With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 223 of 227 FirstFirst ... 123173213220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2269

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Follow AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorsaw View Post
    The language used in the translation reminds me of what was used in Baalmon to refer to him as "another form of a certain Demon Lord". Is the Japanese text used there the same as what was used for Jokermon?
    I mean even from looking at translations you can tell that one speaks about the Digimon being of a related species while another talks about a different form, so needless to say these are very different cases here. But let's doublecheck the thing just to be sure. Ba'almon's Reference Book Entry had the following to say:

ある意見はデーモン王デジモンの別の形として噂されている。

Which I'd quickly translate as "There's a rumor going around it [Ba'almon] is a Demon Lord Digimon given a different form".

And for the sake of comparison, here's a bit from Babamon's entry:

ウワサでは、ロゼモンが呪いをかけられてこの姿になったと囁かれている

Which quickly translates to "It's rumored that a Rosemon was put under a curse and as a result took this form".

So needless to say, Ba'almon's entry does resemble Babamon's entry far more than Jokermon's, and since we have have multiple cases of Digimon taking different forms, I'm pretty sure that if Jokermon was supposed to be just a Piemon in a different shape, they'd actually write that there. Meaning that year, Jokermon is indeed just a related species (kinda like one could argue V-mon is implied to have decended from V-dramon, but not quite), not a variant or a different form.

Completely digital
    Okay. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Completely digital
    The Reference Book has this to say about:

Kougamon
    A purple-masked "Shinobu" Digimon that lives in the darkness. It travels around the Digital World whilst practicing its Kouga-style ninjutsu. Because it slinks from shadow to shadow and acts out-of-sight, others rarely encounter it. Its special move is "Kouga-ryū Kage Bunshin", wherein it creates duplicates of itself and attacks the enemy at the same time.

Wow. Kougamon, really? They are scraping the bottom of the barrel for digimon in the reference book lately...

Follow xrick On Twitter Follow xrick on DeviantArt
    Doesn't those "bottom of the barrel" deserve some love as well?

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by xrick View Post
    Doesn't those "bottom of the barrel" deserve some love as well?
    I agree that the reclors also deserve the love (We learned some major things that are actually different about some of them recently), and my guess is that ukyouluvr is waiting for a Digimon who has never been given a major profile before (Which I am also waiting on). Right now, I can only think of a few that haven't gotten such treatment that aren't recolors...

-PileVolcamon (The only profile he ever got was a quick blurb, nothing like the other Reference Book profiles)
    -Meicoomon
    -Meicrackmon (Vicious Mode)
    -Omegamon Zwart D (Defeat)
    -Omegamon Alter-B
    -Volcanicdramon
    -MiniVolcanicdramon (That's if this ends up actually being his name)
    -HolyAngemon Priest Mode (He's not grouped with the other V-Tamer only Digimon given that he appeared on the Xros Loader, so his profile might pop up before theirs do)
    -Several Xros Digimon (Most notably manga only additions such as Shoutmon EX6, ShootingStarmon, White SkullKnightmon, and so forth)
    -Several Crusader Digimon (Mostly Olympos XII members and related Digimon such as several of Aegiochusmon's forms)
    -The V-Tamer only Digimon (UlforceVeedramon Future Mode, Arkadimon SU, Demon SU, and so forth, but of course that's for other reasons as to why they haven't gotten theirs yet.. but that's a subject for a different discussion)

Let me know if I missed any. There aren't many non-recolors left, but I have a gut feeling that we're gonna get a good number of new Digimon this coming year for the 20th anniversary. *Points to the nice amount of new Digimon that popped up during the 10th anniversary*
    Last edited by WarOmnimon; 12-10-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    2017's gonna be LIT, and if you're challenging me, you WILL need this info. ;)
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Street Fighter 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7)
    DU Server Name WarOmni-TA (Digimon Unlimited, that is.)

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    There are quite a few of the Digimon that debuted in Crusader that we're still waiting on profiles for (Olympos XII and related, like a couple of the Aegiochusmons). Others we have profiles for but no descriptions of their attacks, which the Reference Book profiles will presumably add.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    There are quite a few of the Digimon that debuted in Crusader that we're still waiting on profiles for (Olympos XII and related, like a couple of the Aegiochusmons). Others we have profiles for but no descriptions of their attacks, which the Reference Book profiles will presumably add.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that for a second. That's what happens when you think too fast, LOL! Yeah, added that to my generalized list. We especially need profiles as such for Jupitermon Wrath Mode and Junomon Hysteric Mode - I'm surprised that they haven't bothered doing detailed profiles for them yet, whereas their base forms do have such profiles.
    2017's gonna be LIT, and if you're challenging me, you WILL need this info. ;)
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Street Fighter 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7)
    DU Server Name WarOmni-TA (Digimon Unlimited, that is.)

Yeah, I kind of want all of those before another recolor...

I mean, I'm fine with recolors for the most part, but I'd like to see the more noteworthy Digimon get profiles first. Regulumon when?

Completely digital
    The Reference Book has this to say about:

Tortamon
    A land tortoise-type Digimon armed with a shell that has sharp blades growing from it. Because both its shell and its body have been formed at the highest density, it is heavier than it looks, and it produces terrifying thuds whenever it walks. In addition, its cry is metallic and high-pitched, giving it the nickname of the "Noise Digimon". Its normal mobility is extremely slow, but when it tucks in its limbs and assumes a disk-like form, it can move at speeds more than 10 times its normal level. Its special move is "Shell Phalanx", wherein it fires the blades of its shell like many warhead missiles.