PDA

View Full Version : Xros Wars Episode 12: Sand Zone and the Great Adventure in the Ruins!

Vande
09-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Xros Wars Episode 12 Premiere

Episode thread for Episode 12 of Xros Wars, will be unlocked before airring.

Air Time
07:27pm Tuesday (JST) - Japan
11:27am Tuesday (BST) - UK
06:27am Tuesday (EST) - East Coast
05:27am Tuesday (CST) - Central
03:27am Tuesday (PST) - West Coast

No spoilers past this episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

MarcFBR
10-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Unlocked it early.

No posty until episode... starty.

willischong
10-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Starmon and Pickmons are together in the DigiXros scene... ;D

Garmmon
10-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Ooooh finally. :]
Hey was that Silphymon?

Wowww Shoutmon is HYPER.
TRAAAAAAAAP!!!!! Hey that's Dorulumon's attack from like..episode 3 or something.
Ohh Evilmon. Oooooohhh SHINY.

Damn I love Blastmon.
Wow Blastmon eats jewels? SHINYYY.
And woww Blastmon is pretty big.
Damn Blastmon is awesome.

Revolmon totally didn't sound like what I expected lol.
Oh but crazy roller coaster rides. A must for any mine cart scene..
Haha I like Revolmon's way of thinking.

What the hell. Akari proves herself useful in the weirdest ways..first the Mantaraymon videogame shooting, now this...

Who knew they'd use a BigMamemon in place of the obligatory giant rolling boulder. But it fits perfectly |D

BLAAAAAAAASTMON ROCKETTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
awesome.
Wow HolyAngemon's DigiMemory speaked?

Come on Zenjirou, be a man! |P

Ohh, everybody's gathering again.
Heyy, Cyberdramon. Though that was kinda sudden..

(a bit unrelated, but Japanese commercials never fail to weird me out)

Hey, an Angemon.
A church in Sand Zone huh..weird place for a church thing..
Looking forward to more Blastmon, yeah.

Soluble Toast
10-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Pretty alright episode. Not great, but not bad.
Blastmon makes me laugh. I didn't think I'd like him, but he's refreshing from the super evil Lilithmon/Tactimon.

Early scene of Heaven Zone at the start of the episode? Strange angel statue along with Silphymon and Angemon.
Heaven's Gate was disappointing. It only transported them outside of the pyramid?
Sparrowmon and Cyberdramon look powerful. Wonder if Blastmon'll survive to see episode 14. Probably, but you never know. :P

onkeikun
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
The highlight of the episode was, I thought, when Dorulumon used his Drill Blader. He looked like a happy meal toy.

Not a bad episode, very nicely paced. I'm looking more forward to the next one. Possessed!Cutemon is like a boss

BlitzkrieGreymon
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Things that surprised me:
Jijimon coming out of the Xros Loader between the zones. I'm glad they didn't forget to remind us that only humans can travel between zones that way, I'd hate to see them break their own rules.
The "Goddess" looked a bit like a female Beelzebumon, at least in the head area.
Taiki & Co didn't actually spend that much time in the desert part of the Desert Zone. At least they went through all the desert tropes pretty quickly.
Revolmon's voice, it didn't say "living gun" or "treasure hunter" to me at all.
That they all fit in that mine cart, I mean sure Ballistamon was hanging off the back, but Dorulumon looked to be taking up 90% of the cart to himself.
Their efforts to open the Pharaohmon door being so gross and wait, what? I'm sure the farting and kissing makes more sense in context, but what?
BigMamemon's cameo as a living adventure-archaeologist trope.
HolyAngemon's attack was underwhelming, but at least it didn't feel like Taiki wasted it since it wasn't as impressive as expected..
Blastmon's careless overconfidence causing himself to take himself out. I suppose I should have predicted he'd be an arrogant brute, but I didn't see him being such a bumbler, at least not so quickly after his appearance was revealed.
Revolmon's betrayal, no wait, that wasn't really surprising at all.
Wait, how did they get into Pharaohmon's room from the bridge exactly? The way it changed I would have guessed that the bridge was an illusion, but then where did Blastmon go when he fell?
I thought for a second, that when Pharaohmon went all ghosty that he might turn out to be a Lampmon in disguise. I don't know why I thought that.
The whole thing was a test from Revolmon to prove they were deserving of the Code Crown and the Digi-Memories? Is that what he gave them? I wish we could have gotten to see those up close.
They got the Code Crown pretty fast, but I suppose they want to devote the rest of this arc to... Other things. Things with goddesses, angels, and very large guns.
Sparrowmon was pretty cool in action, he had better be after that cliffhanger in the last episode.
Monimon showed up out of the blue, not that I shouldn't have expected this. Showing up without warning is Nene's whole thing.
Monitamon's attack was surprising, I thought I read that they weren't prone to attacking when alone. Not that it did anything.
Blastmon didn't seem awfully bothered by Sparrowmon flying circles around him and blasting him.
Cyberdramon was pretty interesting. Did he just grab Blastmon with a claw that came out of his chest and then blast him at point-blank? Very alien.
Blastmon got blasted more often than he did the blasting.
Pretty interesting that Angemon is showing up, maybe Desert Zone really is just a prelude to the... Next one.

onkeikun
10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
New Digimemories look like they're Guilmon, Patamon, V-mon, and... Pteranomon? Three out of four obviously for the nostalgia factor again.

AlforceVeedramon
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
New Digimemories look like they're Guilmon, Patamon, V-mon, and... Pteranomon? Three out of four obviously for the nostalgia factor again.

yay for V-mon!

garfield15
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
OMFGWTF RANDOM GALGOMON!??

"Oh don't worry this was all a test. Here, have a Code Crown and some DigiMemories. Later!"

They busted out the nice animation and everything and I was ready for an epic battle and then...that. Kinda anticlimactic.

-I need someone to screencap Kiriha pulling on Nene's hair.

-Oh sweet, they remembered Jijimon existed. I guess they realized that he hasn't been seen in a while. I had a feeling that he'd be the one to explain what had been happening to the world.

-Blastmon was...honestly pretty much what I was expecting. Complete buffoon but powerful (even though he kept getting owned in this episode). I did lol like crazy when he ran in the wall and everybody's just looking at him like "...What?"

-This episode was pretty normal until the end when Nene showed up (she makes everything better). And then SURPRISE! CYBERDRAMON'S RAPING YOUR FACE AND SHOOTING YOU! So yeah, I'm looking forward to the next one after that.

BTW, has anybody else read Pendragon? This show is starting to remind me of it.

I'm looking more forward to the next one. Possessed!Cutemon is like a boss

Yes!

EDIT: Be honest, did anybody actually expect Akari's sex appeal kiss to actually work? I was so sure it wasn't going to.

Extremesonic101
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Lilithmon made me lol.
found this on a website with a couple screencaps but none of Cyberdramon which is what I'm looking for.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/dmyxmember/blog%20photos%20-%20DM/Digimon%20Xros%20Wars%20ep%204/ep%2012/02.jpg
Btw does anyone know if Sparrowmon is male or female yet?

garfield15
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/dmyxmember/blog%20photos%20-%20DM/Digimon%20Xros%20Wars%20ep%204/ep%2012/02.jpg
That's perfect.

Look at Nene's troll face.

Extremesonic101
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I know XD Hazama has some troll competition. I was almost gonna make it my icon but I like this picture too so someone else can use that

Seymour Butz
10-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Oddly enough, the things to which I was really looking forward in this episode were lame, while the things that I expected to be a bit blasé were pretty awesome. ‘Heaven's Gate’ got downgraded once again. Over the past decade, it has gone from killing Piemon and his army, to almost sucking in Black War Greymon before the power source was cut off, to being torn open by Arkadimon, to being used as a mere beam weapon against the Mamemon trio and NEO, to just teleporting the Scorpiomon and Evilmon away. Lame, lame, lame. Also defeating Pharaohmon with the power of friendship was pretty anticlimactic.

On the other hand, the crawl through the ruins was surprisingly fun, especially the way that they tackled the big gate, and Blastmon was fucking awesome. When he started flying, I started laughing, and when he crashed through a wall, I could not stop. Scorpiomon landing on his head was also amusing, and the big guy's facial expressions were priceless. This is definitely a villain worth standing shoulder-to-shoulder next to the bad-ass samurai with a snake god sword and the pair of talking E-cups.

I can tell just by reading what other people have written that I missed some of the next episode preview due to skipping, so I will take a closer look tomorrow, but I did notice that, once again, Angemon is debuting in episode thirteen. Also, the statue of the goddess at the beginning reminded me a little of Ancient Irismon.

Infinity Blade
10-12-2010, 11:50 PM
I know XD Hazama has some troll competition.

Please. They're both just cribbing off the master - Xellos. ;)

THAT SAID, good - if weird - episode. Cyberdramon is SCARY.

Like, total nightmare fuel.

I mean. Tentacles, man. That ain't EVER gonna end well.

A7ac4ma
10-13-2010, 03:31 AM
While Jijimon was talking about the CodeCrown, in the warp thingy, and it was asked what happened for it to shatter Jijimon said something along the lines of "That's because you humans...", what do you guys think this means? Possible influence from the Real World on the Digital World?

After that, when they finally reach Sand Zone, Jijimon talks about it and a few images are shown of what it used to look, or at least that's what I got from it, the statue (http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r154/Megidoramon/DigimonXW12-1.png) looks a lot like a female version of Beelzemon of sorts, could this be the Goddess statue? Also, in the same image, I noticed these two Digimon (http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r154/Megidoramon/DigimonXW12.png), can someone identify them or are they new?

acidic
10-13-2010, 06:01 AM
After that, when they finally reach Sand Zone, Jijimon talks about it and a few images are shown of what it used to look, or at least that's what I got from it, the statue (http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r154/Megidoramon/DigimonXW12-1.png) looks a lot like a female version of Beelzemon of sorts, could this be the Goddess statue? Also, in the same image, I noticed these two Digimon (http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r154/Megidoramon/DigimonXW12.png), can someone identify them or are they new?

The one on the right looks like Karatenmon to me.

A7ac4ma
10-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Ah yeah, it's Karatenmon. Its wings are different so it was hard for me to identify it. And now that I think about it, could the one on the left be SlashAngemon with a different type of wings and clothing, just like Karatenmon?

Bakuryu Asuka
10-13-2010, 09:16 AM
They are both Karatenmon.
And yeah, that Statue totally looks like a female Beelzebumon in a dress...Personally I hope we get actual Digimon based on those statues ( this one and the one in Bastia Castle so far ) at some point.

Oddly enough, the things to which I was really looking forward in this episode were lame, while the things that I expected to be a bit blasé were pretty awesome. ‘Heaven's Gate’ got downgraded once again. Over the past decade, it has gone from killing Piemon and his army, to almost sucking in Black War Greymon before the power source was cut off, to being torn open by Arkadimon, to being used as a mere beam weapon against the Mamemon trio and NEO, to just teleporting the Scorpiomon and Evilmon away. Lame, lame, lame.

HA! I knew atleast someone would complain about the use of the holy Vaccum Cleaner!
Let's see: Evilmon and Piemon were Dark Digimon, which are weak against Holy. Even then Piemon was only sucked in due to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.
The Mamemon Brothers are not Dark Digimon, so it only does average damage.
Arkadimon broke free due to its high power. Keep in mind he owned Digimon way more powerfull than HolyAngemon.
NEO...well NEO once again owned way more powerfull Digimon.
And her we have it again, used against Dark Digimon. Sure, it should work, but there were also Insect Digimon present, disrupting the effects. Funny enough it was in a fight against an Insect in 02, where Hikari mentioned the whole Effectiveness thing for people who did not get it by then.
I would hardly call that a downgrade!

Also, the statue of the goddess at the beginning reminded me a little of Ancient Irismon.

More like Beelzebumon...with Darcmon's staff.

Seymour Butz
10-13-2010, 10:02 AM
And yeah, that Statue totally looks like a female Beelzebumon in a dress...Personally I hope we get actual Digimon based on those statues ( this one and the one in Bastia Castle so far ) at some point.

Rule sixty-three of Beelzebumon? Dooooo want! Holy shit, I think that I might actually like it better if she was animated or made into a card, but was still named Beelzebumon. Gender differences within species, go go go!

HA! I knew atleast someone would complain about the use of the holy Vaccum Cleaner!
Let's see: Evilmon and Piemon were Dark Digimon, which are weak against Holy. Even then Piemon was only sucked in due to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.
The Mamemon Brothers are not Dark Digimon, so it only does average damage.
Arkadimon broke free due to its high power. Keep in mind he owned Digimon way more powerfull than HolyAngemon.
NEO...well NEO once again owned way more powerfull Digimon.
And her we have it again, used against Dark Digimon. Sure, it should work, but there were also Insect Digimon present, disrupting the effects. Funny enough it was in a fight against an Insect in 02, where Hikari mentioned the whole Effectiveness thing for people who did not get it by then.
I would hardly call that a downgrade!

‘Worf had the flu’ — just because there are canonical explanations for why it keeps sucking more every time that it gets used does not remove the narrative dissonance that arises when it is compared with how strong its earlier uses were (‘the Worf effect’). Frankly, it was all tolerable up until this point — it obviously cannot be a guaranteed one-shot attack, so it has to have a beam weapon function, and he did not want to kill the Mamemon, blah blah blah — but instead of using one of the two functions of the attack, they turned it into a lame teleportation spell. The presence of the Scorpiomon should not have caused that: Just suck in the Evilmon then, or use the beam weapon function. This attack did something that it has never been known to do in a decade of media, and I would be completely fine with that, except that the new thing is absolute shit compared to the original(s). Rage.

Also they did not show the gate itself twirling and opening, just a big hole in space. That made me angry too.

Kariachi
10-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Rule sixty-three of Beelzebumon? Dooooo want! Holy shit, I think that I might actually like it better if she was animated or made into a card, but was still named Beelzebumon. Gender differences within species, go go go!

I'm with you on this one. I've been wanting official species diversity(besides 'this species that doesn't look definitively to be either can be either') for years! Get Beelzebumon(f) and Bastemon(m) in the same scene, and I will be happy.

Who knows, we may get just that.

‘Worf had the flu’ — just because there are canonical explanations for why it keeps sucking more every time that it gets used does not remove the narrative dissonance that arises when it is compared with how strong its earlier uses were (‘the Worf effect’). Frankly, it was all tolerable up until this point — it obviously cannot be a guaranteed one-shot attack, so it has to have a beam weapon function, and he did not want to kill the Mamemon, blah blah blah — but instead of using one of the two functions of the attack, they turned it into a lame teleportation spell. The presence of the Scorpiomon should not have caused that: Just suck in the Evilmon then, or use the beam weapon function. This attack did something that it has never been known to do in a decade of media, and I would be completely fine with that, except that the new thing is absolute shit compared to the original(s). Rage.

Also they did not show the gate itself twirling and opening, just a big hole in space. That made me angry too.

Personally, I preferred it this way. While I can't really speak for the other ones, the differences between this version and the original make me smile. Always was annoyed by Heaven's Gate just being a black hole, this changes that and manages to fit the show better.

Soluble Toast
10-13-2010, 12:36 PM
to being used as a mere beam weapon against the Mamemon trio

HolyAngemon used Heavens Gate against the Mamemon trio?
Was this only in the Japanese version? I never did get to see the Japanese version of the world tour.

Voidmon
10-13-2010, 02:56 PM
This episode was like a warming up one for me. A Indiana Jones themed episode with some touch of comedy. Blastmon's personality makes him pretty funny too, he is now my second favourite general.
I don't like the fact the Digimemories can be used again since you go to another zone, it is like giving a lot of weapons for Taiki. At least HolyAngemon's technique has a less powerful version in the Xros Wars universe.

HolyAngemon used Heavens Gate against the Mamemon trio?
Was this only in the Japanese version? I never did get to see the Japanese version of the world tour.

Yes, he used, in a different way, but still used.
He was not trying to kill them, so he just shot energy beams through it instead swallowing everyone to death.

TMS
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Good episode. Loved Blastmon. Was a little disappointed by the Pharaohmon fight. I think these mysterious statues may be a plot point later on. I hope, however, that they do not make the statues representations of gender bent Digimon. Beelzebub is a male demon (some male demons do take female form, but Beelzebub has never been said to do so), Bast is a female goddess. If they're going to make these statues into real Digimon I fell they should be given different names.

Kariachi
10-13-2010, 05:43 PM
I think these mysterious statues may be a plot point later on. I hope, however, that they do not make the statues representations of gender bent Digimon. Beelzebub is a male demon (some male demons do take female form, but Beelzebub has never been said to do so), Bast is a female goddess. If they're going to make these statues into real Digimon I fell they should be given different names.

Like what?

Yes, Beelzebub is normally male, and Bast is female, so them being single-gender species makes sense. One problem with that though.

Digimon breed in this digi-verse.

That fact combined with seeing the Cutemon village gives the possibility that digimon tend to breed within their species, meaning that there would have to be males and females of each species.

And now, to contradict that, am I the only one who suddenly wants Beelzebumon/Bastemon-ness by the end of the show?

Seymour Butz
10-14-2010, 12:54 AM
And now, to contradict that, am I the only one who suddenly wants Beelzebumon/Bastemon-ness by the end of the show?

No. Am I the only one who wants Slash Angemon to be the next to join the team, and have the archangel and the demon king be that pair that quarrels a lot but then teams up to fight a bad guy from time to time?

garfield15
10-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Oh, now I see Jijimon's line about humans.

Veeeery interesting. It seems that our world messed up the Digital World somehow but we'll figure that out later.

Vande
10-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Quite a lot of comedy in this episode, i enjoyed it.

- Jijimon, don't leave us like that damnit.
- Blastmon is a great comedy villian.
- The Digimemories can be used again eh, i like how Taiki says all FIVE are back to normal when he's only used four.
- Disappointed about Heaven's Gate.
- V-Mon, Guilmon, Patamon and ??? Digimemories, so that's #9
- The hell, when did Kiriha get Cyberdramon...

Kariachi
10-14-2010, 06:52 AM
No. Am I the only one who wants Slash Angemon to be the next to join the team, and have the archangel and the demon king be that pair that quarrels a lot but then teams up to fight a bad guy from time to time?

Beelzebumon X2!!! Or just tag-teaming opponents!! That would be awesome!!

And now I want at least one episode dedicated to the interactions of Xros Heart's army with each other. I get the feeling Beelzebumon and the holy bases will be having problems.

Soluble Toast
10-14-2010, 06:53 AM
After watching it subbed, I lol'd hard at Blastmon's "I'm being hugged. Does this mean...You love me!?" comment.

garfield15
10-14-2010, 06:56 AM
After watching it subbed, I lol'd hard at Blastmon's "I'm being hugged. Does this mean...You love me!?" comment.

That made me spit out my drink a little.

TMS
10-14-2010, 10:06 AM
I didn't pick up on Blastmon's self-absorbtion until I saw the subs. It's an interesting addition to his character.

Sabrblade
10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Too funny and too awesome an episode for words to describe!

‘Heaven's Gate’ got downgraded once again. Over the past decade, it has gone from killing Piemon and his army, to almost sucking in Black War Greymon before the power source was cut off, to being torn open by Arkadimon, to being used as a mere beam weapon against the Mamemon trio and NEO, to just teleporting the Scorpiomon and Evilmon away.
Yes, he used, in a different way, but still used.
He was not trying to kill them, so he just shot energy beams through it instead swallowing everyone to death.No he did not. He did not use the Heaven's Gate attack in either the fight against the Mamemon in 02 or the fight against NEO in Next. I just rewatched and reread both fights and here's what happens:
In the Mamemon fight, he merely swings Excalibur at them, using it as its proper sword function.
In the fight against NEO, he uses Excalibur in unison with Zanbamon's Juumonji Giri attack to block NEO's energy blast fired at Tsurugi. He swings the sword forward to stop the attack. No "beam firing" is used by him in this scene.
The Heaven's Gate attack is not justified by simply using Excalibur in whatever fashion, but by using it specifically in a circular formation to create/summon the actual gate that the attack is named for. Excalibur has more than one purpose aside from creating/summoning said gate. It is involved in multiple attacks used by HolyAngemon.

I scratched my head at that one. Though, Cyberdramon made it all the more aweosme as he grabbed Blastmon and fired at point-blank range. :o ;D 8)

Though, anyone have an idea why Nene's team was simply referred to as the "Black Army" instead of a proper name? Are they just trying to keep her team's name a secret? If so, I don't see a reason to, since the name was revealed to the public a long time ago.

Lhikan634
10-14-2010, 11:43 AM
My guess is that the Bugra/Bagura Army generals (or at least Blastmon) doesn't know the names of the armies, just the fact that a XrosLoader indicates the general of an army. And he sees they come in the colors black, blue, and red. Sound like battle-related colors much…? Wonder if the developers meant to do that… ::)

Also a bit disappointed by the lameness of MagnaAngemon's appearance. Though he actually speaks, so that's a good sign. Now, if they stated that since it was a digi-memory instead of the actual digimon there wasn't enough power to black-hole them, I'd buy it. But combined with it just appearing rapidly and teleporting them, even the Vilemon… coulda been better made. Though it still sucks them into it instead of requiring them to willingly jump in, so that's a plus :P

Holydramon
10-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I liked the episode. It started to introduce us more in the digital world´s history, tough it was veeery little...Jijimon ¬¬. Also, it was good to see Sparrowmon in action, can´t wait to see more of it :3. And Blastmon was very funny, I laughed hard with the "you love me" xDD

Arekku_Koro
10-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Looking at it, I believe the unidentified digimemory is not pteramon, but rather Darkdramon.

Soluble Toast
10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Dave Mallow better voice HolyAngemon in the dub version of Xros Wars.(If we get one) Also, Angemon in episode 13 if he has a speaking role. :3
Could be very likely since he's been a VA in all 5 seasons and even reprised his role as Angemon in Frontier.

On the note of the last DigiMemory, I hope it isn't Pteranomon. Darkdramon would be so much more epic. Pteranomon just doesn't make sense as a Digimemory, since we saw some in episode..1? or was it 2?

Agu-Chan
10-14-2010, 03:25 PM
From watching this episode I can see some of the seriousness seen in previous episodes seems to have let up a little.

Not sure why but nene seemed a little different in this episode.
Sparrowmon seems like a very powerful digimon on her team.

Anyone think Revolmon may join Xros Heart.

acidic
10-14-2010, 03:27 PM

Same here. xD

Blastmon is now my second favourite character~

Cyberdramon reminds me so much of Alien. In Sand Zone, no one can hear you scream...

Taiki's goggles are like the cartoon lightbulbs. They light up when he gets an idea. :o

Sparrowmon was pretty cool, and glad to see more Nene. But this episode needed moar Kiriha. :C

Red, black, and blue armies.... It makes me think of pens. ^_^'

The Chaos Entity
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
It looked like MetalGarurumon to me.....Makes sense as it comes with Cyberdramon

Unknown Neo
10-14-2010, 10:48 PM
It is late, I am going to bed after I post this.

Yes, we're back. This season will be a long one to watch with all the breaks. At least it's 52 eps. I think.

Ha. More jokes about Kiriha. But the map screen is just hilarious

That's why they stay in the Xros Loader. They can't stand the crossing over. We'll have to remember that. ...I'll try not to make that joke again.

*ahem* Hey look, Sand Zone was a big famous zone. And... is that a Beelzewomon statue? Please let it be so people say. And mons in cloaks.

With all these upside down floating Pyramids I wonder if there's a robot serpent around here anywhere I have to look out for. ...I hated that level. Stupid meteors falling while I'm trying to smash that statue. Sorry, Off Topic.

Hey, it's not Scorpiomon. Or he is. SkullScorpiomon in the US.

It's Blastmon. And he has the Infinity Gauntlet. ...Or is that all the Chaos Emeralds.

There's Revolmon. And they sunk in the water. But Dorulumon and Balistamon are very heavy.

While a fart is... Hey, the door has a thing for Akari. heh heh

BigMameon. Da na na na na na naaaaa! (Indiana Jones theme since I know can't sing but I tried. heh)

Best plan ever. Hide, then break it.

Blastmon may not be the smart one of the group.

Hey, it's the other Digimemory. Holy (Magna) Angemon. Cool.

It's Pharaohmon. Awesome.

Sparrowmon! And Monitarmon's move. Fitting.

Of course it was a test. It's always like that.

Code Crown and 4 more memories. Alright!

The Monitarmon saw it all. heh heh

Holy Cow! It's Cyberdramon!

Ha ha. Love? See. Blastmon is not the smart one. He's the tough one. Power instead of technique.

Next ep, Ba'almon or Beelzemon as he seems to be changes sides and we see EBEmon and Lillithmon.

...Next week is an epsiode right?

Good episode. Really good.

Agu-Chan
10-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I imagine when the dub comes around there might be abit of censoring in this episode particularly around Revolmon(Guns you know).

Seymour Butz
10-15-2010, 02:09 AM
He did not use the Heaven's Gate attack in either the fight against the Mamemon in 02 or the fight against NEO in Next. I just rewatched and reread both fights and here's what happens:
In the Mamemon fight, he merely swings Excalibur at them, using it as its proper sword function.
In the fight against NEO, he uses Excalibur in unison with Zanbamon's Juumonji Giri attack to block NEO's energy blast fired at Tsurugi. He swings the sword forward to stop the attack. No "beam firing" is used by him in this scene.

Wow. My memory must be foggy.

Looking at it, I believe the unidentified digimemory is not pteramon, but rather Darkdramon.

I concur. The second character appears to be a vowel-lengthening chouompu, which would fit daa-ku-do-ra-mo-n. It also seems to have the right number of characters, unlike with Pteranomon's and Metal Garurumon's names.

I imagine when the dub comes around there might be abit of censoring in this episode particularly around Revolmon(Guns you know).

I do not remember him being censored in 02.

CloneWarrior
10-15-2010, 02:17 AM
I do not remember him being censored in 02.

The Revolmon were in Savers. It likely will depend on who might be doing the dubbing.

Sabrblade
10-15-2010, 07:00 AM
I'd imagine the censorship would go to Jijmon's unnecessary fart. ::)

Soluble Toast
10-15-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm also guessing Akari's "sex appeal" will be the first thing to censor. I honestly thought "wtf" when I read that. Might be bad translation, I hope to go it is.

Revolmon shouldn't be censored much. I do remember one of his attacks being removed in the English dub of 02 though.

Also, watching the episode again and looking more closely at the Digimemories, I'm thinking the unknown Digimemory is Tailmon...or even Culumon. :S

TMS
10-15-2010, 09:24 AM
If there is the slightest reason to censor or alter something in the dub, rest assured it will be done.

Unknown Neo
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
We don't even know who will be dubbing so we don't know how it would be censored.

jpwong
10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Despite being off the air so long, episode did 2.9% (same as the 1 hour special)

the comp
10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Alright, just watched the sub last night. One thing I have to commend this show on is how dang funny it's managed to be. I choked on my drink in last episode's "I suddenly have doubts about the future," and this episode managed to top that with the "You love me?!" line. Bravo.

Anyway, thoughts:

-As someone else said, this episode felt like a warm up for getting back into it.

-The floating zone islands remind of the level select planets in the Mario Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts series.

-Kind of disappointed the Lake Zone crew didn't get an appearance, not even a Chibikamemon-esque appear at the beginning and then disappear until the next zone.

-There are a lot of verbal tics in this series, evil.

-I wonder if the crystal Zenjirou took to repair Ballistamon with will end up being important?

-Both the mine cart scene and the BigMamemon scene were great.

-That door had the dopiest laugh.

-Maybe Gate of Destiny has been a portal spell this whole time, and so far it's just been used to send them to some empty dimension? I don't know.

-Sparrowmon splits into four?

-I like how Monimon's voice is deeper than Monitormon's. :P

-Interested to learn more about Baalmon.

Inpu
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Which "unidentified" DigiMemory are you guys talking about? I saw one that was kind of blendy, but was pretty obviously MetalGarurumon if you compare the two. The others were Veemon, Guilmon, and Patamon.

CloneWarrior
10-21-2010, 04:46 PM
I saw one that was kind of blendy, but was pretty obviously MetalGarurumon if you compare the two.

Um, "obviously"?

DigiMemory (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/pokemega32/OtherStuff/digimemory.png)
MetalGarurumon (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/pokemega32/OtherStuff/metalgarurumon.png)

I don't see it.

Lhikan634
10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Um, "obviously"?

DigiMemory (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/pokemega32/OtherStuff/digimemory.png)
MetalGarurumon (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/pokemega32/OtherStuff/metalgarurumon.png)

I don't see it.

The right side of the memory has a red nose (the circle/triangle thing). If you trace his head back, especially his nostrils and teeth, it looks remarkably like him. Oh, and they have the same coloration (eyes, head, nose, jaw…).

CloneWarrior
10-21-2010, 10:59 PM
The right side of the memory has a red nose (the circle/triangle thing). If you trace his head back, especially his nostrils and teeth, it looks remarkably like him. Oh, and they have the same coloration (eyes, head, nose, jaw…).

Except his head isn't shaped anything like that. Could you possibly circle where the nostrils and teeth are supposed to be?

And why would he be facing to the right when every other Digimon is facing to the left?

Also, we already know what his DigiMemory looks like in the toyline, and it looks nothing like that.

Garmmon
10-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Um, "obviously"?

I don't see it.
I'm guessing that it's Darkdramon. Its name seems to have that..katakana line thing that Darkdramon's name has (that MetalGarurumon's name doesn't), and that whitish thing looks like Darkdramon's glowing lance:
http://cards.wtw-x.net/booster/Bo-1170/

..Okay it actually doesn't look like anything, but whatever.

Inpu
10-22-2010, 06:06 AM
I'm guessing that it's Darkdramon. Its name seems to have that..katakana line thing that Darkdramon's name has (that MetalGarurumon's name doesn't), and that whitish thing looks like Darkdramon's glowing lance:
http://cards.wtw-x.net/booster/Bo-1170/

..Okay it actually doesn't look like anything, but whatever.

No, I mean the MetalGarurumon DigiMemory is already out.

Here (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/File:MetalGarurumon d.png)

And it matches that, within reason. You can see the jaw-axle, and the white lower jaw. He's facing to the left, though, I don't see how that's to the right.

...I guess, looking at it, it looks a bit messy, but it's either him or Impmon and Gatomon, and it looks even less like them. Plus, it would give Taiki another super-powered DigiMemory like Leviamon's.

The Chaos Entity
10-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Looks like Darkdramon or Impmon to me...
And Darkdramon is just as, if not more powerful then MetalGarurumon

Inpu
10-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Looks like Darkdramon or Impmon to me...
And Darkdramon is just as, if not more powerful then MetalGarurumon

Right, but Darkdramon hasn't been released as a DigiMemory, whereas MetalGarurumon, Impmon, and Gatomon have. When Taiki got the first set of DigiMemories, they were all ones that had been released with the Xros Figure series (or the X Loader itself, for HolyAngemon).

The Chaos Entity
10-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah....
Your forgetting Deckerdramon, he can Xros with MetalFreymon into DeckerGreymon, Therefore, it's logical to assume he'll have a Xros figure series figure (Redundent sentence?) and thus, a Digi-Memory

Inpu
10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah....
Your forgetting Deckerdramon, he can Xros with MetalFreymon into DeckerGreymon, Therefore, it's logical to assume he'll have a Xros figure series figure (Redundent sentence?) and thus, a Digi-Memory

Not....really, since I specifically said that the previous set was for "released" figures, not figures that could possible be released in the future. (Besides, Knightmon, ChibiKamemon, PawnChessmons, White Pickmon, and Red Pickmon can also DigiXros, but there's been no word about figures for them.)

CloneWarrior
10-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Here (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/File:MetalGarurumon d.png)

And it matches that, within reason. You can see the jaw-axle, and the white lower jaw. He's facing to the left, though, I don't see how that's to the right.

What?

That looks nothing like the DigiMemory in the show.

Can someone else please tell me I'm not blind and that these two DigiMemories look nothing alike?

MetalGarurumon (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/File:MetalGarurumon d.png)
Unknown (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/pokemega32/OtherStuff/digimemory.png)

Soluble Toast
10-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't see it either. The only thing that could be recognisable is the red dot on the far right being the nose. The nose would be far too big to fit in the rest of his body though. Logically, if that red dot is his nose, the rest of the blue we see in the Digimemory would only be his face, which doesn't match the MetalGarurumon Digimemory we've been shown. I also don't see why they'd make him face to the right when all of the other Digimemories have been facing left.

I can't make out what it is. The more I look at it, the more I see Cyberdramon, but with a redesigned Cyberdramon in this season, it can't be.