With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon- New Digimon in the 20th Anniversary V-Pet

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Yeah it’s not out of the question by any means.

I sense if they do introduce them in Tri, it might be as minions of the villain, in a sort of similar way that Dark Imperialdramon was used.

Y'know, darker versions of the heroic characters?

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Oh nice yeah, hadn’t even thought of that. For that matter maybe Zwart / Zwart D / Alter-B / Alter-S (whew, that’s a lot of Omegamons) could be the final enemy that they only manage to overcome with their new clusterfuck evolution.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I approve of both. BlitzGreymon is so frickin' cool.

I come from the net
    I like these. They're very different from the previous versions. Very interesting to see.

I come from the net
    After reading those comments, it's really funny when they had enough of more Greymon and Garurumon versions yet they accepted it because of its Virus attribute and electric attacks. There are actually fewer Garurumon species...

Looking at CresGarurumon's body shape that reminds me of Duramon, Jupitermon, and Jesmon combined. I guess this new body shape in similar designs will continue... I wonder if Victory/Z'D fusion really doesn't exist after all?

Ain't got no mojo...
    These look really amazing! I'll have to show my friend this sometime! xDD

Though I can't help but wonder... does it seem like CresGarurumon takes some pages out of Grademon's book, or is it just me? And on that note, this new Garuru looks like he could qualify to be a Royal Knight!

Ehehe ...I'll see myself out.

I've never been much of a fan of the mandatory additions to the Greymon spcies but I guess this time they are actually trying something with a bit more substance.

When it comes to viewing the designs as a pure subversion I don't see the theme as particularly well executed though... while their overall types switch the elemental changes seem rather arbitrary as CresGarurumon retains the Garurumon line's signature ice element, while BlitzGreymon suddenly has electricity which hasn't been part of any Greymon or Garurumon species in the past, so it just comes totally out of nowhere.

What is more interesting to me is that those forms might seem less abnormal if we try to not get hung up on how the franchise has handled final forms of Greymon and Garurumon on their own, but rather look at what those digimon emerged from; I mean look back at the state of their lines pre Episode 36 Adventure: We have MetalGreymon, a hulking cyborg shooting missiles and propelling his robotic arm and we have WereGarurumon a physical fighter lacking any sophisticated technology but instead using his claws and generating energy blades "naturally".
    In that sense the original Ultimate forms are the weird choice. WarGreymon is not a cyborg, all of his metal components are purely armor with no robotic aspect, his fighting style is based on muscles and "direct" energy rather than technology. On the other hand MetalGarurumon is the classical Digimon Cyborg. But basically, just based on the theme of the rest of their lines, if all the way back then you'd have to guess which one of those two would end up as a close combat oriented warrior using blades and which one as a high tech weaponized cyborg... we'd end up with the opposite expectations than what actually happened.

Some more general notes: As a heavily armed red virus cyborg I'm fully expecting BlitzGreymon to be involved with the Crack Team in some way. Especially since Aegisdramon, another cyborg featured in the 20th aniversary V-pet has recently been (semi-)retconned into the Crack Team as well.

I also love how the description of CresGarurumon's Juuroudaikaiten implies awareness of the ridiculous surplus of edges and spikes featured in the design of many armored Digimon nowadays.
    Last edited by Theigno; 03-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    They seem kinda bleh to me tbh, although the Garurumon seems like a better mega from WereGarurumon than everything else.

Junior Commander
    Blitzkrieg greymon, yeah...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast