With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ophanimon Rant *Spoilers*

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusRose View Post
    As others have said, it's possible that falldown mode will be her "dark" evolution and Holydramon will appear after. There's no dark variant of Holydramon after all.
    Not to fan the flames, but if Ophanimon Falldown Mode is Tailmon's "dark evolution" (which honestly is a good guess in my opinion), why would Holydramon make more sense as a non-dark evolution when we already have a normal version of Ophanimon? I would imagine having Ophanimon and Ophanimon Falldown Mode as two possible Ultimates for Tailmon makes more sense than having Ophanimon FM and Holydramon.

I don't have a strong opinion on this one way or the other btw, but I do think Ophanimon works better in conjunction with Seraphimon.

also i read some where that the adventure psp game that showed cast all the warp evolution to mega in that game is meant to be adventure cannon evolution line chain
    Last edited by Kai32; 03-11-2017 at 11:25 AM.

What about holydramon for meicoomon's line that would be interesting, and also make more sense since they released a holydramon card. that would mean that ophanimon would 100% be tailmon's mega

Ain't got no mojo... H A K A S E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    I just don't like the design and the fact that it's another angel digimon a Seraphimon carbon copy lol
    Oh no, another angel digimon! Why would they have an angel evolve into a bigger angel? That's completely absurd! And this angel looks exactly like Seraphimon except in a different color, a different body type, differently shaped wings, and different weapons. At least Angewomon isn't that similar to Angemon. Oh wait...

Anyways, I personally like the design a lot, in my opinion it's way better than Seraphimon's. I would honestly prefer if they made Holydramon be Patamon's ultimate and gave Ophanimon to Gatomon. But having them together would be better than having Holydramon at all. Holydramon is a cool design and all but it makes no sense to come out of Angewomon and since they already established Hikari and Takeru to be basically the same (both are younger siblings of the main character and rival, both are the same age, both were main characters in 02 even though none of the other adventure kids were, both of their first evolutions are angels that look almost the exact same, they've been ship-teased since 2000) so I want this trend to be continued. I wouldn't really care if Holydramon was the ultimate but I would prefer Ophanimon.

Also, it clearly shows Ophanimon Falldown Mode on the poster, which can be assumed to be a dark evolution. Just because her dark evolution is Ophanimon doesn't mean her normal one won't be Holydramon. I don't see why the fact that Ophanimon exists should ruin the entire series for you. I also don't understand why Ophanimon being a copy of Seraphimon should make you hate her this much. Do you hate Angewomon this much too? She's much more of a copy of Angemon than Ophanimon is a copy of Seraphimon and way more of a fanservice character. At least Ophanimon covers her cleavage.
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    As others have said, it's possible that falldown mode will be her "dark" evolution and Holydramon will appear after. There's no dark variant of Holydramon after all.
    Not to fan the flames, but if Ophanimon Falldown Mode is Tailmon's "dark evolution" (which honestly is a good guess in my opinion), why would Holydramon make more sense as a non-dark evolution when we already have a normal version of Ophanimon? I would imagine having Ophanimon and Ophanimon Falldown Mode as two possible Ultimates for Tailmon makes more sense than having Ophanimon FM and Holydramon.

I don't have a strong opinion on this one way or the other btw, but I do think Ophanimon works better in conjunction with Seraphimon.
    Broadly speaking, this outlines the way I think about this topic. In general, I have always preferred Ophanimon, especially after the Digimon Adventure game for PSP, as it seems to me a better design and I believe that a Holy Angel that protects the Kernel of the Digital World, fits better with the Light of Hikari as an essential trait than a Sacred Beast. In addition, I have always thought Magnadramon has only been used because Ophanimon did not exist until mid-2001. Even so, I had already assumed that Magnadramon was going to be the Mega of Gatomon in tri. considering all the merchandising that has been released so far, but after the revelation of Ophanimon Falldown Mode (which by the way, I think it is a very clever and refreshing plot twist), I think switching between Ophanimon FM and Magndramom, existing Ophanimon already, would be simply lame and very forced. It would be as forced as having MirageGaogamon evolving into ShineGreymon Ruin Mode in the anime (?)

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post

Well I didn't say it made more sense, but why not?
    In Adventure, we got SkullGreymon, not MetalGreymon (Virus). In Tamers, we got Megidramon, not ChaosDukemon. So if that is the direction they choose, it's not like similar things haven't happened before.
    Last edited by LotusRose; 03-11-2017 at 01:33 PM.

In Adventure, we got SkullGreymon, not MetalGreymon (Virus). In Tamers, we got Megidramon, not ChaosDukemon. So if that is the direction they choose, it's not like similar things haven't happened before.
    I don't see how any of those instances actually compare to the potential situation in tri. In all those cases there was plenty of connections between the forms. SkullGreymon is still a Greymon after all and does not conflict with the draconic theme of the rest of Agumon's line at all. Dukemon might not look like Megidramon but their symbolism is clear: Megidramon is the classic folkloric destructive dragon driven by evil and instinct whereas Dukemon is a righteous knight of justice and all, their color schemes are obviously made to match as well, so again it's a strong parallel.
    But there is no such connection for Ophanimon Fall Down Mode and Holydramon. There is symbolism for "dragon and knight" but there is no sensible symbolism for "crazy evil fallen angel and good holy dragon". And let's not forget that lore wise Megidramon is equivalent to ChaosDukemon. To make the same case in tri either Ophanimon FM would be the equivalent of a potential evil version of Holydramon (which she isn't), or there would need some kind of equivalency between the regular Ophanimon and Holydramon which also doesn't exist since there is no connection between the two besides both of them being generically holy and both being potential Ultimates for Tailmon... and the latter one doesn't count for much considering that is the point of contention in the first place.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Junior Commander
    It isn't exactly the same case because the name of this corrupted evolution is Ofanimon Falldown Mode.

I think it would be strange that Ofanimon won't appear (at least a small appearance).

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    I just don't like the design and the fact that it's another angel digimon a Seraphimon carbon copy lol
    Oh no, another angel digimon! Why would they have an angel evolve into a bigger angel? That's completely absurd! And this angel looks exactly like Seraphimon except in a different color, a different body type, differently shaped wings, and different weapons. At least Angewomon isn't that similar to Angemon. Oh wait...

Anyways, I personally like the design a lot, in my opinion it's way better than Seraphimon's. I would honestly prefer if they made Holydramon be Patamon's ultimate and gave Ophanimon to Gatomon. But having them together would be better than having Holydramon at all. Holydramon is a cool design and all but it makes no sense to come out of Angewomon and since they already established Hikari and Takeru to be basically the same (both are younger siblings of the main character and rival, both are the same age, both were main characters in 02 even though none of the other adventure kids were, both of their first evolutions are angels that look almost the exact same, they've been ship-teased since 2000) so I want this trend to be continued. I wouldn't really care if Holydramon was the ultimate but I would prefer Ophanimon.

Also, it clearly shows Ophanimon Falldown Mode on the poster, which can be assumed to be a dark evolution. Just because her dark evolution is Ophanimon doesn't mean her normal one won't be Holydramon. I don't see why the fact that Ophanimon exists should ruin the entire series for you. I also don't understand why Ophanimon being a copy of Seraphimon should make you hate her this much. Do you hate Angewomon this much too? She's much more of a copy of Angemon than Ophanimon is a copy of Seraphimon and way more of a fanservice character. At least Ophanimon covers her cleavage.
    bottom of the line is I HATE Ophanimon period. I don't wanna see the regular Ophanimon otherwise tri will lose my respect

bottom of the line is I HATE Ophanimon period. I don't wanna see the regular Ophanimon otherwise tri will lose my respect
    If a show you enjoy would lose your respect because a 'character' you don't like appears... then your respect isn't really worth that much.

I mean, it's one thing if they do poor writing to bring back a character who shouldn't be around. It's entirely a different thing when you just don't 'like' a character.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast