt that starts now. Now he's gone. Taiki is confused. Intro! Tagiru's playing pinball. Or is it Pachinko. I'm pretty sure it's Pinball. He wishes he could outdo Taiki just once. Yuu sneaks up and says there's no chance. So, our new old Yuu, even if he's a top student, he's going to be in a card tournament. I know this is probably a Digimon card game so I'll skip the reference to Yugioh. But wow, Yuu has quite the hilarious backbone now. Tagiru wants to face him but he's 100 years too early to beat Yuu. Heh. They bother each other. Meanwhile, Tagiru copies Taiki down to the goggles. Anyone ever have Deja Vu? So, Tagiru is going to be a star. Then the wackiness happens again. Anyone ever have Deja Vu? It's those Shadowed Eyes again. Now the other guy, Ren, bumps into Tagiru. Who chases after the "busy" guy while Yuu is confused about the Xros Loader Ren has. So much looking around and Tagiru ends up chasing three people through that portal. Yuu sees this and runs to tell Taiki. Tagiru lands in that weird area and sees the three people. Then he gets grabed away by that thing. That thing is Gumdramon. And of course, Tagiru is noticably suprised at Gumdramon. But he just wants to show Tagiru the fight. It's a Metal Tyrannomon. Anyone ever have Deja Vu? Tagiru is of course, happy about this. Very happy. Ryouma sends out Astamon. Who comes down from the sky like a mob boss and wraps MetalTyrannomon in his scarf. Then Astamon shoots him full of holes (if it was a real gun) and kicks him. Of course, Tagiru is very excited and Gumdramon think he'll work for something. Astamon is holding him down for capture but, the digimon gets away. Tagiru then walks up to the people and asks how he can do that. The guys agree that he's weird. And that this is Digimon Hunt. The girl, Airu, who has a "gift" and a skirt cozies up to Tagiru to ask if he saw the Digimon they were looking for. Of course, he "hasn't" seen a cute purple Mon so of course, he's useless for Airu. So now we see Airu has Opossummon and Ren has Dracumon. Gumdramon wants Tagiru to team with him since he seems easy to fool. That may be true but Gumdramon is small. Some old guy walks up with a Loader and says how they're a like. Since he works with clocks, he time Shifts Tagiru into the real world again. So the are they were in is called DigiQuartz. Now they're in a clock shop and Tagiru needs some way to enter the DigiQuartz. So if he takes this Loader, he won't be able to go back. Of course he accepts and it turns Red. The old Clock guy has a different version of Clockmon. Now we see Taiki who like a lot of other people are looking at a window going nuts. It then breaks as Yuu, who just walked up, tells Taiki about Tagiru. And of course, it was the three new kids and MetalTyrannomon. They see Tagiru time Shifting himself with his Red Loader like Taiki's Which lets him find Gumdramon and they chase Metal Tyrannomon. Now a series of missteps and Gumdramon grabs Tagiru with is tail to get him somewhere. Since he's a Magical Rubber Mon. So the Mon they are chasing is eating some of that stuff at the top. Quartz maybe
Gumdramon then grabs and tries to beat MetalTyrannomon with his tail but it doesn't work. Until he spins and hits him with his hammer tail. But when he tries to do it again, it breaks an Tagiru is upset. He barly avoids getting hurt grabbing Gumdramon from being eaten. As the hide in an alley they start to agree and really match up as this lets Gumdramon Super Evo. The other three are watching of course. And they're not needed. Gumdramon Super Evolve to Arresterdramon. And according to people, the evo theme is by the same people who do frequent Super Sentai themes. Arresterdramon grabs, throws, and hundred punches MetalTyrannomon and then uses his Prisim Garrett attack. Which has dragon smoke comes out of his different type of tail which also had him in the smoke. Now, much like DigiCode, MetalTyrannomon fuzzes out and Tagiru Captures him. Anyone ever have Deja Vu? Airu is upset Gumdramon is Tagiru and that his evo isn't cute. Ren tells her she should just take him for herself. Ryouma is just creepy and Antagonistic. The old man and his Clockmon were also watching. Of course. Now since everyone is watching, Taiki and Yuu come out
And hey, Shoutmon speaks up to Taiki. Gumdramon is scared. Of course, Shoutmon is the King. Now we have the old man and Clockmon doing an Intro corner. It's Gumdramon this time. And Tagiru then pops up to Xros him with clockmon. GumClockmon. Who's like a Grandfather clock with a big clock head. This won't work. Next time, Sagomon, the Not!Shawujinmon, is capturing students. I think. they're disapearing at least. And we see Shoutmon again.

Pretty good series so far.

Neo, do you see how much shorter and neater that looks? and not taking up a whole fucking page. Typing line after line in broken sentences plus an extra space is incredibly annoying. I don't mean to sound like a mod, but quit it. It's annoying as hell and can be considered as spam.

MarcFBR
10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Neo, do you see how much shorter and neater that looks? and not taking up a whole fucking page. Typing line after line in broken sentences plus an extra space is incredibly annoying. I don't mean to sound like a mod, but quit it. It's annoying as hell and can be considered as spam.

You and Neo are both dumb in this case.

Neo needs to learn how to type in a way that is actually readable.

You are wrong because block text isn't readable.

Lhikan634
10-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Anyways, pushing through massive block-texting to say this: Read episode subtitles so I can comment more on what's going on:

So, it seems from the start both Tagiru and Gumdramon want to surpass someone (Taiki and Shoutmon, respectively). And Tagiru challenges Yuu as well, the idiot :P (not you, Yuu… Yuu Y-U-U… no, not… oh, forget it…)

Something tells me that in a few episodes we'll learn of a darker nature to this "Digimon Hunt" - wonder how many of the attacking digimon were innocent or scared (dang, does that sound like Tamers?)

I'll also say… forgot this earlier… it's interesting to me that we first see Astamon and not Psychemon. Digimon doesn't usually intro the evo'd form before the "original" form from what I can remember.

Oh, and Gumdramon referring to himself as "the wild child" seems to me like a reference to how he appears to be roughly the Child level by rules in other universes. I'm not too keen on the Japanese terms if they use the Engrish or full Japanese for the word, so it's quite possibly just a coinkydink :P

TMS
10-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I'll also say… forgot this earlier… it's interesting to me that we first see Astamon and not Psychemon. Digimon doesn't usually intro the evo'd form before the "original" form from what I can remember.

I think the only time they've done it before is with Cyberdramon.

Oh, and Gumdramon referring to himself as "the wild child" seems to me like a reference to how he appears to be roughly the Child level by rules in other universes. I'm not too keen on the Japanese terms if they use the Engrish or full Japanese for the word, so it's quite possibly just a coinkydink :P

I doubt there's a connection, though Gumdramon's Jintrix card has the "Child level" design scheme.

Seventh
10-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Honestly? I am ecstatic with this episode. I wasn't expecting much, but we've been given a protag that is doing everything Taiki didn't and then some, a new partner that looks to have his own bundle of personality (he reminds me, honestly, of Impmon more than anything - he's a little schemer). The animation was top notch (compared to how wonky Xros Wars got sometimes anyway), and compared to how we barely got to see Nene and Kiriha for a few episodes, we're being shown our new characters right off the bat, and THEY seem to have quite the personalities on them.

The fight scenes were pretty good, too, though I am worried about one thing: Will they be constantly in the Real World, jumping back and forth from there into the "DigiQuartz" (which totally isn't the ruined future I mean no way guys it can't possibly be that), or will they go on an adventure at some point? Given Xros Wars' lack of adventure, I was hoping Young Hunters might make up for this, but it looks like it's going to take the 02 route of all things. That... is not a good thing, if you ask me, but we'll see how it goes.

Also a bit bugged at how we never got to see all the damage Bagramon did in the finale addressed and how Taiki and the other Xros Loader users all have magical new powers inexplicably, but I guess we'll just have to accept that.

Anyway, so long as the new people don't get derailed (akin to Nene), I actually might not mind if Kiriha doesn't show up. ... And as for Nene, unless Yuu gets in trouble, I really can't see her coming back again. Or maybe I just don't want her to after her badly she was shafted last time around. Either way, it's Zen and Akari's turn.

So far, I've got high hopes.

dragonking555
10-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Honestly? I am ecstatic with this episode. I wasn't expecting much, but we've been given a protag that is doing everything Taiki didn't and then some, a new partner that looks to have his own bundle of personality (he reminds me, honestly, of Impmon more than anything - he's a little schemer). The animation was top notch (compared to how wonky Xros Wars got sometimes anyway), and compared to how we barely got to see Nene and Kiriha for a few episodes, we're being shown our new characters right off the bat, and THEY seem to have quite the personalities on them.

The fight scenes were pretty good, too, though I am worried about one thing: Will they be constantly in the Real World, jumping back and forth from there into the "DigiQuartz" (which totally isn't the ruined future I mean no way guys it can't possibly be that), or will they go on an adventure at some point? Given Xros Wars' lack of adventure, I was hoping Young Hunters might make up for this, but it looks like it's going to take the 02 route of all things. That... is not a good thing, if you ask me, but we'll see how it goes.

Also a bit bugged at how we never got to see all the damage Bagramon did in the finale addressed and how Taiki and the other Xros Loader users all have magical new powers inexplicably, but I guess we'll just have to accept that.

Anyway, so long as the new people don't get derailed (akin to Nene), I actually might not mind if Kiriha doesn't show up. ... And as for Nene, unless Yuu gets in trouble, I really can't see her coming back again. Or maybe I just don't want her to after her badly she was shafted last time around. Either way, it's Zen and Akari's turn.

So far, I've got high hopes.

Wow! I didn't even think of that theory that Digiquartz is a ruined real world in the future. That's a cool theory. Although, personally I think this is more akin to Tamers Data Fields than it is too Adventure 02 with the characters signing in and out.

Also Kiriha and Nene will most likely make an appearance sometime (especially since she is the sister of one of the main characters, but I highly doubt any of the old characters will play a large part, there is already 6 Hunters (twice as many as in Xros Wars) and that's not including Taiki which makes it seven. I don't include Taiki because I am still unsure how big of a role he will play.

Seventh
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
If we look at the OP, we've got eight in total including Taiki and Yuu. How many people did Tamers end with again?

TMS
10-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Tamers had

1. Takato and Guilmon
2. Jenrya and Terriermon
3. Ruki and Renamon
4. Ryo and Cyberdramon
5. Juri and Leomon
6. Hirokazu and Guardromon
7. Kenta and MarineAngemon
8. Shiuchon and Lopmon

9. Alice and Dobermon
10. Ai, Makoto, and Impmon

11. Minami and Labramon

CloneWarrior
10-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Tamers had

1. Takato and Guilmon
2. Jenrya and Terriermon
3. Ruki and Renamon
4. Ryo and Cyberdramon
5. Juri and Leomon
8. Shiuchon and Lopmon

9. Alice and Dobermon

11. Minami and Labramon

Why do you have Ai, Makoto and Impmon separate from the first 8?

Unknown Neo
10-07-2011, 08:34 PM

But that's still kind of a run on and a text wall. That can be worse.

You and Neo are both dumb in this case.

Neo needs to learn how to type in a way that is actually readable.

You are wrong because block text isn't readable.

This I will listen too. Thank you GOC, I'll see what I can do if I do long thoughts on the currently airing episode.

It is better to ask nicely though. I'm noting if not accommodating to people.
Unless you're a mod. They can ask however they want. It's their board.

TMS
10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Why do you have Ai, Makoto and Impmon separate from the first 8?

Mostly because they never really do anything. Unlike the eight, they are minor characters.

X-Antibody
10-07-2011, 08:43 PM
"DigiQuartz" (which totally isn't the ruined future I mean no way guys it can't possibly be that)

I was gonna bring that up when I theorized DigiQuartz being the result of Shoutmon as king, but I thought that the ruined part they entered at the beginning was simply for Digimon like Garbamon and Numemon, as well as some more of the hardcore Metal Empire Digimon. Hopefully the rest of DigiQuartz will be all well, it'd be a shame if Taiki went through all the trouble of making Shoutmon king and he just screws up the place. Even factoring in an antagonist I'm not really expecting a big one to come along until after some adventuring.

Seventh
10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Tamers had

1. Takato and Guilmon
2. Jenrya and Terriermon
3. Ruki and Renamon
4. Ryo and Cyberdramon
5. Juri and Leomon
8. Shiuchon and Lopmon

9. Alice and Dobermon

11. Minami and Labramon

Alright! Meanwhile, we've got...

1. Tagiru
2. Taiki
3. Yuu
4. Ryouma
5. Ren
6. Airi
7. Blondie in the OP

8. MAYBE the clockmaker?
9. MAYBE Kiriha?
10. MAYBE Nene?

... So about the same, provided clockmaker stays on as a character and the old Generals-- er, General and token girl that doesn't do anything, return.

Still really hoping Nene stays out of this so Akari can get in on the action, but eh.

CloneWarrior
10-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Mostly because they never really do anything. Unlike the eight, they are minor characters.

They get a Digivice though, meaning they should definitely place higher than Alice.

Sabrblade
10-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm calling it. Ryouma is TOTALLY from the future! ;)

WereGarurumon
10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
I hope they finish the monster of the week style. Say what you want about the arc villains in Xros Wars, but at least they managed to do something.

Seymour Butz
10-08-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm guessing DigiQuartz is what Shoutmon made the Digital World into. The Watchmaker and his supply of blank xros loaders is a mystery begging to be answered.

In the promotional material, it was explicitly stated that DigiQuartz is the area between the Real and Digital Worlds. This could be the area that Shoutmon placed as the borderlands, but the Digital World never seemed to need such a thing previously. Frankly, I think that the DigiQuartz is going to be treated as a mystery itself for quite some time.

I hope they finish the monster of the week style. Say what you want about the arc villains in Xros Wars, but at least they managed to do something.

Yeah, Mad Leomon got a lot done alright.

Neverbe
10-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I think that this new season really look linke a Digimon Tamers 2.
The opening animation look like the one in Digimon Tamers, also the main plot and some music too and...I really like it because Tamers is my favorite season!

Seventh
10-08-2011, 10:16 AM

Almost all of them could have been replaced with recurring fights against the three Generals, the Zones could have been made a connected, fluid world, and if anything, that would have just made the story flow better. The setup was broken from the start.

Also, watching it again... Am I the only one who really does NOT like the new mechanic for Super Evolution? I wasn't a fan of it in Savers, and now it looks like we'll need physical contact between both the partner and human to cause it - this means fights will be severely limited in creativity (partners/humans will need to be able to be very close), and add in how it looks like two of the best elements of Xros Wars (the armies and DigiXros) are either gone or being put severely put on the backburner, I'm... not exactly thrilled with how fights are going to be in the future.

I mean, it'd be one thing if we didn't specifically have XROS Loaders, weren't in a series called XROS Wars, and we didn't have Taiki and Yuu, both of whom were fantastic with XROSing (especially Yuu, who was more creative with it in one episode than Taiki ever was), but given that we DO.... Yeah.

Maybe this is better off in the general Young Hunters discussion thread, but it spawned from watching the fight - which WAS cool, and I like how Arresterdramon so far is looking to be to shonen what Shoutmon was to super robot (if being One Piece and Fist of the North Star so far means anything), but still.

The Chaos Entity
10-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Perhaps Astamon's jazz tune is his insert song?

Absolute Zero
10-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Taiki and Gumdramon said the same sentence: "Whoever stop here is an idiot", wonder if it'll be their catchphrase.

The Chaos Entity
10-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I doubt they'll have one, I honestly even forgot about that line.