PDA

View Full Version : Digi-Battle questions

DigidestinedForGreatness
05-11-2011, 12:16 PM
So I randomly picked up some old packs for nostalgia and now I got a bunch of friends playing. Never played back when they came out. I was more into collecting them but I'm hoping someone who's familiar with the gaming aspect of Digi-Battle can help me out.

I've read through the Digi-Battle threads here and sadly I found out that the game was made very poorly due to lack of care from Bandai but I'd like to know what were the most common ways to do certain things.

1. "Continue until a player runs out of options, or decides to stop, and says pass." Regarding that, if whoever goes first for the turn doesn't play a Power Option, does he lose the option to for the rest of the turn? And let's say if you play one, your opponent plays one, you pass, your opponent plays one, then you can't play any more? Honestly, I'd rather it play out like my last scenario where we can play them freely but if it's against the rules...

2. For changing rookies, do you have to have the rookie in your hand after drawing to 10? It doesn't say where it comes from but that's how we've been playing it.

3. For the movie promo Magnadramon and booster Imperialdramon (Dragon Mode), they require Angemon and Veedramon respectively. Was there ever an errata or anything for these? It's pretty obvious that the meant Angewomon and Aeroveedramon but for the players out there, did anyone care to do that or just play it as is?

4. For Power Freeze from set 1, can it void a Champion Digivolve or only Digivolve Power Options?

5. For Option Eater, can it void any Power Option in the stack or just the last one my opponent played?

6. For Crest Tag, it says that it remains on Power Port until "...". Does that mean this overrides the need to discard all Power Options at the end of each Duel? Is there any good reason to keep it around since the effect lasts until the end of the Duel? Also, it doesn't say that this needs to be played during Digivolve Phase, so can it be played during battle?

7. Are there any staples for the game? We basically only have the original starters along with set 1 and 2 cards but some of us have later starters along with sets 4 and 5. We found these to be most useful so far for older cards:

Black Gears
Crest Tag
Downgrade
Even Steven
Option Eater
Power Freeze

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance for any help!

Inpu
05-11-2011, 06:16 PM
So I randomly picked up some old packs for nostalgia and now I got a bunch of friends playing. Never played back when they came out. I was more into collecting them but I'm hoping someone who's familiar with the gaming aspect of Digi-Battle can help me out.

I've read through the Digi-Battle threads here and sadly I found out that the game was made very poorly due to lack of care from Bandai but I'd like to know what were the most common ways to do certain things.

1. "Continue until a player runs out of options, or decides to stop, and says pass." Regarding that, if whoever goes first for the turn doesn't play a Power Option, does he lose the option to for the rest of the turn? And let's say if you play one, your opponent plays one, you pass, your opponent plays one, then you can't play any more? Honestly, I'd rather it play out like my last scenario where we can play them freely but if it's against the rules...

2. For changing rookies, do you have to have the rookie in your hand after drawing to 10? It doesn't say where it comes from but that's how we've been playing it.

3. For the movie promo Magnadramon and booster Imperialdramon (Dragon Mode), they require Angemon and Veedramon respectively. Was there ever an errata or anything for these? It's pretty obvious that the meant Angewomon and Aeroveedramon but for the players out there, did anyone care to do that or just play it as is?

4. For Power Freeze from set 1, can it void a Champion Digivolve or only Digivolve Power Options?

5. For Option Eater, can it void any Power Option in the stack or just the last one my opponent played?

6. For Crest Tag, it says that it remains on Power Port until "...". Does that mean this overrides the need to discard all Power Options at the end of each Duel? Is there any good reason to keep it around since the effect lasts until the end of the Duel? Also, it doesn't say that this needs to be played during Digivolve Phase, so can it be played during battle?

7. Are there any staples for the game? We basically only have the original starters along with set 1 and 2 cards but some of us have later starters along with sets 4 and 5. We found these to be most useful so far for older cards:

Black Gears
Crest Tag
Downgrade
Even Steven
Option Eater
Power Freeze

There aren't any errata for Digi-Battle that I ever saw, and there are plenty of Megas that digivolve from Champions or even lower, such as Beelzemon.

Power Freeze refers to Power Option cards with the Digivolve or Force FX subtype.

I would assume Option Eater can only void a Power Option card that the opponent played, but it doesn't say anything about the card position, so it refers to any one you wish.

Crest Tag remains on the Power Port until you either lose a Duel, have the card voided by an opponent, willingly discard it, or your Online deck runs out. As long as you win duels, don't run out of cards, and neither you nor the opponent chooses to discard it, it stays. I believe that "effect applies until end of duel" means that your Digimon degenerates back to Champion, but you can redigivolve it in the next Duel so long as you have this card on your Power Port.

CyberDramon
05-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Card text trumps rules. Remember that, but take it with a grain of salt.

When you Pass, your opponent is the only one who can play cards until your opponent Passes.

Yes.

Play them as-is.

As a note: Some cards have requirements (or special effects) that cannot be fulfilled according to the rules. Which would ban at least 3 of the Sovereigns and Apokarimon (Creepy Mode).

Apokarimon (Creepy Mode) should be banned anyway because it + Giga Claws + Fire Crystal = game end. Once that combo is in play, it's unstoppable. The player with it simply has to coast to a victory.

And the Street Starter Magnadramon has an unclear special effect. I suggest simply ignoring the effect of that card -treat it like it has no effect.

Only Digivolve Power Options.

Don't remember. It depends on how the chain resolves, but I'll have to research it.

The way we played it is that a card takes effect the moment it's played, so the only way to stop a play is to void the card directly after it's played. If the opponent uses their own voiding card to void your card, then that's a chain. But otherwise, cards take effect the moment they're played.

Card text trumps rules.

However, Digivolve cards can only be played during the Digivolve Phase, as far as I can remember. Check the Rules.

Crest Tag may be useless by itself, but the Crests give bonuses and, as far as I can remember, need a Crest Tag in play as a requirement.

I've really got to get my website up and running again...

Black Gears
Crest Tag
Downgrade
Even Steven
Option Eater
Power Freeze

The game is so broken that 'staples' depends on what you allow in the game, and the player's playing style.