With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 11 of 225 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Re: Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Finally figured it out! What the machine thinks is "painful eyes" means "have a terrible experience"

MetalMamemon
    Perfect
    Cyborg
    Data
    *Energy Bomb
    A Cyborg Digimon which evolved more strongly as a Mamemon possessing the alias "Smiley Bomber". As usual, if one is deceived by its cute appearance, they will have a terrible experience. Nine-tenths of its body is mechanized, and its Special Move "Energy Bomb", which is fired from the Psycho Blaster equipped to its left arm, possesses tremendous destructive force which is able to reliably bring down the opponent.
    That was the one holding me up, so the (what, 9?) rest of the profiles will be done soon.

I come from the net

[quote author=Wildermon link=topic=13377.msg180485#msg180485 date=1271988520]

Dinobeemon
    A Mutant type Digimon born as a result of Jogress Evolution between Stingmon and ExVeemon. A chimera (synthetic beast) of an insect and a dragon, this Digimon bears the nickname of the "Frightening Bee". Although traits from both the Dragon and Insect types aren't easily distinguishable, he seems to retain the dark personalities of an Insect type. He flies across the sky with his four wings, adequately detecting the enemy with the compound eyes on his head, and the enemy's life is thus cut short. Moreover, Dinobeemon is considerably cruel in nature. His special attacks are "Hell Masquerade", which slashes the enemy to bits whilst leaving afterimages due to his quick movement, and "Hell's Dance".
    [/quote]

Hell's Dance? Is that a new attack?

I come from the net

Actually not. It is a reference to his movement during Hell Masquerade. So no new attack.

Told you this would go quickly!

Pinochimon
    Ultimate
    Puppet
    Virus
    *Bullet Hammer
    Made from the body of a cursed Jyureimon, it is an Ultimate Puppet Digimon. It is thought that it was probably a single fiendish hacker that built Pinochimon from Jyureimon's data. It has a marionette-like appearance, but it can move under its own volition. Its personality is detestable, as it tells fibs, and when a computer presents false information, it is the work of Pinochimon. Its Special Move is packing gunpowder into its revolver-style hammer and striking with its strongest technique (Bullet Hammer). If one suffers this attack, they will probably vanish without a trace, not just from the hammer's blow but also from the explosion of the gunpowder.
    *It should be obvious, but the liar reference is due to Pinocchio's nose-problem.

Doumon
    Perfect
    Demon Man
    Data
    *Jugonsatsu (Exorcism Scrolls)
    *Kimontonkou (Demonic Gates, Hidden Jia)
    Versed in Onmyoudou, it is an onmyouji Digimon that freely uses every technique in battle. Its faculty with magic is particularly high, and attacks with talismans and spells are its forte. Like Taomon, it is a being hidden in darkness that lives within the darkness, but unlike Taomon it specializes in death-curses and assassinations. Also, it is able to turn its talismans into shikigami and command them. Its Signature Move is wreathing the opponent's body with its talismans, then detonating them (Jugonsatsu). Its Special Move "Kimontonkou" is a terrifying technique in which it chants an incantation while painting a barrier in the air with its gigantic brush, confining the opponent in an eternal labyrinth from which it can never escape.
    Notes:
    *Jugonsatsu is just those little exorcism scrolls you see the monk characters use, like Miroku in Inuyasha.
    *Kimontonkou is a divination spell used in "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" used by Kong Ming (i.e., AncientWisetmon). I'm not 100% sure what it means in English, but based on wikipedia's "Qi Men Dun Jia", I want to say that it is "Demonic Gates, Hidden Jia". It's also used in Persona 2, apparently.
    *Onmyoji (like Anna in Shaman King) practice onmyoudou.
    *Shikigami are servant spirits controlled by Onmyoji.

*If anyone knows where the line "hidden in darkness that lives within the darkness" is from, please tell me.

Dinobeemon
    Perfect
    Mutant
    Free
    *Hell Masquerade
    A Mutant Digimon which Jogress-evolved from Stingmon and XV-mon. A chimera of a dragon and an insect, it is a Digimon which possesses the name "Terrible Bee". It is hard to classify its species as either a Dragon type or an Insect type, but its Insect nature is more pronounced. It flies through the sky with its four wings, and accurately perceives the opponent with the compound eyes on its head, so it can reliably choke the life out of its opponent. Also, Dinobeemon is the owner of a considerably brutal personality. Its Special Move is the "Dance of Hell" in which its nimble movements leave behind afterimages while it cleaves the opponent (Hell Masquerade).
    *A chimera is an organism which possesses two distinct sets of DNA.
    *Its name really does mean Terrible Bee.
    *The title for "Dance of Hell" is most commonly used for a documentary about Mario Bava, a horror movie maker: "Mario Bava: Maestro of the Macabre".

MetallifeKuwagamon
    Perfect
    Insect
    Virus
    *Homing Laser
    *Emit Blade
    A subspecies of Kuwagamon which rapidly boosted its offensive power by means of armification. It has also gained grappling ability due to the fact that its form has become humanoid, and as it has both a tough shell as well as nimble movements, it boasts top-class balance among Perfect Digimon. It is able to freely alter the trajectory of its "Homing Laser", a beam fired from the gun points equipped to the fingertips on both hands, at its own will, allowing the beam to avoid any kind of obstacle and hit the opponent dead on. Also, it demonstrates its power in close combat with its "Emit Blade", which emits a beam in the shape of a blade and slashes with it.
    *I'm not sure if armification is truly a word, since I can't find it at dictionary.com, but almost any history book refers to pre-WWII as the re-armification of Germany, so I'm willing to use. "Militarization" is a more accepted translation, but may not be clear enough.
    *Its "Homing Laser" is basically Der Freischutz. Technically, the grammar is something like "As for its Homing Laser, a beam fired from the gun points equipped to the fingertips of both of its hands, it is able to bend its trajectory at MetallifeKuwagamon's will, and able to avoid any obstacle and hit the opponent directly."
    *Its "Emit Blade" is basically like, ten light sabers coming out of its fingers. The grammar is technically "Also, its Emit Blade, which emits a blade-shaped laser and slashes, demonstrates its power in close combat."

BlackWarGreymon
    Ultimate
    Dragon Man
    Virus
    *Dark Gaia Force
    Feared as the "Jet-black Dragon Warrior", it is a Virus-species WarGreymon. Although its creed and principles are the polar opposite of those of the Virus Buster WarGreymon, it exists for the sake of its own peculiar justice. It detests cowardice and foul play, and it doesn't consider itself a fellow of vulgar Digimon, even if they are of the same Virus-species. The full details of how it converted to a Virus are a mystery, and the "Brave Shield" equipped to its back is not engraved with the Crest of Courage. Its Special Move is similar to WarGreymon's "Gaia Force", except that it takes all of the "Negative emotions" within this world and concentrates them into one spot, and then fires it (Dark Gaia Force).

I come from the net

Is this the first time BlackWarGreymon has the Dark Gaia Force attack? I don't recall seeing it before.

I come from the net

It varies. Some sources have it as Dark Gaia Force, others just as Gaia Force.

I come from the net

So Dark Gaia Force is the same attack as Gaia Force used by BlackWarGreymon in the anime/cards, except with a different name? Like how the dub has four names for Gaia Force?

Actually, a note on the word "chimera" - it can refer to a creature with two or more sets of DNA. So, while Dinobeemon is a chimera of dinosaur and insect DNA, the Chimera of mythology is a chimera of lion, snake, and goat DNA. Scientists have taken the name of the mythological creature and applied it to anything having DNA of more than 1 creature.

[quote author=Deviate link=topic=13377.msg181322#msg181322 date=1272819602]
    So Dark Gaia Force is the same attack as Gaia Force used by BlackWarGreymon in the anime/cards, except with a different name? Like how the dub has four names for Gaia Force?
    [/quote]

The early cards were technically "WarGreymon (Virus)", which is why they had to have the same techniques. However, in Alpha-Carddas, we finally get a card explicitly named "BlackWarGreymon", and it has "Dark Gaia Force", but it is for the X-Antibody form. (da-545) Oddly enough, even though DM-081, DM-140, and Spa-002 are all named "BlackWarGreymon", they still use "Gaia Force".

Still, the bio doesn't mention the X-Antibody or its mutations at all, so it's probably just a retcon.

I haven't seen the original episodes with BWGmon in them, so I'm not sure what he says there.

I come from the net

The Analyzer for those said "Ankoku no Gaia Force". He himself however only said Gaia Force.