PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Colosseum and Alpha Evolve Interchangeability

Py687
09-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow, seems like it's been forever since I made a topic. Or posted, for that matter. Not sure how many of you remember me, especially since I never posted in this section, but it's nice to be back!

Anyway. I'm not sure how much people know about the Alpha Evolve (from what I remember, not much, but another topic in this sections seems to prove me otherwise), but I got a couple of the new cards during my vacation in Hong Kong this summer, as well as two Hyper Colosseum starter decks (Ultimate Battle 1 and...another...from my understanding) and a couple supplementary one-deck starters, and I have some inquiries.

What I'm most interested in is if AE cards are compatible with HC, and if the rules of HC are similar to the Digi-Battle version in the US. I did some research and found a page on Shining Evo that gave the rules, but I just wanted to check with fellow WtWers first.

I suppose I should give my thanks in advance. Meanwhile, I'll be busy posing my D-Arts Omegamon and Omegamon Reboot. :)

TMS
09-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I've never played the games, though I've heard that there are special rules for using both Hyper Coliseum and Alpha Evolve. Hopefully they help close the gap between the two, because otherwise anyone using Hyper Coliseum cards will be at a major disadvantage. There's also the HP thing. Gameplay is, I think, similar to Digi-Battle. However, the third attack is always Protect, which causes the enemy's first attack to go to 0. The battle types of the Digimon are separate from their Attributes. The point system is different as well, though I don't know the details.

Devkyu
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I remember there was indeed a special set of rules using Alpha Evolve with Hyper, but from what I remember, the full rules for EITHER game have never been translated.

CyberDramon
09-08-2011, 05:18 AM
The full rules for both games have been translated, as far as I know, but Alpha's may not have been released...

I'm not sure on the bridge rules.

However, from what I remember, even With bridge rules, HC cards are less useful than Alpha cards in Alpha.

In HC, I'm not sure... don't know of any Alpha-to-HC bridge rules.

Py687
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh. Huh. Thanks anyway, then.

Just for clarification, do the blue borders of HC cards indicate normal Digimon, and the red borders X-Antibodied ones?

TMS
09-11-2011, 09:26 PM
That's correct.