With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon- New Digimon in the 20th Anniversary V-Pet

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    When it comes to viewing the designs as a pure subversion I don't see the theme as particularly well executed though... while their overall types switch the elemental changes seem rather arbitrary as CresGarurumon retains the Garurumon line's signature ice element, while BlitzGreymon suddenly has electricity which hasn't been part of any Greymon or Garurumon species in the past, so it just comes totally out of nowhere.
    Yeah, they could have gone farther with the concept. On the other hand these both need to wind up in the same Alter-B destination as the original War Greymon and Metal Garurumon, so deviating too far would be hard to reign back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    What is more interesting to me is that those forms might seem less abnormal if we try to not get hung up on how the franchise has handled final forms of Greymon and Garurumon on their own, but rather look at what those digimon emerged from; I mean look back at the state of their lines pre Episode 36 Adventure: We have MetalGreymon, a hulking cyborg shooting missiles and propelling his robotic arm and we have WereGarurumon a physical fighter lacking any sophisticated technology but instead using his claws and generating energy blades "naturally".
    In that sense the original Ultimate forms are the weird choice. WarGreymon is not a cyborg, all of his metal components are purely armor with no robotic aspect, his fighting style is based on muscles and "direct" energy rather than technology. On the other hand MetalGarurumon is the classical Digimon Cyborg. But basically, just based on the theme of the rest of their lines, if all the way back then you'd have to guess which one of those two would end up as a close combat oriented warrior using blades and which one as a high tech weaponized cyborg... we'd end up with the opposite expectations than what actually happened.
    I had the same thought today, although if you go back to adult level, Greymon arguably uses his horns more than Garurumon his claws, and Garurumon mostly relies on his breath weapon, though I guess Greymon does too, to a lesser degree. Well, whatever. Digimon lines have always vacillated back and forth: look at the Plotmon line.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    GeoGreymon's Mega Burst was vaguely electrical in addition to the fire element.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    Very interesting but I'm not really sure how I feel about Blitz Greymon. It is such a departure from the previous Dragon type Greymon-species Ultimate Digimon.

It looks a lot like Megalo Growmon ("Deep-crimson heavy tank") to me more than anything else, who uses the "Pendulum Blades" or the verniers on its back to attack. Now Blitz Greymon who does the same thing, a reinforced heavy grappler with the "Plasma Stakes" on its arms. Both are Cyborg Virus Digimon.

Megalo Growmon used an attack called "Megalo Spark" where it fires electricity from its chest-mounted cannons. Blitz Greymon has the "Thunder Verniers" on its back which face forward and fires electricity.

With the red armor it looks like an Ultimate form for Megalo Growmon rather than any Metal Greymon. I don't know if that's what they were going for when they designed it. War Greymon evolves from Megalo Growmon in plenty of sources but I don't know how I feel about this.

The new Ultimate Garurumon-species looks amazing, the second "Beast Knight" after Mirage Gaogamon. Love the design.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I remember glibly saying that we needed a new Greymon Ultimate now that a new season of anime is out. Mostly because I like seeing all the Greymon from each season lined up next to each other.
    I'm... quite disappointed that the new Greymon isn't an Appmon. I'm glad that we get a new Garurumon though, since ShineGreymon, DeckerGreymon, and ZekeGreymon have no Garurumon counterpart. Also, I think CresGarurumon looks more like ZekeGreymon's counterpart due to the gold color.
    Well, ZekeGreymon is the Lone Wolf's Digimon, so if you wanted to stretch it a bit... Rei and Revivemon/Hadesmon are totally the new Dragons of the new season of Digimon anime...

That being said... ShineGreymon's wolf counterpart is definitely MirageGaogamon... and apparently the Ga part of his name is even supposed to stand for Garurumon.

Basically... if you want to find patterns in Digimon, you certainly don't have to look hard.

Tweaked the initial news post with the translation changes suggested by garm.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Kinda disappointed with both of them. I'm tired of seeing guns and blades getting slapped on random body parts.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    If he shows up in Tri, can we add him to the WtW banner?
    Not 👏 until 👏 they 👏 add 👏 Globemon Gaiamon

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    I'm... quite disappointed that the new Greymon isn't an Appmon.
    How would that even have worked? Well, I guess a palæontology app would hardly be more improbable than Cometmon. Alternatively they could both be themed after tactical war game apps or something. Yeah, in retrospect, it would have been nice, though it seems they had already committed to this Alter-S thing, and it’s a good shtick: as much as the franchise is overloaded with clones of the Greymon and Garurumon lines, including of Omegamon, there have been relatively few expansions of the main line itself, especially of anything touching Omegamon specifically, and in this era of level inflation I feel that it’s worth doing. I think a lot of us sense this intuitively, which is why we haven’t gotten any ‘not another Greymon’ reactions yet: this particular use is actually not horribly overdone. Also giving back-channel routes to the same evolution is pretty interesting — at least when that final thing is a, what, fourth-tier ultimate? That gives them plenty of room for cool, elaborate designs even if they are retracing their evolutionary steps. It also helps that on the level of individual design, they’re pretty innovative: this is perhaps the first time we’ve had a fully robotic, fully humanoid dragon man, and while we’ve had a couple of doggo knights, CresGarurumon is the first one that retains the classical hunched werewolf body frame. He’s like if Mercurymon became a knight.

Still, I wish we were at a point where anniversary digimon could be drawn from other well-known ones. Who wouldn’t like some more Imperial Dramon or Dukemon modes, zeta hybrids, or a fusion for Shine Greymon and Mirage Gaogamon? Maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    It reminds me a lot more to AncientGarurumon tbh.
    Word, down to the ‘warrior of light’ æsthetic. LOL, come to think of it, the whole fire spirit line was preoccupied with blasting and the light spirit line was slashers … until they got to the zeta hybrids, and then it reversed so they could ape War Greymon and Metal Garurumon. That was probably incidental rather than intentional though. How undialectical, pure ideology. This is deliberate and self-conscious which makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai32 View Post
    Why do I feel like these be giving to Matt and tai in part 6 as new mega for them use
    Could be, but with the virus typing, I’m guessing not. I think we’re going to get a super-Omegamon formed from all eight ultimates.
    More Zeta hybrids sound like a great idea, as would giving the 02 kids a non-Jogress evolution line
    Last edited by amozu16; 03-18-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Completely digital The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Wouldn't be Globemon though, would it? It'd be Gaiamon.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
    Wouldn't be Globemon though, would it? It'd be Gaiamon.
    Ack, you caught me. I prefer Globemon's design, but you're right

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234