With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 51 of 225 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Red shirt

Re: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

I was hoping for more Xros Digimon, but it's good to know they haven't forgotten the Devas. Weren't they doing one of those a week for a while?

I'm going digital

No idea about the hiragana around the character, but I recognize 狗 as being dog from way back when taking Chinese language classes as a younger kid, so I must concur with Garmmon.

It'll be a while before I get last week's done, and this week's too.

However....seriously? They retranslated Galgomon as Gargomon? We just had the real Gargomon in the anime.

Also, someone who is fluent in Japanese should probably e-mail them and tell them that the Renamon and Wendimon links don't actually work.

Oh, and that there aren't links up for Ex-Tyranomon and Agumon Hakase.

I come from the net

Another reason not to strictly follow Digimon Dictionary?

This was one week I actually wished they stuck to Xros Wars Digimon. I really want to read OmegaShoutmon's profile!

[quote author=Deviate link=topic=13377.msg206191#msg206191 date=1299814277]
    Another reason not to strictly follow Digimon Dictionary?
    [/quote]

Well, to be fair, I don't think we've ever gotten an official romanization for either of them, have we? We've been assuming the dub was a misspelling all this time, but it could always be possible that it wasn't (maybe it's supposed to be Gargomon and Gargoymon, or something).

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook

Does "gargo" have any meaning, though?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net

In case of this Gargomon? Likely a corruption of Galgo, a Breed of Dog. In case of the other Gargomon, it would be short for Gargoyle.

Also: Cutest Demonic Koala ever! Here is Phascomon!

For Galgomon -> Gargomon, that's likely the whole l-r thing in Japanese for the original trans-lingual naming. When they put a name on the site, it's possible that they just used the dub version since the letters looked about right (I really don't trust their use of the English language, like I wouldn't trust my using Greek, even though I know the "alpha-beta&quot.

Completely digital

Today's readable profiles for the Western Digimon fan set are as follows:

Gargomon
    A Beast Man Digimon that evolves from Terriermon, this Hunter Digimon excels in hunting. Contrary to his physical appearance, his quick movements and unmatched precision attacks are sure to bring down his opponents. He jumps high into the sky with his strong legs and can then glide by expanding his ears. He usually has a merry disposition, but he becomes uncontrollable once he gets angry. His favourite "D-VI'S503xx" jeans is an attentive item. His special attacks are "Gatling Arm", fired from the vulcans on his arms, and "Dum Dum Upper", in which he jumps onto the enemy's chest and performs an uppercut by firing his Gatling Arm on it.

Phascomon
    A Demon Beast Digimon that lives in the "Evil Forest", a black forest that covers a large region of the Dark Area. He's often found curled up in trees sleeping. This fully-fledged demon Digimon may look harmless at first glance, but there have been many reports of him flying from the trees and attacking those he has deceived. His special attacks are "Evil Snore", in which he emanates sleep waves from his sleepy eyes, and "Eucaly Claw", in which he attacks with his sharp claws that are tinged with venom, paralyzing the enemy.

I come from the net

Update Time!

This Bunny Digimon is often considered to be the "good" Adult Level of Lopmon. Here is Turuiemon!

This Bird Digimon can generally be found in in cold places. Being based on a Penguin and all. Here is Penmon!