With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Armament DigiFuses

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel

Armament DigiFuses

Not sure where to post this thread but I'm gonna post it here cause it extends outside of games is more the general lore of Fusion.

Anyhow, you know how in the Xros Loader virtual pet certain DigiFuses such as the Star Sword, Dorulu Cannon, Supersonic Sparrow, Cyber Launcher, and Mighty Axe were treated as a special type of DigiXros known as an Armament DigiXros and could be equipped to any leader Digimon instead of being restricted to Shoutmon, MetalGreymon, and SkullKnightmon?

Well, I feel like this should have been the basis for how these weapons worked outside of the virtual pet from the start. Basically, you can use any Digimon as the armament's operator while the only required Digimon for these DigiFuses are the components used to make the armaments themselves: Starmon and Pickmon, Dorulumon, Sparrowmon, Cyberdramon (Alien), and Axemon respectively. Think along the lines of the Demon Weapons from Soul Eater.

Oh sure, you can depict Shoutmon, MetalGreymon, and SkullKnightmon wielding theses weapons in the official art but the profiles would make no mention of the three actually being required for the DigiFuses.

The catapult that appears near the end of Fusion would also be an Armament DigiFuse with Dorulumon, Starmon, and the Silver and White Pickmon being the only required components while Deputymon was simply made the catapult's operator by Mikey at that particular moment.

I feel like this topic is especially relevant now with the existence of the Zubamon line being explicitly stated to be capable of transforming themselves into weapons.

So what are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; Yesterday at 07:57 AM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    In the Xros Loader Digivice you have basically two types of DigiXrosses: the normal one, and the Armament DigiXros as you have mentioned, but they work slightly different. First of all, you have to distinguish between Leader and Subordinates Digimon (there's a comprehensive list here in Wikimon that I personally checked and corrected). Anyways, both DigiXrosses have some things in common; for instance, your Leader Digimon is the center or "wielder", whilst you must have the required Subordinates in your main team.

In the case of the normal DigiXrosses, they are just temporary (like the DigiMemories in the anime). When is your turn, you can perform it, and the result Digimon appears in order to make its Special Attack, which is generally quite strong. I remember I used to make Lucemon Satan Mode, with Lucemon as a Leader, and HolyAngemon and Sinduramon as a Subordinates. After your turn, the DigiXros is undone and the Digimon come back to normal.

In the case of Armament DigiXros it's a bit different. You have to have the required Subordinates and do it while in your turn, but while the Leader will be the "wielder" of the Weapon, it itself will remain exactly the same, only the Subordinates change their forms. After the DigiXros is performed, the Weapon in question appears just next to the Leader Digimon, and serves kind of a "Boost Attack" for him, so any Leader can carry any kind of Weapon. If I recall correctly, you can't activate your Leader Ability while equipped with this, but unlike the normal DigiXros, you can keep it for more than just one turn.

The point is that, they doesn't work exactly as in the anime or the manga. For example, you can obtain the "Dorulu Cannon" with one Dorulumon as a Subordinate, so imagine you have Shoutmon as your Leader; you can think that the result will be something like Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon, but the DigiXros doesn't turn out to be an integrated entity, but a separate thingy.

Despite this, I agree that to understand the mechanics of this DigiXros may be important to approach the nature of the Weapon Digimon such as Spadamon, Armamon and now Zubamon, but more importantly, I think the videogame Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars is the actual key that explains more or less the origins of this "Legendary Arms", so I really hope we get a proper translation of the game soon.
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 03-06-2017 at 01:16 AM.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Thank you for the elaboration of the v-pet mechanics Shadow.

I like that Armament DigiXroses aren't Leader dependent like normal ones hence why I wanted that as the basis for how Armament DigiFuses work in the franchise as a whole.

Like I get why Fusion itself used Shoutmon, MetalGreymon, and SkullKnightmon for them but the Reference Book for example didn't technically need to mention the three at all. It could, and in my opinion should, have just said "Star Sword", " Dorulu Cannon ", " Jet Sparrow", "Cyber Launcher", and " Big Axe"; completely omitting the three from the profiles altogether and making the weapons be independent rather than just additional DigiFuses for the three.

Even in Fusion itself, we saw other characters use the weapons such as Jeremy using the Star Sword, Apollomon Whispered using the Mighty Axe, and OmegaShoutmon using the Dorulu Cannon.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; Yesterday at 08:02 AM.