With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 221 of 254 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2533

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Maybe we'll see HolyAngemon: Priest Mode soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Actually, it's not really a replacement. Chrome Digizoid is refined from Chrondigizoit, which itself is made from Huanglong Ore. I know there's art of both Chrondigizoit and Chrome Digizoid in Collectors. Wikimon has an overview on the metal that seems to be fairly accurate.
    I meant that the Digimon Reference Book tends to replace mentions of Chrondigizoit with Chrome Digizoid.

Vicious mode was only in Digimon Linkz so I have a theory that the name was really supposed to go to Meicoomon at the end of Part 2 that got noticeably stronger and "unfluffed/stretched out" if you know what I mean but they screwed it up somehow. There's no way to prove it though. It's really weird how we never saw her Plotmon and Nyaromon forms anywhere but that mobile app too, and they didn't have names. I'm sure they just want to keep things mysterious. Maybe the Digimon Tri cards will give us a Meicrackmon to clear things up too.

So it looks like Sakuyamon: Miko Mode- and by extension, Kuzuhamon: Miko Mode- are officially considered unique Digimon as opposed to just different outfits. I'd also like to see Holy Angemon: Priest Mode get an entry too.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think the Miko Modes have been considered separate Digimon since their appearance in Collectors, though I may be wrong about that.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I think the Miko Modes have been considered separate Digimon since their appearance in Collectors, though I may be wrong about that.
    Yes, you're totally right (in fact, Sakuyamon: Miko Mode and Holy Angemon: Priest Mode even earlier in the Digimon Visual Dictionary during Frontier's era). Worth mentioning that both Sakuyamon: Miko Mode and Kuzuhamon: Miko Mode were treated as a Super Ultimates iirc (wonder if it will be the same in the D-Arc Ver.15th). In Collectors we have some other similar cases:
    *Dukemon (Grani Riding Ver.): we have an official artwork for him, but I don't think it should be treated as a separate species, it's just Dukemon riding Grani.
    *Beelzebumon (Behemoth Riding Ver.): same as Dukemon (Grani Riding Ver.), with the exception that it is also treated as a separate species in the Digimon Xros Loader V-Pet.
    *Lilithmon (XW): historically claimed to be a separate species here and there (Super Xros Wars, Collectors) but anyways there is not enough evidence to be considered like this. The best evidente of this is that Lilithmon (XW) uses the same Bandai work as the normal Lilithmon (Xros Wars collection poster, Digimon Xros Archive, among other materials).
    *Bacchusmon (Drunk Mode): in my opinion, there is no single difference between the case of Miko Mode and this one and also he has his own differenciate Bandai artwork. So yes, we should consider Crapulence Mode as separate species (the problem here is that it would be inconsistent that the card Re-62 only refers to its Crapulence Mode -since it's depicted the artwork of the latter-, 'cause we'd have Digitamamon and Piccolomon evolving directly to Crapulence Mode, skipping the normal one.)
    *Shoutmon (King Ver.): it is treated a separate species and only the normal Shoutmon can evolve in OmegaShoutmon in Collectors. Anyway, I don't think is a separate species at all. Its just a tweaked Shoutmon. But I wouldn't know what to consider in this specific case.
    *Arresterdramon Superior Mode: The Xros Up (Brave Snatcher) version is labeled with this name, while we already have a Superior Mode (episode 76 of the anime). Besides, Digimon Fortune and the card Re-69 are also ambiguous in this respect.

So, what do you think guys?

Actually, Re-69 depicts the normal Superior Mode, not the Brave Snatcher version. You can see the Tail Anchor in the card's artwork. I "won" a very brief "edit war" on Wikimon by pointing that out.

As far as getting a Priest Mode profile, I can really do without one. There are so many interesting Digimon introduced by Crusader (the Olympos XII and related species) that haven't gotten a profile yet. I wonder when they'll finally get around to that and stop giving us a bunch of profiles we basically already have.
    Last edited by TMS; 11-26-2016 at 07:59 PM.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Completely digital
    The Reference Book has this to say about:

Jokermon*
    Full of mystery, this Demon Lord Digimon strikes from everywhere at once. When it suddenly appears on the battlefield, it becomes a keyman of the state of war that determines the situation in battle by killing Digimon with a single blow of their vitals. It is said that when Jokermon chooses a side, victory will be in their sights, and this is called a "passing of the trump". Though this Digimon is shrouded in mystery, suspicions have been raised during research indicating that it is of the same species as Piemon. Its special moves are "Lunatic Slash", wherein it hunts down the enemy with its scythe, which gathers the hope swirling around the battlefield, and "Gaia Magicker", wherein he activates magic circles right underneath the enemy and fires beams upwards, erasing them without leaving a single trace of them behind.
    *A Digimon Xros Wars Original Digimon Contest winner.

Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Follow AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel
    My son finally has an official Reference Book Entry aaaaaaaa!!!

I'm kinda sad the "born out of the data of dreams" concept got scrapped by Bandai but hey, we got interesting descriptions for Lunatic Slash and Gaia Magicar, that's something! Also Jokermon is now confirmed to be Baby Piemon. God bless lmao

(BTW Wilder I think you meant Demon Man Digimon, not Demon Lord?)

Yeah, it's Demon Man (魔人).
    MY PROJECTS

I feel like Jokermon himself wrote that entry.