With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The With the Will Podcast, Episode 3- Fourth tri.'s the Charm

The With the Will Podcast, Episode 3- Fourth tri.'s the Charm

This episode of the podcast is nearly all Digimon Adventure tri. since Part 4 came out!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We go over Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 in detail, our thoughts on it, and go over what little we know of Part 5 so far.

Show notes, downloads, and the RSS feed can be found at http://podcast.withthewill.net/post/3/

We also go over a bunch of Digimon Adventure tri. news and tri. questions you guys have for us!

This episode was recorded on February 27, 2017.

Questions for future episodes can be sent to podcast@withthewill.net.

We can be found on iTunes, Google Play, and most podcasting apps (feel free to suggest one if you don't see us there.)

Just below is a Youtube embed for those who like to listen to podcasts via Youtube:

Thanks

We appreciate you guys listening and your feedback. Let us know what you think about the newest episode.

Our intro and outtro song is 'Version Up', sung by Umi Tenjin in character as Koushiro from Digimon Adventure.

The site, logo, custom art, and HTML5 player was made by lost.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

MMmhmm. I see even you two are fanboying over super hero jou.

I'll just be over here respecting that Meiko grew in this movie.

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised you two didn't talk about Maki. She's just about the first person to have done something bad and not been under control of some Digital World darkness thing. She did it out of selfishness and desperation to see her partner again. She had known what she was doing, still worried about the kids and the consequence. But did it anyway. It's refreshing to have an antagonist like that.

The newest pop idol group!
    Fluffy and Cute!

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    Unless I missed it, I'm surprised you two didn't talk about Maki. She's just about the first person to have done something bad and not been under control of some Digital World darkness thing. She did it out of selfishness and desperation to see her partner again. She had known what she was doing, still worried about the kids and the consequence. But did it anyway. It's refreshing to have an antagonist like that.
    They did talk about Maki. But to be fair, while her actions have been significant to the plot she didn't really appear much in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    MMmhmm. I see even you two are fanboying over super hero jou.
    Well, why not? It was pretty amazing to see him channeling his inner Gokai Silver.

But yeah, Meiko had a lot of growth in this chapter and that was great to see.

--

Also, not gonna bother with the hatemail but Sora is best girl. Fight me

Add clanc on Facebook
    Also, not gonna bother with the hatemail but Sora is best girl.
    I (kind of) agree!

And why the hatemail?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    And why the hatemail?
    That was just my response to the podcast gag of "send your hatemail to..." :P

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    And why the hatemail?
    That was just my response to the podcast gag of "send your hatemail to..." :P
    I should probably explain that gag someday... because I'm not sure even Victor is sure what I'm doing.

The more someone knows me and what I like the more likely they are to understand the gag though.

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised you two didn't talk about Maki.
    I'll admit, I don't recall 'how' much we talked about Maki in it. In my head I remember us talking about her. But there is very little of her in tri. Part 4, so it's quite possible just in having the discussion in a relatively natural manner that we might have skipped over some detail.

If you (or anyone) do want us to follow up or clarify something we've talked about on the podcast, you are welcome to PM me questions, or email them to podcast@withthewill.net and we will answer/comment on them on the show.

Of course, I'll also try and respond to stuff here when possible and appropriate.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    I didn't know this was a thing! I'll give it a listen... you'll probably get a sub from me.
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

I personally love that they finally put to rest all the theories on the Original Chosen. And they did it so deftly. Maki and Daigo as reflections of Taichi and the others and what they -could- grow up to be is a great concept. And the fact that they tie these two characters to a plot seed that's been there since 1999 is just a master stroke.

Also, just confirming that, in Japanese theatres, they didn't play the Butterfly opening.

I can't remember for certain, but I thought there was a moment in 02 where Koushirou was drinking Oolong Tea while they were at his house, but it wasn't nearly as exaggerated as it was in Our War Game or Tri.

The rest of the review... Marc is pretty much spot-on and I was saying a lot of the same things myself. Tri part 4 is great, but its flaws are pretty obvious.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

On the food subject: I think the thing about Japanese food being mainly fish may be a misconception. I've been to Tokyo and Osaka, and honestly I didn't see a lot of seafood or sushi places. But then I wasn't specifically looking for them. There's actually a good variety, but if you're not a fan of rice then you're basically stuffed :P

It's not that there's only fish, it's just that chicken, beef, and pork are relatively more expensive than fish, and relatively more expensive than buying them in other countries.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast