With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How about 02 Tri series next?

Best speculation for 'tri' as a title is that it's a dual reference like '02', referring to it being the third series of Adventure, but also referring to the 'trinary' infection. 'Trinary' is an uncommon, but acceptable, term for the counting system after binary. Whereas Binary is only 2 digits (0 and 1), Ternary (the 'proper' name for Trinary) is 3 digits (0, 1, and the horrifying 2!).
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I'm a Maniac
    Well if an 02 series of ovas really happened I would want it to have Daisuke, Ken, Iori, Miyako, Wallace and, perhaps, Ryo as protagonists. Takeru and Hikari could show up for the final fight to give support. I would also want it to focus on the digimental aspect of 02 rather than the joggress aspect.

Junior Commander
    To be honest, I see really difficult that it will be a group of OVAs (especially if these are OVAs Premiun) with only 02 kids as protagonists.

The truth is that these characters and the group are not so popular (at least compared to Adventure kids), so it's hard to imagine that Toei is going to focus on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    Well if an 02 series of ovas really happened I would want it to have Daisuke, Ken, Iori, Miyako, Wallace and, perhaps, Ryo as protagonists. Takeru and Hikari could show up for the final fight to give support. I would also want it to focus on the digimental aspect of 02 rather than the joggress aspect.
    As Kon mentioned above, it would be hard enough to market a series just based on the four 02 kids, let alone adding Wallace and/or Ryo. More casual viewers, which is what marketing tries to reach, would have little to no idea/interest in the latter two.

There was a reason why Tri was always specifically marketed with the original 8 kids, and it's because they're the ones who the casual audiences remember and associate with.

I also find it difficult to envision a way you could write a story with the 02 cast, without Hikari and Takeru playing a major role. They were important parts of that team, and to exclude them, would change the nature of the group. And of course, while it has been odd that there's still been no real mention of the 02 kids in Tri, it's less noticeable because they weren't part of the original series.

I do agree though that if it happened, I would want to see more focus on the Digimental aspect. They introduced it and made it important, then basically just threw it away.

Ain't got no mojo... KittyCatSuicide's Avatar
    Follow KittyCatSuicide On Twitter Visit KittyCatSuicide's Xbox Live Profile
    I'd rather season 3 get a follow up myself. That seems like the only series that should since the way it ended made a follow up seem like it was a thing. Would be cool to see them mention Tri since Adventures was an anime in the season 3 verse

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234