With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 23: Get Back the 7code Appmon! Showdown - Ultimate vs Ultimate!

Add clanc on Facebook
    The appmon just turn into chips at will, we saw them doing it before

Add Shadious on Google+ Follow Shadious on DeviantArt
    I was amused a bit when Warudamon turned 2D when she attempted to Satan Mund Revivemon.

I also thought Warudamon will give the AppliDrivers' Ultimate Appmon partners a hard fight from the preview, being a powerful evil boss and all aside from not being bound with 1 minute time limit unlike the good guys... But, seems she's not strong enough to pull off such a feat.
    Last edited by Shadious; 03-17-2017 at 08:07 AM.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

I come from the net
    Sure is an interesting villain. ...I wonder if she's gone and we've seen the last of her-shi. ...Anyway good episode. Hajime is totally the other Appdriver isn't he.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Sure is an interesting villain. ...I wonder if she's gone and we've seen the last of her-shi. ...Anyway good episode. Hajime is totally the other Appdriver isn't he.
    I'm calling it for Ai, but yeah, Occam's Razor suggest Hajime

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Have we ever seen the kids un AppRealize their buddies before? It seems more like something they do on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    The appmon just turn into chips at will, we saw them doing it before
    That's...a good point actually. Didn't realize but that's right. Oh well, silly me

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    (Sighs.) This one was a miss for me. They had a clever way of keeping Viramon alive for further use, and everything Revivemon did was great, but everything in between was a miss. The fact that we didn’t get the big arc-ending battle between Warudamon and the heroes’ perfects that we deserved was almost inexcusable. Maybe they’re trying to keep the extreme grade fresh for the next arc; if that’s the case, then I’d argue they fucked up the entire plot of this arc by writing themselves into that corner. It’s not like they’ve been juggling a bunch of other complicated story elements in the meantime which would actually be a good reason for this to happen. Even with that stipulation, the fact that they spent the entire episode acting as if super grades didn’t exist in order to heighten the dramatic tension drove me fucking insane. I hate that shit. Forgetting relevant power-ups is something that was already stale in the Nineties. Why would Warudamon even have taken control of them at the child level when she could have waited for them to evolve and then done some serious damage? Did she know they wouldn’t? Did she have a copy of the script? Too bad, because there were flashes of brilliance in the creepy touches the director gave to Warudamon, though they also dragged out the dramatic tension regarding her strings for way too long: we’ve all seen anime before, we know what’s going to happen.

Appmon may have begun with a more inspired concept than most Digimon shows, but the rank incompetence of its writing continually drags it down, and this episode is a sterling example.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 03-18-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123