With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 236 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt

Re: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Kryten, don't double post again.

Completely digital

Today's readable profiles for the Western Digimon fan set are as follows:

Indramon
    An Ultimate Digimon that looks like a horse and is one of the "Deva Digimon". A subordinate of the Four Holy Beasts member Zhuqiaomon, he is disgustingly self-conceited. Whenever his mouth opens, only boasts come out of it, and he never misses the chance to maintain his mane and tail. He laughs at those who are being attacked, and makes an effort to perfect his talents. His rivalry with another Deva member, Vajiramon, is especially foul. In combat, he brandishes his huge, prized, roughly-planed "Pao Pei" shell like a club, mowing down the enemy whilst also taking care about his physical and personal appearance. His special attack is "Adomukuha", which uses his terrific breathing to blow into his shell and create a supersonic wave.

MirageGaogamon Burst Mode
    Temporarily receiving limited abilities, MirageGaogamon evolves into this special being whose weaponry is clothed in an aura made of high planetary-classed energy. His special attacks are "Final Mirage Burst", which uses his own powers and releases the energy hidden within his weapon, and "Full Moon Meteor Impact", which throws photospheres full of planetary-classed energy at the enemy. He also has "Lunar Hook Slasher", which slashes with the energy-covered crescent tip on the end of his weapon.

Sorry this took so long, I have some intense family issues going on right now, so I couldn't get to it immediately.

Also, sorry for double posting earlier.

I come from the net

Update time! Today both Digimon start with J.

Our first Digimon appeared in all 5 Digimon Series so far. And also in V-Tamer. Every time with a different role...He might be old, but he is still the Master of the Forest. You young Whippersnappers better watch out! Here is Jyureimon!
    Digimon Net Version

This massive Turtle Digimon is armed with big cannons and probably also a friend to all children! Out of the three giant Turtles, he is the last one to get a Dictionary Profile and also the only one able to walk on his hindlegs. While not appearing in Savers, he is the "Anime-Line" Ultimate for the Kamemon line. That means a lot of Turtle power! Half Gamera and half DaiMugen, you better not call him Blastoise! Here is JumboGamemon!
    Digimon Net Version

[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=13377.msg170837#msg170837 date=1259599857]
    *I did not know this: The orbs fired during Blitz Arm/Justice Burst are actually lightning.[/quote]

Kinda makes sense, as Blitz means Lightning in German.

[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=13377.msg170837#msg170837 date=1259599857]
    *Translation note: I'm not entirely sure if the Extend Transmitter is on its back, or the shoulders. Does anyone remember if Justimon had some sort of machine on its back? Also, if anyone is familiar with Kamen Rider, is it the kind of show that would use "Extendo Transmitter" or "Extend Transmitter"?
    [/quote]

The Machine is on his back. Extendo and Extend both sound like something out of Kamen Rider, but Extend is more likely.

Completely digital

Cherrymon
    Woodmon evolves further into Cherrymon, a Digimon that obtained a very high amount of intellect and power. This frightening Digimon is known as the main attraction amidst a sea of trees, tempting those Digimon who have strayed off into the deep, dark forest further into its depths, then dragging them away from the forest's exit, making sure they don't slip from his clutches forever. He entices enemies into the depths of his forest by generating a hallucinogenic fog from his body, before capturing them with his ivy and his branch-like tentacles, and storing them away to feed upon later. Because many Woodmon are defeated before they evolve into Cherrymon, those who do survive and evolve see it as a guarantee of a higher survival rate. His special attack is "Cherry Bomb": forbidden fruit that are grown from the leaves on his head. Enemies are enticed by their sweet smell, and it's said that certain death awaits those who eat them.

JumboGamemon
    A huge Cyborg type Digimon that can fire beams from the ports dotted across his entire body, but at the cost of using up the strength of his metallic shell in order to do so. His special attacks are "Megaton Hydro Laser", which releases an super-high speed current of water from his mouth that can penetrate anything, and "Jumbo Crater", which fires all of the laser cannons on his body. It provides 360-degree cover, and leaves a crater on the ground afterwards. Thus, this special attack is a physical interpretation of the saying "The best defense is a good offense". He also has "Jumbo Jetter", a pent-up beam that's fired backwards once he tucks in his hands and feet, allowing him to accelerate towards the enemy quickly.

Woo new digimon profiles

Sandiramon and ZeedMilleniumon

I come from the net

That has to be done with style!

Our first Digimon is another Deva. Its Debut in Tamers was not a case of "Snakes on a Plane", but rather a case of a "Snake as big as a Train." This fellow is one huge COOOOOBRAAAA! Thought they would show it with its weapon... Here is Sandiramon!
    Digimon Net Version

Our second Digimon also has a Tamers Connection, mainly because of his Ryo and Cyberdramon. Also the big bad of Brave Tamers! Turns out that it is indeed Zeed, not Z'd or Xeed, like some people claim. Kinda hoped they would show Moon first to have the three forms in the right order, but here is the one that controls time and space and might destroy all the Digital Worlds if his seal is broken. Here is ZeedMillenniumon!
    Digimon Net Version

Regarding JumboGamemon's Jumbo Jetter: That is clearly a homage to Gamera's way of flying.

Completely digital

Sandiramon
    An Ultimate Digimon that looks like a snake and is one of the "Deva Digimon". A subordinate of the Four Holy Beasts member Zhuqiaomon, he is the cruellest and most cunning of the Devas. He doesn't like battles that end in an instant, instead preferring to kill his opponents by injuring them slowly. He usually lives deep underground, and he can skillfully move through the earth. During combat, he is able to project his "Pao Guu" halberd from his mouth, and because it's so lightweight, he is able to bind his tail around it and brandish it dexterously. Although the halberd is incredibly sharp, it deletes itself as soon as it slashes the opponent once, but so long as Sandiramon has enough energy left, he can produce countless duplicates of the weapon. His special attack is "Krishna", which allows him to wriggle his giant body in order to powerfully spit out a halberd.

ZeedMillenniumon
    An Evil God who has assumed he can traverse through time and space as much as he likes, aiming to destroy both universes and Time itself. Whereas most Digimon defeated during battles transform into Digi-Eggs, it's very rare for some, like himself, to revive as a data corpse. One theory states that when Millenniumon was dying during a battle, he was intensely revived through his dark soul and became ZeedMillenniumon. Also, the belts that are chained around ZeedMillenniumon's body are said to suppress his powers, like real chains, but whoever put this spell on ZeedMillenniumon remains unknown. However, it is prophesied that whoever breaks him from this spell will cause inscrutable destruction to pour down over the entire Digital World. His special attack is "Time Destroyer", which traps hostile opponents in the void between time and space. It's said that nobody has returned from the void between time and space alive after being subjected to this attack.

I want to apologize for the delay. I was focusing on exams, but now that they're over I'll post the four that I missed.

JumboGamemon
    Ultimate
    Cyborg
    Data
    *Megaton Hydro Laser
    *Jumbo Crater
    *Jumbo Jetter
    A gigantic Cyborg Digimon which added beam cannons to its entire body until the strength of its metal body's shell was compromised. Its Special Moves are ultra-high speed water currents which are all channeled through its mouth-cannons (Megaton Hydro Laser), and simultaneously strafing with all of its beam cannons (Jumbo Crater). Furthermore, as a result of this technique covering 360°, a crater is left behind after the discharge. This Special Move is exactly suited for "Offense is the best Defense". Also, it can retract its feet and fire both arm-beams behind it, accelerating it into a spinning charge at the opponent (Jumbo Jetter).
    *While the Japanese bio makes a distinction between the "cannon " in "Jumbo Crater" and the "cannons" in the rest of the bio, which it calls "firing ports", Directed Energy Weapon terminology generally uses "cannon". So, I used that throughout. I've seen "muzzle" used, but only in online fiction.

*EDIT: Fixed the Jumbo Jetter description, because I didn't know anything about Gamera.

ZeedMillenniumon
    Ultimate
    Evil God
    Virus
    *Time Destroyer

Flying freely between space-times, it is a king of evil that is still trying to destroy all eras and worlds. Although a Digimon will become a Digitama if defeated in battle, there are very rare occasions when it has instead been reborn from within the corpse of its data. According to one theory, when Millenniumon died in a furious battle, the dark soul it possessed was reborn as ZeedMillenniumon. Also, as for the bands which wrap around ZeedMillenniumon, it is said that they are like chains which suppress its abilities, but it is unknown who could cast such a spell on ZeedMillenniumon. However, it is foretold that if it is released from this spell, it will rain unfathomable destruction upon the Digital World. Its Special Move is "Time Destroyer", which consigns hostile opponents to the gulf beyond space and time. So far, no one who has been brushed off by this technique has returned from between space and time.
    Notes:
    *For some odd reason, the opening line calls him a "King (consisting) of evil", rather than "Evil God". This could also be read as "King which is growing/becoming evil", but we know he's already there.
    *The "very rare occasions" refers to Apocalymon, Venom Vamdemon, Belial Vamdemon, Lucemon Satan Mode, and all forms of Millenniumon. Basically, at least it's a "recognized phenomenon", and not just a plot conceit.
    *You guys have probably already noticed, but the "bands" consist of the original html address for digimon channel! ("http://www.digimon.channel.or.jp") They've been polygonized (is that a word?) in this image, but you can still tell.
    *Interestingly, the phrasing used to describe "Time Destroyer" indicate its arrogance and vast power. The fact that it specifically applies to "opponents who are antagonizing it", indicates that it doesn't even feel the need to acknowledge most opponents, and the verb used in the second line, "brushed off" indicates how utterly dismissive the technique is. I'm not sure how exactly to indicate this tone any better than I have, but if anyone else has an idea, that would be great.

Sandiramon
    Perfect
    Holy Beast
    Virus
    *Krish?a

One of the Deva, it is a Perfect Digimon with a form resembling the "Snake". As a follower of the Four Holy Beasts Digimon Zhuqiaomon, it is the most cunning and cruel among the Deva. It doesn't like to decide matches in an instant, and prefers to instead choke the life out of the opponent while tormenting them bit by bit. It usually lives deep beneath the ground, and subterranean maneuvering is its specialty. During battle, it can produce a spear made of light from its mouth, the Bao Kui, and skillfully wields it with its tail wrapped around it like a hand. Although the Bao Kui vanishes once it slashes the opponent, as long as Sandiramon's energy lasts, it can spit out any number of them, and they will not degrade in sharpness. Its Special Move is impaling the opponent by thrashing its body and then powerfully vomiting up a Bao Kui (Krishna).

*Note: The "Snake" is the Zodiac sign.
    *Vishnu Purana, Ch. VI: "He who causes impotence, trespasses on others' lands, is impure, or who lives by fraud, is punished in the hell called (black, or) Krish?a."
    *I can't get Bao Mou to display correctly, but you can view how it should be written at http://wikimon.net/Sandiramon
    *The kanji for "below ground" are colloquially used for "subway".

*For some inconceivable reason, the cards claim that "Treasure Spear" is pronounced "Bao Guu". However, the symbol used, spear, is read in Chinese as Mou, so I'm assuming that the Chinese know how their language is used. However, Vajramon has a similar situation, in which the symbol used does not appear in Chinese, as it's a Japanese redesign of the symbol. Instead, the original Chinese symbol is what should have been used, and it has the correct pronunciation, SO:

There is probably a symbol similar to the one used in the bio which has a similar meaning and is pronounced "Guu", but I can't find it. If anyone can, please tell me.
    *Also, the grammar claims that the Bao Mou is a spear made of light, but it's a little unclear. Does anyone remember if this is like the anime?

EDIT:Wouldn't you know it, the second I ask for help, I figure it out. It's probably "Kui'", which means "a lance", and has a relatively similar symbol.

I come from the net

Update Time!

This Cyborg Digimon was an Ally in Adventure, a Partner in Tamers and a Jerk in X-Evolution. It is the Robocop to Boltmon's Frankenstein's Monster. Here is Andromon!
    Digimon Net Version

I hoped for this Digimon to appear before Zeed. This Digimon is not Sailor Moon, but Evil in Crystal Form and the second form of Mille as well as the one who sent Ryo to another Continuity! Here is MoonMillenniumon!
    Digimon Net Version

Also seems like they are planning a renewal of the Site, or at least Dictionary for the 8th January...Guess it is time to get rid of the LR Contest. ;D

Page 2 of 236 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast