PDA

View Full Version : Xros Wars Episode 20: Dust Zone, The Big Scrap City of Grand Locomon!

Vande
11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Xros Wars Episode 20 Premiere

Episode thread for Episode 20 of Xros Wars, will be unlocked before airring.

Air Time
07:27pm Tuesday (JST) - Japan
10:27am Tuesday (GMT) - UK
05:27am Tuesday (EST) - East Coast
04:27am Tuesday (CST) - Central
02:27am Tuesday (PST) - West Coast

No spoilers past this episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Vande
12-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Opening the topic as the episode airs today in Japan. No posting until during/after the episode please.

Devkyu
12-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Oh man, things just aren't going good for Kiriha are they? Everyone keeps making him their bitch... not that I'm complaining at all.

And... Definitely weird hearing Pinocchimon not sound like Adventure.

Jay Ukyou
12-14-2010, 02:58 AM
I loved the part where Akari notices Pinochimon's nose growing and she's like "wow, that's weird... it must be because of my sex appeal!"

Wow, Akari. This is a kid's show. :P

Also, Tsundere Pinochimon is adorable. "You have to believe in your friends!" "I can't." *nose grows*

A7ac4ma
12-14-2010, 03:04 AM
It was an entertaining episode. It didn't have much of plot development except for DarkKnightmon now having Kiriha in control. Btw, was that SkullGreymon and SkullSatamon with DKnightmon?

Going back a little on the story, I was hoping for a Shoutmon X4P or something like that against GrandLocomon. I hope Pinocchimon joins Xros Heart. =D

Devkyu
12-14-2010, 03:33 AM
It'd be hilarious of Pinocchimon did join... I just hope he doesn't die via some heroic sacrifice. Although I am sort of hoping for some reference to a certain .44 magnum scene.

Evil Kiriha is definitely getting some fanart this week.

garfield15
12-14-2010, 05:09 AM
I loved the part where Akari notices Pinochimon's nose growing and she's like "wow, that's weird... it must be because of my sex appeal!"
*nosebleed* WHAT?

Vande
12-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Evil Kiriha is definitely getting some fanart this week.

Explain please, what did he do?

Jay Ukyou
12-14-2010, 06:33 AM
He stood around, looking evil, and then agreed to become DarkKnightmon's general while Nene was trapped inside the dark orb of dark energy. He shows up at the end of the episode in front of Taiki and Xros Heart with ominous eyes.

That's literally all he does all episode. And you don't even get to see Nene. I suspect her seiyuu was sick or something.

The episode feels like it was intended to be a 'breather episode', if we're being generous. At worse, it's a wasted filer episode (that only works because Tsundere Pinochimon is awesome).

-ucchan

Absolute Zero
12-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Wha!? Please tell me that Kiriha was brainwashed or something else!
And an orb of dark energy again :P?

Vande
12-14-2010, 07:30 AM
He stood around, looking evil, and then agreed to become DarkKnightmon's general while Nene was trapped inside the dark orb of dark energy. He shows up at the end of the episode in front of Taiki and Xros Heart with ominous eyes.
That's literally all he does all episode.

I hope that he was just 'pretending or brainwashed' otherwise he's done a complete 180 from the last episode.

Jay Ukyou
12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
He said he had a reason to join DarkKnightmon, but honestly, I didn't catch what the reason was. Definitely not brainwashed, though.

Inpu
12-14-2010, 08:51 AM
I love the splash page. Kiriha is the only happy one!

"My 'dile and me!"

Devkyu
12-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure Kiriha was more on the brainwashed side, especially after the nasty zap he got. Sadly I missed the splash page... will just have to wait a while to get a good look at it.

Inpu
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Kiriha was more on the brainwashed side, especially after the nasty zap he got. Sadly I missed the splash page... will just have to wait a while to get a good look at it.

http://image.space.rakuten.co.jp/lg01/03/0001063003/83/img897633a0zikczj.jpeg

Vande
12-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Kiriha cute face!
Taiki seems happy as well, though pic is rather small.

Bakuryu Asuka
12-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Zenjirou and Akari not so much. :D And SkullKnightmon looks like he is enjoying his ride...

Btw, was that SkullGreymon and SkullSatamon with DKnightmon?

Yep. Judging by Screenshots, they were.

That's literally all he does all episode. And you don't even get to see Nene. I suspect her seiyuu was sick or something.

Depends on. Did Cutemon or Lilithmon say something? Because they share that one...

The episode feels like it was intended to be a 'breather episode', if we're being generous. At worse, it's a wasted filer episode (that only works because Tsundere Pinochimon is awesome).

The silence before the storm. Next Episode Preview on the Asashi site looks quite actionpacked.

Wow, Akari. This is a kid's show. :P

Well, her sexappeal atleast worked once, didn't it?

garfield15
12-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah, Kiriha is definitely brainwashed. Probably all of Blue Flare is. Those aren't the eyes of someone in control

In fact there's a trope about it. Mind Control Eyes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MindControlEyes)

-You know, when I read "filler episode" eariler, I expected the worst like Trailmon race or chase Leomon around the whole episode or what have you, but this wasn't too bad at all. I think it's because of Pinnochimon. He just about made the episode worth it. I'm actually gonna be annoyed if he doesn't join up next episode.

-GrandLocomon=Back to the Future Delorean. You know you were thinking it.

-Hey Zenjirou using his mecha prowess and Akari using her...strength prowess...twice. Apparently she can not only toss Dorulumon (seriously, best running joke ever) but can lift a huge-ass wrench.

-Once again, they shift to the crazy-awesome animation for the fight scene and they also went back to killing the bad guy with their own weapon again. :P Gotta say, it's not like it's a bad idea, but that was over too quick.

-Truly a calm before the storm. Next week we get DarkKnightmon and his cronies, Blue Flare and Lilithmon in an all-out free-for-all and best of all
TAIKI PUNCH!

- http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8171/xroswarsa25m.jpg
Super Saiyan Taiki can't turn his back on them!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9485/xroswarsa12m.jpg
Love these moments.

Jay Ukyou
12-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Depends on. Did Cutemon or Lilithmon say something? Because they share that one...

Hmm... now that you mention it, I don't remember Cutemon saying anything... And Lilithmon wasn't in the episode at all.

Inpu
12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
So, DarkKnightmon tricked Taiki and Kiriha into touching the orb of darkness, and while Taiki is just generally Mr. Chipper and had no darkness to give, Kiriha did? And that's what made him a puppet?

Is that what happened there?

Those missiles - those were SkullGreymon, right?

Hmm... now that you mention it, I don't remember Cutemon saying anything... And Lilithmon wasn't in the episode at all.
Well, Cutemon is listed in the cast list, though Nene isn't. The "Cutemon sounds" it made could have been archived audio, though.

garfield15
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
So, DarkKnightmon tricked Taiki and Kiriha into touching the orb of darkness, and while Taiki is just generally Mr. Chipper and had no darkness to give, Kiriha did? And that's what made him a puppet?

Is that what happened there?
Yeah, pretty much. Probably some details missing but yeah.

Devkyu
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
http://image.space.rakuten.co.jp/lg01/03/0001063003/83/img897633a0zikczj.jpeg

Oh damn that is adorable. Now all I can imagine is Kiriha and Deckerdramon doing the victory dance Taichi and Zeromaru do in V-Tamer.

Seymour Butz
12-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Well this was a fun little episode. I loved Dorulumon's resigned reaction to being thrown, as if he begrudgingly understood that it was necessary. Pinocchimon was pretty sweet; it was good seeing him actually hang down like a puppet.

It was an entertaining episode. It didn't have much of plot development except for DarkKnightmon now having Kiriha in control. Btw, was that SkullGreymon and SkullSatamon with DKnightmon?

Hmmm, Skull Greymon, Skull Satamon, and Dark Knightmon, who evolves from Skull Knightmon. I sense a pattern here. Yet, no Skull Mammon? It is little things like this that makes me suspect that the creators still think roughly in terms of level, and Dark Knightmon is just a perfect (albeit an exceptionally strong one). Grand Locomon turned out to working for Bugra and not Twilight after all, right?

Bakuryu Asuka
12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
As far as we know, DarkKnightmon has no Level.

Seymour Butz
12-15-2010, 08:37 AM
As far as we know, DarkKnightmon has no Level.

Nooooo kidding. Like I said.

Anyway, thank you for reminding me with your avatar: Lilithmon strikes me as an odd choice for Dust Zone. Robots are mindless killing machines, which made me think that either the brawny Blastmon or the soldierly Tac-chan would be leading them if they launched an assault. Then again, she brought Damemon with her, so if he and Dark Knightmon have a fateful encounter, we will know why this had to happen from a narrative standpoint. Also, I suppose that, being machines that can easily network with each other, robots might be prime candidates for Lilithmon's forced fusion gimmick. She used Mugen Dramon too; maybe she likes to compensate for her lack of physical strength by using bruisers like him and Dai Penmon. Clever. Still, I find it odd that the title screen showed the San Gen Shi assembled, but they were nowhere to be seen this episode. Perhaps it is meant to insinuate that they are going to make their move soon.

Bakuryu Asuka
12-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Maybe she has a thing for robots. Her pet is a robotic poop afterall.

CloneWarrior
12-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Lilithmon strikes me as an odd choice for Dust Zone. Robots are mindless killing machines, which made me think that either the brawny Blastmon or the soldierly Tac-chan would be leading them if they launched an assault.

Actually, she seems like the perfect choice for such an army. So far, all of Tactimon's subordinates have taken over the zones and ruled them, with the intent of using the inhabitants as slaves.

Lilithmon's subordinates have concentrated more on destruction, not caring at all what happens to the Zone afterwards.

Absolute Zero
12-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Did Deckerdramon get brainwashed too? I remember he's refusing to help DarkKnightmon on previous episode :P.

garfield15
12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Did Deckerdramon get brainwashed too? I remember he's refusing to help DarkKnightmon on previous episode :P.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that blast took out all of Blue Flare mentally.

That, or they're all really, really good actors.

Soluble Toast
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Not a bad episode.
Usual "intro to the zone" episode.
I agree that Kiriha definitely looked like he was being controlled. The purple glint in his eye, that looked a lot like the dark orb seems to suggest that anyway. DarkKnightmon looked awesome stepping out of the fire near the end of the ep.

The preview made me think Lilithmon may be the first General to go down and DarkKnightmon may have something to do with her death, due to Damemon eventually xrosing with DarkKnightmon I just hope she's not going to die soon.

GrandLocomon
12-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Worst. Episode. Ever. I liked the Locomon/GrandLocomon from the Tamer's movie; the indestructible loner. That's the GrandLocomon I know and love :P

Best. Comment. Ever.

Anubimon
12-17-2010, 07:21 AM

Yes. Yes I was.
Pretty eh episode overall, but it would have been difficult to keep up with the last several episodes regardless.

Sakurabisu
12-17-2010, 08:02 AM
I wasn't. I was thinking of Spirit Tracks.

Sabrblade
12-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Finally got to see it. Looking back these posts, I am just shocked that no one brought up the most epic part of this episode: Pinnochimon obliterated Hagurumon with just one swing of his hammer! That was BEAST! :o :D 8)

Tsum
12-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Finally got to see it. Looking back these posts, I am just shocked that no one brought up the most epic part of this episode: Pinnochimon obliterated Hagurumon with just one swing of his hammer! That was BEAST! :o :D 8)

Would have been more so if we hadn't seen characters do it before (Shoutmon and his mic), or if we weren't already used to seeing Pinnocchimon as a super strong Digimon anyway. :p

Sabrblade
12-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Would have been more so if we hadn't seen characters do it before (Shoutmon and his mic), or if we weren't already used to seeing Pinnocchimon as a super strong Digimon anyway. :p
Knowing that levels are practically nonexistant here, I did not let myself believe that this Pinnochimon was a powerful digimon like his Dark Master counterpart. But even then, Adventure Pinochimon wasn't that powerful; he was just clever enough that no one could touch him.

Here, this Pinnochimon had already been weakened by being crushed by a mountain of trash and then mauled by GrandLocomon (twice). And since Hagurumon had not been harmed and wasn't that much smaller than Pinnochimon, I'd say that it was a pretty even match up this time around.

Bakuryu Asuka
12-17-2010, 09:02 AM

Yep. And in most worlds it wouldn't be something special to begin with...Akari did way more epic things than that this episode.

garfield15
12-17-2010, 09:03 AM
GIANT WRENCH!

Vande
12-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Pinocchimon doesn't lie...oh not at all...nose grows. They had to go there!

Dark Knightmon you ass, though it would have been interesting if Taiki HAD some darkness in him, but noooo. Kiriha was odds on cert.

*Will be in Kiriha fan-girl mode next week*

garfield15
12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7475/vlcsnap2010121712h36m04.png
TAIKI PUNCH!

Vande
12-17-2010, 09:55 AM
TAIKI PUNCH!

Anyone else thinking that Taiki and Kiriha will have a Taichi/Yamato fight?

garfield15
12-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Anyone else thinking that Taiki and Kiriha will have a Taichi/Yamato fight?

Yes.

Or it's a "Snap out of it man!" moment when Taiki punches him and he's like "Ow...what was I doing?"

TMS
12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Did we ever confirm whether GrandLocomon was part of Twilight, the Bagura Army, or just on his own?

tomon
12-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Did we ever confirm whether GrandLocomon was part of Twilight, the Bagura Army, or just on his own?
i think GrandLocomon is just on his own. i don't think the episode mentioned him being part of twilight or bagura.

Inpu
12-17-2010, 01:20 PM
i think GrandLocomon is just on his own. i don't think the episode mentioned him being part of twilight or bagura.

That asahi summary says he is DarkKnightmon's subordinate, but does not say that he is part of Twilight. Take it as you will.

the comp
12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
TAIKI PUNCH!

Ah, good ol' once a season hero punching the lone wolf in the face. It still amazes me that Tohma survived his, given the other things Masaru punched in the face.

Anyway, seems I'm the only one that didn't like this episode. One problem that's coming up with the zone format is that for some reason, every first episode in a new zone is a breather and a slow introduction to the new zone, and that's kind of hard to enjoy after an epic end of the zone episode. Granted, there can be good breather episode, but this one...was not so much.

I will admit, though, Puppetmon was really the saving grace of this one. A tsundere Pinocchio is a fantastic idea, and it made for quite the heartwarming moment towards the end. Sadly, I don't think he'll be joining XH, given that part of his character development was getting him to believe in his friends and stay in Dust Zone, and also I think Damemon might join Twilight next episode. Which is too bad, because Puppetmon is already more interesting character-wise than a good portion of Xros Heart's roster.

Thoughts:

-So...where was Nene this whole episode? Was she really in the orb? Also, DarkKnightmon's "Go save her" thing wasn't very convincing and it bothers me both Taiki and Kiriha fell for it (quite literally, in Taiki's case.)

-I like how right before Akari throws Dorurumon, she looks at Cutemon first and decides he's not big enough XD

-Next-esque generic Trailmon, huh? Interesting.

-As I pointed out in another thread, it's baffling that not once did any of the digimon in the Xros Loader reload themselves and try to do something about it being stolen. That's one of my big problems with this episode.

-Ok, here's my other big problem. Of all the things the Xros Loader can do, GrandLocomon wants it to travel to another zone? I get that Dust Zone isn't the most desirable place to be, but since he's apparently working for DarkKnightmon, he could probably just ask to go on missions in Nene's Loader. Unless DKM wants him to stay in Dust Zone to watch over it while he's gone, which makes sense. Still, the Back to The Future Delorean thing shouldn't have been neccesary, theoretically, Hagurumon should've been able to control the Xros Loader with his Darkness Gears. At very least he should've tried it, they could always say that the Xros Loader blocked out the gear's influence somehow. I guess what bugs me about this one is that, given the resources everyone has, this plot makes no sense and could've been resolved much easier.

-Dang, aside from the punch, the preview left out all the epic stuff that's supposed to happen next episode (the Darkness Loader, MetalGreymon + Cyber Launcher, MetalGarurumon, quite likely X5, the DarkKnightmon/SkullGreymon/SkullSatamon xros...)

garfield15
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
The only thing I can think of regarding the not-Reloading thing is that they can't reload themselves unless Taiki's actually holding it and aware of them coming out.

And now that I have said it, it must be canon.

the comp
12-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Except Dondokomon, Jijimon, Shoutmon, and Cutemon have all reloaded themselves when the Loader was in it's carrying case, without Taiki expecting it. Also, while in his case you could chalk it up to his power or some nonsense, DarkKnightmon did it when Nene openly tried to stop him from doing so.

Might be a little off topic here, though.

garfield15
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I meant like, you know, in his possession, or on his person. DarkKnightmon doing it...I thought that was no different than when the others Reloaded themselves and he was just not listening to Nene.

Really, that's the only explanation I can think of otherwise. And now, there's going to be some episode where Taiki loses the Loader and they'll Reload themselves and I'll be like FUUUUUUUUUU-

Absolute Zero
12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Where's that black feathered hero Beelzebumon anyway :P?

Seventh
12-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I have to say, in all honesty, I was... very pleased with this episode. Yeah, it was a break from the "zomg plot", but with jumping from Zone to Zone, that's probably in part to be expected - and for once, instead of throwing everything at us, it actually set up the scene for the next episode and did it WELL. Not only that, it was still a really enjoyable episode all on its own. In comparison, I think of the first episode of Heaven Zone, which I absolutely HATED and thought could have been done a million times better. This, in comparison, went pretty well I think.

My two problems were these:
- Kiriha asking DarkKnightmon to join him-- I assume that it was a ploy to get to Nene, since the last episode... sort of implied he was above that kind of thing (as did his and DarkKnightmon's actions in this one), but I dunno. It IS kind of early for his character type to be considered a good guy, so I won't get my hopes up. You punch the dark out of him, Taiki!!
- Taiki having no darkness. Can we just assume the writers forgot the already meager backstory they gave him? I mean really.

As for Pinnochimon... I think it could go both ways for him joining XH. Since he's definitely showing up in the next episode, there's still more for him to do, so we'll see. I'd definitely love for him to join, but on the other hand, who wants an awesome guy like that stuck in the Xros Loader for forever?

Kaid115
12-17-2010, 08:02 PM
what do you guys mean by tsundere Pinocchimon? Is he different from the regular Pinocchimon?

It took two watches through (raw and then subbed) to get used to Pinocchimon's voice, but now I think I like it more than his adventures counterpart.

I liked this episode overal, Pinocchimon is one of my favorite digimon afterall.

Seventh
12-17-2010, 08:24 PM
It's just his personality is all. It really would be a great addition to Xros Heart if they made something of it too.

garfield15
12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
what do you guys mean by tsundere Pinocchimon? Is he different from the regular Pinocchimon?

It just means his personality was very tsundere-like. Just in case, Tsundere means this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere)

Unknown Neo
12-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, another ep. Let's get too it.

So DarkKnightmon was the one to grab Taiki. And all to test his Dark level. Which is 0.

Hey, It's Puppetmon. True to his namesake that I can't spell.

How did Akari throw Dorulumon?

Stupid Garbagemon got the Xros Loader.

Hey look. Trailmon. Cool.

And Shoutmon almost falls off chasing.

...What does Akari think that nose is? It's supposed to bleed a little for that.

And that puppet stole the Xros Loader.

Now It's Kiriha and DarkKnightmon.

And he's collapsed after touching that dark orb. Of course.

Shoutmon almost fell. Ha.

GrandLocomon ran into a bunch of Trailmon. Poor guys.

And he went through a whole town too.

Darn. Puppetmon is strong here. Might be made of of the same wood that Woodman is.

...How did Akari lift such a huge wrench?

What is Puppetmon? Tsundere? Can males be like that?

Great fight though. GrandLocomon's plans were derailed alright.

Oh no! They got hit! By DarkKnightmon?

It's Kiriha! With Skulls Grey and Satamon. And he's hypnotized.

Before the Tune for the toy, we have X-mas Akari.

And Reindeer Monitarmon. Beetles and Watermelon?

Whoa. Big ep next time. Lilithmon shows up and Taiki Punch! Should be great.

Rynnec
12-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who felt that Taiki having no darkness inside him was a copout.
(Along with powers of darkness=TEH EVIL!1!1 but thats another topic.)

So how was Granlocomon going to use the Xros loader to get to other zones anyway? Wouldn't he still have been deleted even if he was entering the portal at highspeeds anyway?

Ah, next episode is also the obligatory "Loner rival briefly turns evil." episode. Wonder if the battle against Darknightmon and co. will be a two-parter?

garfield15
12-17-2010, 10:52 PM
What is Puppetmon? Tsundere? Can males be like that?
Yes.

So how was Granlocomon going to use the Xros loader to get to other zones anyway? Wouldn't he still have been deleted even if he was entering the portal at highspeeds anyway?
Well, it takes like a minute for the portal to even start to delete them so I figured he was just going so fast, it wouldn't have a huge effect (since most of the time we see them in the portal, they're just kinda floating there)

Seventh
12-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who felt that Taiki having no darkness inside him was a copout.
(Along with powers of darkness=TEH EVIL!1!1 but thats another topic.)

It really bugs me though. There is NOTHING WRONG with having "darkness" in you, and one of the most loved characters of Frontier was the EMBODIMENT of it. Not to mention Takato of Tamers kind of had the whole Digital Hazard thing going on, which I imagine is somewhere around 9001 on the 1 to 10 darkness scale. It's like all of that went out the wind for the typical Adventures/02 OH NO DARKNESS schtick.

In any case, yeah, definitely a copout. Hopefully him not having darkness might become a plot point, but I guess we'll see. I was so happy to see Shoutmon tell Pharaohmon "Light? Darkness? Who cares about that crap?" until Taiki ruined it.

Ah, next episode is also the obligatory "Loner rival briefly turns evil." episode. Wonder if the battle against Darknightmon and co. will be a two-parter?

Does Kiriha really count as a loner? I guess that's the best classification, but he's done nothing but ask people to join him since he showed up, not to mention he's a general of an army (and the character with the most love, apparently) so...

garfield15
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't think it's that he has no darkness in him at all, it's that DarkKnightmon said he wanted the "power" of darkness so I was thinking that meant that Taiki was not one able to use the Darkness Loader either that or he personally cannot use the abilities of darkness

I was so happy to see Shoutmon tell Pharaohmon "Light? Darkness? Who cares about that crap?" until Taiki ruined it.
What? When he asked if he would bring light or darkness to the Digital World and Taiki said "light."

Does Kiriha really count as a loner? I guess that's the best classification, but he's done nothing but ask people to join him since he showed up, not to mention he's a general of an army (and the character with the most love, apparently) so...

It's more of his personality that comes across as loner but it's true that most of what he's done is...very anti-loner-ish. I'll just stick with the map screen and call him a "rival."

Seventh
12-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, TAIKI said that - Shoutmon spoke first and said what I quoted, but then Taiki spoke with the "Definitely light!" line or whatever it was. It's been a while. What I was saying was I was really glad to hear that we weren't getting the usual Digimon "DARKNESS IS EVIL" stuff, but then... Yeah.

As for Kiriha, yeah, he does seem to be a loner sometimes, but I think there have been some contradictions to that too - mostly episode 19. Kind of a half-loner. In any case, rival does seem like the better term.

Rynnec
12-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Yeah, "Loner" wasn't the right word for Kiriha.

It really bugs me though. There is NOTHING WRONG with having "darkness" in you, and one of the most loved characters of Frontier was the EMBODIMENT of it. Not to mention Takato of Tamers kind of had the whole Digital Hazard thing going on, which I imagine is somewhere around 9001 on the 1 to 10 darkness scale. It's like all of that went out the wind for the typical Adventures/02 OH NO DARKNESS schtick.

True, and don't even get me STARTED on Digimon Next.

In any case, yeah, definitely a copout. Hopefully him not having darkness might become a plot point, but I guess we'll see. I was so happy to see Shoutmon tell Pharaohmon "Light? Darkness? Who cares about that crap?" until Taiki ruined it.

Well, there's still Beelzemon, but that's kinda drifting off-topic.

Bakuryu Asuka
12-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Taiki likely interpreted it as some kind of queston if he would bring war or peace back then. While Darkness is not evil, it is often misused by evil forces, like DarkKnightmon. And it is often connected to negative feelings. Which is why Nene and Kiriha are perfect victims for DarkKnightmon's plans, not because Darkness is inheretly evil. ( As seen with Taiki having a Dark and a atleast Dark-oriented Digimon in his Team )

Back on Topic, this Episode was clearly meant as a breather between the last and the next Episode.

Seventh
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, that and probably moreso all zones need introductory episodes - not to mention if Pinnochimon DOES join, well, giving him an episode is certainly nice. Otherwise, though, I can understand where complaints of "But it broke the momentum!" came from. Quite frankly, it really did... not take the idea of "Digimon Tamer/General/etc. is lost, alone, without their Digivice" like I was hoping it might before I watched the preview for 20. Because that's a plot that's rarely done, as far as I can tell.

On another note-- Watching again, yeah, Akari really DOES seem absurdly strong for no reason, doesn't she? Could this be some... foreshadowing, maybe? I remember her gunning down some Bagura guys way back at some point as well, so it might just be her character too I suppose.

the comp
12-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Oh, yeah, where was Beelzemon this episode? I mean, given his role he obviously doesn't need to show up every time, but it felt weird not seeing him after he's been around non-stop since his debut. I guess he was in another zone, in which case I don't expect him next episode, either.

Although, if it turns out he was in Dust Zone, then he was doing a pretty crappy job as the team guardian. :P

Monox D. I-Fly
12-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Oh, yeah, where was Beelzemon this episode? I mean, given his role he obviously doesn't need to show up every time, but it felt weird not seeing him after he's been around non-stop since his debut. I guess he was in another zone, in which case I don't expect him next episode, either.

Although, if it turns out he was in Dust Zone, then he was doing a pretty crappy job as the team guardian. :P

Yeah, I think this time he was in the Xros Loader. Like someone here said that the Digimon in the Xros Loader didn't come out when it's not in Taiki's hand.